Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Attitude towards the League Cup 07:59 - Aug 28 with 1854 viewsPilky

Did a quick review of the squad rotation (PL teams). Nothing ground breaking.

Southampton - 3
Sunderland - 6
Newcastle - 6
Aston Villa - 7
Burnley - 7
West Bromwich - 8
Leicester - 8
Stoke - 9
QPR - 9
Crystal P - 9
West Ham - 9
Swansea - 10
Man U - 10

Conclusion: Get with the program Koeman (bless him).
Squad Rotation and the League Cup on 08:38 - Aug 28 with 1784 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

I did exactly the same exercise Pilky.

Those choosing to use last nights loss to beat Harry Redknapp with are wasting their time. If we had any other manager in the PL they would have done exactly the same thing. Which is to pick as many squad players as they could who haven't had a game so far.

Aston Villa, QPR, Burnley, Leicester, West Ham and Man Utd all lost to lower league opposition rotating their squads. If any of those teams had got through they would done exactly the same in the next round.

You may not agree with it but ask yourself why 12 of the 13 PL teams who played in the League Cup so far have rotated their squads knowing they were putting at risk their best chance of winning a trophy.
Attitude towards the League Cup on 12:40 - Aug 28 with 1720 viewssmegma

How many squads have total waste of spaces like SWP?
Squad Rotation and the League Cup on 12:47 - Aug 28 with 1704 viewsLadbrokeGrover

Squad Rotation and the League Cup on 08:38 - Aug 28 by Spaghetti_Hoops

Those choosing to use last nights loss to beat Harry Redknapp with are wasting their time. If we had any other manager in the PL they would have done exactly the same thing. Which is to pick as many squad players as they could who haven't had a game so far.

Aston Villa, QPR, Burnley, Leicester, West Ham and Man Utd all lost to lower league opposition rotating their squads. If any of those teams had got through they would done exactly the same in the next round.

You may not agree with it but ask yourself why 12 of the 13 PL teams who played in the League Cup so far have rotated their squads knowing they were putting at risk their best chance of winning a trophy.

"Aston Villa, QPR, Burnley, Leicester, West Ham and Man Utd all lost to lower league opposition rotating their squads. If any of those teams had got through they would done exactly the same in the next round."

No point in rotating your squad when you desperately need valuable competitive game time to get your first eleven to get to know each other and to understand a new playing system.

Harry should have seen what happened to United and taken note no?
Attitude towards the League Cup on 12:49 - Aug 28 with 1703 viewsthemodfather

the team put out last night, had experience, none were making career debuts
fer had been to the world cup....many were involved in our play off campaign and adel had been at the mighty ac milan most of last season...many are ex internationals
we just lacked enough HEART,passion and desire....swp does the same thing, runs into a blind channel, falls over....
we have been poor in cups for 2 decades now and it's not good enough.
why not WANT wembley final, worldwide tv, a euro spot....??? a medal? a trophy?
Squad Rotation and the League Cup on 13:02 - Aug 28 with 1684 viewssimmo

Squad Rotation and the League Cup on 08:38 - Aug 28 by Spaghetti_Hoops

It was not about the players he chose! Bar ridiculous decisions like playing Dunne or SWP, we had enough quality on paper to win. We didn't because the manager didn't want us to, because this competition is not a priroty for him, his board or the shareholders.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Attitude towards the League Cup on 13:09 - Aug 28 with 1675 viewsSpiritofGregory

It doesn't matter what other clubs do. We all know that out of all those clubs we are the least prepared.
Attitude towards the League Cup on 13:21 - Aug 28 with 1643 viewsToast_R

You've got to ask yourself honestly, why do we keep going to watch football?

If it's all about fannying around watching clubs making a mockery of the competitions just because they want to be in Premier League so the money keeps rolling in. Where is the enjoyment in that?

You may as well toddle off to City and go watch some brokers make some money. They probably won't even charge you for the privilege.

How did it come to this I ask?
Fun Factor zero.... I've already f*cked off my season ticket after 2012/13. I've not bothered to re-new my Membership this season and I'm hovering above the cancel button on my Sky account.....
You'd be amazed what you can be getting on with on a Saturday when you care less about it all and have money to spend on something useful.
Attitude towards the League Cup on 15:15 - Aug 28 with 1598 viewsessextaxiboy

Attitude towards the League Cup on 13:21 - Aug 28 by Toast_R

If it's all about fannying around watching clubs making a mockery of the competitions just because they want to be in Premier League so the money keeps rolling in. Where is the enjoyment in that?

You may as well toddle off to City and go watch some brokers make some money. They probably won't even charge you for the privilege.

