Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bang disrespectful from Redknapp 06:14 - Aug 28 with 5068 viewsQPR_ARG

Just read this posted by QPR's official account on Twitter:

QPR FC @QPRFC
Redknapp: "I gave players a chance tonight to show me what they could do - but they showed me what they couldn't do." #BURvQPR

And I think that quote is incredibly disrespectful. However bad the performance the players put out there, I think blaming all on them (although typical of Harry) is incredibly wrong and lacking on any ethics or "codes".

What were they supposed to do when they were sent out there without a striker in that formation and with players who hardly played together as a unit or were clearly not match-fit.

Isn't there at least a tiny bit of responsibility on the man who is supposed to select them, buy them, train them, pick them, motivate them and guide them?

We all know the trick. And it's been happening for a long time now. Throw away the late August cup tie, publicly say your players are rubbish then ask for more money to buy new ones that are going to have to do a lot to change the normal course of things, which will mean that they'll fail to deliver and play as a team.

And once again, it'll be the players' fault.

Tell me why the same players that were struggling at Atletico, then won 5 different trophies once a proper manager (like Diego Simeone) took over in 2011.

What can we say about last Sunday, then?

Did Harry give those players a chance?

Did they perform?

Were they completely beaten in every aspect of the game by a team that was better trained and more prepared?

How many chances is he going to keep throwing away, then?

I'm embarrassed by that quote.
Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 13:53 - Aug 28 with 1171 viewsessextaxiboy

Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 13:41 - Aug 28 by derbyhoop

"Adel's a fantastic talent".

I can't make up my mind whether that is Harry trying to drum up interest so that he can sell him by Monday evening OR he means it.

If the latter, wouldn't he be far more of a talent if he was a stone lighter?
For all the nice touches we've come to expect, how often did he really get away from the man he'd just beaten; or pick a killer pass; or an accurate shot.

If he was lighter and match fit he would have won that game on his own . He can dominate lower league teams , we have seen it time and again . He could have put real pressure on Redknapp.

It is so unproffessional to turn up to pre season so overweight and unfit and after 6 weeks not be ready . He cant be eating right or training properly .

Who is going to take him like that ? ...
Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 14:04 - Aug 28 with 1154 viewsessextaxiboy

Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 10:31 - Aug 28 by Pommyhoop

Thats part of his 'brand' Antti , his 'image'
I'm sure some of his fans actually find that little quirk endearing..

I am a Queens Park Rangers fan not Harry Redknapp . I just happen to think he is taking us in the right direction(with bumps along the way as Amit would say ) and is our best bet to stay in the division .

He doesnt like to accept blame and that can be annoying , but in the case of last night , if you ask senior players to step up and they just dont , what do you do ?
Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 14:07 - Aug 28 with 1130 viewsPommyhoop

Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 14:04 - Aug 28 by essextaxiboy

I am a Queens Park Rangers fan not Harry Redknapp . I just happen to think he is taking us in the right direction(with bumps along the way as Amit would say ) and is our best bet to stay in the division .

He doesnt like to accept blame and that can be annoying , but in the case of last night , if you ask senior players to step up and they just dont , what do you do ?

Erm..Accept some responsibility? .Shoulder some blame maybe? Start 'managing'

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 15:58 - Aug 28 with 1077 viewsterryb

Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 14:04 - Aug 28 by essextaxiboy

Last night?

The same happened last Sunday & many other times since he became manager.

His problems with controlling attitude go back to when he selected Bosingwa as soon as he could after his refusal to be a sub.

He basically told everyone that it doesn't matter how much you care. If your not one of my boys you won't play.

That is still the message that he portrays. For instance, if Rio Ferdinand was to be our worst player in ten consecutive games, he will still be the first name on the team sheet for the next match.
Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 16:15 - Aug 28 with 1060 viewsbarabajagal

Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 13:06 - Aug 28 by SpiritofGregory

Of course he is upset with the players, they've screwed up his chances of getting a bumper contract.

I've only seen him upset twice, last night and when an interviewer called him a wheeler dealer - someone find that clip, it was bloody funny.

The truth can hurt sometimes.
Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 16:41 - Aug 28 with 1026 viewsJuzzie

It's all very well for managers to say "their time has come to an end, best they move on" but how or why should they move on when they are trousering £50K+ a week for another year or two knowing if they leave they'd be lucky to get half that, or less.

