Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is shaping up to be a proper squad 19:56 - Aug 21 with 2847 viewsbosh67

Assuming Remy stays and we play 3-4-3 as we did in the last 3o mins v Hull.

Green
Onuoha Caulker Ferdinand
Isla Mutch Barton Fer
Vargas Austin Remy

That is a rapid and talented first 11.

Bench from Hoilett, Phillips, Faurlin, Traore, Young, Zamora, Simpson, Hill, Dunne, Henry, Ehmer, Murphy

No slouches there either.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2014 19:38]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 23:00 - Aug 21 with 791 viewsted_hendrix

We have a pretty good squad as far as I see it, way better and in a few cases better than when we first went up a couple of years back.
I'll be a bit happier with another goalkeeper and even happier if and when I know that Remy will be with us for the whole season.
I cant imagine that Vargas will be playing Sunday due to work permit issues? i don't know.
Any Rangers fan that isn't happy with the way we've done our transfer dealings so far is a gibbon.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 23:23 - Aug 21 with 748 viewsBAWHoops

2 years ago we signed
Green, Cesar, Bosingwa, Nelsen, Fabio, Diakite, Park, Granero, Hoilett, Mbia, Johnson

Of that lot 6 were over 30
Arguably Fabio, Hoilett, Mbia, Granero, Diakite were 'exciting' young players

The fact that the Chileans this year are on loan is very good. I like the try before you buy option!

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 23:23 - Aug 21 with 748 viewsScubaHoop

This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 22:26 - Aug 21 by classof93

Where did i say we will get relegated? I was making the point that the majority of these posts are the same as two years ago. I dont think we will go down and agree that the age and profile is much better with these signings.......bet they are all on stupid wages again though!

Fair point I'm glad you think we'll stay up, but I'm just saying just coz the posts are similar does not mean the results will be. I have no idea on the wages but I'm not so sure we're paying above the market rate otherwise your man from Ajax would be here already and Caulker wouldn't have waited a month to agree to come. I think that for maybe the first time in my entire life and I'm 36 this club is being run properly. Frankly I don't like it, is very disconcerting....
This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 23:41 - Aug 21 with 726 viewsLythamR

This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 23:23 - Aug 21 by ScubaHoop

Fair point I'm glad you think we'll stay up, but I'm just saying just coz the posts are similar does not mean the results will be. I have no idea on the wages but I'm not so sure we're paying above the market rate otherwise your man from Ajax would be here already and Caulker wouldn't have waited a month to agree to come. I think that for maybe the first time in my entire life and I'm 36 this club is being run properly. Frankly I don't like it, is very disconcerting....

I think its still unlikely that Remy will stay, at 8.5 he is an absolute steal for Arsenal, Man Utd or City and the wages wont be a problem

He will be gone but I think the signings we have made give us more than a reasonable chance of staying up without massive contract commitments if we dont make it
Ferdinand is 1 year
isla and vargas on loan with options
mutch, caulker and Fer will be relatively easy to shift on

A much more reasonable strategy this time round. If only we could shift on SWP and perhaps Hoilett and pick up a really good left sided central defender and by some fluke hold onto Remy we would be looking very good
This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 23:51 - Aug 21 with 718 viewsTrom

Yup hats off to Harry - he certainly can attract players that get you excited.

I'll forgive last years god awful football given where we were after relegation. The playoff win is one of those moments few and far between as an R. I was worried about being relegated at the start of the season.

Harry has removed most of the dead wood and the difference is now the team seems to have far more players that will put a shift in, quality and younger.

Last season was all about the lack of pace, especially when we lost Phillips but this team looks to have it in spades.

Very happy about the signings.Ship AT out now. Loved him but he's got no repectt for the club. I'd like to have the AC Milan player of last season but I don't see it happening.

Could see Remmy staying as he's sure to have noticed the influx of quality.

So positive. Hull showed how had this division can be. I think Hull are fairly tidy though and made good signings. I'm going to stick my neck out and say we'll be ok.

Survival and a cup run of any sorts will do me
This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 00:21 - Aug 22 with 687 viewsCroydonCaptJack

This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 23:51 - Aug 21 by Trom

Yup hats off to Harry - he certainly can attract players that get you excited.

I'll forgive last years god awful football given where we were after relegation. The playoff win is one of those moments few and far between as an R. I was worried about being relegated at the start of the season.

Harry has removed most of the dead wood and the difference is now the team seems to have far more players that will put a shift in, quality and younger.

Last season was all about the lack of pace, especially when we lost Phillips but this team looks to have it in spades.

Very happy about the signings.Ship AT out now. Loved him but he's got no repectt for the club. I'd like to have the AC Milan player of last season but I don't see it happening.

Could see Remmy staying as he's sure to have noticed the influx of quality.

So positive. Hull showed how had this division can be. I think Hull are fairly tidy though and made good signings. I'm going to stick my neck out and say we'll be ok.

Survival and a cup run of any sorts will do me

+1
This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 02:31 - Aug 22 with 656 viewsDylanP

This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 22:45 - Aug 21 by CroydonCaptJack

Who said we were champions league contenders??
No one as far as I can see.

To be fair, kysersosaqpr does predict that we will end in 6/7 position, which does't make the Champions League, but would put us challenging for a spot.

