Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So... Rooney is the new England captain 14:15 - Aug 28 with 1719 viewsJigsore

I'm done with the national team, I really am

Our squad is supremely poor too

Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster (Southampton), Ben Foster (West Bromwich Albion), Joe Hart (Manchester City)

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Calum Chambers (Arsenal), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), John Stones (Everton)

Midfielders: Jack Colback (Newcastle United), Fabian Delph (Aston Villa), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), James Milner (Manchester City), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal) Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Andros Townsend (Tottenham Hotspur), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal)

Forwards: Rickie Lambert (Liverpool), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Danny Welbeck (Manchester United)

The worst thing is I don't disagree with most of that (except the classic choipce of Chambers simply because he is an Arsenal player. he's played lesss than 30 senior games in his career fgs). English football is just in such a terrible state right now.

I would rather complain and moan about how sh*t we are then have to watch these idiots swan around and lose to former Yugoslavian countries

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

So... Rooney is the new England captain on 15:09 - Aug 28 with 1671 viewsTacticalR

The great thing about Rooney is that he can bridge the gap between the older generation of failures and the newer generation of failures.

Air hostess clique

So... Rooney is the new England captain on 16:15 - Aug 28 with 1620 viewspaesanu

That's some imagination from the FA, thinking that English fans would love to see this money-grabbing over-rated over-hyped inspiring role-model represent them to lift a world cup.

Stinks of corporate influence.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

So... Rooney is the new England captain on 16:19 - Aug 28 with 1609 viewsrsonist

Take Rooney and Milner out of that and you're essentially talking about a lost decade of English football. There's those 31+ and then a crop 21 and lower, with sod all worthwhile in between.
So... Rooney is the new England captain on 16:58 - Aug 28 with 1563 viewsMatch82

One of the worst squads I remember seeing
So... Rooney is the new England captain on 17:03 - Aug 28 with 1551 viewsdanehoop

Just when was the last time you can say that you really cared about England football team?
Not something that I have got vaguely excited about for 5 years or more now.

Never knowingly understood

So... Rooney is the new England captain on 18:02 - Aug 28 with 1513 viewsrunningman75

The players play in the greatest league in the world!
So... Rooney is the new England captain on 18:38 - Aug 28 with 1483 viewsthemodfather

the same rooney who slagged fans off during the south africa world cup is now capt?
based on what?
i was hoping he'd retire, surely he knows he is not popular!
you won't see him chest pumping and giving our national anthem some passion....i was hoping after the last debacle at a world cup, the fa would clear house and start with the young guns...
So... Rooney is the new England captain on 19:52 - Aug 28 with 1420 viewsRangersDave

Noooooo jobs for the boys lads.

Play crap and get sent off in the WC and get feited by the press. Get a good manager and become a multi millionaire.

He was never ever going to leave his beloved Engerland, like, was eee?

The trouble is no one falls on their sword these days. There is no gentlemanly conduct, just excuses coming thicker and faster than a footballer in a Ferrari!

So, we keep the dross, and yes I'm referring to Rooney here, and still don't build a new team from scratch using players that aren't tainted by the FA old boys network!

Makes oi sick it does

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Login to get fewer ads

So... Rooney is the new England captain on 22:09 - Aug 28 with 1365 viewsbatmanhoop

be surprised if they half fill Wembley for this one. That World Cup was the final straw
So... Rooney is the new England captain on 23:35 - Aug 28 with 1322 viewsMatch82

So... Rooney is the new England captain on 16:19 - Aug 28 by rsonist

Take Rooney and Milner out of that and you're essentially talking about a lost decade of English football. There's those 31+ and then a crop 21 and lower, with sod all worthwhile in between.

Counter-thought:

The "golden generation", despite continued failure, were always the first name on the teamsheet for 10 years, and very rarely did younger players get a look in. Those younger players were not given the opportunity to develop to their full potential and therefore the generation was wasted.

Loses a bit of steam considering they could still have been playing with their clubs, but I do think it's true that we stuck with a lot of those players solely because of their names, rather than their actual performances.
So... Rooney is the new England captain on 03:32 - Aug 29 with 1278 viewsSonofNorfolt

Who else would you have chosen as captain?

Rooney is not far off a century of Caps, and if you give it enough thought, our only great footballer. Admittedly not lately, but mate, can he play, don't doubt it.
So... Rooney is the new England captain on 08:15 - Aug 29 with 1232 viewstimcocking

Always surprises me to hear so many people slating Rooney. Whatever anybodies' personal opinions of him, to say he isn't an excellent player is...well frankly, it's quite ludicrous. Only the English.
So... Rooney is the new England captain on 08:35 - Aug 29 with 1217 viewseasthertsr

So... Rooney is the new England captain on 08:15 - Aug 29 by timcocking

Always surprises me to hear so many people slating Rooney. Whatever anybodies' personal opinions of him, to say he isn't an excellent player is...well frankly, it's quite ludicrous. Only the English.

Could someone tell me when this 'great, world-class' player last had a good game for England? He may be good for Manure but his performances for England are woeful. When Sterling was moved out wide in the World Cup to accommodate him in the middle, England lost all their pace and invention.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2014 8:36]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024