Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. 16:12 - Sep 9 with 12717 views18StoneOfHoop

This is a LoftForWords Board chief Clive AKA Northernr (Constant notorious disparagment of jock footie means he's barred) and LoftForWords Sweaty Hater free thread.

If you cannae write or upload something nice,don't write or upload anything.
[prepares for inevitable incoming inundation of rabid sassenach bigoted posts]

sexier than sheep,yougottaadmit? #CantWeLoseTheTaffsInstead?
[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 0:15]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 16:47 - Sep 9 with 3783 viewsDiscodroids

do you know what 18 stoner, as the time draws closer it dawned on me that i am genuinely sad at the prospect of the split.

even im surprised at this. i keep playing this on the i pod at the moment .

makes me feel very sad

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xnc4bz_super-tramp-goodbye-stranger_music

Goodbye stranger it's been nice
Hope you find your paradise
Tried to see your point of view
Hope your dreams will all come true
Goodbye Mary, Goodbye Jane
Will we ever meet again
Feel no sorrow, feel no shame
Come tomorrow, feel no pain

And I will go on shining
Shining like brand new
I'll never look behind me
My troubles will be few
Goodbye stranger it's been nice ....

fk me..think its time i popped me happy pills..

(damn you 18 stoner , al green always gets me a bit weepy)
[Post edited 9 Sep 2014 17:00]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 16:58 - Sep 9 with 3746 viewsHollowayRanger

I don't want it to happen either I love the tradition and history of our nation and would be sorry to see the union destroyed

but if they go then give them nothing treat them as a foreign nation on our boarder! I just hope we put up border fences electric ones at that

as if Scotland join eu as a new member it has to have open borders with the rest of Europe and all those illegal immigrants will have a field day pouring into Scotland and then crossing in to England

united kingdom didn't sign up to open borders which is why its still trying to keep the illegal immigrants out

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 17:04 - Sep 9 with 3730 viewspaulparker

on the few occasions ive been to Scotland ive found the locals as Good as Gold, Friendly and very hospitable , also tragic that we may lose the best flag in the world
the Union Jack
IMHO many scots are being swayed to say just because its something new, a bit like new Labour in 97,Salmond being their tony blair (look how that all ended up)
the thing with salmond is he wants independence yet wants to keep the comfort blanket of having the Queen as head of state (tourism reasons), a currency union (which requires the BofE to underwrite Scotlands share of the national debt...Salmond has threatened to refuse to honour any Scottish national debt if the BofE don't agree to his wishes), protection from the rest of Britains armed forces despite wanting to move Trident but with aspirations to sign up to that great big nuclear alliance called NATO and he also wants all revenues from the North Sea Oil, which he can have if the podgy fcker agrees to pay back the money the UK and BP have paid to set the infrastructure up to enable them to extract it (that's not to mention the fact that the Orkney and Shetland Islands are looking at independence from an independent Scotland as they have as much claim to the oil as the scots ).
If they do vote yes there should be an agreement in place that, should they go tits up, we will NOT bail them out or even contemplate reintroducing them in to the union. Once it's broken there is no way back unless the vote is put to the English, Welsh and Northern Irish as to whether we want them back.

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 17:12 - Sep 9 with 3707 viewsbatmanhoop

good luck to them, my only concern is we make sure our borders are secure. Can see a mass influx of immigrants using Scotland as a stepping stone for benefit England
My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 17:16 - Sep 9 with 3688 viewsEastR

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 17:21 - Sep 9 with 3678 viewsHollowayRanger

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 17:12 - Sep 9 by batmanhoop

good luck to them, my only concern is we make sure our borders are secure. Can see a mass influx of immigrants using Scotland as a stepping stone for benefit England

exactly

got to protect ourselves the channel helps a lot but if scots break away then they have to agree to eu rule of open borders

sadly I think many will vote yes just to get rid of Cameron clegg and the labour fool
have we had a worse set of leaders

salmon no better but one of their own

but it must be made clear vote yes and its goodbye to our support

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 17:23 - Sep 9 with 3674 viewsAunt_Nelly

I hope they don't go but if I was a Jock I'd be voting yes.
My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 17:24 - Sep 9 with 3665 viewsTheBlob

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Login to get fewer ads

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 17:27 - Sep 9 with 3660 views18StoneOfHoop

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 17:16 - Sep 9 by EastR

There will never be a Labour government again for starters.

If this over-played fearful talk of immigrants coming through the back door is truly representative it makes me think England will shift further right - Nigel Farage for PM anyone?
Think I might well emigrate to Scotland if that happens.

Postman Pat in gaelic with a can of McEwans Export,whit could be better?
[Post edited 9 Sep 2014 17:34]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 17:33 - Sep 9 with 3640 viewsadhoc_qpr

Seems like it will make life worse for everyone from what i've read - apart from sticking it to the hated tories/English, it really seems like a bad move.

