Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bookies' odds disturbing 16:02 - Aug 22 with 3281 viewsbarabajagal

Excitement for season tempered somewhat because I've just checked out some odds.

QPR to win at Tottenham 6/1
QPR to be relegated. Second favourites at 7/4 (joint with Palace)
QPR to finish bottom. 5/1 (bookies think we have more chance finishing bottom that beating Tottenham)

The bookies think we have a difficult and ultimately disappointing season ahead, despite new signings.

With this in mind, I am more than happy to finish 17th.
Bookies' odds disturbing on 16:06 - Aug 22 with 3252 viewsJAPRANGERS

certainly going to be a relegation battle but ultimately 16th je pense.
Bookies' odds disturbing on 16:06 - Aug 22 with 3243 viewsToast_R

Based on the facts QPR were awful in their last Premier League campaign and they are a newly promoted team who came up via the Playoffs. No big surprise really.
Bookies' odds disturbing on 16:25 - Aug 22 with 3187 viewsrunningman75

Despite our loss against Hull I am feeling optimistic ( maybe 15th). I think we have a squad of players who want to play for the shirt unlike last time when we had players such as Boswinga and walking red cards such as Diakate. I am heartened by new signings and the return from injury of Faurlin.
Bookies' odds disturbing on 16:32 - Aug 22 with 3147 viewseghamranger

In Harry we trust.

I'm really pleased with our ins and outs this season.

Of course we won't be top 10, but us, Burnley and Leicester will be there along with Palace, west brom. West ham and Villa.

I missed last Saturdays match, first home match for years, but on highlights and other people on here I'm quietly confident at the mo!!
Bookies' odds disturbing on 16:37 - Aug 22 with 3122 viewsPinnerPaul

The trick is not to take these odds in isolation, its about making a "book" that is going to make a profit.

Another way of looking at it, to cheer you up.

We are odds on to AVOID releagtion and odds against to go down, sooooooo we have more chance of staying up than going down - feel better now?
Bookies' odds disturbing on 16:45 - Aug 22 with 3080 viewsbarabajagal

Bookies' odds disturbing on 16:25 - Aug 22 by runningman75

Despite our loss against Hull I am feeling optimistic ( maybe 15th). I think we have a squad of players who want to play for the shirt unlike last time when we had players such as Boswinga and walking red cards such as Diakate. I am heartened by new signings and the return from injury of Faurlin.

I wonder if instead of getting zero points with pitiful and spineless performances, we'll get zero points with gutsy, determined but ultimately below standard fare. Based on decades of support, I foresee costly errors at key moments. Please let me, and the bookies, be totally wrong, starting with an easy 3-1 victory on Sunday (odds at 50-1).
Bookies' odds disturbing on 16:51 - Aug 22 with 3047 viewsbarabajagal

Bookies' odds disturbing on 16:37 - Aug 22 by PinnerPaul

The trick is not to take these odds in isolation, its about making a "book" that is going to make a profit.

We are odds on to AVOID releagtion and odds against to go down, sooooooo we have more chance of staying up than going down - feel better now?

Slightly, thanks.

Given that I predicted we wouldn't hold on to a playoff spot, wouldn't make the final, wouldn't beat Derby in a million years, I wouldn't read a word I type.

(Would do smiling rolling face but don't know how to)

Nik
Bookies' odds disturbing on 17:00 - Aug 22 with 3012 viewsadhoc_qpr

Impossible to even guess until the Remy question is answered.

I just hope we get a win in the next 3 games (Sunderland home the best bet) otherwise the press will start comparing to the last prem season under Hughes and the pressure will build...
Login to get fewer ads

Bookies' odds disturbing on 17:33 - Aug 22 with 2918 viewsQPRDEL

last season Burnley were pre season favs to be relegated and ended up 2nd, so they dont always get it right.
Bookies' odds disturbing on 17:36 - Aug 22 with 2906 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Bookies' odds disturbing on 16:51 - Aug 22 by barabajagal

Slightly, thanks.

Given that I predicted we wouldn't hold on to a playoff spot, wouldn't make the final, wouldn't beat Derby in a million years, I wouldn't read a word I type.

(Would do smiling rolling face but don't know how to)

Nik

Bookies' odds disturbing on 17:48 - Aug 22 with 2879 viewsVancouverHoop

A lot depends on how we (players, coaches, fans) handle losing. Because we will lose a lot of matches. If confidence and self-belief are strong in spite of that, then we'll probably survive. We were relegated last time with – on-paper – a better squad than we have now, but they never became a proper team. Everyone with a stake in the club has to make sure that doesn't happen this time.
Bookies' odds disturbing on 17:51 - Aug 22 with 2872 viewskysersosaqpr

