Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
we really needed a striker!! 00:16 - Sep 2 with 9870 viewsconnell10

I know it's a no shit sherlock statement but we really did need to sign another striker!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

we really needed a striker!! on 00:21 - Sep 2 with 6195 viewsadhoc_qpr

Agreed, it was so obvious what would happen with Remy too!

We need to pray that Charlie stays fit and the midfielders pitch in with a few goals (Hoillett, Phillips, Mutch and Fer all capable).

Lack of strikers will probably put paid to the 3-5-2 but that doesn't seem to be a bad thing!
we really needed a striker!! on 00:25 - Sep 2 with 6176 viewsjamois

Someone, DanRanger I think, corrected me earlier in that Vargas is an out n out striker, had played the central role a lot in his career. Can't be bothered to look it up now but if this is the case let's hope he's used properly by Harry. I still think we should have signed someone weeks ago and that the money we were haggling over would have looked cheap today. Hull, Swansea, Southampton, they all managed to get someone in. So should we have. Anyway, still the best frickin squad we've had in ages.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

we really needed a striker!! on 00:29 - Sep 2 with 6163 viewssdm1508

I'm hoping we will be ok to January at least. It sounds like we will then go for Defoe again. This could be a timely signing and be a good shot in the arm for the second part of the season.
we really needed a striker!! on 00:35 - Sep 2 with 6137 viewsJigsore

if Vargas can do the biz then i'm not too worried. Phillips, Hoilett and even Traore can all be used as wide forwards.

i would love it if players could stop randomly dematerialising from the club at random. At least Vargas has an excuse but where the heck is Yun

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

we really needed a striker!! on 00:38 - Sep 2 with 6117 viewsMarc

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonas_Gon%C3%A7alves_Oliveira

Free agent
we really needed a striker!! on 07:25 - Sep 2 with 5889 viewsDesertBoot

We have midfielders now with an eye for goal which should ease the pressure on our strikers.

Wish I could be like David Watts

we really needed a striker!! on 07:46 - Sep 2 with 5822 viewsSpiritofGregory

Bottom line is that we need a striker, the most vital position in the team. I always knew that Remy staying was a long shot however, I never thought that we wouldn't replace him. This is down to having a non existent scouting system and a lack of planning. You can dress it up as much as you like, not finding a suitable replacement for Remy has made survival a more difficult task. In relation to signing Defoe in January, I hope we will look at other options because whilst I would of gladly taken him last night, I fully expect the club to from now until January to search for a younger more affordable choice. This attitude of 'we'll just go back for him in January' is a dangerous strategy. What if he's injured, what if a bigger club comes in for him?
we really needed a striker!! on 07:59 - Sep 2 with 5760 viewsGloucs_R

Yes, we did but we also needed to send out a message which said "only come here if you want to play for the hoops and not for money"

Borini at £10m plus £90k a week would have set this board into orbit.

Who knows with money Sigthorsson wanted to join.

Personally I would have had Doyle back for 6 months on loan.

We didnt rush it, havent spent silly money and have 3 strikers in Austin, Vargas and Zamora plus Phillips, Hoillet,, Niko and Adel who can play up front if we get really stuck.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Login to get fewer ads

we really needed a striker!! on 08:03 - Sep 2 with 5745 viewsActonOccident

Of the four players we were trying to get over the line yesterday, three were Redknapp's old boys. What exactly are the scouts doing? Was Sigthorsson the only target they identified? It's not as if we need a top level striker to supplement what we have now either. I'd have expected them to sniff out someone to come in behind Austin and Vargas in the pecking order. They were offering Borini 58k a week? Why not head out and bring in someone functional - some Boothroyd or DJ Campbell character - for half that. Or swoop lower and bring in the likes of Stevie May or Nahki Wells?
we really needed a striker!! on 08:04 - Sep 2 with 5743 viewsBostonR

I have a feeling a certain Mr Tarabt may come into the frame. TF seemed confident that Adel is going no-where. This will be interesting to watch. Tarabt as a No10 alongside Vargas would be great to watch!
we really needed a striker!! on 08:06 - Sep 2 with 5727 viewsElHoop

we really needed a striker!! on 07:59 - Sep 2 by Gloucs_R

Yes, we did but we also needed to send out a message which said "only come here if you want to play for the hoops and not for money"

We didnt rush it, havent spent silly money and have 3 strikers in Austin, Vargas and Zamora plus Phillips, Hoillet,, Niko and Adel who can play up front if we get really stuck.

Precisely, we had to demonstrate that we have a pay structure into which new signings have to fit. If that was the deal with say Rio then it had to be the deal with everyone. It's no good people moaning aobut the size of the club's 'debt' and then moaning about the lack of signings in some positions, when it might just be that the one is connected to the other. If we'd have loaned a load of duff strikers like we did last January then that wouldn't have been any good either. Sometimes you just can't win if you run a football club.

Hopefully injuries won't cripple our strike force before the next window, but if that does happen then we'll just have to get on with it.

