Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tim Sherwood's right fit 15:35 - Aug 22 with 2240 viewsAntti_Heinola

Apart from his bloody gilet, what *is* a good fit for Tim Sherwood? For someone who rates himself so highly, it seems strange that eh wouldn't back himself at Palace. I know they haven't got pots of cash, but I'd be surprised if he got a much better offer than from them. Is he holding out for a specific job, or does he think he'll probably take over from van Gaal in October?

Bare bones.

Tim Sherwood's right fit on 15:37 - Aug 22 with 1910 viewspaulparker

id say a Surgical Collar is a good fit for that Mouthy Plank

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Tim Sherwood's right fit on 15:39 - Aug 22 with 1881 viewsSpiritofGregory

Can't believe his arrogance, he was Spurs caretaker boss for a few months and now he thinks he is too good for the Palace job.
Tim Sherwood's right fit on 15:40 - Aug 22 with 1897 viewsTacticalR

I don't like the cut of his gilet.

Air hostess clique

Tim Sherwood's right fit on 15:50 - Aug 22 with 1852 viewsqpr85

There's a couple of reasons why he hasn't taken the job there.

One he was told they didn't want him because the mighty malky mckay was going to be appointed, then he wasn't so palace had to go back to him. Who wants to be second choice to anyone let alone MM?

Two he wants his own backroom staff and Parish wants the same staff so he isn't arrogance.

I was told by a palace fan they really wanted Tim. Good wiv yoof and during the short time he was spuds manager they earnt the most points any manager has during that short time so can't be that bad.
Tim Sherwood's right fit on 16:08 - Aug 22 with 1794 viewsNorthernr

It's a shame Tim Sherwood isn't as good as Tim Sherwood thinks he is or we'd have our England manager sorted for the next 20 years of total global domination.
Tim Sherwood's right fit on 16:17 - Aug 22 with 1775 viewsFDC

Having lived in the north of England for 15 years or so, I assumed this was a thread about how attractive Tim Sherwoord is.
Tim Sherwood's right fit on 16:19 - Aug 22 with 1767 viewsGloucs_R

Fulham would be a good fit

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Tim Sherwood's right fit on 16:19 - Aug 22 with 1765 viewspaulparker

Tim Sherwood's right fit on 16:08 - Aug 22 by Northernr

It's a shame Tim Sherwood isn't as good as Tim Sherwood thinks he is or we'd have our England manager sorted for the next 20 years of total global domination.

This , if him or Pardew ever rocked up at Rangers that would be me done

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Tim Sherwood's right fit on 16:26 - Aug 22 with 1752 viewsMaggsinho

Tony Pulis is currently the fourth favourite to replace Tony Pulis.
Tim Sherwood's right fit on 16:27 - Aug 22 with 1748 viewsadhoc_qpr

Probably feeling slighted that Malky was blatantly their first choice plus Palace looks like a tough job now.

I reckon the West Ham, WBA, Swansea and Villa jobs could well be up for grabs if they are mired at the bottom come November/December.
Tim Sherwood's right fit on 17:08 - Aug 22 with 1693 viewsAntti_Heinola

Who cares if you're second choice? What's that got to do with it? Only shows how arrogant and proud he is.

Bare bones.

Tim Sherwood's right fit on 17:16 - Aug 22 with 1673 viewsNorthernr

Mackay has things on his CV, good jobs done in testing circumstances, promotions won.

Tim Sherwood took over a Tottenham team that beat everybody else in the league but got completely hammered when it played any of the big boys, continued to beat everybody else in the league and get completely hammered when it played any of the big boys under his charge, and came across as a bit of a gob shte.

He shouldn't really be first choice for anybody above League One level.
Tim Sherwood's right fit on 17:33 - Aug 22 with 1627 viewseastside_r

A fruit and veg stall down the market?
Tim Sherwood's right fit on 19:53 - Aug 22 with 1567 viewsTGRRRSSS

TBF many would have said that about Warnock.
As for Sherwood he got his first shot as any managerial role at 45, and didnt in all honesty do the worst job given the transition and mess he inherited, however many managers have done a good 5 years somewhere or other or 2-3 places by that stage.
As for Pardew he's mixed up to a point but on balance his managerial roles havent gone too badly.
Tim Sherwood's right fit on 20:38 - Aug 22 with 1518 viewsonlyrinmoray

I think hes going to be a bit like Neil Warnock nobody likes him except the supporters of the club hes at

I think he will get a job possibly higher Championship or lower premier and make a success of it Nothing wrong with a bit of confidence and speaking your mind. Harrys done alright with that over the years

BTW I was one of the supporters that welcomed Neil Warnock to Rangers just what we needed at the time.
Tim Sherwood's right fit on 09:30 - Aug 23 with 1344 viewsjamois

Tim Sherwood's right fit on 17:16 - Aug 22 by Northernr

Mackay has things on his CV, good jobs done in testing circumstances, promotions won.

