Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sooner Harry fcks off the better 16:47 - Sep 14 with 21390 viewsQPR1882

YES it is his fault

He trains them, he picks the team,he picks the formation

He makes us look mugs ever time we are live on tv
Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 18:58 - Sep 15 with 1493 viewsessextaxiboy

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 17:27 - Sep 15 by jamois

Taxi I find that a very limited perspective. What it effectively means is that the objective next year will be exactly the same because there is no forward planning and no development of the playing side of the club. We'll be aiming for 17th again next season. You may feel that your opinion is a very pragmatic one, but I personally doubt that clubs like Swansea, Hull, certainly not Southampton, are competing with the same perspective. I think their aims are broader and their blueprints for playing football certainly more evolved than ours. And this has been the case since any of them were promoted.

No , its actually unlimited ....assuming we achieve 17th this season , for me the objective next is 16th and so on . gradually recycling the squad to improve it and a planned progression of management. That way you have an acheivable target to measure against all the time . Small steps and lots of them .

Invest reasonable money in the youth development and hopefully bring young players through to either play or provide a revenue stream .

Redknapps task last year was promotion , whether we won the league by 20 points or scored in the last minute at Wembley .. He did it and took the first step back , lets see if he can take the next one ...as you know I think he can
Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 19:03 - Sep 15 with 1487 viewsmendipexile

Don't know if getting rid now would be the right move but HR and the assembled masses of the 'coaching staff' have to take responsibilty as well as the players. i would miss him though...did you see the post match press conf..."errrr.......yeah Fer's not fit......been away two weeks aint he....with Holland....didn't play a game...they probably only used him as a cone in training of something.."...Used him as a cone....FFS....priceless.....
Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 19:11 - Sep 15 with 1472 viewsjamois

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 18:58 - Sep 15 by essextaxiboy

No , its actually unlimited ....assuming we achieve 17th this season , for me the objective next is 16th and so on . gradually recycling the squad to improve it and a planned progression of management. That way you have an acheivable target to measure against all the time . Small steps and lots of them .

Invest reasonable money in the youth development and hopefully bring young players through to either play or provide a revenue stream .

Redknapps task last year was promotion , whether we won the league by 20 points or scored in the last minute at Wembley .. He did it and took the first step back , lets see if he can take the next one ...as you know I think he can

Look, I hear you right. And by gawd i hope you're right. But what about the playing side of things? Don't you think, even as an ardent Harry fan, that we seem woefully coached?

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 19:14 - Sep 15 with 1467 viewsterryb

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 14:21 - Sep 15 by PinnerPaul

RFA - We didn't win ONE single away game under Hughes!

Man City - We thought we had to win to stay up - no choice there.

Generally under Hughes we were dreadful away from home. & our victories at home v the big teams that season were generally achieved by sitting back and soaking up pressure, not going for it!

Absolutely right that we didn't win an away game under Hughes. It is also correct that the wins at the end of the season were based on soaking up pressure.

However, we did score more goals per match with him as manager than we have in the Premier under Redknapp.

What is really frighening is that the football was better & more attractive prior to the arrival of HR.

This is not meant as any defence of Hughes, but I fail to see that we have improved since his departure.
Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 19:31 - Sep 15 with 1449 viewsessextaxiboy

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 19:11 - Sep 15 by jamois

Look, I hear you right. And by gawd i hope you're right. But what about the playing side of things? Don't you think, even as an ardent Harry fan, that we seem woefully coached?

Alex Ferguson didnt do much hands on coaching , relying on assistants to implement his ideas. By engaging Mclaren and Hoddle I think he realises that he needs more than Jordan and Bond .
He also likes experienced players who can think for themselves and understand quickly rather than having to be walked through everything .. its a method which probably reflects his age and mobility
Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 19:40 - Sep 15 with 1439 viewsPunteR

I don't think Rednapp should be sacked. Way too early.
They had more better players then us.
We had chances but didn't use the ball well.
I'm still not sure on Austin at this level and Hoilet and Philips are not top premiership players either.
We've got to stabilize the club, sacking Rednapp won't help.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 21:13 - Sep 15 with 1382 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 19:31 - Sep 15 by essextaxiboy

Alex Ferguson didnt do much hands on coaching , relying on assistants to implement his ideas. By engaging Mclaren and Hoddle I think he realises that he needs more than Jordan and Bond .
He also likes experienced players who can think for themselves and understand quickly rather than having to be walked through everything .. its a method which probably reflects his age and mobility

Oh God, will you please stop invoking Ferguson in your defence of Harry! Ferguson won dozens of trophies at both an unfashionable club that did little before he arrived or since he left and turned a pathetic club in the doldrums for years with a dilapidated stadium into one of the most feared clubs in the world, winning 20 championships and a few European trophies. What he did or didn't do is completely irrelevant to what Redknapp does or doesn't do. Ferguson was a great motivator, a great tactician, a great trainer and a winner who built several great sides using both youngsters and more experienced players - but generally liked young players he could influence and mould. Comparing him to Redknapp is like comparing your posts to the works of Shakespeare.

