Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the transfer window fair? 20:49 - Sep 2 with 1063 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

It's bad enough that clubs like Chelsea and City (and us on a smaller scale) can buy success as it is, let alone giving them two opportunities during a live season to do it.

Would be much fairer if ALL transfers IN of any kind (loan/permanant/free) are done between the last game of one season and the first game of the next. There can be no accusation of reaction buying and clubs will be encouraged to work on what they have sensibly and not be able to purchase their failings away just because they have more cash then the next team. Players should also be happier because it leaves them in a stable position for at least 9 months.

Also, might rid us of this ridiculous circus we go through every January.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2014 20:50]
Is the transfer window fair? on 20:56 - Sep 2 with 1045 viewsMatch82

Counter-argument is that it would encourage (even more) hoarding of talent by the biggest clubs, to cover themselves from injury risks.

However, I do think that it's ridiculous to have the transfer window 3 games into the season. Either allow transfers completely until January, or make the cut-off point before the first game of the season.
Is the transfer window fair? on 21:08 - Sep 2 with 1007 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Is the transfer window fair? on 20:56 - Sep 2 by Match82

Counter-argument is that it would encourage (even more) hoarding of talent by the biggest clubs, to cover themselves from injury risks.

However, I do think that it's ridiculous to have the transfer window 3 games into the season. Either allow transfers completely until January, or make the cut-off point before the first game of the season.

Would go for the latter. If there was no transfer window and just constant allowance to buy players I think the money spent and the amount brought would go completely insane and to an extent ruin the excitement of football. Man City, Chelsea, all the big clubs would always win because if one gets injured they could just buy another massive player. Just stick the transfer window between last game and first game, and give you January, everything then would be fine

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Is the transfer window fair? on 21:09 - Sep 2 with 1009 viewsDylanP

I suppose the reason that the window closes after the season starts is that if you start the season and only then realize that your new strategy isn't working, you have time to make a course correction.

The flip side is starting each season without your final team and having to bed-in players during a season. With 7 new players in, most of whom are likely to be starters, we are yet again in the situation of gelling on the fly, which is frustrating (although the phrase "Gelliing on the Fly" is going to be the name of my next album!)

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Is the transfer window fair? on 11:47 - Sep 3 with 820 viewstimcocking

It' blatantly sh!t.
Is the transfer window fair? on 11:55 - Sep 3 with 805 viewsfrancisbowles

Apologies if this has been done recently but the loan system (loaning out) is really being abused by the big clubs. They are using it as an additional revenue stream. Hoarding players and charging millions in loan fees.

It's time a limit on the number of loans out or a banning of loan fees and the owning club still paying the salary was introduced. This would have to be done by Uefa/Fifa as the practice is all over Europe and probably the Americas as well.
Is the transfer window fair? on 12:36 - Sep 3 with 777 viewspaulparker

Is the transfer window fair? on 11:55 - Sep 3 by francisbowles

Apologies if this has been done recently but the loan system (loaning out) is really being abused by the big clubs. They are using it as an additional revenue stream. Hoarding players and charging millions in loan fees.

It's time a limit on the number of loans out or a banning of loan fees and the owning club still paying the salary was introduced. This would have to be done by Uefa/Fifa as the practice is all over Europe and probably the Americas as well.

This

how the fcuk are Chelsea getting away with loaning 26 yes 26 players to clubs all over Europe, players like Mcreacren,Chalobah, Kautka have had about 6 loan clubs already and are yet to start more than 5 games for Chelsea , dead right the clubs who are loaning should keep on paying the wages ,
the whole thing Is a farce to suit the big clubs now,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Is the transfer window fair? on 12:47 - Sep 3 with 771 viewsClive_Anderson

Just put a salary cap in and it will solve all these problems.
Is the transfer window fair? on 12:55 - Sep 3 with 754 viewsdaveB

transfer window should shut on August 1st, ridiculous that you play 3 games with one team and then the rest with a new one.
Login to get fewer ads

Is the transfer window fair? on 14:26 - Sep 3 with 698 viewssaxbend

Is the transfer window fair? on 12:36 - Sep 3 by paulparker

This

how the fcuk are Chelsea getting away with loaning 26 yes 26 players to clubs all over Europe, players like Mcreacren,Chalobah, Kautka have had about 6 loan clubs already and are yet to start more than 5 games for Chelsea , dead right the clubs who are loaning should keep on paying the wages ,

Also you shouldn't be allowed to loan to clubs in the same division. Players get hoarded to stop main rivals having theb and then get their experience by playing against tge rivals of the parent club but not the parent club, giving further unfair advantage. It also denies clubs in other divisions the opportunity to play these players and offer them first team football.
Is the transfer window fair? on 14:30 - Sep 3 with 692 viewsTacticalR

Is the transfer window fair? on 12:36 - Sep 3 by paulparker

This

Chelsea got bored with waiting for Greg Dyke to shut down English football and decided to use the rest of Europe as their reserve league.