The best move would seem to be to use the potential for a yes vote as leverage to improve their position in the union i.e. have their cake and eat it.
My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 17:35 - Sep 9 with 3630 viewsQPRMUSO

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 17:27 - Sep 9 by 18StoneOfHoop

If this over-played fearful talk of immigrants coming through the back door is truly representative it makes me think England will shift further right - Nigel Farage for PM anyone?

Your first paragraph sounds good to me!
My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 17:46 - Sep 9 with 3609 viewsQPRMUSO

If the Jocks vote Yes then I will boycott all things Scotland (even the whisky), they have had it better than us for a long time and they have a rude awakening coming if they think things will be better for them. Check out the Barnett Formula which UK governments have been using for years, they get £1,500 more than us in England per year from the coffers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnett_formula
My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 17:53 - Sep 9 with 3589 viewshopphoops

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 17:46 - Sep 9 by QPRMUSO

If the Jocks vote Yes then I will boycott all things Scotland (even the whisky), they have had it better than us for a long time and they have a rude awakening coming if they think things will be better for them. Check out the Barnett Formula which UK governments have been using for years, they get £1,500 more than us in England per year from the coffers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnett_formula

"If the Jocks vote Yes then I will boycott all things Scotland (even the whisky)"

Struggling with the rest apart from Irn-Bru and Tunnocks Tea Cakes...

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 17:53 - Sep 9 with 3588 viewslondonscottish

As a Scot (albeit one who has lived in England for a quarter of a century) I think it would be a big mistake for my countrymen to vote yes. It would damage both parties economically.

Unfortunately the Yes campaign does not seem to be based on logic or fact but instead is emotionally-driven IMHO.

Not that I actually have a say - they didn't actually give me a vote. Feckers. Because it would have been No.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 17:54 - Sep 9 with 3586 viewsbarabajagal

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 17:27 - Sep 9 by 18StoneOfHoop

hear hear, I'm coming with you. I do wonder why people's brains seem to be permenantly locked into this disturbing tabloid hype and lies. Do we not teach people to think for themselves? I wish the people of Scotland all the best, whatever their future holds, but when people's main worry about a splitting of a nation is that illegal immigration may increase, based on no evidence for it what-so-ever? Well, I'm embarrassed to be English at times. Good luck Scotland, but if you go, can we still be friends?
My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 18:00 - Sep 9 with 3571 viewsDiscodroids

me and 18 stoner polar opposites when it comes to politics..but im with him on this one..except the nigel bit!
[Post edited 9 Sep 2014 18:05]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 18:02 - Sep 9 with 3562 viewsAunt_Nelly

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 17:54 - Sep 9 by barabajagal

hear hear, I'm coming with you. I do wonder why people's brains seem to be permenantly locked into this disturbing tabloid hype and lies. Do we not teach people to think for themselves? I wish the people of Scotland all the best, whatever their future holds, but when people's main worry about a splitting of a nation is that illegal immigration may increase, based on no evidence for it what-so-ever? Well, I'm embarrassed to be English at times. Good luck Scotland, but if you go, can we still be friends?

[Post edited 9 Sep 2014 18:04]
My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 18:11 - Sep 9 with 3532 viewshamptonhillhoop

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 16:58 - Sep 9 by HollowayRanger

I don't want it to happen either I love the tradition and history of our nation and would be sorry to see the union destroyed

but if they go then give them nothing treat them as a foreign nation on our boarder! I just hope we put up border fences electric ones at that

as if Scotland join eu as a new member it has to have open borders with the rest of Europe and all those illegal immigrants will have a field day pouring into Scotland and then crossing in to England

united kingdom didn't sign up to open borders which is why its still trying to keep the illegal immigrants out

I don't see what difference it would make to the borders. We're already EU members so there would be no difference. Why would it be less difficult to get into Scotland than England? All EU members have a right to come here.
My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 18:15 - Sep 9 with 3517 viewsted_hendrix

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 16:58 - Sep 9 by HollowayRanger

" I just hope we put up border fences electric ones at that"

You really are a weird person.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 18:22 - Sep 9 with 3492 viewsHollowayRanger

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 18:11 - Sep 9 by hamptonhillhoop

I don't see what difference it would make to the borders. We're already EU members so there would be no difference. Why would it be less difficult to get into Scotland than England? All EU members have a right to come here.

the difference is we didn't sign up to the open door policy the rest of Europe did that's why someone smuggled into Italy can then go right across Europe to Calais without being stopped thanks to eu law

now if Scotland break away and join eu they HAVE to sign up to this open door law as all NEW members have to,which means they become an open door to everyone and anyone,once in Scotland how do we stop them crossing boarder ?????????

with no channel protection anyone they will flood in though scotland

Listen to the band play!

