Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Capital Cup - Who Cares. 08:48 - Aug 28 with 3761 viewsBostonR

I certainly don't. Most premiership clubs treat this cup with disdain as evidenced by the number that have been knocked out. The Leicester City fans actually applauded the Shrewsbury team off the pitch after they had turned them over on Tues.

I feel for those fans that went to the game but we always lose cup games. The Premiership is where we need to put our resources and a win on Sat and the Burton game will be binned along with all the other cup defeats of the past years.

I can't imagine HR is happy with what happened and its a shame that after 3 games the "Arry out" brigade are out in force. Do we ever learn?
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 11:03 - Aug 28 with 810 viewsLadbrokeGrover

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 09:40 - Aug 28 by Monahoop

Totally agree. I don't buy into this nonsense that the Capital [League] Cup doesn't matter and top clubs don't care. It may not the most prestigious trophy these days, but it's still a viable competition. Any way if top clubs don't care, then how come the competition is won by a top teams 95% of the time? It kind of makes the argument against it pretty feeble. And I bet if QPR did go all the way to the final, those detractors on here would be clamoring for a ticket to see the team at Wembley.

A nonsense post really.

"Any way if top clubs don't care, then how come the competition is won by a top teams 95% of the time? It kind of makes the argument against it pretty feeble."

I think it shows the gulf between the top 6 clubs and the rest of the English teams more than anything else.
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 11:08 - Aug 28 with 799 viewsRangersw12

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 11:03 - Aug 28 by ElHoop

I would seriously doubt that, well apart from the usual whingers that is. Every club has them.

Every club also has blinkered idiots who think everything the club does is right and that anyone who dares question the club is a "whinger" or "not a true fan"......................
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 11:08 - Aug 28 with 798 viewsElHoop

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 11:03 - Aug 28 by BrianMcCarthy

They're at a serious level but, in their own way, have shown no interest in winning competitions. They treat the domestic cups with disdain and are now in a position to challenge for the league but they prioritise profits, low wages, selling players that would help them challenge for the league and replacing them with players who will never be good enough.

When they were refinancing to fund their new stadium, it was all well and good, possibly even admirable (though they still could have fielded decent teams in the domestic cups if they wished, but chose not to) but now, more and more, they remind me of a great business that plays football rather than a football club that's also great at business.

They actually fielded 'teams' in the cups, that is young teams with some experience of playing together, which were then developed through success in those cups, or at least relative success when compared to most other clubs in their position. If you are not going to play the first team then at least play a team with some pattern of play. Arsenal have benefited from that policy and it's one of the reasons for their continued european success.

I think that Villa's survival is partly attributable to that cup run with a young side, which eventually lost to Bradford i think, and Lambert was buried for that, by the usual suspects, but he and they have survived to tell the tale, and they will more than likely continue to do so.
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 11:09 - Aug 28 with 789 viewssimmo

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:51 - Aug 28 by ElHoop

Someone from the Arsenal board? Maybe they'll also tell us how they managed to make the last 32 of the Champions League for the last 17 seasons whilst building and paying for a complete new stadium.

Perhaps they'd have been better of winning half a dozen league cups instead.

Ha ha! Yeah, why do they need those league cups when they have all those 4th place trophies taking up space in their trophy room. I bet the grandchildren of all the Arsenal fans can't wait to hear the stories of the wonderful campaigns when they qualified for the Champions League year after year whilst payign £1000 a season ticket.

[Post edited 28 Aug 2014 11:11]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 11:11 - Aug 28 with 780 viewsElHoop

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 11:08 - Aug 28 by Rangersw12

Every club also has blinkered idiots who think everything the club does is right and that anyone who dares question the club is a "whinger" or "not a true fan"......................

Yes of course you are right. But there's always a lot more hot air from the moaners. Not many people are going to bother to take it all on and say 'well it's not that great but it could be a lot worse' are they?
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 11:13 - Aug 28 with 774 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 11:08 - Aug 28 by ElHoop

They actually fielded 'teams' in the cups, that is young teams with some experience of playing together, which were then developed through success in those cups, or at least relative success when compared to most other clubs in their position. If you are not going to play the first team then at least play a team with some pattern of play. Arsenal have benefited from that policy and it's one of the reasons for their continued european success.

