Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is shaping up to be a proper squad 19:56 - Aug 21 with 2848 viewsbosh67

Assuming Remy stays and we play 3-4-3 as we did in the last 3o mins v Hull.

Green
Onuoha Caulker Ferdinand
Isla Mutch Barton Fer
Vargas Austin Remy

That is a rapid and talented first 11.

Bench from Hoilett, Phillips, Faurlin, Traore, Young, Zamora, Simpson, Hill, Dunne, Henry, Ehmer, Murphy

No slouches there either.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2014 19:38]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 19:59 - Aug 21 with 2034 viewsHantsR

Agreed, looks a very strong squad indeed!

Bench looks like, er...a Band of Brothers?
This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 20:07 - Aug 21 with 1976 viewsbarbicanranger

Kudos to Arry for transitioning us from a team of has beens with one of the highest average ages in the league to a team of young hungry domestic and international players looking to prove themselves, all in the space of two seasons. Especially with some being on loan so no need for water-proof pants if we get relegated at the end of the season. Now let's hope it works out and that the squad get gain some confidence with some positive early results.
This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 20:12 - Aug 21 with 1945 viewsBrightonhoop

Looking really interesting isn't it? Sunday will be interesting. And Manure away cannot come soon enough.
This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 20:18 - Aug 21 with 1907 viewsballbag

Apologies, but didn't we say the same when we bought Mbia, Granero, Diakite, Fabio, Hoillett, Andros.....?

Please, click and be friends! I don't think I can take another season like that one.
This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 20:32 - Aug 21 with 1817 viewsolderR

With each new signing I don't know whether to feel more excited, apprehensive or just disappointed.
Each arrival means one of last years squad spending match day on the bench , I was looking forward to seeing how Phillips, Hoilett, Faurlin etc managed the prem.
It feels more like last time everyday.
It had better work out or the much vaunted team spirit may disappear pretty soon.
This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 20:47 - Aug 21 with 1733 viewsWatfordR

Interestingly, a graphic on LCI suggested a 3-5-2, with the squad as follows:

GK: Green,Murphy
RWB: Phillps, Isla, Simpson
LWB: Traore, Yun, SWP
CB: Ferdinand
RCB: Onuoha, Caulker
LCB: Dunne,Hill
RM: Mutch, Henry
LM: Faurlin, Hoilett
CM: Fer, Barton, Taarabt
Str: Remy, Austin, Vargas, Zamora

I'm sure there is room for some flexibility, with Vargas able to play up front, in the hole or wide. However, that's 24 players,with Taarabt unlikey to make the 25. So it looks like there may yet be another two incoming.
This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 21:06 - Aug 21 with 1659 viewskysersosaqpr

Brilliant - really hope we click soon and bed in a settled first team with good cover in each position, and ability to change formation to suit each game. Really convinced were not only staying up but near the 6/7 spot for Europe.
Fer fecks sake we may even go on a cup run!!!!

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 21:09 - Aug 21 with 1647 viewsrsonist

Looks good. On paper.
Login to get fewer ads

This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 21:10 - Aug 21 with 1641 viewsqueensparker

This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 20:18 - Aug 21 by ballbag

Apologies, but didn't we say the same when we bought Mbia, Granero, Diakite, Fabio, Hoillett, Andros.....?

Please, click and be friends! I don't think I can take another season like that one.

Agree with this, let's see how they do first! I can't take another 15 game "gelling" period where we get 4 points.

A long way to go yet and we've done nothing. If, for example, Barton gets dropped for a run of games that's going to be interesting
[Post edited 21 Aug 2014 21:16]
This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 21:20 - Aug 21 with 1595 viewsScubaHoop

This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 21:06 - Aug 21 by kysersosaqpr

Brilliant - really hope we click soon and bed in a settled first team with good cover in each position, and ability to change formation to suit each game. Really convinced were not only staying up but near the 6/7 spot for Europe.
Fer fecks sake we may even go on a cup run!!!!

A cup run would be mind blowing, after all we always do amazing when we get to Wembley!! But you're high if you think we're finishing 6 or 7, I would LOVE IT if I was wrong but right now I'd take one place off the drop. I think we will finish 14 or 15th, feeling safe almost the whole season, mathematically safe with two weeks to spare.
This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 21:28 - Aug 21 with 1550 viewsNorthernr

Like I said three weeks ago. Stop panicking.
This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 21:33 - Aug 21 with 1533 viewsHAYESBOY

Think HR will play Vargas behind Austin and Remy.

---------------------------GREEN-------------------------------
-------CAULKER---FERDINAND---ONOUHA-------------
ISLA----------------------------------------------TRAORE
------------------BARTON-----FER---------------------------
------------------------VARGAS------------------------------
-------------REMY----------------AUSTIN------------------

He may even drop Austin and play Vargas up with Remy and put Mutch in the tip of the 3 in midfield.
Probably play Dunne as well in front of Onouha.

