Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Old R 01:56 - Aug 23 with 761 viewsrrrspricey

50th birthday today, fcuk me is that scarey, but on the bright side I can't believe I've made it this far...what with the stress of being an Rrrs fan and a motorbike speed freak!

Praise the lord!
Old R on 08:03 - Aug 23 with 711 viewsMrSheen

Into my third month and nothing terrible has happened yet. You should get a discount on your bike insurance too, now you are officially a cautious driver.
Old R on 08:11 - Aug 23 with 704 viewsJAPRANGERS

50 huh?? Better check to see if the willy still works........................
Old R on 08:14 - Aug 23 with 699 viewsloftboy

Have a goodun, got 3 years to mine yet!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Old R on 08:14 - Aug 23 with 699 viewslondonscottish

It's not all bad - my car insurance renewal came in the other day. Despite a big claim last year which i thought would really hurt this year it's way cheaper.

What did scare me was the realisation when reading the OAP thread the other day is that I'm only 10 years off a senior concession. Gulp.

Feck. Time to shake a leg at Norman Jay and pretend I'm 20 years younger....

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Old R on 08:24 - Aug 23 with 697 viewsDWQPR

20 months away from the big day. Have been told that 50 is the new 40, therefore I am now officially 38!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Old R on 08:37 - Aug 23 with 684 viewsHantsR

Have a great day! It's not that scary you know, I had a great party on mine.

Er, that was quite some time ago
Old R on 09:20 - Aug 23 with 645 viewseghamranger

Happy Birthday mate.

Shame we aren't at home today, you would have had your name on the scoreboard

4 years to go for me
Old R on 09:22 - Aug 23 with 643 viewsjamois

Happy birthday

I'm not far behind you and still riding the crap out of sportsbikes. Just crashed on track about 3 weeks ago. Quite enjoyed it - felt very alive!!

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Login to get fewer ads

Old R on 09:26 - Aug 23 with 643 viewsjohann28

Happy birthday sir! Welcome to the 50 and over club. Its quite awesome and can be used to one's advantage. Some tips:

1. Get out of doing things you don't want to do by saying "I'm too old for that." When a little sprout of, say, age 40 or under asks you to volunteer your nap time for some worthy cause such as helping them move house or whatever, just say "I don't do that anymore. I'm too old."

2. Start cultivating your quirkiness. After age 50, "He should probably be on medication" becomes "Isn't he wonderfully unique?"Use this to your full advantage and really let your creativity flow, although sticking to the tamer side of weird is probably wise.

3. Use your invisibility cloak. On the down side, you begin to realize you're becoming "invisible" to the opposite sex, but the positive flip side of this is you can saunter into the supermarket looking like death is upon you and confidently know no one will notice. Use this to your advantage.

4. Recreate yourself. You probably finally have an idea of what you want to be when you grow up, how you want to spend your days, what your favourite things are etc. I had a huge career change at age 45 and realized I should have been doing this all along. Basically do anything you want to cos you've earned the right.

5. Become a fountain of wisdom. Younger people just assume since you've lived this long and avoided living in a box under a railway bridge you must have some valuable insights for them. This is a perfect time to spout the sage advice your parents may have given you even though you totally ignored it. Don't admit to actually doing any of the things you're advising against of course.

6. Be confident in your opinions (also called "being set in your ways.") At this point in life, it's far too exhausting to change your position on anything as it requires a disproportionate exertion of energy. If people are talking shit, just say: 'irrelevant'.

7. Buy random and useless stuff. Since you already have all the necessities, house, car, etc having been purchased after years of busting your gut, you are now entitled to roam Amazon to look for new and exciting things you can't believe you ever lived without.

