Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
(Insert reactionary over the top thread name here) 17:05 - Sep 14 with 2486 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

(and angry nonsense here)
(Insert reactionary over the top thread name here) on 21:41 - Sep 14 with 743 viewsbosh67

(Insert reactionary over the top thread name here) on 20:21 - Sep 14 by ichbinnaughty

I'm a bit cheesed off.

Steady. No need for that type of language on here.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

(Insert reactionary over the top thread name here) on 23:33 - Sep 14 with 697 viewsichbinnaughty

(Insert reactionary over the top thread name here) on 21:41 - Sep 14 by bosh67

Steady. No need for that type of language on here.

Hmm very true.
I am acutely annoyed at how predictable it all was today.
(Insert reactionary over the top thread name here) on 23:40 - Sep 14 with 689 viewsINFIRMARY

Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.

Poll: F@ck OFF Arry Now

(Insert reactionary over the top thread name here) on 04:43 - Sep 15 with 629 viewsozexile

(Insert reactionary over the top thread name here) on 20:19 - Sep 14 by ichbinnaughty

The point I was going to make.

Ailsa is absolutely pilloried on here. But the last time we were at least competitive - and went on that run of home games beating the like of Liverpool, Arsenal & Tottenham at home (not to mention the scum and one or two other Hal decent results) was back then.

I'm utterly sick to the back teeth of how fckn lame and tame we are against the supposed big teams.
We rarely ever play better than "appallingly", making fundamental errors, and having as much ambition as the Queen, setting up and then trying to play a game of containment rather than trying to impose our strengths onto the opposition.
I'm fed up of reading match reports where we essentially don't turn up.
It's embarrassing and boring.

I don't think Arry is solely to blame. A player needs to have that competitive fire burning in his belly throughout a game to win 50:50 balls, to play passes to a teammate in space, to control a ball, to have the courage to have a fckn go. It's not like any of our players don't know how to do that. It's not like over half of them haven't played big occasions for big clubs. They need to man up and ask some serious questions of themselves.

There's an excellent squad there with potential to be a decent top flight team; but that doesn't happen to you. You've got to go out and make it happen over 90 minutes at least once a week. Week after week.

We need to grow a spine. And a pair of balls. And light that fire in the belly.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2014 20:20]

Thank you for saying exactly what I was going to say.
(Insert reactionary over the top thread name here) on 08:54 - Sep 15 with 566 viewsHantsR

(Insert reactionary over the top thread name here) on 20:19 - Sep 14 by ichbinnaughty

The point I was going to make.

Ailsa is absolutely pilloried on here. But the last time we were at least competitive - and went on that run of home games beating the like of Liverpool, Arsenal & Tottenham at home (not to mention the scum and one or two other Hal decent results) was back then.

I'm utterly sick to the back teeth of how fckn lame and tame we are against the supposed big teams.
We rarely ever play better than "appallingly", making fundamental errors, and having as much ambition as the Queen, setting up and then trying to play a game of containment rather than trying to impose our strengths onto the opposition.
I'm fed up of reading match reports where we essentially don't turn up.
It's embarrassing and boring.

I don't think Arry is solely to blame. A player needs to have that competitive fire burning in his belly throughout a game to win 50:50 balls, to play passes to a teammate in space, to control a ball, to have the courage to have a fckn go. It's not like any of our players don't know how to do that. It's not like over half of them haven't played big occasions for big clubs. They need to man up and ask some serious questions of themselves.

There's an excellent squad there with potential to be a decent top flight team; but that doesn't happen to you. You've got to go out and make it happen over 90 minutes at least once a week. Week after week.

We need to grow a spine. And a pair of balls. And light that fire in the belly.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2014 20:20]

' to win 50:50 balls, to play passes to a teammate in space, to control a ball,' You want a lot don't you!? Next you'll be saying retain possession and don't play long hopeful balls upfield. What do you expect for only £50K+ pw?
(Insert reactionary over the top thread name here) on 10:34 - Sep 15 with 531 viewsSomersetHoops

If Hoddle is now being paid by the club, then its time he started to earn it. Its clear Harry hasn't got a clue tactically by sending out our team to defend deep and invite them on to us there were few opportunities for an interception high enough up the pitch to lead to a goal. I could have accepted the 4 - 0 defeat if Manure had played well, but they didn't. In fact they were poor we just made them look good and sent the media in ecstasies of exaggerated praise. It won't be long before a team prepared to take Manure on will beat them. I was hoping from all the crap Harry spouted we might have at least tried to do it, but we didn't.

Who's Next?

