Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kranjcar interview 23:25 - Sep 1 with 15459 viewsDunstable_hoop

We go on about the "right sort" and players wanting to play for the shirt. Tell you what I got a buzz watching Niko's interview. He looks lean, speaks intelligently, talks about the play-off final like I do as a fan and sounded like he has genuinely caught the bug.

Also speaks really highly of the character of Sandro which bodes well. I'll take no striker if the attitude and application of these two are spot on!
Kranjcar interview on 11:46 - Sep 2 with 2959 viewspaulparker

Kranjcar interview on 11:35 - Sep 2 by 18StoneOfHoop

Good thread,good debate..
opinions split like marmite..
great impassioned well-argued post by Antii.

In his 31 appearances for us last season he had 4 stand-out games. His imperious debut v Boro at home - (unlike Barton his Hollywood passes actually reach a team-mate's feet) - which I freely admit flattered to deceive. Millwall away,Ipswich away and Wigan in the p-o's home. That for me in glass half-full mode is the positive proof of potential I look at ..whilst others will say not good enough and look at the ineffective,off-the-pace not fully fit role with only 2 goals from a lot of shots he put in in the other 27 apps.

Just think he was class,can be class again,fitter this season fingers crossed,only 30. As he so rightly says himself he has something to prove in the Premier.

We'll see.

By the way is Ravel on the WHU sub's bench? Or is he in suspended limbo waiting on his court appearance for those dreadful allegations? Without them, stuff Niko I would have taken Morrison like a shot.

Sorry 18 stone as a father to a teenage daughter I wouldn't want that piece of filth at our club,
we now have 4 months to make Adel see sense , get him fit and get him back to his best
with some good fitness coaching and a arm round the shoulder (copyright Arry)
we can have a player who on his day would be unplayable , so sod Ravel

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Kranjcar interview on 13:56 - Sep 2 with 2849 viewssimmo

He will be a squad player and give us an option as someone with a bit of creativity and guile. No problem at all with this signing as someone as part of the 25 to come in when required, especially on a 3rd of his previous wages. He probably won't make the bench when Taarabt etc is available, but could be good for us in a pinch and in the dressing room/trainig pitch too.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Kranjcar interview on 14:05 - Sep 2 with 2819 viewsDiscodroid

at the very least he can teach our young urban black players how to dance the quadrille next time they are out on the town with their bredrin on the hunt for bitch chicks.

take it to the bridge muddyfunster.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2014 14:27]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Kranjcar interview on 18:35 - Sep 2 with 2753 viewsTacticalR

Let us not forget that when we went down last year Kranjčar joined us in our fight while Messrs Taarabt, Granero, Mbia and Rémy headed for the hills.

Air hostess clique

Kranjcar interview on 19:55 - Sep 2 with 2699 viewsWestonsuperR

Kranjcar interview on 10:01 - Sep 2 by Antti_Heinola

I'm sure niko is an absolutely lovely gent, and my, my, isn't he handsome?

But the idea that somehow he'll be better in a faster, tougher league than he was in an easier one, where his contribution all season was negligible barring the odd flash of genius or one of those GORGEOUS crossfield passes that are the outfield equivalent of a goalie leaping exaggeratedly to catch an easy one for the photographers. For most of last season he couldn't even get in our first XI that struggled for goals almost the whole year.

I'm all for the right sorts, but they have to actually be useful too, otherwise you might as well play Disco up front. I'm sure he'd give his all, and he's a lovely bloke, and all the girls think he's so cute.

This is the FOURTH time Harry has signed him on deadline day. The fourth time. For a player who was desperate to leave and sign for us and for a manager who clearly loves to sign him, why on earth did it take this long? Any ideas? Why's Harry so keen to sign him on transfer deadline day? Beats me.

He's started 60 games in 5 years. But yes, NOW is the time he'll really show his class!

i don't think I've ever known a player who pulls so much wool over so many eyes. He was a warrior in that play off semi... but only after he'd had to watch the game pass him by for the first half as he did nothing in the no.10 role and then got embarrassingly bypassed by Wigan when he played left mid. I have no idea where on earth he'll play or how he'll get in the side. Just because a player is free, doesn't mean he's a good signing.

A signing that stinks, for me.

but, on a positive note, I think Sandro could be a superb signing. Really pleased about that one and the Diarra deal falling through. H done well there.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2014 10:05]

Perfectly put.

So we sign a player that struggled to get into and certainly make an impact in an inferior team last season. One of the selling points to the fans is he is now apparently much fitter, some how hard to believe that he has dramictally improved his fitness in the closed season. I am going to take a guess that he may be on around 20k a week (could be more of course), when you add on extras, loan fee, appearances etc we will probably be paying the best part of 1 million to have Nico mostly sat on the bench because I really don't see how he will start.

Overall a very poor and unnecessary signing.
Kranjcar interview on 20:04 - Sep 2 with 2687 viewsandygg

Shut up the lot of you.

I just want to hear the Niko Charlie song again.
Kranjcar interview on 21:36 - Sep 2 with 2629 viewsPommyhoop

Kranjcar interview on 20:04 - Sep 2 by andygg

Shut up the lot of you.

I just want to hear the Niko Charlie song again.

