Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can we afford a centre forward who can only play 20 minutes 21:53 - Aug 27 with 1267 viewsbaz_qpr

Not sure we can, I'd happily trade Zamora in for Peter Crouch as a player who can do the same job, cares about the club and can do 90 minutes
Can we afford a centre forward who can only play 20 minutes on 21:58 - Aug 27 with 1230 viewsRangersAreBack

This is why strong leaders make tough decisions devoid of emotion. Yes he scored that goal but he didn't deserve a new contract.
Can we afford a centre forward who can only play 20 minutes on 22:30 - Aug 27 with 1157 viewsStanisgod

Agreed. Im off to work tomorrow to see if my boss will pay me the same money for a quarter of the hours I do now

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Can we afford a centre forward who can only play 20 minutes on 22:37 - Aug 27 with 1129 viewsloftboy

Crouch scored tonight, probably in a minority but I reckon he could still do the business.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Can we afford a centre forward who can only play 20 minutes on 23:05 - Aug 27 with 1074 viewsMatch82

As a 4th or 5th striker? Yes, we can. And in fact that's exactly what I want.

As a 3rd striker? No.
Can we afford a centre forward who can only play 20 minutes on 23:24 - Aug 27 with 1040 viewsHollowayRanger

SORRY we need a strong powerful striker whos fast and can put himself about (young and raw if that's all we can afford

but someone that will scare defenders

crouch is ok only with quality crosses coming in

when have we ever done quality crosses!!!!!! Wilson bardsley era apart

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Can we afford a centre forward who can only play 20 minutes on 08:56 - Aug 28 with 937 viewsderbyhoop

Allegedly, BZ is now on £15k per week (down from 50). It's silly money for someone who can only play 20 mins per week. But that's modern football.

please tell me why Crouch, a fringe player at Stoke, would be a good buy for us.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Can we afford a centre forward who can only play 20 minutes on 09:09 - Aug 28 with 927 viewsLoft1979

Can we afford a centre forward who can only play 20 minutes on 08:56 - Aug 28 by derbyhoop

Allegedly, BZ is now on £15k per week (down from 50). It's silly money for someone who can only play 20 mins per week. But that's modern football.

please tell me why Crouch, a fringe player at Stoke, would be a good buy for us.

Why is BZ here? Because we are short on strikers, he has rapport with present team and CAN perform in a designated role. We have 2 other strikers...Charles is injured, Remy is not a center forward.
Can we afford a centre forward who can only play 20 minutes on 09:13 - Aug 28 with 915 viewshoof_hearted

He was as good as Remy on Sunday. So far he's earned his wages more than most of the squad.
Login to get fewer ads

Can we afford a centre forward who can only play 20 minutes on 09:46 - Aug 28 with 892 viewsSomersetHoops

Zamora has no value in the transfer market, and neither would Crouch after a season at QPR. I assume Zamora is on a fairly high wage, so if he left it probably would be on a free with us paying at least part of what he gets. That would be pretty pointless when if he knows he has only got to last a short time on the pitch he can make a difference.

Its clear Zamora will never have the fitness to perform at his best at this level for more than half an hour and if he knows he will be subbed after that or comes on for that last period then he seems to be able to show what he used to be. That could be valuable to QPR as was proven in the play-offs and that is why he is still here.

Crouch will cost us more in fees and wages and at his age can be injury prone, hasn't got pace and would only work in the right set-up of flicking balls on to a fast sharp striker from midfield feeds. None of this would seem to work at QPR as once Remy goes we won't have either elements for him to work with.

Who's Next?

Can we afford a centre forward who can only play 20 minutes on 10:48 - Aug 28 with 858 viewsTacticalR

30 minutes, surely?

Air hostess clique

Can we afford a centre forward who can only play 20 minutes on 13:30 - Aug 28 with 814 viewsbaz_qpr

We dont have £12m plus wagesto spend on an unproven Troy Deeney as 3rd or 4th choice striker, but £1m +wages for Crouchie who can hold the ball up still knows where the net is and is the "right sort" IMHO would be a lot better than Bobby Z who can only manage 20 mins.