Bare bones.

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 21:18 - Sep 15 with 1378 viewskysersosaqpr

Feck, drink, wimen!

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Login to get fewer ads

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 22:38 - Sep 15 with 1324 viewsTheBlob

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 21:13 - Sep 15 by Antti_Heinola

Oh God, will you please stop invoking Ferguson in your defence of Harry! Ferguson won dozens of trophies at both an unfashionable club that did little before he arrived or since he left and turned a pathetic club in the doldrums for years with a dilapidated stadium into one of the most feared clubs in the world, winning 20 championships and a few European trophies. What he did or didn't do is completely irrelevant to what Redknapp does or doesn't do. Ferguson was a great motivator, a great tactician, a great trainer and a winner who built several great sides using both youngsters and more experienced players - but generally liked young players he could influence and mould. Comparing him to Redknapp is like comparing your posts to the works of Shakespeare.

Ferguson nearly lost his job and then the Martin Edwards chequebook arrived.Don't forget that much of the time the oil rich owners and the like just weren't interested in football and there was little or no opposition.Ferguson was able to buy title after title.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2014 22:41]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 03:06 - Sep 16 with 1241 viewsFredManRave

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 20:21 - Sep 14 by Bluce_Ree

Not sure I'd sack him now. I'd rather go back in time and never hire him.

We've got a bloated, messy squad that won't even attempt to win the difficult games. It's going to fking suck supporting the Rs this year.

Still, it's better than supporting someone else and by default being a c*nt.

Agree in principle with the first couple of points though maybe "diffiult on the eye" as opposed to "sucking".

That's a quality last line though.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2014 3:07]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 07:47 - Sep 16 with 1181 viewswgchoop

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 20:21 - Sep 14 by Bluce_Ree

Not sure I'd sack him now. I'd rather go back in time and never hire him.

We've got a bloated, messy squad that won't even attempt to win the difficult games. It's going to fking suck supporting the Rs this year.

Still, it's better than supporting someone else and by default being a c*nt.

Best last line on this thread and something I think we can all agree on.
U Rsssssss
Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 10:30 - Sep 16 with 1132 viewsmakaveli1882

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 14:09 - Sep 15 by PinnerPaul

I think you missed one out there - small game at Wembley?

You may have heard it mentioned once or twice?

No I didn't miss one out at all, did we play Wembley F.C away ???

Pretty sure we played Derby County at a neutral Venue, and I was referring to our pathetic away form since the Christmas
Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 11:45 - Sep 16 with 1095 viewsPinnerPaul

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 10:30 - Sep 16 by makaveli1882

No I didn't miss one out at all, did we play Wembley F.C away ???

Pretty sure we played Derby County at a neutral Venue, and I was referring to our pathetic away form since the Christmas

Not at home = away to me, but lets not dwell on one of the greatest days in the club's history eh?!

Lets go over the same old ground we went over after Tottenham.
Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 12:09 - Sep 16 with 1074 viewspaulparker

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 11:45 - Sep 16 by PinnerPaul

Not at home = away to me, but lets not dwell on one of the greatest days in the club's history eh?!

Not Just Spurs Pinner but
Burton
Charlton
Forrest
Blackburn
Sheff Wed
Burnley
Leicester
Bournemouth
Derby
Everton (fa cup )

those are the away games off the top of my head we have been absolutory sh*t in
Surrendering before a ball being kicked without hardly threating the opposition
with dodgy team selections, powder puff tackling , zero passion
the thing they all have in common is our Arry was in charge overlooking them
(btw I do not include the terrible away performances when HR had us last in the Prem either )

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 12:49 - Sep 16 with 1039 viewsmakaveli1882

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 11:45 - Sep 16 by PinnerPaul

Not at home = away to me, ..............Also away for Derby though, You know how Football works if you reach a Final its played at mutual venue so there is not an advantage for either team

And in regards to the game we all know we got lucky that's why its so funny and unlike Rangers, 10 men, last minute goal one of our first shots etc etc ...but yeah great day but irrelevant to our Away record since the Christmas period which is poxy down to his tactics.

Just to confirm Wembley is not an away game
Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 15:57 - Sep 16 with 969 viewsQPR1882

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 12:49 - Sep 16 by makaveli1882

Not at home = away to me, ..............Also away for Derby though, You know how Football works if you reach a Final its played at mutual venue so there is not an advantage for either team

And in regards to the game we all know we got lucky that's why its so funny and unlike Rangers, 10 men, last minute goal one of our first shots etc etc ...but yeah great day but irrelevant to our Away record since the Christmas period which is poxy down to his tactics.

Just to confirm Wembley is not an away game

Just a quick question whose tactics won us the game at Wembley ?

Our £3m a year manager who did not have a clue what to do when he was going to make a substitution and was about to take off Hoilett off .

