Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. 16:12 - Sep 9 with 12724 views18StoneOfHoop

This is a LoftForWords Board chief Clive AKA Northernr (Constant notorious disparagment of jock footie means he's barred) and LoftForWords Sweaty Hater free thread.

If you cannae write or upload something nice,don't write or upload anything.
[prepares for inevitable incoming inundation of rabid sassenach bigoted posts]

sexier than sheep,yougottaadmit? #CantWeLoseTheTaffsInstead?
[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 0:15]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 00:07 - Sep 11 with 1655 viewsbarabajagal

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 22:35 - Sep 10 by DWQPR

Once Scotland goes independent you just watch them causing trouble on the borders claiming that they want a bit of land grab to protect those ethnic Scottish from the tyrant of England. First it will be Berwick and then they will look to annex Carlisle. Don't trust that slimy little dictator, Salmond.

If that is a genuine opinion, I see very little evidence that that will happen. Unless the good people from Berwick desire self rule, then we will have to go through the same debates...
My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 06:31 - Sep 11 with 1620 viewsDWQPR

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 00:07 - Sep 11 by barabajagal

If that is a genuine opinion, I see very little evidence that that will happen. Unless the good people from Berwick desire self rule, then we will have to go through the same debates...

Doh!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 08:48 - Sep 11 with 1576 viewsdoogi55

well the orkneys want independce from scotland because they would own half the oil fields as they are in orkney waters .now that would be funny.
they wont have an army so any one can invade them well let them get on with it. ssay nothing to do with us .
My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 09:11 - Sep 11 with 1560 viewsTheBlob

Poll: So how was the season for you?

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 10:01 - Sep 11 with 1537 viewsganjR

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 09:22 - Sep 10 by CiderwithRsie

I rember my first tutorial at university - medieval British history - and the question came up of "what defines a country or nation." Because most of the European nation states that exist now - including not only the UK and Republic of Ireland but also England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales - simply didn't exist at the start of the period of study; whereas many of kingdoms and nations existed then that don't now. [When was the last time you met a Pict, or a Jute, or a Frank, or a Sarmatian?]

Turned out really hard to find any simple definition. Ethnicity doesn't work - immigrants have been integrated into other societies for as long as history goes back, and many ethnic groups don't have their own state. Language doesn't work - Switzerland is a country with three languages, Austria and Germany are two countries with one language. Back in the day people thought a common religion was important, but for most of us in Europe it doesn't matter now. In a lot of cases [including, I would say, the UK] the facts are that "nations" exist now because a government created it, not the other way round. But once a group of people start to think of themselves as a nation, then they are one

So the question isn't "why shouldn't a country be in charge of it's own affairs?" If you're British, you already have a country that's in charge of its own affairs, its called the UK. It's "do you think Scotland is your country, or do you think the UK is your country?" I'd be a "no" if I was a Scot, because my answer would have been "both." Voting "yes" means the UK is no longer your country and I think that will diminish Scotland and Scots. It will also diminish the UK and all its English, Welsh and Northern Irish people. Everything that Scotland has given and still gives the UK will be lost to the rest of us. I'll be sad to find that, e.g, the Highlands and the Edinburgh Fringe are not part of my children's heritage. But I'm even sadder to think that Scots are happy that, e.g. London's theatreland or the Cotswolds won't be part of theirs. If Andy Murray wins Wimbledon again we won't have a home grown champion and he won't be doing it before his home crowd - he won't have a home Grand Slam tournament at all.

The Yes campaign say "its not about being anti-England." They are mistaken, honestly or not. You can't decide that the UK is not your country without saying that the English, Welsh and Irish are foreigners to you. That "your own affairs" do not include what happens in Cornwall or Belfast. That you care about jobs in Scotland but you don't care whether unemployment goes up in Liverpool because that's not your country. An independent Scotland may not be against us but it will have said quite bluntly that it's not with us.