Is it considered 'bad form' to include Niko in the song if he's only on the bench?
Might be construed by H as a call from the crowd to bring 'the powdered one' on.
Could be a DOH! moment...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Kranjcar interview on 21:54 - Sep 2 with 2603 viewsDunstable_hoop

Kranjcar interview on 18:35 - Sep 2 by TacticalR

Let us not forget that when we went down last year Kranjčar joined us in our fight while Messrs Taarabt, Granero, Mbia and Rémy headed for the hills.

This is essentially the point I was making.

It's not whether Niko is a PL standard player, because all of the above are undeniably PL standard players. What I'm saying is that successful teams are built on attitude and application. Having players such as Krancjar and Sandro, presuming they don't just speak a good game, is far more desirable than the type of player we've signed in the past, and could have signed in Borini.

You have to understand just how fortunate we were to bounce back last season. If any other club had invested the resources we had in our 2 PL seasons you would call them an abject failure if they did not return straight away. We escaped that by the skin of our teeth. Signing good players with awful attitudes is what got us to that stage. That's why I'm impressed we appear to be settling on decent players with better attitudes. It allows us to become a more stable club should we suffer relegation again (which inevitably we will at some point).
Login to get fewer ads

Kranjcar interview on 22:24 - Sep 2 with 2567 viewsPunteR

I thought Kranjcar was disappointing last season but that's just one season,maybe he'll do better this season. Get his fitness back and he's a good player on the pitch and a good pro off it.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Kranjcar interview on 10:24 - Sep 3 with 2469 viewsTacticalR

Austin did it again! On the latest Open All R's he goes on and on about Kranjčar and lists him as the player he'd most like us to sign before the window closes.

So not only has he taken in the fans, he's taken in the players!

Thank God we have some knowledgeable fans who can see through the whole Kranjčar charade!

Air hostess clique

Kranjcar interview on 10:26 - Sep 3 with 2462 viewssimmo

Some of you need to check your footballing priorities.

Kranjcar has all the handsomes. That should be enough.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2014 10:26]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Kranjcar interview on 10:38 - Sep 3 with 2435 viewsDiscodroids

Kranjcar interview on 10:24 - Sep 3 by TacticalR

Austin did it again! On the latest Open All R's he goes on and on about Kranjčar and lists him as the player he'd most like us to sign before the window closes.

Thank God we have some knowledgeable fans who can see through the whole Kranjčar charade!

thank god we got some fans who can spell this elite member of the dandy clubs name correctly .

its a nice touch.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Kranjcar interview on 10:39 - Sep 3 with 2436 viewsNorthernr

Hopefully we'll keep him away from the Monster Munch this time.
Kranjcar interview on 10:41 - Sep 3 with 2428 viewsJamie

Kranjcar interview on 10:39 - Sep 3 by Northernr

Hopefully we'll keep him away from the Monster Munch this time.

The deal took so long to complete whilst the club hid Diakite's haribo stash.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2014 10:41]
Kranjcar interview on 12:01 - Sep 3 with 2380 viewsAntti_Heinola

Kranjcar interview on 10:24 - Sep 3 by TacticalR

Maybe Charlie thinks if he's nice to him then he might actually give him a decent through ball every now and again? ;)

Bare bones.

Kranjcar interview on 12:20 - Sep 3 with 2150 viewsClive_Anderson

I'm sure he's a lovely chap and talks a great interview, but really all that matters is what you do on the pitch and after last season I'm not entirely convinced.
Kranjcar interview on 12:38 - Sep 3 with 2128 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Kranjcar interview on 10:41 - Sep 3 by Jamie

The deal took so long to complete whilst the club hid Diakite's haribo stash.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2014 10:41]

Nah Samba was on the blue Smarties and Space Dust
[Post edited 3 Sep 2014 12:39]
Kranjcar interview on 12:41 - Sep 3 with 2110 viewsRangersAreBack

I suspect he's been brought in to provide cover for midfield and an option in the hole (given our lack of strikers). Time will tell if he proves to be a useful addition but I'm pleased to see he's addressed the key criticism I had of him last season; his weight. Makes a pleasant change to see a player arrive from the summer in better shape. Adel take note!
Kranjcar interview on 12:43 - Sep 3 with 2107 viewsDiscodroids

Kranjcar interview on 12:20 - Sep 3 by Clive_Anderson

I'm sure he's a lovely chap and talks a great interview, but really all that matters is what you do on the pitch and after last season I'm not entirely convinced.

wait till you seem him in the muted pallette of his morning dress clive, he will blend in w12 like the chamelon akin lord bryon at a husker du gig.

just how does niko achieve that muscular body , yet at the same time gamine qualites to his chestnut brown locks......castile soaps??

(sigh).. i have so much to learn....
[Post edited 3 Sep 2014 12:57]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Kranjcar interview on 15:08 - Sep 3 with 2043 viewsPommyhoop

Kranjcar interview on 12:41 - Sep 3 by RangersAreBack

I suspect he's been brought in to provide cover for midfield and an option in the hole (given our lack of strikers). Time will tell if he proves to be a useful addition but I'm pleased to see he's addressed the key criticism I had of him last season; his weight. Makes a pleasant change to see a player arrive from the summer in better shape. Adel take note!

''an option in the hole''

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024