Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Deadline Day 03:24 - Sep 1 with 49857 viewsdubaistu

Here it goes, lazy hacks or accurate reporting?..... - Edit - I have added to the list as the day goes on

Aaron Lennon
Jermaine Defoe
Sandro
Jeremain Lens
Ivan Strinic
Kolbeinn Sigthorsson
M'Baye Niang
Peter Crouch
Niko Kranjkar
Fabio Borini
[Post edited 1 Sep 2014 12:36]
Deadline Day on 20:30 - Sep 1 with 2320 views08olesen

Stunning no Borini! That would have been a terrible 10million.

Would much rather Defoe on a free. I reckon there will be a late buy as well

Poll: Who will the other play off

Deadline Day on 20:30 - Sep 1 with 2324 viewskropotkin41

Fernandes just really played down the chances of Borini coming. What happened about Sigthorsson?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Deadline Day on 20:31 - Sep 1 with 2313 viewsjamois

Ok so if Borini is off, then is Defoe the only remaining option? Can't we find someone younger? Defoe's main asset was that first yard of spark, a quick turn, an instant shot. When they hit 32 they tend to lose that.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Deadline Day on 20:32 - Sep 1 with 2292 viewsJigsore

Deadline Day on 20:24 - Sep 1 by adhoc_qpr

Borini is a very good player and was instrumental in Sunderland's survival last season - BUT for £10m and apparently big wages i'm not sure.

Also he isn't an out and out striker, he's an outside forward/winger like Vargas. Certainly not capable of replacing Austin for any long stretches.

Sadly we clearly didn't have a plan for if Remy left and have flailed around to buy anyone who is available...

can't blame Harry really, its not like the possible departure of Remy and an £8m clause has been on the agenda for the entire transfer window.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Deadline Day on 20:36 - Sep 1 with 2199 viewsjamois

Actually, now i'm a bit hacked off. We never thought Remy would stay from the close season, apart from about 3 weeks of dreaming. We've been linked with dozens of strikers over the past few months. And now, at the 11th hour, has it really come down to Jermain Defoe? Really? Nobody else, no irons in the fire? No Helguson2 from Ajax? No pacy Frenchies with interesting names? It's all gone a bit tits up let's face it.

Deadline Day on 20:39 - Sep 1 with 2123 viewsloftboy

Niko it is then

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Deadline Day on 20:40 - Sep 1 with 2086 viewskysersosaqpr

Talkbo.locks reporting Toronto stating Defoe staying with them! It's Rhodes / Deeney time? Only a couple of hours to sort it out - no problem!

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Deadline Day on 20:40 - Sep 1 with 2076 viewsSpiritofGregory

Deadline Day on 20:39 - Sep 1 by loftboy

Niko it is then

Looks like he's lost a few stone.
Login to get fewer ads

Deadline Day on 20:40 - Sep 1 with 2058 viewsqueensparker

Deadline Day on 20:36 - Sep 1 by jamois

Actually, now i'm a bit hacked off. We never thought Remy would stay from the close season, apart from about 3 weeks of dreaming. We've been linked with dozens of strikers over the past few months. And now, at the 11th hour, has it really come down to Jermain Defoe? Really? Nobody else, no irons in the fire? No Helguson2 from Ajax? No pacy Frenchies with interesting names? It's all gone a bit tits up let's face it.

F--k it, we've got Vargas, Charlie, Zamora, Taarabt and at a push Phillips and Fer as a kind of Santos option.

To be honest the more I listen to this transfer window on Radio 5 bollox the more I'm in favour of sticking with that lot up front until Jan and getting a bit of a siege mentality going. F--king ridiculous money swimming around, knuckle-dragging Arsenal fans phoning into the radio DEMANDING their club spunk a hospital's budget on a centre forward, agents tucking away hundreds of grand for a phone call, it's making me sick
[Post edited 1 Sep 2014 21:26]
Deadline Day on 20:40 - Sep 1 with 2056 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Not annoyed with Niko, he has certainly slimmed down, wants to play, cheap, proven, and has good technique. We need depth in the squad, might as well

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Deadline Day on 20:43 - Sep 1 with 1974 viewsdaveB

If we end up with Defoe, Sandro and Niko and don't sell Ned and Phillips then it's been a very good window for us
Deadline Day on 20:45 - Sep 1 with 1926 viewsjamois

Deadline Day on 20:40 - Sep 1 by queensparker

F--k it, we've got Vargas, Charlie, Zamora, Taarabt and at a push Phillips and Fer as a kind of Santos option.

To be honest the more I listen to this transfer window on Radio 5 bollox the more I'm in favour of sticking with that lot up front until Jan and getting a bit of a siege mentality going. F--king ridiculous money swimming around, knuckle-dragging Arsenal fans phoning into the radio DEMANDING their club spunk a hospital's budget on a centre forward, agents tucking away hundreds of grand for a phone call, it's making me sick
[Post edited 1 Sep 2014 21:26]

Despite my rant I have to say I totally agree with you. Thing is, we haggle like crazy for months with someone like Sighortsson or Deeney and then deadline day makes all that haggling look cheap and pointless - you just know they're going to have to pay way over the odds to get anyone in now. Why not just swallow the extra 5k a week or whatever the sticking point is early doors and just get it done.