Apologies for not replying mate, been hectic.
Good post and I'd like to reply properly later when I get 5 mins.

Just want to add, we were doing so well for the 1st 3 odd pages before the 'bloody benefit grabbing immigrant darkies' mob turned up.
They think that the main concern if Scotland gets independent is that half of the non white world will turn Scotland into the open floodgates to England.... Unbelievable!
My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 10:51 - Sep 11 with 1511 viewsdoogi55

of course its anti english and tories.
we dont get the goverment we vote is another reason they want independece.
jeez i am a labour supporter and for 15 yrs i got the goverment i voted and got new bloudy labour so be carful what you wish for.
they are a bit deluded if they think snp are not right wing they are more right wing than the tories
My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 12:25 - Sep 11 with 1464 viewsRangersDave

God, to have the vote to keep them or dump them available to the biggest country in this whole matter.

If a no comes, then bye bye Scottish persons back north of the wall, get your own currency, pay us what you owe us, just go away and sink in your own stewed mess.

Poor buggers are going like sheep really. Yes feel free to be jingoistic, but.......... Make your own decision based on facts, not Herr Salmond's bluster and obvuscating.

Then live with your decisions.

Oh and our politicians offering 'more powers' for them to stay? Bugger right off!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. (n/t) on 14:45 - Sep 11 with 1409 viewsDiscodroids

[Post edited 11 Sep 2014 15:04]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Login to get fewer ads

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 18:09 - Sep 11 with 1356 viewsganjR

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 10:51 - Sep 11 by doogi55

of course its anti english and tories.
we dont get the goverment we vote is another reason they want independece.
jeez i am a labour supporter and for 15 yrs i got the goverment i voted and got new bloudy labour so be carful what you wish for.
they are a bit deluded if they think snp are not right wing they are more right wing than the tories

I disagree. How is wanting to have control of your own countries affairs, by an elected government, in your own country, making decisions for your own country, being anti-English?
So far, the only discriminatory statements are coming from the no campaign.
If you disagree with us, we'll make sure you suffer etc.
Also, maybe I'm wrong with this, but, providing better opportunities and provision for those who can't afford it (prescriptions, education etc) is surely a left wing trait?
My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 19:12 - Sep 11 with 1313 viewswood_hoop

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 00:14 - Sep 10 by ganjR

Maybe a naive answer or I'm reading the question wrong mate, but anyone with a British passport, whether you're born in Edinburgh or Entebbe, won't be affected.
However, if Scotland do get independence, will any Brit with an expiring passport have to apply for an English one? Or will they get a GB passport (England, Wales, Northern Ireland).
Also, a bit off topic... A lady I know has told me that Gallicia are having a referendum vote in December? Sure she said Gallicia, maybe it's Catalonia?

My wife is from Galcia and have been there mnay many times, not sure about a referendum though, a few parallels can be drawn from the region to the Scottish situation, there is a Galcian Parliment and they do have quite a bit of autonamy already.

Very different to many other parts of Spain, own dialect which is closer to Portugese than Castelian, also strong Celtic connections, another link to the Scots, have Celtic festivals every year in various places, where Celts come from GB & Ireland to join in.

Another quirky fact, General Franco was born there and there was a big statue of him in El Ferrol where he wa born and raised, not that many years ago before it was taken down, even though born there, was very much against autonmy for Galcia and the other regions, wanted Spain controlled by central government, plenty in Galcia did suffer under him though and still some deep seated resentment against him and his supporters, which still do exsist some forty years after his death.

Salmond maybe not quite a Franco figure but from what I've seen the only one from the yes camp that gets such a wide media coverage,also it seems against some of the Island getting autonmy from the Scottish Parliment.

What happens if the yes vote did win, there would have to be an election surely and Salmond would I imagine top the polls by some way, as the only real powerhouse in politics , just wonder how he would run Scotland and how any opposition would shift him from top of the tree.

