Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can't decide if this is entirely a good thing or a bad thing 19:29 - Sep 8 with 3578 viewsJackoBoostardo

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29109481

Just hope if the league cathches on, like they have done with a few other things, that it doesn't slow the game down or dumb it down!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Can't decide if this is entirely a good thing or a bad thing on 19:39 - Sep 8 with 3519 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Maybe if it was just for penalties it could work

Maybe I'm just saying that because we've been hardly done by the last couple of years
Reckon we could challenge too for deliberate dives etc

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Can't decide if this is entirely a good thing or a bad thing on 19:44 - Sep 8 with 3491 viewsJackoBoostardo

Can't decide if this is entirely a good thing or a bad thing on 19:39 - Sep 8 by PatchesOHoulihan

Maybe if it was just for penalties it could work

Maybe I'm just saying that because we've been hardly done by the last couple of years
Reckon we could challenge too for deliberate dives etc

Only if they follow it through with lengthy bans and financial penalties for the dirty diving c*nts like Ashley Young....

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Can't decide if this is entirely a good thing or a bad thing on 19:46 - Sep 8 with 3483 viewslonglostjack

Pity it wasn't in place when we played Stoke last season.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Can't decide if this is entirely a good thing or a bad thing on 19:55 - Sep 8 with 3450 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Can't decide if this is entirely a good thing or a bad thing on 19:44 - Sep 8 by JackoBoostardo

Only if they follow it through with lengthy bans and financial penalties for the dirty diving c*nts like Ashley Young....

Thats exactly who I was thinking of

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Can't decide if this is entirely a good thing or a bad thing on 20:06 - Sep 8 with 3419 viewsJackoBoostardo

Can't decide if this is entirely a good thing or a bad thing on 19:55 - Sep 8 by PatchesOHoulihan

Thats exactly who I was thinking of

And the incessant fouling/handballs by Crouch - who keeps claiming it's the result of his lankyness. This system does have potential to be a good thing - but I wouldn't like to see the game turn into a farce by there being loads of stops in play to have replays.

To work there has to be a further fifth official surely?!

Can't decide if this is entirely a good thing or a bad thing on 20:33 - Sep 8 with 3331 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

This is a good idea IMO

The may be one dodgy decision in each game but very rare there are 2 real mistakes that lead to sending offs or goals
Can't decide if this is entirely a good thing or a bad thing on 20:38 - Sep 8 with 3306 viewsJackFish

Not a fan of this. How many times do you see a decision reviewed on MOTD and nobody can agree on the correct decision.

Goalline technology I like, but anything that's going to be stopping the game and still be subjective - nah.
Can't decide if this is entirely a good thing or a bad thing on 22:20 - Sep 8 with 3183 viewscockett_jack

I think football would lose much of ipseity if we introduced something like this which would slow the game down
Login to get fewer ads

Can't decide if this is entirely a good thing or a bad thing on 22:40 - Sep 8 with 3117 viewsJackoBoostardo

I'm sure Jackfath will be interested to see what effect this has on the people who normally leave at 85 mins, if the game has been somewhat extended as a result of replays.

Can't decide if this is entirely a good thing or a bad thing on 22:42 - Sep 8 with 3111 viewssully49

In cricket or rugby the game is already stopped before the TMO is requested to make a judgement, where in football it doesn't.
What would happen if a ref hasn't given a penalty and the team score a break away goal, who will challenge that and when, and will the goal scored be disallowed? However, suspected offside goals could work but, who can ask the ref to talk to a TMO, or will he stand there looking at a big screen like the rest of us? It would be chaos because all the home fans will see it like this and the away fans like that.
I 100% agree with using it for bad tackles. Cheating/diving should be retrospectively acted upon, only because we will be there until mid-night.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Can't decide if this is entirely a good thing or a bad thing on 00:05 - Sep 9 with 3026 viewsSwansNZ

Can't decide if this is entirely a good thing or a bad thing on 22:42 - Sep 8 by sully49

In cricket or rugby the game is already stopped before the TMO is requested to make a judgement, where in football it doesn't.
What would happen if a ref hasn't given a penalty and the team score a break away goal, who will challenge that and when, and will the goal scored be disallowed? However, suspected offside goals could work but, who can ask the ref to talk to a TMO, or will he stand there looking at a big screen like the rest of us? It would be chaos because all the home fans will see it like this and the away fans like that.
I 100% agree with using it for bad tackles. Cheating/diving should be retrospectively acted upon, only because we will be there until mid-night.

He said you can only challenge when the game is stopped, which is fair. So if a ref awards a penalty, you could review it then. If, as you ask, he does not award a penalty, then the next stoppage would be the break-away goal, which (if the challenge was successful) would be ruled out and a penalty awarded to the other team. Problem is of course, a minute or two could occur between these phases of play. It can happen in rugby, but the ref can only go back a couple of phases, and generally that is a very short space of time.

Basically, I think it could be a good idea, but only to rule on a possible infringement when a goal is scored and to ensure a correct decision is made when a penalty is awarded — i.e. you can’t object saying you should have had a penalty earlier in play, but can that one should not have been given (as the play is stopped right then). Of course, that might result in refs awarding more penalties, and the decision goes to the TV replay, which I don’t have an argument about.

Or just leave it up to the ref to decide if he wants to refer something to the TV replay, be that a goal, offside, penalty, bad tackle etc

Agree that there should be far more action take retrospectively against all manners of offences, that either the ref misses or takes the wrong action on.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Can't decide if this is entirely a good thing or a bad thing on 00:20 - Sep 9 with 3008 viewstruckjack

Can't decide if this is entirely a good thing or a bad thing on 19:46 - Sep 8 by longlostjack

Pity it wasn't in place when we played Stoke last season.

Charlie Adam, worra cheating fat preek
[Post edited 9 Sep 2014 1:03]
Can't decide if this is entirely a good thing or a bad thing on 00:28 - Sep 9 with 2995 viewsSwansNZ

Can't decide if this is entirely a good thing or a bad thing on 00:20 - Sep 9 by truckjack

Charlie Adam, worra cheating fat preek
[Post edited 9 Sep 2014 1:03]

Adam

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Can't decide if this is entirely a good thing or a bad thing on 01:02 - Sep 9 with 2970 viewstruckjack

Can't decide if this is entirely a good thing or a bad thing on 00:28 - Sep 9 by SwansNZ

Adam

O aye!! lol
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024