Deadline Day on 20:48 - Sep 1 with 1863 viewsjamois

These two comments on BBC Sport now...

BBC Radio 5 live football reporter John Southall: Niko Kranjcar just arrived at Loftus Road. On loan here last season.

Come on Niko Kranjcar. Have some self respect. You can't be Harry Redknapp's 2am booty call forever. It feels wrong...

Deadline Day on 20:49 - Sep 1 with 1834 viewsNathanNI

I hate deadline day, everything that is wrong in the game.

BUT...

I'm quite glad the Borini deal fell through, too much money for him.

Niko, if fit, could certainly do a job, if I am honest I am not too clued up on Sandro.
Deadline Day on 20:49 - Sep 1 with 1828 viewsGloucs_R

Annoyed that we have left buying a striker to the last minute but maybe we thought Remy would actually stay. If we can get Defoe I would be pleased, proven goal scorer.

Defoe, Niko and Sandro.....three quality squad additions.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Deadline Day on 20:50 - Sep 1 with 1797 viewsDiscodroid

christ nailed to a cross....... defoe and kranjcr?? ffs

Is it worth it?
A new winter coat and shoes for the wife
And a bicycle on the boy's birthday,
It's just a rumor that was spread around town
By the skysports hacks
Soon we'll be shipbuilding( again).

when we should be diving for younger pearls.

terrible terrible crap.

i bet the competiton for niko has been intense, jesus christ ,back to the rothman year book 2007/8.

running around like cnts again picking up the bruised fruit at the bottom.

[Post edited 1 Sep 2014 20:56]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Deadline Day on 20:52 - Sep 1 with 1757 viewskysersosaqpr

Talk of Ceck joining just after signing the young reading keeper and Green playing best I've seen for us so far this season. How many keepers do we need? Green to become someone's goalie bitch again?

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Deadline Day on 20:53 - Sep 1 with 1734 viewsGloucs_R

Deadline Day on 20:50 - Sep 1 by Discodroid

christ nailed to a cross....... defoe and kranjcr?? ffs

Is it worth it?
A new winter coat and shoes for the wife
And a bicycle on the boy's birthday,
It's just a rumor that was spread around town
By the skysports hacks
Soon we'll be shipbuilding( again).

when we should be diving for younger pearls.

terrible terrible crap.

i bet the competiton for niko has been intense, jesus christ ,back to the rothman year book 2007/8.

running around like cnts again picking up the bruised fruit at the bottom.

[Post edited 1 Sep 2014 20:56]

Good balance of ages in the squad if you ask me.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Deadline Day on 20:53 - Sep 1 with 1725 viewsQPR1882

Deadline Day on 20:49 - Sep 1 by Gloucs_R

Annoyed that we have left buying a striker to the last minute but maybe we thought Remy would actually stay. If we can get Defoe I would be pleased, proven goal scorer.

Defoe, Niko and Sandro.....three quality squad additions.

We do like buying injured players
Deadline Day on 20:56 - Sep 1 with 1655 viewsVancouverHoop

Deadline Day on 20:40 - Sep 1 by kysersosaqpr

Talkbo.locks reporting Toronto stating Defoe staying with them! It's Rhodes / Deeney time? Only a couple of hours to sort it out - no problem!

That's what TSN (probably the most reliable source on this side of the pond) was saying half an hour ago.

Frankly I doubt he'll stay now. He's injured until at least the end of the month. MLS ends in October. Toronto FC is currently like the Nazi funboys' clubhouse at the end of Breaking Bad– a smouldering ruin. He'll either go now or in January. Today makes more sense all round.
Deadline Day on 20:58 - Sep 1 with 1596 viewsadhoc_qpr

Interesting that both Borini and Cleverly have priced themselves out of moves with outrageous wage demands - could football clubs finally be learning a lesson about inflated wages?

Or more likely, are the players to egotistical to leave big clubs for QPR and Villa...
Deadline Day on 20:58 - Sep 1 with 1592 viewsEsgaroth

Can we still get a striker on loan after the window "slams" shut or have we reached our limit?

Been here since 1984. Now THAT is what you call punishment

Deadline Day on 20:59 - Sep 1 with 1591 viewsMarc

Devastated that Niko is returning.

And now we will probably have to put up with the spurs supporting bunny boiler.
Deadline Day on 21:00 - Sep 1 with 1559 viewsSpiritofGregory

We need a fu*%ing striker Rangers!!!!
Deadline Day on 21:01 - Sep 1 with 1538 viewsloftboy

Deadline Day on 20:59 - Sep 1 by Marc

Devastated that Niko is returning.

And now we will probably have to put up with the spurs supporting bunny boiler.

She's ok.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024