I think that is absurdly optimistic myself. i would be happy with 17th. I would be delighted with 13th. I would be ecstatic with 10th.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 02:37 - Aug 22 with 655 viewsSydneyRs

While the comments may be similar to before I believe the reality is very different.

We have signed young players with experience at this level in Caulker, Mutch and Fer. We have signed one older player in Ferdinand who seems to have a great attitude and it seems was critical in getting Caulker to join. The two Chileans have been brought in with a playing system in mind and they are known for having a hard working, committed approach. We have brought in Hoddle on the coaching side. The wages are lower (Fer and Vargas combined probably cheaper than Cesar who has gone), the players younger and hungier and the management/team spirit better.

Two years ago we had too many players and a divide in the squad, now we have about the right amount. We had characters like Cisse, Boswinga, Taarabt who were disruptive. Ok AT is still around but he's on the fringes now and not much of an influence. The Hughes scattergun approach with seemingly no plan (sign Green then Cesar etc) or team shape in mind is a world away from now. Meticulous my arse.

After releasing the loans etc from last year we needed numbers and the players brought in are all great additions in my view. Go down and we can sell them, quite possibly at a profit. Stay up, which I am now sure we will, and our biggest problem will be holding onto them.

We have a system, team spirit, good coaching staff, a much younger squad with more prem experience and competition for places all through the team. What's not to like?

Wasn't long ago there was talk of getting Kevin Doyle back.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2014 5:09]
Login to get fewer ads

This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 04:16 - Aug 22 with 630 viewsKiwi76

Really positive recruitment this time round - couple of things to play out over next week or so with possible keeper from Reading and hoping no need for another forward ie/ we keep Remy - see he is linked with Spurs again today though.
We've bought some pace lacking last season and really hope our Chilean loanees live up to performances we saw in Brazil.
Just need to get some points on the board early and build some confidence that we can compete comfortably.
Really excited to see this squad develop over coming weeks.
This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 07:27 - Aug 22 with 562 viewsjonno

This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 04:16 - Aug 22 by Kiwi76

Really positive recruitment this time round - couple of things to play out over next week or so with possible keeper from Reading and hoping no need for another forward ie/ we keep Remy - see he is linked with Spurs again today though.
We've bought some pace lacking last season and really hope our Chilean loanees live up to performances we saw in Brazil.
Just need to get some points on the board early and build some confidence that we can compete comfortably.
Really excited to see this squad develop over coming weeks.

Agree. If we can just keep Remy (maybe do that deal to remove the release clause in his contract) and sign the Reading keeper we'll have a seriously decent squad. But we must sort out the Remy situation - we can't afford to have him move on the last day of the window leaving us short of a quality striker.
This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 12:34 - Aug 22 with 459 viewsPinnerPaul

This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 21:40 - Aug 21 by Northernr

That's my worry too!

We were all young and naive then and had forgotten how "insert your own word" the Premier League was!
This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 12:40 - Aug 22 with 451 viewssimmo

This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 02:31 - Aug 22 by DylanP

To be fair, kysersosaqpr does predict that we will end in 6/7 position, which does't make the Champions League, but would put us challenging for a spot.

I think that is absurdly optimistic myself. i would be happy with 17th. I would be delighted with 13th. I would be ecstatic with 10th.

It's a sad state of affairs supporting a team in a league that means we would all be 'ecstatic with 10th'.

I really dislike this league.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 13:02 - Aug 22 with 430 viewsadhoc_qpr

This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 07:27 - Aug 22 by jonno

Agree. If we can just keep Remy (maybe do that deal to remove the release clause in his contract) and sign the Reading keeper we'll have a seriously decent squad. But we must sort out the Remy situation - we can't afford to have him move on the last day of the window leaving us short of a quality striker.

Yup completely agree.

Lose Remy and we need a proper replacement with a track record of scoring in the prem, pretty challenging to find at the best of times (£12m Long etc)!

If we are left with just Austin (no prem track record), Vargas (no guarantee he'll settle or adapt) and Zamora (can't play 90 mins) we could be in trouble.

Even if we add another striker like Sigthorsson, it's still a big gamble.
This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 16:23 - Aug 22 with 369 viewsGetMeRangers

This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 21:28 - Aug 21 by Northernr

Like I said three weeks ago. Stop panicking.

didnt you also suggest that we might not get signings as tempting as these as we are the club of last resort (which we are) yet harry seems, along with rio (and Isla for vargas) to have attracted far bette signings that many had hoped for. Plenty of threads mentioning all the wrong sorts that were thought to be on their way here

When harry said in the interview that he no longer gets excited, I felt he was stating the bleeding obvious, yet he seems to have worked some very good deals for us. I am feeling very uneasy... this isnt the Rangers way... we are supposed to be the car crash club with too much money
This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 17:45 - Aug 22 with 334 viewskysersosaqpr

This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 02:31 - Aug 22 by DylanP

Hmmm, just looked at difference between 7th and 10th last season - about 20 points. Perhaps I am being a tad optimistic!

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 17:47 - Aug 22 with 334 viewskysersosaqpr

But better than being a down-in-the-dumps pessimist/realist. Dream while you can before reality comes along and bites yer ar.e!

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024