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 18:30 - Sep 9 with 3476 viewshamptonhillhoop

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 18:22 - Sep 9 by HollowayRanger

the difference is we didn't sign up to the open door policy the rest of Europe did that's why someone smuggled into Italy can then go right across Europe to Calais without being stopped thanks to eu law

now if Scotland break away and join eu they HAVE to sign up to this open door law as all NEW members have to,which means they become an open door to everyone and anyone,once in Scotland how do we stop them crossing boarder ?????????

with no channel protection anyone they will flood in though scotland

I think you're talking about the Shengen agreement which allows free travel of EU nationals across Europe. this undoubtedly makes the travel of illegal immigrants through mainland Europe easier due to more lax border controls, but it would still be more difficult to get to Scotland as they would have to physically cross water to get here. I think Milliband has already spoken about border controls with Scotland if this happens, but I can't see this being the main cause for concern if they vote yes.
My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 18:47 - Sep 9 with 3445 viewsMrSheen

It's time for...

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 19:00 - Sep 9 with 3420 viewsQPRDEL

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 18:30 - Sep 9 by hamptonhillhoop

I think you're talking about the Shengen agreement which allows free travel of EU nationals across Europe. this undoubtedly makes the travel of illegal immigrants through mainland Europe easier due to more lax border controls, but it would still be more difficult to get to Scotland as they would have to physically cross water to get here. I think Milliband has already spoken about border controls with Scotland if this happens, but I can't see this being the main cause for concern if they vote yes.

The problem will come if we vote to leave the EU.
Then we would need to secure the border at Scotland
My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 19:04 - Sep 9 with 3412 viewskarl

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 17:04 - Sep 9 by paulparker

on the few occasions ive been to Scotland ive found the locals as Good as Gold, Friendly and very hospitable , also tragic that we may lose the best flag in the world
the Union Jack
IMHO many scots are being swayed to say just because its something new, a bit like new Labour in 97,Salmond being their tony blair (look how that all ended up)
the thing with salmond is he wants independence yet wants to keep the comfort blanket of having the Queen as head of state (tourism reasons), a currency union (which requires the BofE to underwrite Scotlands share of the national debt...Salmond has threatened to refuse to honour any Scottish national debt if the BofE don't agree to his wishes), protection from the rest of Britains armed forces despite wanting to move Trident but with aspirations to sign up to that great big nuclear alliance called NATO and he also wants all revenues from the North Sea Oil, which he can have if the podgy fcker agrees to pay back the money the UK and BP have paid to set the infrastructure up to enable them to extract it (that's not to mention the fact that the Orkney and Shetland Islands are looking at independence from an independent Scotland as they have as much claim to the oil as the scots ).
If they do vote yes there should be an agreement in place that, should they go tits up, we will NOT bail them out or even contemplate reintroducing them in to the union. Once it's broken there is no way back unless the vote is put to the English, Welsh and Northern Irish as to whether we want them back.

Well balanced PP.
Just for the record there has been nothing other than joke references made to Orkney and Shetland separating from Scotland but the three local authorities from Orkney, Shetland and Western Isles have joined together to have a joint lobby on many points that get lost in the Central Belt.
As an aside Orkney and Shetland get treated with disdain by the SNP as we have been a Liberal stronghold for decades whereas the WIsles have been an SNP stronghold (the only seat back in the 70/80's quite often). They have massively subsidised ferry fares compared to us and as an effect our tourist trade has been badly hit as an example.
Independence for us does not bode well in my opinion. We will have less money as a nation and I know those tossers will cut back on us first, Salmond is a good politician and he won't chuck votes away.
As I have said before I do believe Scotland can be a secure independent country but we will have to accept a higher cost of living and with the way people are today I just can't believe there is a will to accept that for what may possibly be described as the greater good. Many of the newer small nations have been established on the back of dispute and tbh that will concentrate a population to accept short term hardship but obviously we're not in that position in Scotland
My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 19:20 - Sep 9 with 3371 viewsisawqpratwcity

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 19:04 - Sep 9 by karl

Well balanced PP.
Just for the record there has been nothing other than joke references made to Orkney and Shetland separating from Scotland but the three local authorities from Orkney, Shetland and Western Isles have joined together to have a joint lobby on many points that get lost in the Central Belt.
As an aside Orkney and Shetland get treated with disdain by the SNP as we have been a Liberal stronghold for decades whereas the WIsles have been an SNP stronghold (the only seat back in the 70/80's quite often). They have massively subsidised ferry fares compared to us and as an effect our tourist trade has been badly hit as an example.
Independence for us does not bode well in my opinion. We will have less money as a nation and I know those tossers will cut back on us first, Salmond is a good politician and he won't chuck votes away.
As I have said before I do believe Scotland can be a secure independent country but we will have to accept a higher cost of living and with the way people are today I just can't believe there is a will to accept that for what may possibly be described as the greater good. Many of the newer small nations have been established on the back of dispute and tbh that will concentrate a population to accept short term hardship but obviously we're not in that position in Scotland

i enjoy your posts on this subject, karl.

you are refreshingly off-beat with both sides.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024