Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Rivals 00:08 - Sep 2 with 2259 viewsLOTR

So the window has now closed, we've brought in two midfielders, both premiership quality, giving us(on paper) one of the strongest midfields in the bottom half of the league.

The talk will be of Welbeck and Falcao but let's have a think of who our rivals for relegation have brought in this window.

Palace Doyle and Zaha
Hull have got a few decent players in
Leicester?
Burnley?
Sunderland?
West Ham?
West Brom?

Now I've put question marks as I don't know who they've brought in(hard living over in Australia) if anyone can fill in or add other teams we should be able to get an idea of where we all sit.
Our Rivals on 00:18 - Sep 2 with 2211 viewsadhoc_qpr

Off the top of my head:

Hull seem to have done great business - Diame, Livermore and Huddlestone very solid midfield. Hernandez, Ramirez and Ben Arfa adding flair. Not sure about Dawson though, seems past it.

Palace have done OK - Mcarthur from Wigan is a good midfielder, Fryers to fill their void at leftback, Zaha in too.

Leicester got Simpson and Cambiasso - again pretty solid players to add to their general solidity.

Burnley got Chalobah in on loan which could be a steal.

Sunderland got Ricky Alvarez from Inter which seems great business (if he settles) and Sebastian Coates who i've never rated other than his goal against us.

West Ham got Amalfitano and Song to replace Diame - so probably stronger overall. Sakho could be a sleeper hit striker, not sure about Enner Valencia though, scream world cup one hit wonder...

Apparently WBA signed more players than anyone else, but i can't think of any except the random Nigerian striker called Brown Ideye who nobody seems to know much about.
Our Rivals on 00:21 - Sep 2 with 2199 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Our Rivals on 00:18 - Sep 2 by adhoc_qpr

Off the top of my head:

Hull seem to have done great business - Diame, Livermore and Huddlestone very solid midfield. Hernandez, Ramirez and Ben Arfa adding flair. Not sure about Dawson though, seems past it.

Palace have done OK - Mcarthur from Wigan is a good midfielder, Fryers to fill their void at leftback, Zaha in too.

Leicester got Simpson and Cambiasso - again pretty solid players to add to their general solidity.

Burnley got Chalobah in on loan which could be a steal.

Sunderland got Ricky Alvarez from Inter which seems great business (if he settles) and Sebastian Coates who i've never rated other than his goal against us.

West Ham got Amalfitano and Song to replace Diame - so probably stronger overall. Sakho could be a sleeper hit striker, not sure about Enner Valencia though, scream world cup one hit wonder...

Apparently WBA signed more players than anyone else, but i can't think of any except the random Nigerian striker called Brown Ideye who nobody seems to know much about.

Burnley got George Boyd as well didn't they?
Our Rivals on 00:24 - Sep 2 with 2178 viewsJigsore

do Southampton count? their business has been very impressive frankly, they've actually got a better team than last year

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Our Rivals on 01:36 - Sep 2 with 2097 viewsMarc

Burnley have signed the brother of our kid will keane, the defender Michael on a season long loan.
Our Rivals on 04:40 - Sep 2 with 1979 viewsQPR_ARG

WBA added talented Argie midfielder Sebastian Blanco. Who was happy to get a fat check in Ukraine but was then desperate to flee due to the country's situation.

Has a history with injuries and is your typical Argie playmaker. Short, quick, good shot, eye for a pass. Good football brain. I really liked him when he was making a name for himself at Lanus (ARG 1st Division).
Our Rivals on 06:31 - Sep 2 with 1860 viewstimcocking

So we didn't sign a striker in the end? If Charlie gets injured, we could really be screwed. Same goes with Isla. And left back? Hmmm. Honestly can't see room for Kranjcar anywhere. Happy with Sandro IF he stays fit, but no question strength in depth at full back and striker a big worry.

I think all of our signings are good, just that we still need full backs and a striker.

When Harry said 'it never even entered my head Remy would leave', was he lying or stupid?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024