Bit off tangent from the main debate I know, but to me he does come across as quite dictorial, maybe I am just way off the mark in my thinking.
My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 19:15 - Sep 11 with 1311 viewsbatmanhoop

a lot of the Yes vote is because of an anti-English stance. If the Scots really think they can go it alone then good luck to them
My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 19:44 - Sep 11 with 1288 viewskarl

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 19:12 - Sep 11 by wood_hoop

My wife is from Galcia and have been there mnay many times, not sure about a referendum though, a few parallels can be drawn from the region to the Scottish situation, there is a Galcian Parliment and they do have quite a bit of autonamy already.

Very different to many other parts of Spain, own dialect which is closer to Portugese than Castelian, also strong Celtic connections, another link to the Scots, have Celtic festivals every year in various places, where Celts come from GB & Ireland to join in.

Another quirky fact, General Franco was born there and there was a big statue of him in El Ferrol where he wa born and raised, not that many years ago before it was taken down, even though born there, was very much against autonmy for Galcia and the other regions, wanted Spain controlled by central government, plenty in Galcia did suffer under him though and still some deep seated resentment against him and his supporters, which still do exsist some forty years after his death.

Salmond maybe not quite a Franco figure but from what I've seen the only one from the yes camp that gets such a wide media coverage,also it seems against some of the Island getting autonmy from the Scottish Parliment.

What happens if the yes vote did win, there would have to be an election surely and Salmond would I imagine top the polls by some way, as the only real powerhouse in politics , just wonder how he would run Scotland and how any opposition would shift him from top of the tree.

Bit off tangent from the main debate I know, but to me he does come across as quite dictorial, maybe I am just way off the mark in my thinking.

It's always interesting to have the background from another region.
Alex Salmond is a very good politician and basically is the reason the SNP have done and are doing so well. To my mind is not dictatorial but charismatic, he was leader from 1990 to 2000 but stood down (why I don't think has ever been properly established) during the next 4 years they were led by 3rd most powerful man in the party, John Swinney, and it was a bit of a disaster for them as he is a wet blanket. When Salmond came back in 2004 he reinvigorated the party and with Nicola Sturgeon (Wee Burney!) becoming an able politician they have been on an upward spiral ever since. What tends to get forgotten south of the border is that this is their 2nd term in office as ruling party in the Scottish Parliament so the public do have a confidence in them to run an administration. Is it good enough to take over the whole shooting match? We'll possibly find out, without doubt if there is a yes vote I would expect them to win the following election and tbh I think that if it is a No vote that with the country now more politically aware then I fancy they will mobilise a good support and win the subsequent Holyrood elections.
I don't agree with his politics but I do admire his achievements and recognise that he would equal many of the great Scottish parliamentarians if he had been a Labour or Tory man, of course the fact many of our capable politicians are are Westminster has left the field open to him to run rings around the pygmies that are left behind
My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 19:56 - Sep 11 with 1273 viewsganjR

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 19:12 - Sep 11 by wood_hoop

My dad (Scottish) goes there alot, has just come back and loves it there.
The Celtic links are very strong, actually wearing a Celtic design t-shirt that he brought back for me (never thought I'd wear something like this, but it is natty).
I can't wait to go myself. Also, I didn't know Franco was from there, thanks for that... And thank you for trying to bring this thread back to a decent and interesting debate.
With regards to the Islands and Salmond:
IF and I very much doubt it'll happen, Scotland votes YES, then I wouldn't be suprised if The Orkney and Shetland Islands get a form of devolution in say 5-10 years time. Very much like the London centric government in England, Scotland is very Central Belt orientated with Aberdeen quite self sufficient. The Western Isles have been quite staunch SNP for years and unlike alot of the Orkney Islands, haven't been to Shetland Islands yet, they are quite a closed in bunch.
Salmond is a very good politician, someone who is not seen as too trustworthy although a damn site better at his job than the Westminster 3, and alot more trustworthy than most Tories, Lib Dems etc. He has, however, delivered alot of good to the country and the improvements to the quality of life compared to 10-20 years ago is dramatic.
I think Milliband is an honest guy, but not a great politician.
It's funny cos' I quite like Farage but hate his policies.

