Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Capital Cup - Who Cares. 08:48 - Aug 28 with 3767 viewsBostonR

I certainly don't. Most premiership clubs treat this cup with disdain as evidenced by the number that have been knocked out. The Leicester City fans actually applauded the Shrewsbury team off the pitch after they had turned them over on Tues.

I feel for those fans that went to the game but we always lose cup games. The Premiership is where we need to put our resources and a win on Sat and the Burton game will be binned along with all the other cup defeats of the past years.

I can't imagine HR is happy with what happened and its a shame that after 3 games the "Arry out" brigade are out in force. Do we ever learn?
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 08:50 - Aug 28 with 1796 viewssimmo

We are out of 50% of the competitions we can win.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 08:58 - Aug 28 with 1777 viewsRangersw12

Winning breeds confidence

I bet Sunderland feel better going into Saturdays game after winning 3-0 at Birmingham than we do after Burton

Also can we drop this arrogant stance that the league cup is beneath us we're a Premier League club in name only but in reality we are a championship club punching above our weight

I would happily not win a single Premier League game this season if it meant us winning a cup
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 09:01 - Aug 28 with 1766 viewsBluce_Ree

"I can't imagine HR is happy with what happened and its a shame that after 3 games the "Arry out" brigade are out in force. Do we ever learn? "

It's not three games for me. We've been pretty poor for a while. Apart from the Wigan home match, our promotion run-in wasn't convincing at all.

At this point I honestly can't imagine us winning any of our upcoming games.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 09:07 - Aug 28 with 1743 viewsrbsranger

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 08:58 - Aug 28 by Rangersw12

Winning breeds confidence

I bet Sunderland feel better going into Saturdays game after winning 3-0 at Birmingham than we do after Burton

Also can we drop this arrogant stance that the league cup is beneath us we're a Premier League club in name only but in reality we are a championship club punching above our weight

I would happily not win a single Premier League game this season if it meant us winning a cup

Bloody Premier League is all that is wrong with football... for 12/13 teams this season, the height of their ambition is finishing 8th in the PL. Yet those same 12/13 have a legitimate shot at getting to Wembley in one of the two cups. Why the hell do Managers belittle the team spirit and other positive factors for the fans that come with a Cup run? Where does it say in the rules- long cup run = dip in League form? And before you quote me Wigan going down or Swansea/ Hull "suffering" late in the season after Cup runs.. maybe these teams would have done worse without the Cup run and the added confidence it gave them.
On the last weekend in January, our overpaid "stars" will be on some warm weather jaunt in Dubai rather than fighting the cold in Shepherd's Bush whilst we entertain Grimsby in the 4th Round of the Cup and that annoys me greatly...
[Post edited 28 Aug 2014 9:08]
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 09:08 - Aug 28 with 1740 viewspaulparker

Sorry C rap post !!!
I was one of the many mugs who went last night, and it fcuking matters to me
it was IMHO worse than sunday, we have serious problems this season
we were again out played, out fought & and clueless against League 2 opposition
dress it up how you like my friend if that makes you feel better, but we are going down with Harry & Friends this season
TF no way should be offering any contract to HR, lets face it we were lucky at Wembley
teams selections, tactics, set pieces, non existent
Arry is taking this club & us for Mugs yet again

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 09:08 - Aug 28 with 1731 viewsTheChef

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 09:07 - Aug 28 by rbsranger

Bloody Premier League is all that is wrong with football... for 12/13 teams this season, the height of their ambition is finishing 8th in the PL. Yet those same 12/13 have a legitimate shot at getting to Wembley in one of the two cups. Why the hell do Managers belittle the team spirit and other positive factors for the fans that come with a Cup run? Where does it say in the rules- long cup run = dip in League form? And before you quote me Wigan going down or Swansea/ Hull "suffering" late in the season after Cup runs.. maybe these teams would have done worse without the Cup run and the added confidence it gave them.
On the last weekend in January, our overpaid "stars" will be on some warm weather jaunt in Dubai rather than fighting the cold in Shepherd's Bush whilst we entertain Grimsby in the 4th Round of the Cup and that annoys me greatly...
[Post edited 28 Aug 2014 9:08]

Abso-bloody-lutely!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 09:09 - Aug 28 with 1726 viewscyprusmel

I care, I was one of the 45,000 who saw us win in 1967 at Wembley and boy was I proud that day. As posted previous we are in no position to win a top 6 place and I would like to see us make a better fist of this and the FA cup competitions. It would have made more sense to me after watching the shambles at Tottenham to put the first team out and give them more playing time together, players can get injured at anytime even in training, I don't buy into the fact you have to exclude your best players in order to save them. If this was the case and Harry was not bothered if a win came or not he should have put the 3 youngsters in who were on the bench. For goodness sake if he doesn't know how good SWP is by now he needs to take a job away from football.
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 09:11 - Aug 28 with 1720 viewsElHoop

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 09:01 - Aug 28 by Bluce_Ree

"I can't imagine HR is happy with what happened and its a shame that after 3 games the "Arry out" brigade are out in force. Do we ever learn? "

It's not three games for me. We've been pretty poor for a while. Apart from the Wigan home match, our promotion run-in wasn't convincing at all.

