Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR Forum 'tarts' 22:12 - Sep 5 with 8430 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Just reading through that thread of what .org thinks of us made me realise I am a bit of a forum tart. Are there others on here who regularly post on several forums or are you all loyal to LFW?
QPR Forum 'tarts' on 16:10 - Sep 6 with 1663 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Here and once in a blue moon on Finney's.

This is the best for new music

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

QPR Forum 'tarts' on 16:42 - Sep 6 with 1636 viewsheadhoops

Only post on this site and do so because of the wide range of opinions and content. Because of work I don't post as much as I would like but for me being a part of LFW somehow enhances that QPR addiction.
Clive is a wonderful journo, moderator and reporter and I say that as a publisher not an ar£e licker.
Not certain I have ever met anyone knowingly so would suggest a loftforwords pre match get together - let's elect Disco as head of beverages and Jamie can provide a comedian.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

QPR Forum 'tarts' on 20:33 - Sep 6 with 1569 viewsTacticalR

QPR Forum 'tarts' on 14:20 - Sep 6 by barabajagal

There used to be an e-mail group known affectionately as 'the list'. It was moderated by Barb out of Oxford Brooks University. Was on that for years and met up with some excellent folks through that. Does it still exist? Left it in 2007. Now I just post here. Usually late at night after beer, hence the often garbled political anger.

I used to post on there too until 2005. I think it migrated from Oxford Brooks to somewhere else and then finally migrated to yahoo as the 'qprfc' group.

Air hostess clique

QPR Forum 'tarts' on 20:41 - Sep 6 with 1559 viewsscot1963

strictly a lfw tart (met Blob on here ). And made a few new (facebook) friends. I started reading Clive's write ups and then realised there was a forum about a year later. As Ted says some good posters have come and gone and they were a really good laugh when I joined 3 or 4 years ago so it's changed over time but always a laugh somewhere and lots of informative stuff
QPR Forum 'tarts' on 20:46 - Sep 6 with 1546 viewsRoller

QPR Forum 'tarts' on 11:04 - Sep 6 by CroydonCaptJack

I am on here, watrb and not606. Funny thing happened last week after the game. I was on a train back from Victoria to East Croydon and I sat down next to a bloke. He must have seen my Stan Bowles T shirt as he asked what I had thought of the game. We continued chatting about all things QPR and moved on to the topic of forums and it turned out he was one of the two moderators from not606. We had conversed in the virtual world but here we were talking for real. It then turned out we had some common clients in business as well. Talk about small world.

That was weird CCJ, but it was good to meet you. Just as strange was that during the match I discovered that my new seat is next to Connell! Small world.

Apart from the never ending battle to keep Not606 within the realms of decency, I post on Report, occasionally here and even more occasionally on Indy R's.
QPR Forum 'tarts' on 20:49 - Sep 6 with 1536 viewsBrightonhoop

Posted on here since way back, before Ingham and then Clive took over, cant remember the blokes name who ran it but he went off to run a new board. This one was always the best. Never posted anywhere else, used to occasionally check in on LSA and Report but never posted from memory.

Fantasy Island as enough to put me off others.
QPR Forum 'tarts' on 20:59 - Sep 6 with 1521 viewsAlbRanger

QPR Forum 'tarts' on 20:49 - Sep 6 by Brightonhoop

Posted on here since way back, before Ingham and then Clive took over, cant remember the blokes name who ran it but he went off to run a new board. This one was always the best. Never posted anywhere else, used to occasionally check in on LSA and Report but never posted from memory.

Fantasy Island as enough to put me off others.

Do you mean Ron and Simon who now run QPRNet?

Remember Ingham's stint in charge well
QPR Forum 'tarts' on 00:41 - Sep 7 with 1436 viewsBrightonhoop

QPR Forum 'tarts' on 20:59 - Sep 6 by AlbRanger

Them were the days. Ingham wiped the floor with them. Seems wotsisname from Fantasy Island is about.

Fiesty old days that's for sure. Who was the bloke in the background demanding Seb was brought from Argentina? Whilst contributing fck all and slating all others. Who was he? Never posts these days.