Yes, we may have got quite a few players on a free or good transfers but it's the salaries that's been stopping us from shifting them on. How much have we had to pay out to the likes of Bosingwa, Cesar etc to get them out? It makes the money we had for the ABC loan look a pittance.

[Post edited 28 Aug 2014 17:00]
Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 16:44 - Aug 28 with 1017 viewsPhildo

Dave Mc has been hinting that there are clubs interested in Matty Phillips and the Chief.
Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 17:14 - Aug 28 with 982 viewssimmo

Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 16:44 - Aug 28 by Phildo

Dave Mc has been hinting that there are clubs interested in Matty Phillips and the Chief.

Why wouldnt they be? Two great signings for somebody, neither of which are being used correctly in our current system. Nedum can't get in ahead o Richard Dunne FFS, I would be telling Redknapp to get to fck.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 20:22 - Aug 28 with 893 viewsHunterhoop

Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 17:14 - Aug 28 by simmo

Why wouldnt they be? Two great signings for somebody, neither of which are being used correctly in our current system. Nedum can't get in ahead o Richard Dunne FFS, I would be telling Redknapp to get to fck.

Of course people are interested in Phillips and the Chief.

Both are prime ages for their respective positions (23 & 28), fit, healthy, big, strong, quick, experienced (both at Champ level, one at Prem level)....what's not to like?!

They should both be playing week in week out. They should be part of a core group of players we build a team for 5 years around. So should Austin, Faurlin, Caulker, Simpson, Traore, Mutch. Yes, they're not the greatest in the world, but their good enough for us and good enough for 15th place in this league. We just need to work with them, give them time, get them gelling and cohesive. This is what a manager's job is!

But you need to have a manager who plans further ahead than his next TV appearance for that. You need a manager who is trying to create a culture, ethos and identity, not someone just looking to get in "top top lads". Who are these "top top lads" anyway. I mean Onouha is clever, articulate, never in trouble; he was a well behaved mummy's boy. And he's in great shape; he clearly looks after himself. And the rest of the squad clearly respect him given his sodding nickname is "Chief"! I mean, how much more of a "top top lad" can he bloody well be?!!

I've always suspected Redknapp's "top top lads" are players he knows were "workers" from several season's back, tend to speak English and are decent on an afternoon round at Wentworth. It's just easier for him. "Dunney's a top top lad, does what you ask of him, puts it about, cracking short game too"...I mean the fact most people in the game know he's got a drink problem and believe he isn't favourable to players of certain backgrounds (ALLEDGELY) is obviously irrelevant to being a "top top lad".

Redknapp has a lot of experience in the game. He has achieved things. He clearly was a good man manager once upon a time. But we haven't got the Harry Redknapp of Wet Spam or Spurs or Pompey. We have a Redknapp who is so much less motivated. He often doesn't attend training, he left almost all post match briefings to "Bondy" Bond, he never gets out of his seat to instruct or gee the troops during a game and he shows no emotion. That is all different how he was in the roles he succeeded in.

His passion has gone. He is an old man. He needs to be sitting on Kammy's couch or with Stelling's crew, reminiscing about "when I had the lad at Spurs, he was such a hard worker" not worrying about how he justifies picking yet another sodding player ahead of Ale Faurlin or how he can look Onouha in the eye after starting with Dunne again.

He's past it, over the hill, on his way to pasture. We may stay up this year. I pray we do, but, like last year, I honestly believe it would be in spite of him, not because of him. I am 100% convinced a decent manager would be achieveing far more and with far more long term benefits for QPR than Redknapp is.
Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 20:30 - Aug 28 with 880 viewsFredManRave

Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 20:22 - Aug 28 by Hunterhoop

Both are prime ages for their respective positions (23 & 28), fit, healthy, big, strong, quick, experienced (both at Champ level, one at Prem level)....what's not to like?!

They should both be playing week in week out. They should be part of a core group of players we build a team for 5 years around. So should Austin, Faurlin, Caulker, Simpson, Traore, Mutch. Yes, they're not the greatest in the world, but their good enough for us and good enough for 15th place in this league. We just need to work with them, give them time, get them gelling and cohesive. This is what a manager's job is!

