Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parking at Stanstead Airport -- any advice? 14:40 - Sep 1 with 4694 viewsLblock

I've never been there and need to be there for 6.30am in two Fridays time.

Cab costs will probably be sky high from Ealing so wondering what the parking situation is like around there and if when you book to park it's "on airport"???

Any advice gratefully accepted

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Parking at Stanstead Airport -- any advice? on 14:45 - Sep 1 with 4689 viewsstowmarketrange

Try money supermarket.com and look at airport parking.the long stay at Stanstead isn't that far away,but you should at least 30mins to the terminal.
Parking at Stanstead Airport -- any advice? on 14:52 - Sep 1 with 4676 viewstonyQPR

I always do, meet and greet at stanstead the parking is right next to departures and costs about 15 quid more which is better than messing about with shuttle buses 8 miles away, in my opinion
Parking at Stanstead Airport -- any advice? on 16:15 - Sep 1 with 4614 viewsMrNITK

Paid £70 for long stay car park for 2 weeks. Nice and easy, recognised the car reg at the barrier, took a ticket which I used on the way out. Bus picked us up straight away (quite lucky) and the bus journey was roughly 10 mins. Bus picks you up just outside arrivals. I'm an idiot and even I found it straight forward.
Parking at Stanstead Airport -- any advice? on 16:22 - Sep 1 with 4595 viewsjamois

I just came through there. Did 12 days with purple parking. You drop off right in front and they have the vehicle ready for you on return. simply pick the keys up at the desk. It was a good n easy service, it's right in front of the airport, no buses, no fannying around and it's decent value.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Parking at Stanstead Airport -- any advice? on 16:22 - Sep 1 with 4594 viewsstowmarketrange

Parking at Stanstead Airport -- any advice? on 16:15 - Sep 1 by MrNITK

Paid £70 for long stay car park for 2 weeks. Nice and easy, recognised the car reg at the barrier, took a ticket which I used on the way out. Bus picked us up straight away (quite lucky) and the bus journey was roughly 10 mins. Bus picks you up just outside arrivals. I'm an idiot and even I found it straight forward.

Did you book it online before you left?It is always cheaper that way.
Parking at Stanstead Airport -- any advice? on 16:46 - Sep 1 with 4556 viewsShotKneesHoop

Go by train, station is right by the airport.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Parking at Stanstead Airport -- any advice? on 16:46 - Sep 1 with 4553 viewsGeorge2Santos

I just did long stay and booked online through easjet. £40 for 6 days, really easy. My advice though is make sure your car door is properly shut when you leave because when we got back my battery was flat from the interior light being on. Luckily they have the AA based at the car park.

Oh and leave plenty of time because stansted security takes forever.
Parking at Stanstead Airport -- any advice? on 16:47 - Sep 1 with 4550 viewsrunningman75

I managed to stay at the Premier Inn Stanstead for 29 quid so stayed there the night before and got the coach from Finchley Road.
Login to get fewer ads

Parking at Stanstead Airport -- any advice? on 16:48 - Sep 1 with 4546 viewsMrNITK

Parking at Stanstead Airport -- any advice? on 16:22 - Sep 1 by stowmarketrange

Did you book it online before you left?It is always cheaper that way.

No. I did say I was an idiot! 😉
Parking at Stanstead Airport -- any advice? on 16:56 - Sep 1 with 4534 viewsessextaxiboy

i drive passengers to the airports for a living , but when i go from Stansted I have used Purple Parking "park and refresh "

They run it from the Hilton , you park in the car park there (park ) , have a coffee in reception(refresh !!) and they bus you in. The system is very slick .

They E mailed me a few days ago with a 25% offer Discount code to use E284W .

They are all miles away from the terminal , closer to Bishops Stortford !!

How long are you away for? , they do have a mid stay car park .on the Mcdonalds roundabout
[Post edited 1 Sep 2014 17:08]
Parking at Stanstead Airport -- any advice? on 17:33 - Sep 1 with 4490 viewsJalfrezi_Rs

Ive used Purple Parking, 24hrs and the shuttle buses run every 20 mins. Been happy with them

There are cheaper options, but they will be miles away from airpost, or not 24hrs or the shuttle buses aint that regular
Parking at Stanstead Airport -- any advice? on 17:52 - Sep 1 with 4474 viewsted_hendrix

We use Stanstead a couple of times a year, we use Valet Parking-drive up through the barrier-unload your stuff and they'll take your car away and you walk straight into the terminal, the added bonus of Valet Parking is they give you a voucher which allows you to go through the 'express' customs control which is a godsend especially at 6.30 on a Friday when Stanstead is heaving.
When you come back walk down the ramp-pick your keys up and go.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Parking at Stanstead Airport -- any advice? on 18:03 - Sep 1 with 4460 views1MoreBrightonR

i did the valet once because it was actually the same price as the normal car park. it was amazing to land and have your car waiting in front of the terminal for you! found the valet at money supermarket i think or one of the comparison sites.

otherwise i've stayed in the days in bishop stortford for maybe £35.
Parking at Stanstead Airport -- any advice? on 19:27 - Sep 1 with 4407 viewsLblock

Thanks all.

I'm going to go for the valet job.
I hope they don't mind parking a van!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Parking at Stanstead Airport -- any advice? on 19:42 - Sep 1 with 4394 viewstonyQPR

Took my 4x4 pick last time and will be in 2 weeks no probs at all
Parking at Stanstead Airport -- any advice? on 20:01 - Sep 1 with 4382 viewsstowmarketrange

On a similar theme.I have to get to Heathrow by 9am on the day of the Stoke game,and I'm away for a week.The cheapest option seems to be the train at £60 return from Stowmarket.Unless someone knows better?
Parking at Stanstead Airport -- any advice? on 20:09 - Sep 1 with 4364 viewsantoknee64

http://www.premierinn.com/en/parkAndFly.action

Arrive night before breakfast,10mins airport shuttle bus included and parking,i squeezed family of 4 in double room was great deal.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2014 20:15]
Parking at Stanstead Airport -- any advice? on 20:09 - Sep 1 with 4362 viewssuperhoop67

going Stanstead Saturday Purple valet parking straight into Terminal no waiting £53 for 7days
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024