LSA was quality.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR Forum 'tarts' on 00:52 - Sep 7 with 1432 viewshoopstilidie

Used to post regularly on the old offy forum. Dipped a toe into a couple of others but found this under it's old incarnation and have remained with it since.
Tend to avoid it when we lose, there are some properly negative posters who choose those moments to stick their heads over the parapet and I can't be bothered reading their crap.
I've had my moments on here but I've mellowed and I now try to avoid confrontation, I'm too long in the tooth for keyboard wars. WATRB? It's run by a bloke that thinks sex with children is ok, so I'm out. I assume he's still lording it on there anyway, no desire to go and find out.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2014 0:54]

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

QPR Forum 'tarts' on 04:17 - Sep 7 with 1410 viewsFredManRave

QPR Forum 'tarts' on 14:20 - Sep 6 by barabajagal

There used to be an e-mail group known affectionately as 'the list'. It was moderated by Barb out of Oxford Brooks University. Was on that for years and met up with some excellent folks through that. Does it still exist? Left it in 2007. Now I just post here. Usually late at night after beer, hence the often garbled political anger.

Ah yeah, the qprlist. There defintiely were some "excellent folks" on there. Was on there from 1996 but then left in about 2000 and have only done the forum thing since being away from home. When you live far away it becomes an essential part of being able to keep up to date with all things Rangers and all the other stuff that's going on back home.

Addicted.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

QPR Forum 'tarts' on 04:41 - Sep 7 with 1403 viewsTrance_Trousers

Rivals........The ultimate, bar none

Having your own French 3rd division teams forum to just a hand full of long gone posters, all to our selves....Happy days.

Once you`ve had black you never go back.........

QPR Forum 'tarts' on 08:15 - Sep 7 with 1368 viewswood_hoop

QPR Forum 'tarts' on 20:59 - Sep 6 by AlbRanger

I was boring all back then as well, used to go to the Bush Ranger and meet up with quite a few, Varc, E17Hoop, Ingham ,Ron Gould Road Dog ,good old Smiffy to name but a few, even remember a few of us arranging a night at Walthamstow dogs one night, was there when Seb came over, lots of water under the bridge since then but have stuck to this forum and seen the changes in both admin and posters.

Sort of place that grows on you, Clive is first class journo,his reports are the only ones I bother reading on our matches, admin is never easy and Clive and his team keep just about the right balance, since his arrival the board has maintained an excellent place to keep informed of all things QPR and so many other things that digress completely from just the football talk, all the better for it imo,
QPR Forum 'tarts' on 14:25 - Sep 13 with 1276 viewsTacticalR

I can look at other forums if I want to.

Air hostess clique

QPR Forum 'tarts' on 15:22 - Sep 13 with 1255 viewsloftboy

Anyone remember a poster called Sarflondon hoop who then became watcherofthegame, probably the most self righteous pompous prick you would ever hear from, rumour had it he ended up doing time.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2014 17:00]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

QPR Forum 'tarts' on 17:40 - Sep 13 with 1203 viewswood_hoop

QPR Forum 'tarts' on 15:22 - Sep 13 by loftboy

Anyone remember a poster called Sarflondon hoop who then became watcherofthegame, probably the most self righteous pompous prick you would ever hear from, rumour had it he ended up doing time.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2014 17:00]

yep sort of, wasn't he one of those that had little hissy fits, flounce off vowing never to post again but turn up in different guises a lttle while later.

Remember the board in its old guise, of the Brentford lot and the two boards arranging matches between the posters, the nice bunch of 'Pilgrims' regularly posting and meeting up with a few at the Bush Ranger when they were playing at LR.

Even Maceo ? who seemed almost a Walter Mitty charecter with tales of life in the 'barreo' of Watford, a few of his mates also paying us a visit from 'the dark side'

Invasions of other club's boards was another regular event, quite childish the majority of the time but occasionaly could be humorous and winding up the oppo fans so much that WW111 was almost declared.
QPR Forum 'tarts' on 19:18 - Sep 13 with 1120 viewsloftboy

QPR Forum 'tarts' on 17:40 - Sep 13 by wood_hoop

yep sort of, wasn't he one of those that had little hissy fits, flounce off vowing never to post again but turn up in different guises a lttle while later.

Remember the board in its old guise, of the Brentford lot and the two boards arranging matches between the posters, the nice bunch of 'Pilgrims' regularly posting and meeting up with a few at the Bush Ranger when they were playing at LR.

