Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Capital Cup - Who Cares. 08:48 - Aug 28 with 3763 viewsBostonR

I certainly don't. Most premiership clubs treat this cup with disdain as evidenced by the number that have been knocked out. The Leicester City fans actually applauded the Shrewsbury team off the pitch after they had turned them over on Tues.

I feel for those fans that went to the game but we always lose cup games. The Premiership is where we need to put our resources and a win on Sat and the Burton game will be binned along with all the other cup defeats of the past years.

I can't imagine HR is happy with what happened and its a shame that after 3 games the "Arry out" brigade are out in force. Do we ever learn?
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:17 - Aug 28 with 729 viewsElHoop

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:09 - Aug 28 by Rangersw12

The players are clearly not fit enough so we should of at least played Isla , Fur , Remy and Mutch to get them up to speed

After Sat they have a nice little break for 2 weeks and up to the end of October we actually only play 9 PL games so the fact we play 3 games this week doesn't wash with me they are supposed to be professional athletes and be able to play 3 90 mins games in a week

If we played them and then they got injured then you'd be slagging him off for that as well, or someone else would, it all gets very tedious. Probably the best thing was to focus on getting the tactics and formation right for Saturday, given the new players, formation and tactical changes etc. It's disappointing that we can't have a cup run though. Hopefully we will stay up and there won't be too many changes next season in terms of players and tactics and there will be enough there to win these games. I don't agree that any old bunch of supposedly Premier League players should always beat a proper functioning team from lower down. History indicates that a settled side has a very good chance of upsetting a supposedly superior group of disconnected individuals, and this week has confirmed that fact.
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:19 - Aug 28 with 723 viewsQPRski

Brian,

I fuuly agree with this part of your post:

The absolute minimum we should expect is that Rangers management and players should give us

1) commitment,
2) work-rate,
3) tactical competence,
4) a positivity that suggests belief and
5) professional behaviour

Point #3 is certainly for the manager and coaching staff.
The other points for the players.
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:25 - Aug 28 with 708 viewssimmo

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 09:57 - Aug 28 by BostonR

NorthernR - you need to take a good look in the mirror! You constantly berate everything about the club, the Board, the manager, the players - I could go on.

I expect if you had your way we would be in the Evostick League.

What would be wrong with that?

Maybe he calls it as he sees it. The last 3 years, bar moments like Wembley, have definitely been the worst for me supporting QPR. You can talk about the years close to administration etc, but the spirit and identity of the club was so strong back then and a million miles from the corporate premier league obsessed w@nkery the club has turned into since the end of that Championship winning season.

Maybe if the board stopped making decisions that bring shame on the club, the players started giving a fck consistently (that's all we really want from a player at QPR) and the manager was less of a self serving wheeler dealer, there wouldnt be cause to talk about them in such terms.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:31 - Aug 28 with 694 viewsKonk

You lot all had a blinding time at Wembley winning the play-offs — imagine what it would be like seeing your team win a proper trophy? I think you’re mad if you support a mid-ranking club and don’t fancy a serious go in the cups. What’s the point otherwise? Finishing eighth in the PL? Ace. Winning the League cup gave Swansea fans the chance to see their team win in the Mestalla. Worth it for that alone.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:33 - Aug 28 with 690 viewsLoft1979

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:17 - Aug 28 by ElHoop

If we played them and then they got injured then you'd be slagging him off for that as well, or someone else would, it all gets very tedious. Probably the best thing was to focus on getting the tactics and formation right for Saturday, given the new players, formation and tactical changes etc. It's disappointing that we can't have a cup run though. Hopefully we will stay up and there won't be too many changes next season in terms of players and tactics and there will be enough there to win these games. I don't agree that any old bunch of supposedly Premier League players should always beat a proper functioning team from lower down. History indicates that a settled side has a very good chance of upsetting a supposedly superior group of disconnected individuals, and this week has confirmed that fact.

hmm.