But you need to have a manager who plans further ahead than his next TV appearance for that. You need a manager who is trying to create a culture, ethos and identity, not someone just looking to get in "top top lads". Who are these "top top lads" anyway. I mean Onouha is clever, articulate, never in trouble; he was a well behaved mummy's boy. And he's in great shape; he clearly looks after himself. And the rest of the squad clearly respect him given his sodding nickname is "Chief"! I mean, how much more of a "top top lad" can he bloody well be?!!

I've always suspected Redknapp's "top top lads" are players he knows were "workers" from several season's back, tend to speak English and are decent on an afternoon round at Wentworth. It's just easier for him. "Dunney's a top top lad, does what you ask of him, puts it about, cracking short game too"...I mean the fact most people in the game know he's got a drink problem and believe he isn't favourable to players of certain backgrounds (ALLEDGELY) is obviously irrelevant to being a "top top lad".

Redknapp has a lot of experience in the game. He has achieved things. He clearly was a good man manager once upon a time. But we haven't got the Harry Redknapp of Wet Spam or Spurs or Pompey. We have a Redknapp who is so much less motivated. He often doesn't attend training, he left almost all post match briefings to "Bondy" Bond, he never gets out of his seat to instruct or gee the troops during a game and he shows no emotion. That is all different how he was in the roles he succeeded in.

His passion has gone. He is an old man. He needs to be sitting on Kammy's couch or with Stelling's crew, reminiscing about "when I had the lad at Spurs, he was such a hard worker" not worrying about how he justifies picking yet another sodding player ahead of Ale Faurlin or how he can look Onouha in the eye after starting with Dunne again.

He's past it, over the hill, on his way to pasture. We may stay up this year. I pray we do, but, like last year, I honestly believe it would be in spite of him, not because of him. I am 100% convinced a decent manager would be achieveing far more and with far more long term benefits for QPR than Redknapp is.

Top Top Post. Triffic lad that Hunter.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 20:32 - Aug 28 with 862 viewsPommyhoop

Bang on Hunter.
If he forces Onouha out the man is a C@nt.

Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 20:41 - Aug 28 with 853 viewsJamie

Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 17:14 - Aug 28 by simmo

January 2013, fans are calling for Alejandro Faurlin to be picked. Redknapp chucks him in for a cup game, we are battered, Redknapp pulls no punches discussing players 'the fans want in the team'. Days later Faurlin is loaned out to Palermo.

August 2014, fans are calling for Nedum Onouha to be picked. Redknapp chucks him in for a cup game, we are battered. Redknapp pulls no punches discussing 'giving players an opportunity' and them not taking it. The next day, stories emerge of a potential transfer for Onouha.

[Post edited 28 Aug 2014 20:42]
Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 21:42 - Aug 28 with 809 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 20:41 - Aug 28 by Jamie

January 2013, fans are calling for Alejandro Faurlin to be picked. Redknapp chucks him in for a cup game, we are battered, Redknapp pulls no punches discussing players 'the fans want in the team'. Days later Faurlin is loaned out to Palermo.

August 2014, fans are calling for Nedum Onouha to be picked. Redknapp chucks him in for a cup game, we are battered. Redknapp pulls no punches discussing 'giving players an opportunity' and them not taking it. The next day, stories emerge of a potential transfer for Onouha.

[Post edited 28 Aug 2014 20:42]

A worrying thought.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 22:03 - Aug 28 with 776 viewsstansleftfoot

Only totally correct in every respect Hunter......
Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 02:24 - Aug 29 with 671 views18StoneOfHoop

Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 22:03 - Aug 28 by stansleftfoot

Only totally correct in every respect Hunter......

Not so sure about the admittedly 'top,top poster' Hunter being 'totally correct in every respect' there,stansleftfoot.

I agree with a lot of what Hunter writes - especially in the opening 4 paras and his telling point that Nedum The Chief could not do more to prove he's a 'top lad of the right sort' and I also agree I think with Ron Burgundy avatarred Hunter that this must and will be HR's last season

However later on exaggerations,suspicions,allegations negative spin and ageism weaken Hunter's argument. It's pure Bull Spit unsubstanciated rumour and calumny in my book,about HR having a Cloughie style drink problem. Where is the factual proof? Are you in the game,Hunter? Show me your sauces he's on the sauce.

Hunter writes:
"I've always suspected Redknapp's "top top lads" are players he knows were "workers" from several season's back,tend to speak English and are decent on an afternoon round at Wentworth. It's just easier for him."