Smells like a trout farm in here

This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 21:39 - Aug 21 with 1497 viewsclassof93

Is it me or are these positive and optimistic posts very similar to two years ago......
This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 21:40 - Aug 21 with 1491 viewsNorthernr

This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 21:39 - Aug 21 by classof93

Is it me or are these positive and optimistic posts very similar to two years ago......

That's my worry too!
This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 21:43 - Aug 21 with 1478 viewsRangersDave

Cant see Adel in that list ;-)

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 21:44 - Aug 21 with 1475 viewsjamois

This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 21:33 - Aug 21 by HAYESBOY

Think HR will play Vargas behind Austin and Remy.

---------------------------GREEN-------------------------------
-------CAULKER---FERDINAND---ONOUHA-------------
ISLA----------------------------------------------TRAORE
------------------BARTON-----FER---------------------------
------------------------VARGAS------------------------------
-------------REMY----------------AUSTIN------------------

He may even drop Austin and play Vargas up with Remy and put Mutch in the tip of the 3 in midfield.
Probably play Dunne as well in front of Onouha.

This is exactly what i was thinking until i realised i'd forgotten about Mutch. I know it's a squad game n all, but still, if I was him I'd be worried about when/where I'm going to play. I wonder if your graphic works with Mutch instead of a certain Joseph Barton HayesBoy?

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 21:59 - Aug 21 with 1414 viewsclassof93

This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 21:40 - Aug 21 by Northernr

That's my worry too!

To be fair I think it will be different this time and the caulker, ferdinand, mutch and fer signings are very good additions. But i bet you could copy and paste posts from two years back after granero signed and they would not look out of place on this thread
This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 22:10 - Aug 21 with 1377 viewsCHUBBS

The squad is far stronger with less ageing injury prone players to pick from.
The other thing,most important of all is that Mark Hughes is not in charge this time around.
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=
[Post edited 30 Aug 2014 17:26]
This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 22:13 - Aug 21 with 1364 viewsScubaHoop

This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 21:59 - Aug 21 by classof93

To be fair I think it will be different this time and the caulker, ferdinand, mutch and fer signings are very good additions. But i bet you could copy and paste posts from two years back after granero signed and they would not look out of place on this thread

We're one of ten teams who could well go down, but to compare the signings from Hughes regime to this one is just wrong. These are all (Rio aside) young players who have it all to prove. Mostly brilliant signings that if and when it all goes tits up won't bankrupt the club. Embrace the positivity, if you're correct and we get relegated you're not going to feel any better because you turned out to be right.
This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 22:21 - Aug 21 with 1321 viewsclassof93

This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 22:10 - Aug 21 by CHUBBS

The squad is far stronger with less ageing injury prone players to pick from.
The other thing,most important of all is that Mark Hughes is not in charge this time around.
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=
[Post edited 30 Aug 2014 17:26]

Agree with the exception of ferdinand....but still feels a bit similar. At least we have some strikers (provided remy stays) this time. Always thought that was a massive error of hughes starting a season with zamora, cisse and johnson.
This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 22:26 - Aug 21 with 1297 viewsclassof93

This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 22:13 - Aug 21 by ScubaHoop

We're one of ten teams who could well go down, but to compare the signings from Hughes regime to this one is just wrong. These are all (Rio aside) young players who have it all to prove. Mostly brilliant signings that if and when it all goes tits up won't bankrupt the club. Embrace the positivity, if you're correct and we get relegated you're not going to feel any better because you turned out to be right.

Where did i say we will get relegated? I was making the point that the majority of these posts are the same as two years ago. I dont think we will go down and agree that the age and profile is much better with these signings.......bet they are all on stupid wages again though!
This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 22:27 - Aug 21 with 1294 viewskysersosaqpr

Big differences from two years ago:
- younger, hungrier players
- team spirit and type of "characters" were as important as skill; said repeatedly by H and TF
- leaders, we have em all over the pitch
- Hoddle will bring far greater tactical flexibility
- expectations of fans far more reasonable (apart from me as I think we're gonna win a cup and get Europa league spot!!!)

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 22:36 - Aug 21 with 1246 viewskensalriser

So we've gone from chest-beating doom and gloom to Champions League contenders in the space of a month! That's why you have to take messageboards and everything written on them with a pinch of salt.

Personally I'd still be more than happy just to stay up and it would be a fine bonus if we didn't have to struggle all season long doing so.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 22:45 - Aug 21 with 1217 viewsCroydonCaptJack

This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 22:36 - Aug 21 by kensalriser

So we've gone from chest-beating doom and gloom to Champions League contenders in the space of a month! That's why you have to take messageboards and everything written on them with a pinch of salt.

Personally I'd still be more than happy just to stay up and it would be a fine bonus if we didn't have to struggle all season long doing so.

Who said we were champions league contenders??
No one as far as I can see.
This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 22:54 - Aug 21 with 1186 viewskensalriser

This is shaping up to be a proper squad on 22:45 - Aug 21 by CroydonCaptJack

Who said we were champions league contenders??
No one as far as I can see.

Sorry, but why should I be exempt from talking shit?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024