Can't play 3-5-2 if you can't hold the ball and give the wing backs time to move forward
Can we afford a centre forward who can only play 20 minutes on 14:11 - Aug 28 with 793 viewsrunningman75

Sometimes it is about gambling on a lower league striker. Dwight Gayle scored a hat trick for Palace the other night. The current regime would not have signed Sir Les from Hayes!
Can we afford a centre forward who can only play 20 minutes on 14:27 - Aug 28 with 781 viewsTonto

have you all forgotten the Chilean we bought in last week? Zamora is now the 4th striker once the international clearance comes through...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Can we afford a centre forward who can only play 20 minutes on 14:35 - Aug 28 with 764 viewsrobith

Can we afford a centre forward who can only play 20 minutes on 23:24 - Aug 27 by HollowayRanger

SORRY we need a strong powerful striker whos fast and can put himself about (young and raw if that's all we can afford

but someone that will scare defenders

crouch is ok only with quality crosses coming in

when have we ever done quality crosses!!!!!! Wilson bardsley era apart

despite his height, Crouch has never been amazing in the air, he's much better with his ball played to his feet
Can we afford a centre forward who can only play 20 minutes on 17:54 - Aug 28 with 725 viewsqueensparker

Can we afford a centre forward who can only play 20 minutes on 14:27 - Aug 28 by Tonto

have you all forgotten the Chilean we bought in last week? Zamora is now the 4th striker once the international clearance comes through...

It's still nailed on that Remy will leave IMO. The last week won't have helped our slim pitch to make him stay either
Can we afford a centre forward who can only play 20 minutes on 18:10 - Aug 28 with 715 viewsLoft1979

Can we afford a centre forward who can only play 20 minutes on 14:11 - Aug 28 by runningman75

Sometimes it is about gambling on a lower league striker. Dwight Gayle scored a hat trick for Palace the other night. The current regime would not have signed Sir Les from Hayes!

It's important to keep this thought close to the surface.
Last year gayle was touted highly here, but he wanted to go to the prem. We Need a like player to have on our radar.

Britt asombalonga
Conor Wickham
Andy Delort
Even Stevie May
All discussed here at some point
Can we afford a centre forward who can only play 20 minutes on 18:44 - Aug 28 with 680 viewsfrancisbowles

Can we afford a centre forward who can only play 20 minutes on 17:54 - Aug 28 by queensparker

It's still nailed on that Remy will leave IMO. The last week won't have helped our slim pitch to make him stay either

But will someone (or their insurers) take a risk on a player who has failed more than one medical?
Can we afford a centre forward who can only play 20 minutes on 18:45 - Aug 28 with 676 viewsfrancisbowles

Can we afford a centre forward who can only play 20 minutes on 23:05 - Aug 27 by Match82

As a 4th or 5th striker? Yes, we can. And in fact that's exactly what I want.

As a 3rd striker? No.

Agreed.
Can we afford a centre forward who can only play 20 minutes on 18:46 - Aug 28 with 674 viewsfrancisbowles

Can we afford a centre forward who can only play 20 minutes on 13:30 - Aug 28 by baz_qpr

We dont have £12m plus wagesto spend on an unproven Troy Deeney as 3rd or 4th choice striker, but £1m +wages for Crouchie who can hold the ball up still knows where the net is and is the "right sort" IMHO would be a lot better than Bobby Z who can only manage 20 mins.

Can't play 3-5-2 if you can't hold the ball and give the wing backs time to move forward

Very good point, as illustrated at Spurs.
Can we afford a centre forward who can only play 20 minutes on 11:38 - Aug 29 with 590 viewsthemodfather

wets ham wouldn't pay £2m for crouch...maybe we can try a cheeky £1.5m deal?
crouch will score and does score at this level. if anyone thought you could steal lambert for £4m, many would have said go for him...the window closes, the money we've spunked up the wall...£2m on crouch seems nothing.
Can we afford a centre forward who can only play 20 minutes on 12:11 - Aug 29 with 572 viewsHantsR

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/29/chelsea-to-open-talks-with-qpr-over-loic-remy-tran
Can we afford a centre forward who can only play 20 minutes on 12:19 - Aug 29 with 564 viewsLoft1979

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/08/29/5068040/-?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024