Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sooner Harry fcks off the better 16:47 - Sep 14 with 21392 viewsQPR1882

YES it is his fault

He trains them, he picks the team,he picks the formation

He makes us look mugs ever time we are live on tv
Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 19:24 - Sep 16 with 1266 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 10:30 - Sep 16 by makaveli1882

No I didn't miss one out at all, did we play Wembley F.C away ???

Pretty sure we played Derby County at a neutral Venue, and I was referring to our pathetic away form since the Christmas

What a convenient stance.
It wasn't a home game was it?
Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 20:01 - Sep 16 with 1237 viewsQPR1882

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 17:37 - Sep 16 by daveB

amazing we've ever won a game under him if he's so clueless

Even Paul Hart won a game whilst in charge, and i put him in the clueless category
Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 20:42 - Sep 16 with 1215 viewsjamois

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 17:37 - Sep 16 by daveB

amazing we've ever won a game under him if he's so clueless

Exactly Dave, it truly is amazing

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 20:46 - Sep 16 with 1203 viewsbeeeater

ZZzzzzzzz this thread, why I hardly ever bother with this forum.
Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 20:49 - Sep 16 with 1199 viewsterryb

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 19:24 - Sep 16 by CroydonCaptJack

What a convenient stance.
It wasn't a home game was it?

Well, we wern't exactly the away team!

In 2004 we all said that Cardiff played at home in the play off final. That would apply to us this year then.

Head to head playing records always have the three categories =- home, away & neutral ground.
Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 11:16 - Sep 18 with 1073 viewsIngham

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 22:17 - Sep 14 by LoftusRdW12

Hallelujah!

Mate. Most QPR fans are thinking along the same lines.

It's never nice, seeing your team well beaten but sometimes, you just have to eat some humble pie!

I agree. But a top 4 side is what we'll have to be.

Year in and year out, if we are to make sense of what Fernandes says is a necessity - moving to a 40,000 capacity stadium. And why? Because Loftus Road is too small to provide the Club with the 'world class talent' we will have in the not too distant future.

I entirely agree that if we look at the Club realistically we might well expect to get royally stuffed by bigger, better sides likes Spurs and Manchester United, and to struggle against Clubs far more comparable in punching power size to QPR, like Burton Albion and Hull City.

If must stop complaining that our performances are poor, we must also stop kidding ourselves that we can have world class talent and fill a 40,000 capacity ground without one of two things.

1. Unprecedented brilliance at turning a sow's ear into a silk purse (like Clough and Taylor did at Derby and Forest).

2. Or unprecedented spending. Like Blackburn when they won the Premiership all those years ago. And, more to the point, like City and Chelsea when they broke into the Top Four Winners Club. In Chelsea's case, by appointing managers who had already won the Premiership, the Champions League, and even the World Cup.

Supporters settle for less? They should if QPR can't be expected to do any better.
But if QPR can't be expected to do any better, on what basis will we have 'world class talent' in a 40,000 capacity stadium and make sense of that? Even finishing 6th or 7th every season won't attract world class managers, players or 40,000 attendances, because it won't make any difference to the size of the Club.

Overperforming small Clubs occasionally manage to do that, although they never get anywhere near their achievements of the past, before the Premiership. But they soon slide back to the lower levels, and then to the Championship.

So I think the critics are entitled to laugh. Not at modest performances and results in themselves, there is no evidence that we have anything other than the most modest talent at the Club, and these are certainly some of the worst QPR top flight teams we've ever seen.

Being realistic about our performances isn't enough as long as we are so unrealistic about the board's absurd pretensions. When we have world class spending, we will have world class talent, results and attendances.

If some people believe what Fernandes tells them, they are entitled to complain that the reality isn't matching the fantasy. If, like me, they don't believe him, and they wonder why why QPR is losing so much of its own money funding one regime after another that never delivers anything of any long term financial - let along footballing - value to the Club, they won't expect anything except what a small Club can manage carrying so many overpaid, underperforming freeloaders.

Shouldn't they be earning profits for the Club, so the Club can actually AFFORD to pay them the vast salaries they so richly don't deserve?
Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 12:33 - Sep 18 with 1033 viewsPinnerPaul

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 11:16 - Sep 18 by Ingham

Year in and year out, if we are to make sense of what Fernandes says is a necessity - moving to a 40,000 capacity stadium. And why? Because Loftus Road is too small to provide the Club with the 'world class talent' we will have in the not too distant future.