I think that Villa's survival is partly attributable to that cup run with a young side, which eventually lost to Bradford i think, and Lambert was buried for that, by the usual suspects, but he and they have survived to tell the tale, and they will more than likely continue to do so.

"They actually fielded 'teams' in the cups, that is young teams with some experience of playing together, which were then developed through success in those cups, or at least relative success when compared to most other clubs in their position. If you are not going to play the first team then at least play a team with some pattern of play. Arsenal have benefited from that policy and it's one of the reasons for their continued european success."

I think that's a good point, and I wouldn't dispute that at all. But their performances in the cups until last year were abysmal for a club of their size and history and in comparison to the clubs they aspire to, and, as they continued with this strategy, it's safe to say that the domestic cups were far from a priority.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 11:14 - Aug 28 with 774 viewsElHoop

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 11:09 - Aug 28 by simmo

Ha ha! Yeah, why do they need those league cups when they have all those 4th place trophies taking up space in their trophy room. I bet the grandchildren of all the Arsenal fans can't wait to hear the stories of the wonderful campaigns when they qualified for the Champions League year after year whilst payign £1000 a season ticket.

Tw&t? Yeah maybe, but it's my view thanks.

If you get a trophy for winning the play-off final then I reckon that you should get one for Champions Lerague qualification. To my mind it's a far greater achievement than winning the Capital Cup and should be formally celebrated. The world has moved on whether you like it or not.
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 11:16 - Aug 28 with 767 viewsKonk

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 11:09 - Aug 28 by simmo

I was genuinely stunned by how much the Gooners celebrated the cup win last season - had presumed it was beneath them, but living in an area with a lot of Gooners and having Gooner mates, you'd have thought they'd won the CL. Refreshing to see. If Fulham even won the League cup, I would be a mess.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Login to get fewer ads

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 11:17 - Aug 28 with 767 viewsBostonR

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:48 - Aug 28 by Northernr

Number one - I've been incredibly positive about the club all summer, and the signings made.

Number two - when I openly admit I hope we lose to Luton Town so that Ian Holloway, a man who did wonderful things for this football club, can get the sack, then you can talk to me like that.

You have only been positive after the event. Before any of the signings you were doing your level best to berate everything about the club. You are good at sitting on the fence and when it suits you come on-side.

If you so despise what the Rs have become or will become, go and watch what you term real football in the lower leagues.

I love the way you raise my Luton Town post, which I will always stand by. At that time the football was rank at Rs. If I remember, I stated I was getting a pain in my neck from watching the ball getting hoofed by his team. Anyone who says that was a good time for the Rs, is blinkered beyond belief!

I have been a fan for over 45yrs and in that time football has changed hugely. I quite like the possibility that my team has a chance of competing in the PL and maybe developing over the next 4-5yrs. Yes, its a risk - all that can happen is that we end up broke and in League 2 which will make some of you happy.
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 11:17 - Aug 28 with 766 viewsElHoop

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 11:13 - Aug 28 by BrianMcCarthy

"They actually fielded 'teams' in the cups, that is young teams with some experience of playing together, which were then developed through success in those cups, or at least relative success when compared to most other clubs in their position. If you are not going to play the first team then at least play a team with some pattern of play. Arsenal have benefited from that policy and it's one of the reasons for their continued european success."

I think that's a good point, and I wouldn't dispute that at all. But their performances in the cups until last year were abysmal for a club of their size and history and in comparison to the clubs they aspire to, and, as they continued with this strategy, it's safe to say that the domestic cups were far from a priority.

Brian, i think that Arsenal has a huge squad of players now and can't afford to give places to so many of their youngsters, so they are farmed out. That black kid who buried Man U the other night was one of theirs. I think that it's actually a shame that they can't do it how they used to do it, but everyone's different I guess.
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 11:28 - Aug 28 with 741 viewsBrightonhoop

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 09:08 - Aug 28 by paulparker

Sorry C rap post !!!
I was one of the many mugs who went last night, and it fcuking matters to me
it was IMHO worse than sunday, we have serious problems this season
we were again out played, out fought & and clueless against League 2 opposition
dress it up how you like my friend if that makes you feel better, but we are going down with Harry & Friends this season
TF no way should be offering any contract to HR, lets face it we were lucky at Wembley
teams selections, tactics, set pieces, non existent
Arry is taking this club & us for Mugs yet again

Exactly, it's the meat and potatoes of English Football.