Bookies' odds disturbing on 16:37 - Aug 22 by PinnerPaul

+1
These odds reflect where money is going and trying to balance books.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Bookies' odds disturbing on 19:18 - Aug 22 with 2726 viewsHollowayRanger

odds will change

IF remy stays

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Bookies' odds disturbing on 19:22 - Aug 22 with 2711 viewskysersosaqpr

Bookies' odds disturbing on 19:18 - Aug 22 by HollowayRanger

odds will change

IF remy stays

Odds will change as soon as too much money is put on em

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Bookies' odds disturbing on 19:29 - Aug 22 with 2693 viewsstansleftfoot

Steve Bruce said after the Hull game that he was grateful to get his first win to set against his target of winning a game a month. The short premiership season makes it easy to get behind a hoped for points total.
These odds are making book, however they do reflect the reality of our ability to win games....the first win and draw will alter the odds....check out the fixture list, Steve Bruces target is not beyond QPR, which presumably is 37 and upwards points, ten wins and seven draws....how wrong are the bookies at this stage in the season?
Bookies' odds disturbing on 19:36 - Aug 22 with 2674 viewsTGRRRSSS

5/1 isnt all that generous really, but a way to tempt people into parting with cash that hopefully they wont be getting back.

100/1 for Blackpool to win Championship anyone? (thats right innit?)
Bookies' odds disturbing on 19:43 - Aug 22 with 2660 viewsbarabajagal

Bookies' odds disturbing on 19:29 - Aug 22 by stansleftfoot

Steve Bruce said after the Hull game that he was grateful to get his first win to set against his target of winning a game a month. The short premiership season makes it easy to get behind a hoped for points total.
These odds are making book, however they do reflect the reality of our ability to win games....the first win and draw will alter the odds....check out the fixture list, Steve Bruces target is not beyond QPR, which presumably is 37 and upwards points, ten wins and seven draws....how wrong are the bookies at this stage in the season?

I've never really completely understood odds. I think that is why I lose at online poker, even on the $1 tables...

as a very infrequent gambler, I wonder if someone can tell me, at 6-1 on a two horse race, isn't that worth backing? (or is it a three horse race to include the draw?)

Nik
Bookies' odds disturbing on 20:24 - Aug 22 with 2613 viewskysersosaqpr

Bookies' odds disturbing on 19:43 - Aug 22 by barabajagal

I've never really completely understood odds. I think that is why I lose at online poker, even on the $1 tables...

as a very infrequent gambler, I wonder if someone can tell me, at 6-1 on a two horse race, isn't that worth backing? (or is it a three horse race to include the draw?)

Nik

Don't get sucked into the mugs game that only the bookies ever win.
Keep your money for something useful like the misses new bag, or the kids new sho..... Actually feck it stick a fiver on for me too!

Bookies' odds disturbing on 20:36 - Aug 22 with 2582 viewsbarabajagal

Bookies' odds disturbing on 20:24 - Aug 22 by kysersosaqpr

Don't get sucked into the mugs game that only the bookies ever win.
Keep your money for something useful like the misses new bag, or the kids new sho..... Actually feck it stick a fiver on for me too!

Reminds me of when my brother and I convinced a R's fan near his eighties not to put on £5 for the R's to beat Chelsea at 8-1. Thanks SWP! (he took it well, we bought him a pint! - the bloke not SWP)
Bookies' odds disturbing on 00:43 - Aug 23 with 2403 viewskensalriser

6-1 for us to win at Spurs is stingy considering we haven't done so for a gazillion years.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Bookies' odds disturbing on 01:39 - Aug 23 with 2386 viewsWindsorHoopMan

I've got us at 16-1 wíth a 44 point head-start to win the league . What you think?
Bookies' odds disturbing on 12:58 - Aug 23 with 2198 viewswood_hoop

Bookies' odds disturbing on 00:43 - Aug 23 by kensalriser

6-1 for us to win at Spurs is stingy considering we haven't done so for a gazillion years.

Do seem short and cannot see there being big bets on us to win, small wagers from QPR fans punting with their heart rather than their head is about all.

Going to stick my neck out and have a small bet on a draw, 100/30 with my bookie, think HR is going to park the bus and Spuds maybe not in full stride just yet.

Also tempted by the 11/1 for a 0-0 scoreline, average around 7/1 for most games so a bit of value there in comparison to the outright win odds.
Bookies' odds disturbing on 18:26 - Aug 23 with 2129 viewsbarabajagal

Bookies' odds disturbing on 12:58 - Aug 23 by wood_hoop

Do seem short and cannot see there being big bets on us to win, small wagers from QPR fans punting with their heart rather than their head is about all.

Going to stick my neck out and have a small bet on a draw, 100/30 with my bookie, think HR is going to park the bus and Spuds maybe not in full stride just yet.

Also tempted by the 11/1 for a 0-0 scoreline, average around 7/1 for most games so a bit of value there in comparison to the outright win odds.

It's difficult to second guess the manager, I was hoping for an attacking display, especially with some class at our disposal... We'll see.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024