Yesterdays team was our promoted lot. Hoillett, Phillips, Henry should have bossed them.
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:36 - Aug 28 with 682 viewsJamie

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:31 - Aug 28 by Konk

You lot all had a blinding time at Wembley winning the play-offs — imagine what it would be like seeing your team win a proper trophy? I think you’re mad if you support a mid-ranking club and don’t fancy a serious go in the cups. What’s the point otherwise? Finishing eighth in the PL? Ace. Winning the League cup gave Swansea fans the chance to see their team win in the Mestalla. Worth it for that alone.

I'm sure plenty of qpr fans would very much like to see the club have a proper go at the cups. Unfortunately our clubs a total mess and PL survival is everything.
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:36 - Aug 28 with 679 viewsElHoop

Swansea were promoted in 2010/11 and went out in the 2nd round, lost 1-3 at Shrewsbury in 2011/12
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:37 - Aug 28 with 676 viewsElHoop

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:33 - Aug 28 by Loft1979

hmm.

Yesterdays team was our promoted lot. Hoillett, Phillips, Henry should have bossed them.

No it wasn't.
Login to get fewer ads

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:42 - Aug 28 with 657 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Agree completely,

But you and I and the rest of us medieval plebs are luddite fools. Winning, y'know, cups and trophies and stuff like that in today's world means nothing. It won't guarantee survival in the Almighty Premier League, won't increase market penetration, won't get us a spanking new stadium with premiumbondshare-type seaty things. I can't remember the rest of the mantra. Someone will be along soon from either our board or Arsenal's to explain it. Let's just hope we can understand it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:42 - Aug 28 with 657 viewsFearless

Capital cup - who cares?

£100 and 8 hours door to door

I care and so did 3-400 others

Shame the management/players didnt
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:45 - Aug 28 with 645 viewsKonk

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:36 - Aug 28 by ElHoop

Swansea were promoted in 2010/11 and went out in the 2nd round, lost 1-3 at Shrewsbury in 2011/12

I would sooner go down and see my team win a cup - something we've so far managed to avoid doing in 135 years. Especially if I'd never seen my team play competitively in Europe.

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:48 - Aug 28 with 636 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:45 - Aug 28 by Konk

I would sooner go down and see my team win a cup - something we've so far managed to avoid doing in 135 years. Especially if I'd never seen my team play competitively in Europe.

"I would sooner go down and see my team win a cup - something we've so far managed to avoid doing in 135 years."

Let's not be harsh now - we're both superb at going down. All we need to do now is, y'know, win a few cups.

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:48 - Aug 28 with 632 viewsNorthernr

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 09:57 - Aug 28 by BostonR

NorthernR - you need to take a good look in the mirror! You constantly berate everything about the club, the Board, the manager, the players - I could go on.

I expect if you had your way we would be in the Evostick League.

Number one - I've been incredibly positive about the club all summer, and the signings made.

Number two - when I openly admit I hope we lose to Luton Town so that Ian Holloway, a man who did wonderful things for this football club, can get the sack, then you can talk to me like that.
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:51 - Aug 28 with 619 viewsElHoop

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:42 - Aug 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Agree completely,

But you and I and the rest of us medieval plebs are luddite fools. Winning, y'know, cups and trophies and stuff like that in today's world means nothing. It won't guarantee survival in the Almighty Premier League, won't increase market penetration, won't get us a spanking new stadium with premiumbondshare-type seaty things. I can't remember the rest of the mantra. Someone will be along soon from either our board or Arsenal's to explain it. Let's just hope we can understand it.

Someone from the Arsenal board? Maybe they'll also tell us how they managed to make the last 32 of the Champions League for the last 17 seasons whilst building and paying for a complete new stadium.

Perhaps they'd have been better of winning half a dozen league cups instead.
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:53 - Aug 28 with 606 viewsElHoop

That's not the point though. Swansea consolidated their position and then went for it. That's what we need to do.