I entirely agree that if we look at the Club realistically we might well expect to get royally stuffed by bigger, better sides likes Spurs and Manchester United, and to struggle against Clubs far more comparable in punching power size to QPR, like Burton Albion and Hull City.

If must stop complaining that our performances are poor, we must also stop kidding ourselves that we can have world class talent and fill a 40,000 capacity ground without one of two things.

1. Unprecedented brilliance at turning a sow's ear into a silk purse (like Clough and Taylor did at Derby and Forest).

2. Or unprecedented spending. Like Blackburn when they won the Premiership all those years ago. And, more to the point, like City and Chelsea when they broke into the Top Four Winners Club. In Chelsea's case, by appointing managers who had already won the Premiership, the Champions League, and even the World Cup.

Supporters settle for less? They should if QPR can't be expected to do any better.
But if QPR can't be expected to do any better, on what basis will we have 'world class talent' in a 40,000 capacity stadium and make sense of that? Even finishing 6th or 7th every season won't attract world class managers, players or 40,000 attendances, because it won't make any difference to the size of the Club.

Overperforming small Clubs occasionally manage to do that, although they never get anywhere near their achievements of the past, before the Premiership. But they soon slide back to the lower levels, and then to the Championship.

So I think the critics are entitled to laugh. Not at modest performances and results in themselves, there is no evidence that we have anything other than the most modest talent at the Club, and these are certainly some of the worst QPR top flight teams we've ever seen.

Being realistic about our performances isn't enough as long as we are so unrealistic about the board's absurd pretensions. When we have world class spending, we will have world class talent, results and attendances.

If some people believe what Fernandes tells them, they are entitled to complain that the reality isn't matching the fantasy. If, like me, they don't believe him, and they wonder why why QPR is losing so much of its own money funding one regime after another that never delivers anything of any long term financial - let along footballing - value to the Club, they won't expect anything except what a small Club can manage carrying so many overpaid, underperforming freeloaders.

Shouldn't they be earning profits for the Club, so the Club can actually AFFORD to pay them the vast salaries they so richly don't deserve?

but we're not "losing our own money" we haven't got any money!

Of all the things TF, the Tune Group and Mittalls can be accused of - NOT spending their own money isn't one of them!
Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 12:46 - Sep 18 with 1025 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 11:16 - Sep 18 by Ingham

Excellent post Ingham.

Turning a 'small' club into a long term force is virtually impossible and has never, I suspect, been done in the past. As you allude to, Derby and Forest have been there for short periods. Ipswich had their years in the sun under Sir Bob. Even QPR had that season when it could have been all theirs - and perhaps if we were ever going to transition into a 'big' club, it would have been then.

I suppose Chelsea are the closest thing to it happening - a club of comparable size to QPR for many years, and they are £1bn in debt. Man City have always had a huge following. And then you have Arsenal, Man Utd, Spurs, Liverpool and to some extent Everton. It's almost impossible - in fact, probably impossible to break into that group and stay there for a considerable time.

But a new ground certainly isn't absurd - it's needed. LR is too small, too cramped, too old, and at some point or another will become too dangerous through sheer age. 40,000 is of course way too much, but there are ways and means around that, such as the clever use of 'hiding' upper sections that people on here have highlighted have been used in Canada.

And aiming high is not absurd either. Other 'smaller' clubs manage to compete at a good level through good management and forward-thinking coaching. Villareal in Spain, Dortmund in Germany, Porto in Portugal, even clubs from countries like Norway or Romania who don't disgrace themselves in the Champions League (although obviously it is easier for them to compete at a domestic level).

But of course what is absurd is the route TF and co have taken. Short term buys, horrendous wages ('it's ok, they've come on a free!'), shoving thumbs in leaks and putting wrapping paper over cracks just until we can get to the next transfer window to do the same thing all over again, every six months.

And of course, despite it all, what is never acceptable is a total lack of belief and apparent lack of effort or direction shown last Sunday. Money has got nothing to do with that. It's got to do with coaching and pride. Neither of which were apparent last weekend.

Can TF make us into a 'big' club with gates of 30,000+ each week? Personally, I doubt it, but if he can build the stadium, then it gives us a better chance of competing in the PL than we currently have.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 12:55 - Sep 18 with 1013 viewsTheBlob

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 12:46 - Sep 18 by Antti_Heinola

Excellent post Ingham.