Batmanhoop, no disrespect, but unless you live in Scotland or are Scottish, I think you can't have that view without basically falling into that 'fcking jocks, blah blah blah' category.
As I said in a previous and basically, nasty thread on this subject... Read through the posts and replace 'Jocks' with the equivalent terminology for Jamaicans, Nigerians, Indians and other countries that gained independence from England and see if you don't think it's wrong what has been written by a few here.
My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 20:00 - Sep 11 with 1272 views18StoneOfHoop

My brother worked at BBC Millbank Parliamentary studios as a producer for TIP (Today in Parliament) and YIP on Radio 4 up until the late 90's before emigrating to the USA. (There had to be someone with brains in the family.) I asked him who was the most effective Parliamentarian of that time he replied without hesitation; Alex Salmond.

Never mind him,I was brought up to respect my elder's and better's,is it too late to listen to Winkle via Clive's paper?:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scottish-independence/11089245/Fight-to-s
[Post edited 11 Sep 2014 20:04]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 20:01 - Sep 11 with 1270 viewsCiderwithRsie

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 19:44 - Sep 11 by karl

Alex Salmond is a very good politician and basically is the reason the SNP have done and are doing so well. To my mind is not dictatorial but charismatic, he was leader from 1990 to 2000 but stood down (why I don't think has ever been properly established) during the next 4 years they were led by 3rd most powerful man in the party, John Swinney, and it was a bit of a disaster for them as he is a wet blanket. When Salmond came back in 2004 he reinvigorated the party and with Nicola Sturgeon (Wee Burney!) becoming an able politician they have been on an upward spiral ever since. What tends to get forgotten south of the border is that this is their 2nd term in office as ruling party in the Scottish Parliament so the public do have a confidence in them to run an administration. Is it good enough to take over the whole shooting match? We'll possibly find out, without doubt if there is a yes vote I would expect them to win the following election and tbh I think that if it is a No vote that with the country now more politically aware then I fancy they will mobilise a good support and win the subsequent Holyrood elections.
I don't agree with his politics but I do admire his achievements and recognise that he would equal many of the great Scottish parliamentarians if he had been a Labour or Tory man, of course the fact many of our capable politicians are are Westminster has left the field open to him to run rings around the pygmies that are left behind

Salmond is certainly good in a debate. I recall at the last GE Nick Clegg got stick from the papers for arguing against Trident - weak on defence and so on. Since the SNP would go completely non-nuclear given the chance, Salmond faced the same questions and just said "there are 200 odd nations in the UN and only 6 or 7 have nuclear weapons, but funnily enough the rest manage to get by." Pretty much job done.
My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 20:09 - Sep 11 with 1254 viewsonlyrinmoray

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 19:44 - Sep 11 by karl

Good reasoned and knowledgeable post Karl With regard to your point re other regions How does it work between Northern Ireland and the Irish Republic ? Two different currencies Daily trade across the border Seems to work without problems Any N Iron Rs let us know ?

Alex Salmond as you say not everyones cup of tea, but he out performs Cameron Milliband and Clegg as a politician
My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 20:27 - Sep 11 with 1233 viewskarl

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 20:09 - Sep 11 by onlyrinmoray

Good reasoned and knowledgeable post Karl With regard to your point re other regions How does it work between Northern Ireland and the Irish Republic ? Two different currencies Daily trade across the border Seems to work without problems Any N Iron Rs let us know ?