Tim Sherwood took over a Tottenham team that beat everybody else in the league but got completely hammered when it played any of the big boys, continued to beat everybody else in the league and get completely hammered when it played any of the big boys under his charge, and came across as a bit of a gob shte.

He shouldn't really be first choice for anybody above League One level.

Shouldn't that first line read "good jobs done in texting circumstances...."?

Anyway, I wouldn't let my ego get in the way of only being 2nd choice for a job. Big fricking deal. Well paid work as a prem league manager, well above the station he's earned, and it's not good enough for him. I hope he disappears into the Setanta sports footballing wilderness.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Tim Sherwood's right fit on 11:28 - Aug 23 with 1292 viewsClive_Anderson

Good managers need to be arrogant. Ferguson and Clough for example.

I think he might end up being a half decent manager actually.
Tim Sherwood's right fit on 15:16 - Aug 23 with 1229 viewsSpiritofGregory

Tim Sherwood's right fit on 16:27 - Aug 22 by adhoc_qpr

Probably feeling slighted that Malky was blatantly their first choice plus Palace looks like a tough job now.

I reckon the West Ham, WBA, Swansea and Villa jobs could well be up for grabs if they are mired at the bottom come November/December.

Probably heard the reason for Malky not getting the job and knew that Malky would be treated worse than a rapist which would give him a better chance of acquiring another premier league job.
Tim Sherwood's right fit on 17:05 - Aug 23 with 1203 viewsAntti_Heinola

Tim Sherwood's right fit on 15:16 - Aug 23 by SpiritofGregory

Probably heard the reason for Malky not getting the job and knew that Malky would be treated worse than a rapist which would give him a better chance of acquiring another premier league job.

eh?

Bare bones.

Tim Sherwood's right fit on 15:47 - Aug 25 with 1125 viewsSpiritofGregory

Tim Sherwood's right fit on 17:05 - Aug 23 by Antti_Heinola

eh?

He wouldn't have competition from Malky if something better comes along because he knows that getting caught sending a racist text message can end your career.
Tim Sherwood's right fit on 18:29 - Aug 25 with 1067 viewsNov77

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/qpr-manager-harry-redknapp-already-4

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Tim Sherwood's right fit on 19:29 - Aug 25 with 1031 viewsbosh67

For me I like Harry, he has bought good players pre season but I was concerned that he was tactically past it last season and although we were unlucky to lose to Hull I think imposing 3-5-2 on a team that has defended really well with a flat back 4 is possibly asking for trouble at this level.

Only two games in so really not going to panic. We are a long way from Hughes' four points from 12 games!

Re Tim Sherwood, he seems to get a universal slagging off from everyone on the terraces. If I am truthful, I really don't care what a manager is like if they know what they are doing in the job, possibly bar Mackay, who needs help! This was Sherwood's record at Spurs

P W D L WR%
28 14 4 10 50.00

Call me old fashioned but that is impressive for a 1st time manager taking on a Premiership team. Yeah he knew the club back to front, yeah he got treated like sh*t by Levy for doing a good job. Does he need to beat the 'big boys' at this level if he manages a team outside the top 6? No, he just needs to beat enough others to keep a team up and then move forward.

It will be interesting to see if Harry can shape us up or if Hoddle really is a great coach after all and wants to step up. Sherwood will do a good job wherever he goes IMHO.

But... still think the right thing from a business POV eventually would be to look at Roberto Di Matteo. His win rate is almost unparalleled and I keep on thinking, over and over again, with a chief like TF, why aren't you looking at Matteo longterm. Knows how to get promoted, knows the premiership, Champions League management winner. All the CV parts you need to be successful longterm at QPR.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2014 19:31]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Tim Sherwood's right fit on 19:30 - Aug 25 with 1029 viewsdanehoop

Tim Sherwood's right fit on 18:29 - Aug 25 by Nov77

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/qpr-manager-harry-redknapp-already-4

Red the Mirror just now and saw that. Felt ill just reading it. Sherwood's agent is sure doing a lot of work touting his man around.

Never knowingly understood

Tim Sherwood's right fit on 19:39 - Aug 25 with 1006 viewsNorthernr

Tim Sherwood's right fit on 19:30 - Aug 25 by danehoop

Red the Mirror just now and saw that. Felt ill just reading it. Sherwood's agent is sure doing a lot of work touting his man around.

Well Jesus I hope we make sure he knows he's first choice, don't interview anybody else and appoint him almost immediately after getting rid of Redknapp or we might miss out on this supreme managerial talent.
Tim Sherwood's right fit on 19:48 - Aug 25 with 996 viewsbosh67

Tim Sherwood's right fit on 19:39 - Aug 25 by Northernr

Well Jesus I hope we make sure he knows he's first choice, don't interview anybody else and appoint him almost immediately after getting rid of Redknapp or we might miss out on this supreme managerial talent.

They call me Wan*er
They call me toss*er
A mouthy f*cker, it's all the same
That's not my name
That's not my name
That's not my name
That's not my ... name
Are you calling me gaffer?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024