It's also the manner of defeat.
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 11:34 - Aug 28 with 725 viewssimmo

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 11:14 - Aug 28 by ElHoop

Tw&t? Yeah maybe, but it's my view thanks.

If you get a trophy for winning the play-off final then I reckon that you should get one for Champions Lerague qualification. To my mind it's a far greater achievement than winning the Capital Cup and should be formally celebrated. The world has moved on whether you like it or not.

If the world moves on to the point that they actually give a trophy to someone finishing 4th, I will consider the game lost.

It's only a greater achievement due to the money it brings, and if you place financial gains ahead of tangible honours, then our footballing priorities are poles apart.

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 11:41 - Aug 28 with 704 viewsBluce_Ree

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 09:11 - Aug 28 by ElHoop

Our run in last season wasn't very convincing because we weren't very good.

We weren't very good because we were absolutely shocking in the relegation season. Do you have a memory of any description?

We did however perform better than Wigan and Reading, who are still in the Championship. That promotion was a task much easier said than done. We are in the premier League and obviously we needed to strengthen that promoted side. That takes time in terms of signing the right players and getting them fit. We've also changed tactics. So it's not going to be easy but if every idiot supporter starts screaming for Pulis or whomever then YOU will be making it worse and that WILL be entirely your fault.

I literally want to make a castle out of all the sand that just came out of your vagina.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 11:42 - Aug 28 with 702 viewsElHoop

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 11:34 - Aug 28 by simmo

If the world moves on to the point that they actually give a trophy to someone finishing 4th, I will consider the game lost.

It's only a greater achievement due to the money it brings, and if you place financial gains ahead of tangible honours, then our footballing priorities are poles apart.

Seeing as I'm a Tw*t and you presumably are not, we are already poles apart.

'Promotion' to the Champions League is no different to any other promotion in this day and age. The rewards are irrelevant in my view, they are a by-product not the achievement itself. Why is the so called 'most valuable game in football' worth a trophy and promotion to the CL is not worth one? The achievement of winning at wembley is surely minor in relative terms, other than in financial terms? If we finished 4th and they wheeled out a trophy at the last game of the season, I guarantee that most people would stay behind to see the presentation and celebrate a huge achievement by the team.
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 11:43 - Aug 28 with 697 viewsElHoop

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 11:41 - Aug 28 by Bluce_Ree

I literally want to make a castle out of all the sand that just came out of your vagina.

You're too clever for me Blucey baby.
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 11:48 - Aug 28 with 687 viewsBluce_Ree

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 11:43 - Aug 28 by ElHoop

You're too clever for me Blucey baby.

That's why I nominate MYSELF to be the new manager.

I'll take Rob Green and Stefan Moore from the top row, Carol, and any other nine.

Thanks, Bluce. Your number is 40 points.

I managed 31, Carol. Piss.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 11:51 - Aug 28 with 670 viewsElHoop

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 11:41 - Aug 28 by Bluce_Ree

Is that what they call a Bluce Springclean?
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 12:03 - Aug 28 with 641 viewsJuzzie

Capital One Cup? - I care.

It is still to date the only major trophy we have won. (2nd Division, Championship & Play Off Finals are secondary). It's still the only major Cup where we have appeared in two finals.

Loads of PL clubs have been knocked out in the last two days, what a great opportunity to progress, get the feel-good factor in, get some wins under our belt, success breeds sucess and all that etc etc.

Despite the horror of the Final, I still remember the Milk Cup run in 1986 with pleasure. I went to all games bar Hull away and remember the games at Chelsea and at Liverpool.
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 12:36 - Aug 28 with 592 viewsYorkRanger

I saw about 30,000 Sunderland fans who cared about it at Wembley last year (and they lost).......
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 12:51 - Aug 28 with 573 viewssimmo

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 11:42 - Aug 28 by ElHoop

Seeing as I'm a Tw*t and you presumably are not, we are already poles apart.