At this point I honestly can't imagine us winning any of our upcoming games.

Our run in last season wasn't very convincing because we weren't very good.

We weren't very good because we were absolutely shocking in the relegation season. Do you have a memory of any description?

We did however perform better than Wigan and Reading, who are still in the Championship. That promotion was a task much easier said than done. We are in the premier League and obviously we needed to strengthen that promoted side. That takes time in terms of signing the right players and getting them fit. We've also changed tactics. So it's not going to be easy but if every idiot supporter starts screaming for Pulis or whomever then YOU will be making it worse and that WILL be entirely your fault.
Login to get fewer ads

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 09:11 - Aug 28 with 1720 viewsNorthernr

"I can't imagine HR is happy with what happened and its a shame that after 3 games the "Arry out" brigade are out in force. Do we ever learn?"

That's richer than Sheikh Mansour coming from you.
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 09:18 - Aug 28 with 1684 viewshoof_hearted

Well I nearly went last night to tick off a new ground and then managed to come to my senses because it was always likely to be a disaster. Wish I'd put my money where my mouth was.
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 09:24 - Aug 28 with 1661 viewswestberksr

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 09:11 - Aug 28 by Northernr

"I can't imagine HR is happy with what happened and its a shame that after 3 games the "Arry out" brigade are out in force. Do we ever learn?"

"That's richer than Sheikh Mansour coming from you. "

love that.

why the fukk did he pick SWP who didn't feature in the CCC and obviously won't all of this season. new faces need a run to get some match fitness and used to playing together. even if you want to rest a couple, let the others use it to get to have a clue what each other are about.

hate the premier league and don't particularly give a flying shit about our management team. feel sorry for the mugs (sorry, loyal fans) who went. at least they got to tick another ground off the list.
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 09:24 - Aug 28 with 1661 viewsTheBlob

Knew the fix was in when the team was announced.
I don't normally bet against R's but Burton 3/1 was too tempting.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 09:26 - Aug 28 with 1654 viewsRanger78

Sorry for repeating myself, I've said the same kind of thing on a few threads but I couldn't disagree any more with your point.

Can you honestly tell me that we're in better shape as a team this morning after loosing to lower league opposition again?

Some top PL teams who are clearly fighting on over fronts change their teams and it kind of makes sense .... but for small club like us, winning cups has to be something important otherwise what is the point???

If we become a club who just fights to stay in the PL, things are going to get very boring ! We should always take it seriously ( the team picked should still have been good enough to win in fairness)

Winning football matches breeds confidence, winning is better than loosing !

A game like last night was the perfect opportunity for a team in our position to get some confidence, get the team playing together and understand the system.

I'm sure a win last night would have made the training ground a better place to be this morning
[Post edited 28 Aug 2014 10:13]
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 09:30 - Aug 28 with 1637 viewsSomersetHoops

It is the only trophy we have ever won (discounting Champions league winners under Warnock), so we should care. Going by how we have performed so far you would think he doesn't care about this league either.

It seems Harry will do anything to make a point that suits him rather than the club and I and many others are getting cheesed off by it.

Who's Next?

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 09:32 - Aug 28 with 1636 viewsLoft1979

HR's comments (per West London) were pretty much what should be expected. He used this to see certain players and look at them before he picks a 25 man squad and before Mondays deadline. He started the year expelling about 25 players and had really 10 players left. Add to that several (remy, Cesar, Yun ) were worn out after the WC.

He has resigned 4 (Hill, BZ, Green and Ale) Of that bunch one is the old CPT/leader, BZ is the 20-min man, and Dunne had an auto-renewal clause. Green was coming back because Cesar wasn't. Ale is coming off two knee surgeries.

Caulker, Rio, Mutch, Fer, Isla have barely practiced together. And were not even on the preseason roster. HR said he needed 6 players (which some here scoffed at), now we see why. Hoillett, Phillips, even Simpson (and especially SWP) are little better than subs.

Coaches: Yes we knew he would need help there too.

Summation. HR's goal is sticking in the prem this year. League Cup is not a priority. If he can get to Jan with some wins...he might make a half effort in the FA cup.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/qpr-transfer-news-taarabt-the-only-shin
[Post edited 28 Aug 2014 9:46]
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 09:33 - Aug 28 with 1633 viewsNorthernr

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 09:24 - Aug 28 by TheBlob

Knew the fix was in when the team was announced.
I don't normally bet against R's but Burton 3/1 was too tempting.

Should have got on the day before Blob, I had em at fives. Paid for the trip.
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 09:35 - Aug 28 with 1628 viewsTheBlob

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 09:33 - Aug 28 by Northernr

Good luck mate,always good to cover your arse innit.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 09:39 - Aug 28 with 1606 viewswestberksr

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 09:33 - Aug 28 by Northernr

Judas, it's your fault we lost, created bad kharma

... gutted i forgot to back them when i saw it at 9/2, got distracted by the horse racing , not bitter at all.
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 09:40 - Aug 28 with 1600 viewsMonahoop

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 09:26 - Aug 28 by Ranger78

Sorry for repeating myself, I've said the same kind of thing on a few threads but I couldn't disagree any more with your point.

