Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Capital Cup - Who Cares. 08:48 - Aug 28 with 3768 viewsBostonR

I certainly don't. Most premiership clubs treat this cup with disdain as evidenced by the number that have been knocked out. The Leicester City fans actually applauded the Shrewsbury team off the pitch after they had turned them over on Tues.

I feel for those fans that went to the game but we always lose cup games. The Premiership is where we need to put our resources and a win on Sat and the Burton game will be binned along with all the other cup defeats of the past years.

I can't imagine HR is happy with what happened and its a shame that after 3 games the "Arry out" brigade are out in force. Do we ever learn?
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 15:51 - Aug 28 with 442 viewsBostonR

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 14:19 - Aug 28 by Antti_Heinola

Your argument sort of falls down a bit when we've been forced to watch some of the most turgid football since the late 90s under Redknapp, despite the biggest investment ever put into the club.
Olly worked within the means of what he had (still generous at league one level, of course). And he was also a manager who wanted the job. We never played much hoofball then anyway - pure exaggeration.

Pure exaggeration - I do not think so. Hoof-ball was the main game-plan under Holloway for much of the time he was in charge. I shoudl know - I sat through most of the games.

As for HR, I agree, some of the football last season was not pleasing on the eye but he got us up. At least give the bloke a chance.
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 16:22 - Aug 28 with 414 viewsbarabajagal

I care, deeply. We must play to win every single game. I bet we'd all scramble for tickets if we made it to Wembley in the League cup.
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 16:57 - Aug 28 with 365 viewsLoft1979

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 10:36 - Aug 28 by ElHoop

Swansea were promoted in 2010/11 and went out in the 2nd round, lost 1-3 at Shrewsbury in 2011/12

Adding to Post above:
Sunderland...League cup finals very nearly relegated.
Hull FA cup final......and ended up whrere? 17th I believe..

Birmingham relegated while FA cup winners...still trying to recover
Wigan Likewise............
Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 17:12 - Aug 28 with 356 viewssimmo

Capital Cup - Who Cares. on 16:57 - Aug 28 by Loft1979

Adding to Post above:
Sunderland...League cup finals very nearly relegated.
Hull FA cup final......and ended up whrere? 17th I believe..

Birmingham relegated while FA cup winners...still trying to recover
Wigan Likewise............

We've had this before and I don't think you'll find a Wigan supporter that would trade their FA Cup day for a 17th placed finish that year.

Apart from anything else I don't see how that's a relevant stat. QPR finished 20th last time we were in the Premier legaue, and we got the fck out of both cups ASAP.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024