Or

Clint hill who could see we needed to keep Derby under some sort of pressure so suggested he came off and Hoilett ( who by the way won the ball in our half before racing up the field to win a tackle and cross for that goal ) stay on.

HR is tactically inept TWICE Hill had to make important tactical calls for him , in the final and the semi at HQ, without these calls we could well have been in the Championship.
Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 16:05 - Sep 16 with 963 viewsPinnerPaul

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 15:57 - Sep 16 by QPR1882

Our £3m a year manager who did not have a clue what to do when he was going to make a substitution and was about to take off Hoilett off .

Or

Clint hill who could see we needed to keep Derby under some sort of pressure so suggested he came off and Hoilett ( who by the way won the ball in our half before racing up the field to win a tackle and cross for that goal ) stay on.

HR is tactically inept TWICE Hill had to make important tactical calls for him , in the final and the semi at HQ, without these calls we could well have been in the Championship.

Another quick question

What did you think of McClaren's tactics at Wembley?

As I have said before if it was Harry whose team failed to breakdown 10 men in half an hour by playing every ball into the box so MOTM could head it clear AND leave their most creative and dangerous forward on the bench until last 5 minutes I wonder what the reaction would have been on here?

Yes we played badly at Man U but the ott reaction, like after Spurs, where we basically say we have never played well under Harry and we wererubbish the whole of last season inc Wembley is just ridiculous.
Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 16:16 - Sep 16 with 953 viewsQPR1882

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 16:05 - Sep 16 by PinnerPaul

Another quick question

What did you think of McClaren's tactics at Wembley?

As I have said before if it was Harry whose team failed to breakdown 10 men in half an hour by playing every ball into the box so MOTM could head it clear AND leave their most creative and dangerous forward on the bench until last 5 minutes I wonder what the reaction would have been on here?

Yes we played badly at Man U but the ott reaction, like after Spurs, where we basically say we have never played well under Harry and we wererubbish the whole of last season inc Wembley is just ridiculous.

Derbys tactics were very good, most agreed it had been a smash and grab by us. We had one shot on goal, the all important one but why did we play so deep and rely on Green,hardly great tactics. Does not take away the fact at a time of pressure a CB was making calls a manager should.

As for last season when Harry was laid low with his knee and SM was pulling the strings we were 5 points clear at the top, when Harry came back and SM left we finished the season 12 points adrift of 2nd, yes we lost Charlie for a while but whose fault is it not having a back up striker ?
[Post edited 16 Sep 2014 16:21]
Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 16:22 - Sep 16 with 945 viewsessextaxiboy

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 15:57 - Sep 16 by QPR1882

Or

As you would expect I see those situations differently . Redknapp was about to make his last substittutions in games that were looking like extra time . Only Clint would know if he was capable of that and called time on himself . At Wembley it meant Charlie Austin our best chance of a winner playing in left midfield . I believe that it was all about his fear of not being able to see the game out ,selfless of him but a tactical masterstroke?
Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 17:07 - Sep 16 with 925 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 16:22 - Sep 16 by essextaxiboy

As you would expect I see those situations differently . Redknapp was about to make his last substittutions in games that were looking like extra time . Only Clint would know if he was capable of that and called time on himself . At Wembley it meant Charlie Austin our best chance of a winner playing in left midfield . I believe that it was all about his fear of not being able to see the game out ,selfless of him but a tactical masterstroke?

Not a tactical masterstroke, no. But obvious common sense, which makes it worse, really that Harry didn't spot it.

Bare bones.

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 17:18 - Sep 16 with 913 viewspaulparker

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 17:07 - Sep 16 by Antti_Heinola

Not a tactical masterstroke, no. But obvious common sense, which makes it worse, really that Harry didn't spot it.

TBF Antti , Harry was preoccupied with what Golf club to join

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 17:31 - Sep 16 with 900 viewsstevec

It's a tactical masterstroke to get a club with 18000 capacity into the Premier League and actually believe we've a chance of staying there.

FFS get off the mans back.
Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 17:37 - Sep 16 with 890 viewsdaveB

amazing we've ever won a game under him if he's so clueless
Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 19:12 - Sep 16 with 865 viewsderbyhoop

Our season is not going to be defined by away games to any of the top 7 clubs. We're going to need around 10 wins this season and, with maybe a rare exception, they are going to come against the other 12 clubs that are unlikely to be challenging for anything in the League.
Nevertheless, the performances in the 2 away games have been woeful and, for £3m per annum, some of the blame has to rest with Harry.
BUT
if we are going to replace him, what REALISTIC targets can we set for any new man
is there anybody better than HR who would come to us, given our likely struggle this season
Redknapp, as things stand, is out of contract next Summer. Wouldn't it be better to let a highly experienced PL manager do his best with the budget available
Should the board be doing succession planning now

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 19:14 - Sep 16 with 860 viewsJamie

Sooner Harry fcks off the better on 17:37 - Sep 16 by daveB

amazing we've ever won a game under him if he's so clueless

You aren't the only one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024