If you want to go down and win a cup then get Martinez.
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:55 - Aug 28 with 572 viewsAntti_Heinola

Agree Simmo.
I gave up on the League Cup years ago - but mainly because the club gave up on it years ago. If teams don't take it seriously, why should fans? But that can change at any time, and it should change. Hull went up a year ago and too the FA Cup seriously. Swansea took the League Cup seriously the year before last. This stuff comes from the top and just blaming the players for not caring or performing is a bit too simplistic. In truth, it's a poor attitude to have and doesn't really help anyone.

Bare bones.

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:55 - Aug 28 with 571 viewsKonk

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:42 - Aug 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Agree completely,

I can't decide which one I'm most likely to get nostalgic about: our fourteenth place finish in the PL or getting to the final in Hamburg. A steady mid-table league campaign or the chance of glory? We're still dining out on the 1975 cup run, and we lost the bas tard final!

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:57 - Aug 28 with 566 viewsRangersw12

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:17 - Aug 28 by ElHoop

Do you mind not that putting words in my worth and assuming what I would be like if they got injured the fact is they are way unfit so need games

At the end of the day this awful start to the season is down to one man and that's HR and the fact is we have played 3 games lost them all and played awful in two of them and a serious lack of fight in 2 of them as well

He seems to have gotten away with getting us relegated the last time but this time there are no excuses and he needs to earn his vast wages and sort it out quickly
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:58 - Aug 28 with 560 viewsElHoop

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:57 - Aug 28 by Rangersw12

Do you mind not that putting words in my worth and assuming what I would be like if they got injured the fact is they are way unfit so need games

At the end of the day this awful start to the season is down to one man and that's HR and the fact is we have played 3 games lost them all and played awful in two of them and a serious lack of fight in 2 of them as well

He seems to have gotten away with getting us relegated the last time but this time there are no excuses and he needs to earn his vast wages and sort it out quickly

Harry got us relegated last time? Really?

I rest my case m'lord.
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:59 - Aug 28 with 556 viewsTacticalR

Hey, don't forget the West London Observer Cup
http://www.fulhamfc.com/history/timeline/1891

Air hostess clique

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:59 - Aug 28 with 553 viewsRangersw12

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:51 - Aug 28 by ElHoop

Someone from the Arsenal board? Maybe they'll also tell us how they managed to make the last 32 of the Champions League for the last 17 seasons whilst building and paying for a complete new stadium.

I bet the fans wish they had !
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 11:00 - Aug 28 with 550 viewsKonk

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:53 - Aug 28 by ElHoop

That's not the point though. Swansea consolidated their position and then went for it. That's what we need to do.

If you want to go down and win a cup then get Martinez.

Personally, I'm not all that fussed about the PL, wouldn't be overly sad to see us yo-yo between the divisions as long as it didn't destroy the club (which it shouldn't do with responsible ownership...) and will be absolutely gutted if I don't see us win one of the cups before I'm too old to enjoy it. I haven't seen the teams they put out in the respective seasons, so can't comment on Swansea's approach, but yeah, I'd have taken Wigan's win and relegation all day long - same as Blues and the League cup. Club's like us are always going down at some point, so why not aim for a bit of glory in the cups?

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 11:02 - Aug 28 with 542 viewsRangersw12

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:58 - Aug 28 by ElHoop

Harry got us relegated last time? Really?

I rest my case m'lord.

Who was manager when we were officially relegated ?
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 11:03 - Aug 28 with 539 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:51 - Aug 28 by ElHoop

They're at a serious level but, in their own way, have shown no interest in winning competitions. They treat the domestic cups with disdain and are now in a position to challenge for the league but they prioritise profits, low wages, selling players that would help them challenge for the league and replacing them with players who will never be good enough.

When they were refinancing to fund their new stadium, it was all well and good, possibly even admirable (though they still could have fielded decent teams in the domestic cups if they wished, but chose not to) but now, more and more, they remind me of a great business that plays football rather than a football club that's also great at business.

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 11:03 - Aug 28 with 534 viewsElHoop

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:59 - Aug 28 by Rangersw12

I bet the fans wish they had !

I would seriously doubt that, well apart from the usual whingers that is. Every club has them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024