Air hostess clique

Is the transfer window fair? on 14:57 - Sep 3 with 671 viewsDANRANGER

The Chelsea thing is ridiculous and must be looked at. anyone know how many of those players are now over 21? By that stage they should be playing for the club who own them and clearly they are not classed as good enough for Chelsea and at least half would probably make it in the top flight had they progressed at another club willing to give them 1st team football. Probably earning too much to transfer to a Championship club and Chelsea don't want to risk them being too good for someone else so their career suffers but Chelsea don't give a f*ck.

This is one of the reasons the England team is poor (albeit quite a few are foreign). Chelsea aren't the only ones to blame but the biggest culprit. We have done it with Jack Robinson!! Liverpool, with the Belgian lad, 10m to only go and loan him back for a season. Ridiculous.
Is the transfer window fair? on 15:29 - Sep 3 with 649 viewsJuzzie

Even though I've been going to QPR for over 30 years, I've forgotten what happened before the summer/Januray transfer windows!

There wasn't any was there? Players could be bought and sold at any point?

Though nowadays the way clubs are so conniving it wouldn't suprise me if a team floundering in/just outside the relegation zone bought half a dozen players not being used at the likes of Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool etc around February then sold them back to them again in May once relegation avoided.
Is the transfer window fair? on 15:36 - Sep 3 with 631 viewsRangersw12

Is the transfer window fair? on 15:29 - Sep 3 by Juzzie

Even though I've been going to QPR for over 30 years, I've forgotten what happened before the summer/Januray transfer windows!

There wasn't any was there? Players could be bought and sold at any point?

Though nowadays the way clubs are so conniving it wouldn't suprise me if a team floundering in/just outside the relegation zone bought half a dozen players not being used at the likes of Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool etc around February then sold them back to them again in May once relegation avoided.

I seem to remember transfer deadline day was around March time back in the 90's
Is the transfer window fair? on 15:47 - Sep 3 with 613 viewspaulparker

Is the transfer window fair? on 15:36 - Sep 3 by Rangersw12

I seem to remember transfer deadline day was around March time back in the 90's

i remember that & all you had to keep you up to date was good old Ceefax
(page 302 for Sport)
best ever bit of business we ever done was selling Dean Coney to Norwich for 500k and buying Andy Sinton from Brentford for 250k,
Ahhh those were the days

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Is the transfer window fair? on 17:08 - Sep 3 with 569 viewsJuzzie

Is the transfer window fair? on 15:47 - Sep 3 by paulparker

i remember that & all you had to keep you up to date was good old Ceefax
(page 302 for Sport)
best ever bit of business we ever done was selling Dean Coney to Norwich for 500k and buying Andy Sinton from Brentford for 250k,
Ahhh those were the days

Page 302! ahhhh, that brings back memories!
Is the transfer window fair? on 17:32 - Sep 3 with 547 viewsAntti_Heinola

Is the transfer window fair? on 12:55 - Sep 3 by daveB

transfer window should shut on August 1st, ridiculous that you play 3 games with one team and then the rest with a new one.

but not all leagues start at the same time, dave.

Bare bones.

Is the transfer window fair? on 17:47 - Sep 3 with 525 viewsJamie

Is the transfer window fair? on 17:32 - Sep 3 by Antti_Heinola

but not all leagues start at the same time, dave.

Not all transfer windows shut on the same day though, Russia is still open for example.
Is the transfer window fair? on 20:09 - Sep 3 with 468 viewsStanisgod

Is the transfer window fair? on 14:57 - Sep 3 by DANRANGER

The Chelsea thing is ridiculous and must be looked at. anyone know how many of those players are now over 21? By that stage they should be playing for the club who own them and clearly they are not classed as good enough for Chelsea and at least half would probably make it in the top flight had they progressed at another club willing to give them 1st team football. Probably earning too much to transfer to a Championship club and Chelsea don't want to risk them being too good for someone else so their career suffers but Chelsea don't give a f*ck.

This is one of the reasons the England team is poor (albeit quite a few are foreign). Chelsea aren't the only ones to blame but the biggest culprit. We have done it with Jack Robinson!! Liverpool, with the Belgian lad, 10m to only go and loan him back for a season. Ridiculous.

Totally agree! Although to be fair, you also have to blame the players in the first place.
Why go somewhere you know you have little chance of playing ever.
If my grandson was good enough in the future I would say steer clear of them no matter what money, get to Southampton or someone like that.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Is the transfer window fair? on 21:17 - Sep 3 with 443 viewsfrancisbowles

Someone just mentioned on another thread that the scum have only 20 players in their squad? They loaned so many out they can't name 25! They must be raking it in at 1 or 2 million a year each. (for most of them).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024