Alex Salmond as you say not everyones cup of tea, but he out performs Cameron Milliband and Clegg as a politician

You're right about the 3 party leaders Moray, everything has fallen into place quite nicely for Salmond to a large degree; Economy having been bad and feelgood factor coming back, Labour who should be his biggest problem being led by a figure who is easily lampooned and the Tories being in charge at the vote date but also with a leader who fits into so many of the stereotypical categories being an Eton boy and very posh plum in the mouth Home Counties type to boot.
Some will think thats because it's anti English etc but at the root of it I honestly think that's the case for a tiny percentage
My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 23:24 - Sep 11 with 1147 viewsHunterhoop

This "big big debate" is a farce. It's a complete sabotage. The chair couldn't be more biased if he tried. He's ruining it.

Any good point pointing out flaws in independence from the crowd is ignored. I've watched for 20 minutes. Equally, the Tory bird, who admittedly isn't very good, gets told to shut up by the chair whenever she's in mid flow of making a half decent point.

Sturgeon on the other hand is being allowed to ride roughshod over the whole thing. She's actually making stuff up!! "Westminster has being saying the oil is about to run out ever since it was found"...err, what?! Lots of large multinationals have invested a vast amount in the oil industry in Scotland. That generates Corporate tax, when or why have Westminster been trying to discourage people investing in the oil industry up there?!

SHe's at it again. "The Westminster govt", she bangs on about, it's had Scottish MPs for years, many in the Scots in the cabinet and several as PMs. She's completely disingenuous. This "us" and "them" line is cynically playing to a Nationalist fervour. She's dangerous. I wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her.

I'd be very worried if I was Scottish right now.
My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 09:42 - Sep 12 with 1064 viewsTopCat34

Surely if Scotland goes independent this paves the way for more rights for say large regions such as, Yorkshire and London? Both have a bigger population than Scotland.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2014 9:43]
My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 10:13 - Sep 12 with 1048 viewsdoogi55

i watched that as well i liked the point about pil .
£113 a barral now £97 a barrel and fallen there goes all there promises
My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 10:16 - Sep 12 with 1033 viewswillis1980

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 09:42 - Sep 12 by TopCat34

Surely if Scotland goes independent this paves the way for more rights for say large regions such as, Yorkshire and London? Both have a bigger population than Scotland.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2014 9:43]

possibly down to the fact that tonnes of scots dont actually there but in england instead, draw your own conclusions on why that might be the case.
My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 17:24 - Sep 12 with 947 viewswood_hoop

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 19:56 - Sep 11 by ganjR

My dad (Scottish) goes there alot, has just come back and loves it there.
The Celtic links are very strong, actually wearing a Celtic design t-shirt that he brought back for me (never thought I'd wear something like this, but it is natty).
I can't wait to go myself. Also, I didn't know Franco was from there, thanks for that... And thank you for trying to bring this thread back to a decent and interesting debate.
With regards to the Islands and Salmond:
IF and I very much doubt it'll happen, Scotland votes YES, then I wouldn't be suprised if The Orkney and Shetland Islands get a form of devolution in say 5-10 years time. Very much like the London centric government in England, Scotland is very Central Belt orientated with Aberdeen quite self sufficient. The Western Isles have been quite staunch SNP for years and unlike alot of the Orkney Islands, haven't been to Shetland Islands yet, they are quite a closed in bunch.
Salmond is a very good politician, someone who is not seen as too trustworthy although a damn site better at his job than the Westminster 3, and alot more trustworthy than most Tories, Lib Dems etc. He has, however, delivered alot of good to the country and the improvements to the quality of life compared to 10-20 years ago is dramatic.
I think Milliband is an honest guy, but not a great politician.
It's funny cos' I quite like Farage but hate his policies.

Batmanhoop, no disrespect, but unless you live in Scotland or are Scottish, I think you can't have that view without basically falling into that 'fcking jocks, blah blah blah' category.
As I said in a previous and basically, nasty thread on this subject... Read through the posts and replace 'Jocks' with the equivalent terminology for Jamaicans, Nigerians, Indians and other countries that gained independence from England and see if you don't think it's wrong what has been written by a few here.

ganjR, sure you will love the place, scenery etc very much like Scotland in parts, the Moors never got a foothold there, so very much 'old Spain' in many places, comparisons do seem comparable the more I think about them with Scotland, a deep pride in being Gallician first, Spanish second, play pipes, a smaller version,have a regional dress,very much on display when the Fiestas are on, my wifes family is spread mainly in the north western corner so have seen plenty of the real back wood places, very very unspoilt, there may not be many places to eat regarded as Michilin starrred but never had a bad meal in even the ropest looking place.