Even Maceo ? who seemed almost a Walter Mitty charecter with tales of life in the 'barreo' of Watford, a few of his mates also paying us a visit from 'the dark side'

Invasions of other club's boards was another regular event, quite childish the majority of the time but occasionaly could be humorous and winding up the oppo fans so much that WW111 was almost declared.

I got banned from the Reading Rivals board, there was a poster called Big Mick so I posted a picture up an obese naked bloke lying pissed in the road and told them all it was him.

QPR Forum 'tarts' on 19:20 - Sep 13 with 1120 viewsloftboy

Also spent an entire afternoon rowing with a Brenford fan called beardy Jeff all because I dared call Luton Lutonistan.

QPR Forum 'tarts' on 19:24 - Sep 13 with 1120 viewsTrom

Started off with Libby and Adams weekly emails. That evolved into RIvals and I'm still here.

Read everyday but don't get a lot of time to post.
QPR Forum 'tarts' on 19:30 - Sep 13 with 1113 viewsloftboy

QPR Forum 'tarts' on 19:24 - Sep 13 by Trom

Started off with Libby and Adams weekly emails. That evolved into RIvals and I'm still here.

Read everyday but don't get a lot of time to post.

That's right there surname was Magrill wasn't it?

QPR Forum 'tarts' on 20:53 - Sep 13 with 1077 viewsbarabajagal

QPR Forum 'tarts' on 04:17 - Sep 7 by FredManRave

Ah yeah, the qprlist. There defintiely were some "excellent folks" on there. Was on there from 1996 but then left in about 2000 and have only done the forum thing since being away from home. When you live far away it becomes an essential part of being able to keep up to date with all things Rangers and all the other stuff that's going on back home.

Addicted.

Addicted too, but I need there to be a function where the forum recognises when I've more than eight pints of Dark Star. I do post some absolute twaddle when I'm drunk.
QPR Forum 'tarts' on 22:32 - Sep 13 with 1029 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Opps edit "Anyone remember a poster called Sarflondon hoop who then became watcherofthegame, probably the most self righteous pompous prick you would ever hear from, rumour had it he ended up doing time. "

I remember him.

God that takes me back.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2014 22:33]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

QPR Forum 'tarts' on 22:49 - Sep 13 with 1019 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

QPR Forum 'tarts' on 17:40 - Sep 13 by wood_hoop

Ah man makes me miss Rivals! As was mentioned on the Seb thread about the love in with Plymouth, GreenGob and co. It was cool to be able to stroll over and have a laugh on BigWatfordLove etc.

And Maceo! Oh how I've missed that person! Some real gems there! What about MBartos? Is she (I think?) ever heard of?
QPR Forum 'tarts' on 11:38 - Sep 14 with 935 viewsIngham

Some great discussions on this site, one recently about the new ground was beyond mere praise. People drift about over the years, and it's nice to hear wood hoop and brighton (he'll remember me asking him in all innocence where he was from) calling to mind some of the old regulars on here, and the Bees and the Plymouth boys and Seb.

Amazing how vigorous the sites are, and their capacity for survival. If our managers and board members could work that out, they might last a bit longer than a few months or a few years.

We're the secret, I think, and the Club could learn a lot from the independent-mindedness and insight as well as the loyalty you get here. The occasional dust-ups and bloody-mindedness that spill over are really all part of the fun, and with great moderators like Clive, Mac at QPR Report and Paul and Steve over at IndyRs, it works.

Keeping up is another matter. Can't tell you how many times I've lost track of a thread, especially when there are quite a few with similar titles and subjects.
QPR Forum 'tarts' on 13:04 - Sep 14 with 901 viewswelwynranger

Only on here
QPR Forum 'tarts' on 15:21 - Sep 14 with 861 viewsFFC1

QPR Forum 'tarts' on 14:37 - Sep 6 by Snipper

First got a computer back in early 2002. I only look & post on this board and it's earlier guises.

I've only got 861 posts to my name since this one started, so I'm not a heavy poster at all. I'm more of a lurker. Lol

Same. This is the only website I've used since getting a computer back in 2002. Did accidentally click on google maps the other day- sorry Clive
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024