'Promotion' to the Champions League is no different to any other promotion in this day and age. The rewards are irrelevant in my view, they are a by-product not the achievement itself. Why is the so called 'most valuable game in football' worth a trophy and promotion to the CL is not worth one? The achievement of winning at wembley is surely minor in relative terms, other than in financial terms? If we finished 4th and they wheeled out a trophy at the last game of the season, I guarantee that most people would stay behind to see the presentation and celebrate a huge achievement by the team.

I deleted that tw@t comment straight after I posted it.

The achievement of winning at Wembley remains the best day of my life when it comes to supporting QPR, it will be (possibly) bettered only by another win, at the same venue, in a domestic cup. So no, it's not 'minor, in relative terms'. I could give a FCK that it meant we made a lot of money from it.

The worst part of winning was that it meant we would be promoted to a league we could never win where our priorities are governed by Jim fckin White and the rest of the people that see the lower leagues as nothing more than a congealed mass of 72 unimportant paupers.

Finishing 4th is relative, for us in the premiership it would be a miracle and something we would and should celebrate as such, for Arsenal, it's the absolute bare minimum and should be considered as a BARE MINIMUM achievement for their season, and that's only because we have 4 qualification places. Neither should ever involve a trophy or presentation.

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 13:02 - Aug 28 with 552 viewsElHoop

It was a fantastic day whether or not we got a trophy or whether it's called an 'honour'. I don't think that it's an honour though in the strict sense of the word. Finishing 4th in the PL should be considered an honour given what it represents in terms for prestige/status. Compared to the Capital Cup, it would be a greater achievement. Achievement might as well be represented by a piece of metal, even if it's a play-off final. We'll just have to agree to differ, but I don't accept that my view is any less valid.
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 13:20 - Aug 28 with 526 viewsClive_Anderson

It's a great idea not caring about the cups.

Now all we need to do is concentrate on not caring about the league and we'll be laughing.
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 13:26 - Aug 28 with 520 viewsTheBlob

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 11:48 - Aug 28 by Bluce_Ree

That's why I nominate MYSELF to be the new manager.

I'll take Rob Green and Stefan Moore from the top row, Carol, and any other nine.

Thanks, Bluce. Your number is 40 points.

I managed 31, Carol. Piss.

Then you went and spoilt it Bluce.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 13:58 - Aug 28 with 492 viewsheadhoops

Who cares??

My kids for two. For 21 years and 17 respectively they've seen QPR be mainly sh1t. They have had to face endless p155 taking and cr@p from school mates yet have stuck with it. They went mental at the playoff final and the thought of returning to Wembley and winning a Cup competition would be priceless. When Harry named the team last night we felt cheated.

The flip side to all this is the FA. How come they kick up a stink if they believe you have fielded an under strength team in the Premiership yet couldn't give a sh1t about the Carling Cup?

We the fans deserve better. Redknapp is the manager - he needs to set the bar when it comes to:
Motivation
Commitment
Passion
Pride
and actually looking like he half interested.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 14:19 - Aug 28 with 465 viewsAntti_Heinola

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 11:17 - Aug 28 by BostonR

You have only been positive after the event. Before any of the signings you were doing your level best to berate everything about the club. You are good at sitting on the fence and when it suits you come on-side.

If you so despise what the Rs have become or will become, go and watch what you term real football in the lower leagues.

I love the way you raise my Luton Town post, which I will always stand by. At that time the football was rank at Rs. If I remember, I stated I was getting a pain in my neck from watching the ball getting hoofed by his team. Anyone who says that was a good time for the Rs, is blinkered beyond belief!

I have been a fan for over 45yrs and in that time football has changed hugely. I quite like the possibility that my team has a chance of competing in the PL and maybe developing over the next 4-5yrs. Yes, its a risk - all that can happen is that we end up broke and in League 2 which will make some of you happy.

Your argument sort of falls down a bit when we've been forced to watch some of the most turgid football since the late 90s under Redknapp, despite the biggest investment ever put into the club.
Olly worked within the means of what he had (still generous at league one level, of course). And he was also a manager who wanted the job. We never played much hoofball then anyway - pure exaggeration.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024