8. Give your mind time to ponder the more important questions of life. You don't have to become a Buddhist, though.
Old R on 09:30 - Aug 23 with 635 viewsDiscodroid

50 !...youre in good company my good man, keanu reeves, matt dillon and nicholas cage all 50 this year.

as is flipper the dolphin as well.

could be a lot worse..have a good day guvnr.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Old R on 09:33 - Aug 23 with 630 viewsKiwi76

I'm with Loftboy & 3yrs to go - enjoy your day and then reassure us youngsters that it's all going to be OK!
Old R on 09:38 - Aug 23 with 627 viewsJuzzie

Happy five-oh!

Keep on biking
Old R on 09:40 - Aug 23 with 624 viewspeejaybee

At 50 plus when you fall on the floor, Think to yourself is there anything I can do while I am down here.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Old R on 09:45 - Aug 23 with 617 viewsPommyhoop

Have a goodun mate. I'm only about 6 or so months away. Gonna be a wierd one for me. I lost my Dad when he was 50..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Old R on 09:52 - Aug 23 with 604 viewsBlackCrowe

Happy birthday mate. I'm the same in 10 days time - groan.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Old R on 09:55 - Aug 23 with 602 viewsrrrspricey

Thanks for the tips all, just need to try and remember them now!

Jamois, my 50th present to myself is 3 days blasting around Almeria track on an R1! Hope I don't emulate you, had more than my share of accidents over the year ta.
Old R on 10:00 - Aug 23 with 593 viewsheadhoops

50+3 so I too can hand down some words of wisdom for you young whippersnappers - when anyone questions you just say - actually I'm 50 and I don't give a sh1t.
Enjoy your birthday.

Heres another fact - for every 100 girls born today in Japan at least 20 will leave past 100. 12 will be 110+ and around 6 will live to be more than 120. So 50 isnt even middle aged.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Old R on 10:09 - Aug 23 with 581 viewscyprusmel

Happy Birthday, hope it's a good one, mine in 6 days time but 50 is a long way in the past for me.
Old R on 10:17 - Aug 23 with 576 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I joined this not so exclusive club earlier this year as well. Francis, Bowled etc have clearly got a lot to answer for!
Old R on 10:35 - Aug 23 with 560 viewsjamois

Old R on 09:55 - Aug 23 by rrrspricey

Thanks for the tips all, just need to try and remember them now!

Jamois, my 50th present to myself is 3 days blasting around Almeria track on an R1! Hope I don't emulate you, had more than my share of accidents over the year ta.

Fantastic mate. Great gift to thy self.

Just looked it up: "Almeria race circuit has a 4.3km track which was designed with MotoGP and F1 testing in mind. This is a technical circuit with 14 corners some of which have double and even triple apexes. A long 900m back straight gives you a chance to stretch your machines legs and is located in the driest part of Spain, up in the hills, making a fantastic back drop for your photographs."

You'll have a bleedin marvellous time methinks. And if you do crash, what a way to go!

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Old R on 10:42 - Aug 23 with 554 viewsted_hendrix

50 is nothing, 60+ is where its at.

Happy birthday RP

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Old R on 10:50 - Aug 23 with 547 viewsPommyhoop

Old R on 10:42 - Aug 23 by ted_hendrix

50 is nothing, 60+ is where its at.

Happy birthday RP

I feel redeemed.
I was getting a bit guilty to be still swearing and making grammamatical errors at nearly 50
60 plus Ted. F@cking get in !!!

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Old R on 11:13 - Aug 23 with 537 viewsSnipper

Old R on 09:33 - Aug 23 by Kiwi76

I'm with Loftboy & 3yrs to go - enjoy your day and then reassure us youngsters that it's all going to be OK!

I'm with you two, 3 years to go. This board seems to be choccablock with the more mature members. I don't feel quite so old now 😄😄.

Happy 50th Dave. Have a think about getting stabilizers for that bike though. Lol
Old R on 11:27 - Aug 23 with 526 viewsLoft1979

Old R on 08:24 - Aug 23 by DWQPR

20 months away from the big day. Have been told that 50 is the new 40, therefore I am now officially 38!

Whew.....
Less than 30 days...
[Post edited 23 Aug 2014 11:30]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024