Fun Factor zero.... I've already f*cked off my season ticket after 2012/13. I've not bothered to re-new my Membership this season and I'm hovering above the cancel button on my Sky account.....
You'd be amazed what you can be getting on with on a Saturday when you care less about it all and have money to spend on something useful.

And while you are doing something useful you will be on your phone checking how the Rangers are getting on .......
Login to get fewer ads

Attitude towards the League Cup on 15:49 - Aug 28 with 1553 viewsolderR

Let's treat cup competitions with the same contempt.
Boycott the FA cup 3rd round game if its at home.
If the club put on a good performance and we win then go to the forth round.
Playing in front of just a few oppo fans might make a point to the club.
Attitude towards the League Cup on 15:50 - Aug 28 with 1552 viewsQPR_John

Attitude towards the League Cup on 12:49 - Aug 28 by themodfather

the team put out last night, had experience, none were making career debuts
fer had been to the world cup....many were involved in our play off campaign and adel had been at the mighty ac milan most of last season...many are ex internationals
we just lacked enough HEART,passion and desire....swp does the same thing, runs into a blind channel, falls over....
we have been poor in cups for 2 decades now and it's not good enough.
why not WANT wembley final, worldwide tv, a euro spot....??? a medal? a trophy?

Exactly second string or not that team should have been good enough to beat a 2nd division side
Attitude towards the League Cup on 16:59 - Aug 28 with 1510 viewsToast_R

Attitude towards the League Cup on 15:15 - Aug 28 by essextaxiboy

And while you are doing something useful you will be on your phone checking how the Rangers are getting on .......

Yep.... then sighing before taking mild comfort in the fact I'm not paying to watch the dross unfold...

That will do me for now.
Attitude towards the League Cup on 17:22 - Aug 28 with 1489 viewspaulparker

Attitude towards the League Cup on 13:21 - Aug 28 by Toast_R

After Traipsing up to Burton to be taken for a mug, that's me done with Toast
and I feel exactly the same as you, I don't get the buzz or even the tinge of excitement anymore,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Attitude towards the League Cup on 17:40 - Aug 28 with 1468 viewsbatmanhoop

I could just about accept defeat if he had put the youngsters in, but no, same old proven tosh
Attitude towards the League Cup on 18:22 - Aug 28 with 1430 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

A team beats 11 players most times, even a team from two or three divisions below.

That's why we lost against Burton, why Man Utd lost to MK Dons etc.

It is a squad game now. You can't get away with freezing half the squad out of starting matches. You have to give them chances.
Attitude towards the League Cup on 22:50 - Aug 28 with 1356 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Compared with Neil Warnock three years ago I thought that Redknapp showed the League Cup the respect it deserved. Here is what Warnock had to say after the 2-0 defeat by Rochdale.

Managers are duty-bound to seek positives in defeat but few go as far as to express pleasure at being beaten. Neil Warnock, however, has never cared much for convention, so candidly admitted to being "pleased" that League One strugglers Rochdale ousted his Queen's Park Rangers side from the Carling Cup.

Noting that Norwich had also lost at home to lower-league opposition, Warnock said the competition was an unwelcome burden to teams attempting to establish themselves in the Premier League and should be reformed to be made more attractive to sides such as his.

He had already demonstrated where his priority lay by making eight changes from the line-up that surprisingly won at Everton on Saturday and the only aspect of this defeat that seemed to disturb him was that one of the three survivors from the Everton game, the full-back Bradley Orr had to be replaced after half an hour because of a groin injury.

"I don't think [Premier League teams] do care. And you've got to look why. We've lost an influential player [Orr] who played well on Saturday and for what? We're not going to win the Cup." Asked if he was pleased that his team no longer had to bother with the tournament, he replied: "Yes. I know it's sad but I think they should revamp it. The FA Cup is a different ball game, I want to try to win that this year, so I'll put a strong team out for that."
Attitude towards the League Cup on 23:09 - Aug 28 with 1348 viewsTacticalR

Warnock laid his cards on the table there. I guess most of the others would rather be hypocrites.

Air hostess clique

Attitude towards the League Cup on 07:30 - Aug 29 with 1298 viewsCanadaRanger

I have a feeling the wages of our team that played burton were just a tad higher than Burton's... So which players earned them?
Attitude towards the League Cup on 07:55 - Aug 29 with 1287 viewsDesertBoot

The Burton manager said he also rested key players making the defeat even more lamentable. Desire 1-0 Lack Of.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Attitude towards the League Cup on 08:09 - Aug 29 with 1278 viewsShotKneesHoop

Attitude towards the League Cup on 12:40 - Aug 28 by smegma

How many squads have total waste of spaces like SWP?

Another totally unique achievement by QPR, SWP is the Baldrick of football

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024