Arrant nonsense.To name a few: Eyal Berkovic,Paolo DiCanio,Marc Vivien-Foe,Igor Stimac,Dejan Stefanovic,Lomana Lua-Lua,Yakubu,Sulley Muntari,Niko Kranjcar,Papa Bouba-Diop,Sebastian Bassong when he bought them were mainly flair players not workers,extremely well-scouted and discovered,often not very intelligible clear English speakers - HR is far more positive and open-minded about the worth of foreigners and internationalist in his approach than say UKIP leader NF - and very few lovers of golf.
Effectively scouted triple transfer coups Vargas,Islas and Fer are palpably not the same old top lads that he knows from his 2006 Football Manager rollerflex.

Sir Bobby Robson and Sir Alex Ferguson when approaching 70 were still operating with a fair bit of undimmed competence and success. The knowledge accrued over a lifetime and the lasting passion that still burned within didn't have to be proved by look-at-me-showy-offy leaping up and down,gesticulating and ranting in the dug-out and by the touchline.
(Having said that I used to love watching all-action Martin O'Neill 'at work' in the technical area.)

I agree 15th is within this talented on paper squad's compass. Time for
>>>>>>>>>>>>Redknapp,Hoddle,Bond,Jordan,Hitchcock and Black<<<<<<<<<<<<<
to now work their balls off and organize and motivate them into a functioning, fit for Premiership survival,cohesive unit.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2014 2:53]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 10:08 - Aug 29 with 557 viewsHunterhoop

Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 02:24 - Aug 29 by 18StoneOfHoop

Not so sure about the admittedly 'top,top poster' Hunter being 'totally correct in every respect' there,stansleftfoot.

I agree with a lot of what Hunter writes - especially in the opening 4 paras and his telling point that Nedum The Chief could not do more to prove he's a 'top lad of the right sort' and I also agree I think with Ron Burgundy avatarred Hunter that this must and will be HR's last season

However later on exaggerations,suspicions,allegations negative spin and ageism weaken Hunter's argument. It's pure Bull Spit unsubstanciated rumour and calumny in my book,about HR having a Cloughie style drink problem. Where is the factual proof? Are you in the game,Hunter? Show me your sauces he's on the sauce.

Hunter writes:
"I've always suspected Redknapp's "top top lads" are players he knows were "workers" from several season's back,tend to speak English and are decent on an afternoon round at Wentworth. It's just easier for him."

Arrant nonsense.To name a few: Eyal Berkovic,Paolo DiCanio,Marc Vivien-Foe,Igor Stimac,Dejan Stefanovic,Lomana Lua-Lua,Yakubu,Sulley Muntari,Niko Kranjcar,Papa Bouba-Diop,Sebastian Bassong when he bought them were mainly flair players not workers,extremely well-scouted and discovered,often not very intelligible clear English speakers - HR is far more positive and open-minded about the worth of foreigners and internationalist in his approach than say UKIP leader NF - and very few lovers of golf.
Effectively scouted triple transfer coups Vargas,Islas and Fer are palpably not the same old top lads that he knows from his 2006 Football Manager rollerflex.

Sir Bobby Robson and Sir Alex Ferguson when approaching 70 were still operating with a fair bit of undimmed competence and success. The knowledge accrued over a lifetime and the lasting passion that still burned within didn't have to be proved by look-at-me-showy-offy leaping up and down,gesticulating and ranting in the dug-out and by the touchline.
(Having said that I used to love watching all-action Martin O'Neill 'at work' in the technical area.)

I agree 15th is within this talented on paper squad's compass. Time for
>>>>>>>>>>>>Redknapp,Hoddle,Bond,Jordan,Hitchcock and Black<<<<<<<<<<<<<
to now work their balls off and organize and motivate them into a functioning, fit for Premiership survival,cohesive unit.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2014 2:53]

The stuff about Redknapp and the golf course, English speakers (note, not Englishmen!) was an attempt at light hearted humour.

I think you misunderstood - probably my fault - the bit about the drink issue and players' backgrounds. That was all in relation to Dunne (ALLEDGELY). It came from someone on the board of one of his former clubs.

Hope that clears that up! ;)
Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 11:26 - Aug 29 with 531 viewsPinnerPaul

Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 08:02 - Aug 28 by CroydonCaptJack

One minute we critcise him for not caring then we criticise him for having a go at the players who let us down last night. He looked like he cared to me in that interview.