I can understand why your father loves the place, the bigger towns have modernised some since they joined the EC, roads are better, well the main ones, still plenty where your eyes are glued to the road and not looking at the beautiful views like the rest of your car load, the drops only a few feet from your wheels are pretty scary even for the most confident of drivers.

Can see if a no vote but with a small margin a lot more autonamy, maybe in the long run a win win situation for Mr Salmond.
My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 17:55 - Sep 12 with 931 viewslondonscottish

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 10:16 - Sep 12 by willis1980

possibly down to the fact that tonnes of scots dont actually there but in england instead, draw your own conclusions on why that might be the case.

It's very true. I think there are 300,000 Scots in London which makes it the third biggest "Scottish city" after Glasgow and Edinburgh.

I left in 1988 because of the massive difference in job opportunities between Scotland and the South East.

(And, as a bonus, because of the great gigs, clubs and general fun I could have if moved down here).

I've held down a job for 25 of the 26 years I've been here and have enjoyed plenty of tunes. So it worked out.

And I've always been welcomed by the English whether going for my first pint in some dodgy boozer on Portobello Road, stumbling around a a barely-legal club in the early days of the house and garage thing to going my first Rangers game and eveything in between and since

Anyway it's been a blast. Apart from the odd bit of piss-take the English have been great to me. Which makes the actions of my more deranged countrymen even worse. The English are great assimilators of other people. You probably don't realise it but you are.

I'm looking forward to the next 25 years.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 19:01 - Sep 12 with 899 viewskysersosaqpr

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 20:09 - Sep 11 by onlyrinmoray

Not only does "trade" (harrumph) across the border go well, but quite a lot of people earn a fortune by doing so. Say booze, fags, diesel, etc get far cheaper in Scotland because of taxes not going up as fast there as in England; then watch the illegal trade and big money being mad smuggling stuff back and forth.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 21:37 - Sep 12 with 864 viewswillis1980

My Dear Jock Brothers and Sisters.. on 17:55 - Sep 12 by londonscottish

It's very true. I think there are 300,000 Scots in London which makes it the third biggest "Scottish city" after Glasgow and Edinburgh.

I left in 1988 because of the massive difference in job opportunities between Scotland and the South East.

(And, as a bonus, because of the great gigs, clubs and general fun I could have if moved down here).

I've held down a job for 25 of the 26 years I've been here and have enjoyed plenty of tunes. So it worked out.

And I've always been welcomed by the English whether going for my first pint in some dodgy boozer on Portobello Road, stumbling around a a barely-legal club in the early days of the house and garage thing to going my first Rangers game and eveything in between and since

Anyway it's been a blast. Apart from the odd bit of piss-take the English have been great to me. Which makes the actions of my more deranged countrymen even worse. The English are great assimilators of other people. You probably don't realise it but you are.

I'm looking forward to the next 25 years.

And so you should. Apparently there's 800k plus living in england. I've got plenty of Scottish connections and have spent many a Xmas up there, sadly I've often found the locals less than welcoming which I think is a bit sad tbh as I don't think it really occurs the other way round. I can't imagine that if Scotland had a grand slam scots would've turned out in support of tim henman for example. It all seems a bit petty.

As for the actual independence debate I've heard so much nonsense peddled it's beyond belief. I don't really care about the outcome but can't help thinking that if the decision is yes then the wrong decision was made for Scotland and it's people. There seems to be far more attachment to the emotional and less so the practical. It slightly reminds me of when Afro Americans voting for Obama somehow thought his presidency was going to be more beneficial than that of any other democrat.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024