Turning a 'small' club into a long term force is virtually impossible and has never, I suspect, been done in the past. As you allude to, Derby and Forest have been there for short periods. Ipswich had their years in the sun under Sir Bob. Even QPR had that season when it could have been all theirs - and perhaps if we were ever going to transition into a 'big' club, it would have been then.

I suppose Chelsea are the closest thing to it happening - a club of comparable size to QPR for many years, and they are £1bn in debt. Man City have always had a huge following. And then you have Arsenal, Man Utd, Spurs, Liverpool and to some extent Everton. It's almost impossible - in fact, probably impossible to break into that group and stay there for a considerable time.

But a new ground certainly isn't absurd - it's needed. LR is too small, too cramped, too old, and at some point or another will become too dangerous through sheer age. 40,000 is of course way too much, but there are ways and means around that, such as the clever use of 'hiding' upper sections that people on here have highlighted have been used in Canada.

And aiming high is not absurd either. Other 'smaller' clubs manage to compete at a good level through good management and forward-thinking coaching. Villareal in Spain, Dortmund in Germany, Porto in Portugal, even clubs from countries like Norway or Romania who don't disgrace themselves in the Champions League (although obviously it is easier for them to compete at a domestic level).

But of course what is absurd is the route TF and co have taken. Short term buys, horrendous wages ('it's ok, they've come on a free!'), shoving thumbs in leaks and putting wrapping paper over cracks just until we can get to the next transfer window to do the same thing all over again, every six months.

And of course, despite it all, what is never acceptable is a total lack of belief and apparent lack of effort or direction shown last Sunday. Money has got nothing to do with that. It's got to do with coaching and pride. Neither of which were apparent last weekend.

Can TF make us into a 'big' club with gates of 30,000+ each week? Personally, I doubt it, but if he can build the stadium, then it gives us a better chance of competing in the PL than we currently have.

Good god,I actually agree with this

Monaco came second in their league in 2013-14 with gates of less than 15,000.They had players of the calibre of Falcao Garcia.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 13:01 - Sep 18 with 1000 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 12:55 - Sep 18 by TheBlob

Monaco came second in their league in 2013-14 with gates of less than 15,000.They had players of the calibre of Falcao Garcia.

What's it like, seeing the light? ;)

Bare bones.

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 13:08 - Sep 18 with 991 viewsTheBlob

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 13:01 - Sep 18 by Antti_Heinola

What's it like, seeing the light? ;)

Actually I was saying something very similar while you were still swinging around in the postman's ball bag.

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 13:11 - Sep 18 with 985 viewsNW5Hoop

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 12:55 - Sep 18 by TheBlob

None of the examples are that great though. Monaco did it by financial doping so extreme that the rest of the French league was protesting about it and trying to get tax laws changed. And neither Dortmund (eight domestic league titles) or Porto (27 domestic league titles) could ever be called small clubs, even if their TV money is now far less than the big two in Spain or the Premier League. QPR aren't remotely comparable to any of those.
Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 13:30 - Sep 18 with 965 viewsTheBlob

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 13:11 - Sep 18 by NW5Hoop

None of the examples are that great though. Monaco did it by financial doping so extreme that the rest of the French league was protesting about it and trying to get tax laws changed. And neither Dortmund (eight domestic league titles) or Porto (27 domestic league titles) could ever be called small clubs, even if their TV money is now far less than the big two in Spain or the Premier League. QPR aren't remotely comparable to any of those.

Very much the fault of the French government and the draconian 75% tax bracket and tax haven Monaco could chuck money at the problem ad nauseam.Our tax system could allow such excesses if the owners had the bottle to do it - personal money.Maybe the FFP will eventually aid and abet the smaller clubs,but I won't hold my breath.Money talks and bullshit walks as they say.

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 15:23 - Sep 18 with 903 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 13:08 - Sep 18 by TheBlob

Actually I was saying something very similar while you were still swinging around in the postman's ball bag.

There's no need for that, is there?

Bare bones.

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 15:24 - Sep 18 with 899 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 13:11 - Sep 18 by NW5Hoop

Good points, i was hoping someone would spot that.
So, there's no chance then. What a horrible waste of time.

Bare bones.

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 16:24 - Sep 18 with 854 viewsTheBlob

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 15:23 - Sep 18 by Antti_Heinola

There's no need for that, is there?

Yes,yes there is.

pffffffffftttttttttt....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024