Exactly, apart from obvious HR dislike by some, others can't take the fact that Simpson, Ned, Hill, Faurlin, Holiett , Adel all played , all have been championed on here and yet we still lost to Burton - sooooooooo who to blame ....Harry's post match comments of course!
Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 11:33 - Aug 29 with 518 viewsPommyhoop

Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 11:26 - Aug 29 by PinnerPaul

Exactly, apart from obvious HR dislike by some, others can't take the fact that Simpson, Ned, Hill, Faurlin, Holiett , Adel all played , all have been championed on here and yet we still lost to Burton - sooooooooo who to blame ....Harry's post match comments of course!

Seriously

Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 11:51 - Aug 29 with 495 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 11:26 - Aug 29 by PinnerPaul

Paul,

I'm one of those who find Redknapp to be a horrible piece of work, but you're right about Burton and the players having to have responsibility. Absolutely correct.

However, what I profoundly disliked (and I haven't said this on here over the last couple of days) is Redknapp hanging his players in public and effectively calling an end to their Rangers careers in a press conference. It's appalling behaviour and rank-awful management. In one foul swoop he's created a culture of uncertainty amongst the fans, must surely have damaged the mood of the dressing room, and has placed these players in the bargain bin when he could have held his counsel and sold them anyway for a fair price in good time.

Maybe he's right in his assessment of these players (though I don't believe he is) but it smacks yet again of him not being able to accept part of the collective responsibility for a poor result. He is not a leader of men, he is a solo merchant with zero loyalty, zero accountability and zero integrity. The thought of him continuing to lead the club I love and infesting it with his negativity, selfishness and disloyalty depresses me profoundly.

All of this because he couldn't utter the simple phrase "Sorry, we've all had a bad night, and we will work together to rectify it".

I can't express adequately how little respect I have for him, and I take no joy whatsoever in feeling this way, I can assure you.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2014 11:55]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 11:57 - Aug 29 with 474 viewsPommyhoop

Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 11:51 - Aug 29 by BrianMcCarthy

Paul,

I'm one of those who find Redknapp to be a horrible piece of work, but you're right about Burton and the players having to have responsibility. Absolutely correct.

However, what I profoundly disliked (and I haven't said this on here over the last couple of days) is Redknapp hanging his players in public and effectively calling an end to their Rangers careers in a press conference. It's appalling behaviour and rank-awful management. In one foul swoop he's created a culture of uncertainty amongst the fans, must surely have damaged the mood of the dressing room, and has placed these players in the bargain bin when he could have held his counsel and sold them anyway for a fair price in good time.

Maybe he's right in his assessment of these players (though I don't believe he is) but it smacks yet again of him not being able to accept part of the collective responsibility for a poor result. He is not a leader of men, he is a solo merchant with zero loyalty, zero accountability and zero integrity. The thought of him continuing to lead the club I love and infesting it with his negativity, selfishness and disloyalty depresses me profoundly.

All of this because he couldn't utter the simple phrase "Sorry, we've all had a bad night, and we will work together to rectify it".

I can't express adequately how little respect I have for him, and I take no joy whatsoever in feeling this way, I can assure you.

Nicely put Brian as always.
He's a shit manager . Some people think he was good once .I dont .He's always been average in my book .
Now tho he is f@ckingly alarmingly sh!t.

Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 12:02 - Aug 29 with 462 viewsAntti_Heinola

Paul,

Superb post, Brian.

Bare bones.

Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 12:04 - Aug 29 with 450 viewsHooparoo

Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 12:02 - Aug 29 by Antti_Heinola

Superb post, Brian.

+2.

Spot on Brian.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 12:07 - Aug 29 with 443 viewsQPunkR

Thing is we shouldn't be surprised. It was well known Redknapp only takes credit for the good but is a master at apportioning blame, which is why I didn't want him here in the first place. Now, where are those lovely Southampton fans when you need em?

QPR - "shit but local"

Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 12:07 - Aug 29 with 443 viewsBrixtonR

Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 12:04 - Aug 29 by Hooparoo

+2.

Spot on Brian.

+3

Spot on
Bang disrespectful from Redknapp on 12:08 - Aug 29 with 439 viewsDevonWhite

Paul,

Exactly how I feel. Well articulated, Brian.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024