Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Fixing: Does Anyone Believe It Goes On In England? 14:50 - Sep 7 with 1384 viewsDylanP

Mores the question, does anyone believe it doesn't?

I mean, given the huge amount of money involved in the sport these days, it seems crazy to think that there is no fixing or corruption in English football.

Reading the Fail's article on the subject, that all seems minor and sensationalist, but I just can't imagine that someone isn't fixing things somewhere.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/football/article-2746254/SCANDAL-OF-MATCH-FI
[Post edited 18 Sep 2014 16:40]

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Mach Fixing: Does Anyone Believe It Goes On In England? on 14:59 - Sep 7 with 1362 viewsTacticalR

ThaiHoop's request that we not get beaten by more than three or more goals in our next game certainly raised suspicions...
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/124226/1557738/coc

Air hostess clique

Mach Fixing: Does Anyone Believe It Goes On In England? on 15:37 - Sep 7 with 1332 viewsisawqpratwcity

don't forget bruce grobelaar. i didn't know anything about the trials (not covered much down here). but i do remember him being agonisingly inconsistent: making stunning saves then letting one in through his legs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Grobbelaar#Match-fixing_allegations

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Mach Fixing: Does Anyone Believe It Goes On In England? on 15:40 - Sep 7 with 1329 viewsloftboy

Mach Fixing: Does Anyone Believe It Goes On In England? on 15:37 - Sep 7 by isawqpratwcity

don't forget bruce grobelaar. i didn't know anything about the trials (not covered much down here). but i do remember him being agonisingly inconsistent: making stunning saves then letting one in through his legs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Grobbelaar#Match-fixing_allegations

I remember him on Boxing Day 1990 throwing the equaliser for us into his own net.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Mach Fixing: Does Anyone Believe It Goes On In England? on 19:06 - Sep 7 with 1226 viewsessextaxiboy

The day it is proved in the league we are playing in will be it for me . I wont bother again .
Mach Fixing: Does Anyone Believe It Goes On In England? on 20:01 - Sep 7 with 1170 viewsTacticalR

Does the biggest teams buying all the best players count as match fixing?

Air hostess clique

Mach Fixing: Does Anyone Believe It Goes On In England? on 22:46 - Sep 7 with 1067 viewsToast_R

My dad was adamant Fashanu was guilty. He used to go watch Wimbledon when they were at Plough Lane and one particular game against Sheffield United (when Vinnie Jones was at United) he gave away a penalty for a handball in the WImbledon box. The game 1-1 in the second half he did it again, blatant as you like but the ref missed it. He said at the time it was the most bizarre thing. A few years later it the allegations came out.

Was it 1994, Wimbledon were beating Everton 2-0 at half time and Everton were heading to Division 1 for the first time in years? They cam back to win 3-2 in the second half, the winner was a pea roller Hans Segers seemed to purposely avoid.
Mach Fixing: Does Anyone Believe It Goes On In England? on 11:46 - Sep 8 with 936 viewsTonto

it does happen, but isn't rife I would say.

that 6-0 against Palace to keep us up was always dodgey. Kevin Miller was appalling, except for the penalty save...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Mach Fixing: Does Anyone Believe It Goes On In England? on 11:55 - Sep 8 with 925 viewsCiderwithRsie

Mach Fixing: Does Anyone Believe It Goes On In England? on 11:46 - Sep 8 by Tonto

it does happen, but isn't rife I would say.

that 6-0 against Palace to keep us up was always dodgey. Kevin Miller was appalling, except for the penalty save...

What the hell would we have bribed them with, given that next season we were buying Stuart Wardley from Saffron Walden as a 1st teamer, and we were insolvent within 12 months? I doubt even Palace would throw a match for the sake of a load of deleted Genesis CDs from the Chrysalis Records warehouse.
Login to get fewer ads

Mach Fixing: Does Anyone Believe It Goes On In England? on 12:06 - Sep 8 with 915 viewssimmo

I am not saying it's not a worthy cause for discussion, but there seems to be far too many Daily Fail links on this forum recently.

I know it might be minor to other people but where possible can we find alternative reports/sources on stories so we can avoid directing traffic to those utter cnts.

I also think match fixing, especially now with the introduction of 'inplay' and with markets as detailed as corners, minutes of first bookings etc, is defintiely going on at some level. It would be naive to think we are above that kind of thing with so much money knocking about, especially in the lower and less scrutinized leagues.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Mach Fixing: Does Anyone Believe It Goes On In England? on 18:12 - Sep 8 with 832 viewswood_hoop

Mach Fixing: Does Anyone Believe It Goes On In England? on 12:06 - Sep 8 by simmo

I am not saying it's not a worthy cause for discussion, but there seems to be far too many Daily Fail links on this forum recently.

I know it might be minor to other people but where possible can we find alternative reports/sources on stories so we can avoid directing traffic to those utter cnts.

I also think match fixing, especially now with the introduction of 'inplay' and with markets as detailed as corners, minutes of first bookings etc, is defintiely going on at some level. It would be naive to think we are above that kind of thing with so much money knocking about, especially in the lower and less scrutinized leagues.

There have been a few cases come to light, nearly all in lower divisions and semi-pro games, just not easy to prove, I think its more the evidence is of the players with the offerings of bribes than factual evidence of them taking them and it being proven.

The wide range of bets now available means their are opportunities to make money without actually throwing the match, yellow cards, corners, throw ins etc, the bookies seem to invent all these weird and wonderful wagers to get even more into their already suffed satchels.

Thre are some massive bets coming in from the Far East syndicates/gangsters, £10k is a nice sum for a lowly player not earning much more than the average wage to do a few 'naughtys' in a game, sure if you search the net there is info other than the Daily Rags put out occasionally.
Mach Fixing: Does Anyone Believe It Goes On In England? on 18:32 - Sep 8 with 819 viewskysersosaqpr

Mach Fixing: Does Anyone Believe It Goes On In England? on 12:06 - Sep 8 by simmo

Gotta agree - daily mail is pure sh.te.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Mach Fixing: Does Anyone Believe It Goes On In England? on 21:31 - Sep 8 with 751 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"I know it might be minor to other people but where possible can we find alternative reports/sources on stories so we can avoid directing traffic to those utter cnts."

Yep. Agreed.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mach Fixing: Does Anyone Believe It Goes On In England? on 19:43 - Sep 17 with 578 viewsDylanP

Would you consider this a more reliable source for football scandals?

http://www.aljazeera.com/sport/football/2013/12/match-fixing-scandal-rocks-engli

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Mach Fixing: Does Anyone Believe It Goes On In England? on 20:11 - Sep 17 with 548 viewskensalriser

Mach fixing used to go on in England but then they decommissioned Concorde.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Mach Fixing: Does Anyone Believe It Goes On In England? on 20:20 - Sep 17 with 543 viewsEalingRanger

It's not match fixing but there was something very dodgy about the way Shaun Derry would smack every kick off for an opposition throw at HQ a few years back. He did it every game!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024