Can you honestly tell me that we're in better shape as a team this morning after loosing to lower league opposition again?

Some top PL teams who are clearly fighting on over fronts change their teams and it kind of makes sense .... but for small club like us, winning cups has to be something important otherwise what is the point???

If we become a club who just fights to stay in the PL, things are going to get very boring ! We should always take it seriously ( the team picked should still have been good enough to win in fairness)

Winning football matches breeds confidence, winning is better than loosing !

A game like last night was the perfect opportunity for a team in our position to get some confidence, get the team playing together and understand the system.

I'm sure a win last night would have made the training ground a better place to be this morning
[Post edited 28 Aug 2014 10:13]

Totally agree. I don't buy into this nonsense that the Capital [League] Cup doesn't matter and top clubs don't care. It may not the most prestigious trophy these days, but it's still a viable competition. Any way if top clubs don't care, then how come the competition is won by a top teams 95% of the time? It kind of makes the argument against it pretty feeble. And I bet if QPR did go all the way to the final, those detractors on here would be clamoring for a ticket to see the team at Wembley.

A nonsense post really.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 09:57 - Aug 28 with 1548 viewsBostonR

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 09:11 - Aug 28 by Northernr

NorthernR - you need to take a good look in the mirror! You constantly berate everything about the club, the Board, the manager, the players - I could go on.

I expect if you had your way we would be in the Evostick League.
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:04 - Aug 28 with 1526 viewsElHoop

I would have preferred us to have had a proper go at Burton but the problems we've had in the first two games coupled with a Sunday Wednesday Saturday week made that unrealistic in the cold light of day. And a lot of other clubs have gone out the same way. The issue is whether or not we can take advantage of these extra days of planning for Saturday. Hopefully we can.

As regards the Capital Cup, if we aren't putting out a recognisable side then we might as well put out a youth team bolstered by a few fringe players. At least that team could play together beforehand and there might be some longer term benefit to us.
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:06 - Aug 28 with 1513 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The absolute minimum we should expect is that Rangers management and players should give us

1) commitment,
2) work-rate,
3) tactical competence,
4) a positivity that suggests belief and
5) professional behaviour

If we get all of them then generally we can accept results.

I don't like or rate Redknapp and I don't think he should be anywhere near our club, but having started the season with him I don't want him out. So far, though, he and his players are struggling with the above basic requirements. And that's not acceptable in any shape or form. Every time we put those shirts out on a field, and every time our fans pay money to watch it, those five requirements should be the absolute minimum.

Anything less invites shame.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:09 - Aug 28 with 1506 viewsRangersw12

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:04 - Aug 28 by ElHoop

I would have preferred us to have had a proper go at Burton but the problems we've had in the first two games coupled with a Sunday Wednesday Saturday week made that unrealistic in the cold light of day. And a lot of other clubs have gone out the same way. The issue is whether or not we can take advantage of these extra days of planning for Saturday. Hopefully we can.

As regards the Capital Cup, if we aren't putting out a recognisable side then we might as well put out a youth team bolstered by a few fringe players. At least that team could play together beforehand and there might be some longer term benefit to us.

The players are clearly not fit enough so we should of at least played Isla , Fur , Remy and Mutch to get them up to speed

After Sat they have a nice little break for 2 weeks and up to the end of October we actually only play 9 PL games so the fact we play 3 games this week doesn't wash with me they are supposed to be professional athletes and be able to play 3 90 mins games in a week
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:09 - Aug 28 with 1503 viewsQPRski

The concept of playing any sport, especially professionally, is to win.

Yes, we should use and rotate the whole squad and we should have won yesterday, even with a reserve squad, against what once was once called 4th Division opposition.

However ,there is no need for panic but there is ample ammuntion for the the "Harry out" brigade to be vociferous. Harry did not really help himself by putting out a team with no recognised striker and questionable balance.

It all adds to the pressure for this Saturday. Not only when will we pick up our first point, but when will we actually score a goal.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2014 10:10]
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:11 - Aug 28 with 1488 viewssimmo

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:06 - Aug 28 by BrianMcCarthy

The absolute minimum we should expect is that Rangers management and players should give us

1) commitment,
2) work-rate,
3) tactical competence,
4) a positivity that suggests belief and
5) professional behaviour

If we get all of them then generally we can accept results.

I don't like or rate Redknapp and I don't think he should be anywhere near our club, but having started the season with him I don't want him out. So far, though, he and his players are struggling with the above basic requirements. And that's not acceptable in any shape or form. Every time we put those shirts out on a field, and every time our fans pay money to watch it, those five requirements should be the absolute minimum.

Anything less invites shame.

This, exactly this.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024