I think that they've done a pretty decent job in this window. Not perfect but good enough to demonstrate that we're no longer a pushover on or off the pitch.
we really needed a striker!! on 08:09 - Sep 2 with 5705 viewsSpiritofGregory

we really needed a striker!! on 07:59 - Sep 2 by Gloucs_R

I haven't a problem with turning down mercenaries like Borini what I can't understand is why we don't have a scouting system that can identify targets in advance, we all knew deep down that Remy would bolt out the door before the window shut.
we really needed a striker!! on 08:10 - Sep 2 with 5706 viewsNortholt_Rs

we really needed a striker!! on 08:03 - Sep 2 by ActonOccident

Of the four players we were trying to get over the line yesterday, three were Redknapp's old boys. What exactly are the scouts doing? Was Sigthorsson the only target they identified? It's not as if we need a top level striker to supplement what we have now either. I'd have expected them to sniff out someone to come in behind Austin and Vargas in the pecking order. They were offering Borini 58k a week? Why not head out and bring in someone functional - some Boothroyd or DJ Campbell character - for half that. Or swoop lower and bring in the likes of Stevie May or Nahki Wells?

Er.....because those characters didn't score any goals for us perhaps?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

we really needed a striker!! on 08:13 - Sep 2 with 5691 viewsconnell10

i think lack of goals will be our undoing, cant really see charlie and bobby staying fit and injury free until january!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

we really needed a striker!! on 08:14 - Sep 2 with 5681 viewsYorkRanger

we really needed a striker!! on 08:09 - Sep 2 by SpiritofGregory

I haven't a problem with turning down mercenaries like Borini what I can't understand is why we don't have a scouting system that can identify targets in advance, we all knew deep down that Remy would bolt out the door before the window shut.

Shock news - SOG is critical of the club.

Its so boring. There is always something wrong.....
we really needed a striker!! on 08:17 - Sep 2 with 5667 viewsSpiritofGregory

we really needed a striker!! on 08:06 - Sep 2 by ElHoop

Precisely, we had to demonstrate that we have a pay structure into which new signings have to fit. If that was the deal with say Rio then it had to be the deal with everyone. It's no good people moaning aobut the size of the club's 'debt' and then moaning about the lack of signings in some positions, when it might just be that the one is connected to the other. If we'd have loaned a load of duff strikers like we did last January then that wouldn't have been any good either. Sometimes you just can't win if you run a football club.

Hopefully injuries won't cripple our strike force before the next window, but if that does happen then we'll just have to get on with it.

I think that they've done a pretty decent job in this window. Not perfect but good enough to demonstrate that we're no longer a pushover on or off the pitch.

A lack of planning and having a crap scouting network will always lead to us chasing players like Borini. Why not find out in advance what his weekly wage demands are before wasting hours trying to convince him to accept 30k less? Why not ask the Moscow club the status of Diarra's contract before wasting time on him and then missing out on Diame?
we really needed a striker!! on 08:18 - Sep 2 with 5661 viewsYorkRanger

we really needed a striker!! on 08:17 - Sep 2 by SpiritofGregory

A lack of planning and having a crap scouting network will always lead to us chasing players like Borini. Why not find out in advance what his weekly wage demands are before wasting hours trying to convince him to accept 30k less? Why not ask the Moscow club the status of Diarra's contract before wasting time on him and then missing out on Diame?

You have no knowledge of why the deals broke down.
we really needed a striker!! on 08:19 - Sep 2 with 5656 viewswgchoop

Wouldn't rule out a free agent coming in yet,Harry knows we are light up front but agree would have been madness giving borini £90,000 a week . So I expect Harry's little black book of agents being used to sniff out an out of contract striker.
we really needed a striker!! on 08:20 - Sep 2 with 5648 viewsSpiritofGregory

we really needed a striker!! on 08:14 - Sep 2 by YorkRanger

Shock news - SOG is critical of the club.

Its so boring. There is always something wrong.....

There's no point diverting the issue - we need another striker!
we really needed a striker!! on 08:22 - Sep 2 with 5632 viewsActonOccident

we really needed a striker!! on 08:10 - Sep 2 by Northolt_Rs

Er.....because those characters didn't score any goals for us perhaps?

Indeed, but that far down the pecking order just coming on and providing a body has value, instead of flogging the likes of Charlie and Zamora to death. You never know, they might actually be in the right place and right time like Hitchcock was.
we really needed a striker!! on 08:23 - Sep 2 with 5628 viewsElHoop

we really needed a striker!! on 08:17 - Sep 2 by SpiritofGregory

Given that the play-off final took place on 24th May, I don't think that we've done too bad at all in fact.
we really needed a striker!! on 08:26 - Sep 2 with 5617 viewsdanehoop

Jesus, dont you ever give it a rest. I started to wonder if you are equally as negative as you are on here as you are in everything else that you do in life. Then I started thinking perhaps its heriditary, or maybe its something that you marry in to. Bet you are the life and soul of parties.

Never knowingly understood

we really needed a striker!! on 08:28 - Sep 2 with 5604 viewsSpiritofGregory

we really needed a striker!! on 08:18 - Sep 2 by YorkRanger

You have no knowledge of why the deals broke down.

Were you not watching last night. Toronto didn't want to let Defoe go, Diarra hasn't signed for another club which suggest that the Moscow club are in control, and Borini wanted much more money than we were prepared to pay. Wasted time due to poor planning.
we really needed a striker!! on 08:31 - Sep 2 with 5593 viewsSpiritofGregory

we really needed a striker!! on 08:23 - Sep 2 by ElHoop

Given that the play-off final took place on 24th May, I don't think that we've done too bad at all in fact.

There should have been a contingency plan set prior to the play off final.
we really needed a striker!! on 08:33 - Sep 2 with 5588 viewsessextaxiboy

We could re sign Andy Johnson for 6 months . He would only be 4th choice . Surely he could stay fit to do that job .Then sign Defoe in Jan .
[Post edited 2 Sep 2014 8:35]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024