Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
pc help 17:56 - Sep 2 with 926 viewsenfieldargh

my notebook froze up so I had to shut it down by using power button.

I restarted but hit the START in SAFE MODE in error.

Now I cant get the bloody thing out of safe mode. Have restarted three times and always end up in safe mode. This has happened before but I've never experienced safe mode keep occurring

Any advice please?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

pc help on 18:01 - Sep 2 with 905 viewsbosh67

Have you tried switching it off and on again?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I am a Mac man so not too sure on PCs but once it is started in safe mode then I reckon if you can go into system preferences or even find system preferences you should be able to switch it back to regular mode and then reboot. This is however a Mac man thinking aloud for a PC man.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

pc help on 18:06 - Sep 2 with 897 viewsSomersetHoops

If its not Win 8 you can press F8 before windows starts and you should get the startup options including start Windows normally.

If its Windows 8 have a look at this link and follow the instructions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-including-

Who's Next?

pc help on 18:06 - Sep 2 with 895 viewsenfieldargh

pc help on 18:01 - Sep 2 by bosh67

Have you tried switching it off and on again?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I am a Mac man so not too sure on PCs but once it is started in safe mode then I reckon if you can go into system preferences or even find system preferences you should be able to switch it back to regular mode and then reboot. This is however a Mac man thinking aloud for a PC man.

cheers bosh I did turn off and on several times

What do you wear under your mac?

captains fantastic

pc help on 21:23 - Sep 2 with 754 viewsgr1

Easy option is to activate restore point.

Restore computer to a previous date when it was working fine.
pc help on 22:43 - Sep 2 with 688 viewsenfieldargh

thanks for your input chaps, working fine now

captains fantastic

pc help on 22:58 - Sep 2 with 670 viewswombat

So how many of the Jennifer Lawrence pics did u see before the missus walked in resulting. In the PC problems ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

pc help on 08:39 - Sep 3 with 597 viewsenfieldargh

pc help on 22:58 - Sep 2 by wombat

So how many of the Jennifer Lawrence pics did u see before the missus walked in resulting. In the PC problems ?

I wish...I was trying to attach an important document to an email when it went tits up....I can assure you I would rather it have been tits dangling

captains fantastic

pc help on 08:48 - Sep 3 with 581 viewsMetallica_Hoop

pc help on 18:06 - Sep 2 by SomersetHoops

If its not Win 8 you can press F8 before windows starts and you should get the startup options including start Windows normally.

If its Windows 8 have a look at this link and follow the instructions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-including-

Sooooo glad I paid £50 extra for windows7.

Windows 9 better be like xp,7, 97,95 even Vista.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Login to get fewer ads

pc help on 08:57 - Sep 3 with 570 viewsToast_R

All this business about being a Mac Man, Windows Man ZX Sinclair Atari Neo Geo Game Gear Man...

What a load of old Pony.

You can have it all and don't have to be attached to some kind of make belief brotherhood.
I use Windows for somethings, MacBook for others, a PS3, an Android phone and an iPod touch. Horses for courses my friends.
pc help on 09:25 - Sep 3 with 554 viewsSomersetHoops

pc help on 08:48 - Sep 3 by Metallica_Hoop

Sooooo glad I paid £50 extra for windows7.

Windows 9 better be like xp,7, 97,95 even Vista.

I don't think we will see Win 9 until next autumn - even then since Dos days nobody in their right mind went for Microsoft's first issue OS software. It has always been best to wait a few months for them to iron out the bugs, so I might be looking to update in spring 2016 if it looks worth it. Win 7 is pretty good, but Windows 8 on the desktop is a dog, so I stick to Win 7 but I'm getting on fine with Win 8 on my phone.

Who's Next?

pc help on 10:02 - Sep 3 with 526 viewsMetallica_Hoop

pc help on 09:25 - Sep 3 by SomersetHoops

I don't think we will see Win 9 until next autumn - even then since Dos days nobody in their right mind went for Microsoft's first issue OS software. It has always been best to wait a few months for them to iron out the bugs, so I might be looking to update in spring 2016 if it looks worth it. Win 7 is pretty good, but Windows 8 on the desktop is a dog, so I stick to Win 7 but I'm getting on fine with Win 8 on my phone.

Yeah I've got a windows phone and its bearable, tried Flickr which uses 8 on the desktop what a palava. They need to realise most with desktops are not kids who want gadgets.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

pc help on 10:58 - Sep 3 with 477 viewshoof_hearted

Avoid any references to age, colour, religion, race or sex.

That pc enough for you?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024