(Insert reactionary over the top thread name here) on 11:10 - Sep 15 with 518 viewsDoughnut

(Insert reactionary over the top thread name here) on 21:03 - Sep 14 by batmanhoop

this 1000 fold, just turn up and bend over, absolute disgraceful performance

Perfectly put..in a nutshell.....When we play a big team on the telly it's.. 'Turn up and Bend -over!! Every f**King time!!! Harry is not the answer!
(Insert reactionary over the top thread name here) on 12:32 - Sep 15 with 492 viewswhittocksRs

Cannot understand why some Rangers fans refuse to allow any criticism of even the most fecking dire performances. It's the same principle that we're not allowed to criticise Fernandes, even though his long-term motives are still questionable and unclear. We're entitled to be angry if we watch eleven professional footballers playing like eleven non-professional footballers.

No-one expected us to beat United, and the bounce they had was always going to a problem, but you won't see many more spineless performances from any Premier League team this year.

There were so many problems with the way we set up, and moreso, we completely ignored the fact they had a really poor defence playing together for the first time. Other teams will beat them at Old Trafford this year by actually going for it and sitting on Jonny Evans, Travis Bickle or whatever that 19-year-old is called and centre midfielder Daley Blind.

I'm convinced we'd have scored if we'd actually opened the game up a bit, pressured higher up the pitch and gave it a go. If we'd done that I think we'd have gone down 3-1 or 4-2. Nobody would have complained.
Login to get fewer ads

(Insert reactionary over the top thread name here) on 12:40 - Sep 15 with 482 viewsrsonist

Exactly. If we're going to get outgunned by £200m of world class talent then so be it. But the way we set ourselves up they didn't have to show any of that talent to beat us comfortably. We'd have lost to any side in the league (and probably below) playing like that.
(Insert reactionary over the top thread name here) on 21:31 - Sep 15 with 416 viewsFredManRave

Ironically the vast majority of posts in this thread have been anything but nonsense. Angry, maybe, but certainly not nonsense and not over the top either, imo. In fact having read the majority of threads after Sundays "performance" the vast majority of posts regarding our performance could be labelled as constructive criticism. Sure there have been a few over reactions but in general the vast majority were understandably p+ssed off with the way we set ourselves up for the game, effectively not giving ourselves a chance from kick off with our "sit back and soak it up" approach. We got exactly what we deserved with that type of approach.

Most before the game suggested we should at least give it a go, that their weakest link was their defence and that despite their new arrivals they were not the Utd of recent years and could be got at as Swansea had proved. Not many of us expected anything from the game, that was a reality that we all had but we'd at least hoped we would make a fist of it and if we were to go down at least go down fighting having left everything on the pitch. That, annoyingly, was nowhere near the case and that's what most are justifiably angry about.

I'd be genuinely amazed if anybody would actually back the sit back and let them come at us approach that we took instead of at least having a go, closing down higher up the pitch, geting in their faces at putting a few tackles in approach that most other teams will take up to Ol Trafford this season.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

(Insert reactionary over the top thread name here) on 23:20 - Sep 15 with 401 viewsichbinnaughty

(Insert reactionary over the top thread name here) on 21:31 - Sep 15 by FredManRave

Ironically the vast majority of posts in this thread have been anything but nonsense. Angry, maybe, but certainly not nonsense and not over the top either, imo. In fact having read the majority of threads after Sundays "performance" the vast majority of posts regarding our performance could be labelled as constructive criticism. Sure there have been a few over reactions but in general the vast majority were understandably p+ssed off with the way we set ourselves up for the game, effectively not giving ourselves a chance from kick off with our "sit back and soak it up" approach. We got exactly what we deserved with that type of approach.

Most before the game suggested we should at least give it a go, that their weakest link was their defence and that despite their new arrivals they were not the Utd of recent years and could be got at as Swansea had proved. Not many of us expected anything from the game, that was a reality that we all had but we'd at least hoped we would make a fist of it and if we were to go down at least go down fighting having left everything on the pitch. That, annoyingly, was nowhere near the case and that's what most are justifiably angry about.

I'd be genuinely amazed if anybody would actually back the sit back and let them come at us approach that we took instead of at least having a go, closing down higher up the pitch, geting in their faces at putting a few tackles in approach that most other teams will take up to Ol Trafford this season.

This. ^

I'm still smarting.

Most of our players have played in bigger, higher profile games than this; and played better to forge reputations.
I'm talking World Cups (Isla, Vargas, Fer, Rio, Green..alright, alright), Champions Leagues (Rio, Sandro), Title deciders (Rio), FA Cup finals (Rio, Green) etc. not to mention big club games (play offs for instance).
The space we afforded them was pub standard. Unbelievable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024