Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Focus on a few players 22:06 - Sep 14 with 2835 viewsWestbourneR

Isla - been very poor so far. Woke up when his buddy Vargas came on but he has been terrible.

Austin - today exposed him. Touch, foot speed and pace are not Prem quality.

Hoilett - worked really hard today and that impressed me. If only he had a few tricks to actually beat a man.

Phillips - poor but I still believe he's got enough to make it at this level.

Krancjar - dreadful.

Fer - good player but no someone for the final third, very limited vision

Pains me to say it but we need Adel. Still haven't managed to replace him.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Focus on a few players on 22:11 - Sep 14 with 2185 viewsAntti_Heinola

Seen a few negative comments seem to be writing off Austin. Find that very strange. 1 goal in 3 games. Had a tough day today, but seeing as the rest of the team were 30 yards behind him I'm not really sure what he was supposed to do. One good pass in the game might've helped him I suppose.

He'll be fine and will get 10-12 goals this season. He learns fast and has a great ethic. The least of our problems, really.

Bare bones.

Focus on a few players on 22:15 - Sep 14 with 2169 viewsBasingstokeR

Isla - "very poor / terrible" - really?

Austin - what are you saying about today particularly "exposed him"? The lack of service and or support from the rest of the team? The lack of any real chances for him? It wasn't Man Utd's "tremendously talented" defence!
Focus on a few players on 22:31 - Sep 14 with 2082 viewsbosh67

I thought Isla was outstanding against Sunderland. He was up against a £60m wonder player today.

Austin was subbed to protect his hamstring. He's still not 100% fit.

If Hoilett can stay fit now he will be fine.

Phillips - perhaps more games and the kid needs to learn to shoot.

Krancjar - Looked much fitter today. Not much pace though.

Fer - Last week he was about 10 yards off Charlie at all times and it worked. This week he was forced too deep.

The pace of Utd and in particular Di Maria was the difference. Only when Traore came on did we push them back occasionally.

For me Ollie nearly got it right with Blackpool a few seasons ago. You sit back at this level and you are going to get beaten. You take the game to the better teams at pace and it will scare them... once at least.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Focus on a few players on 22:31 - Sep 14 with 2076 viewsQPRMUSO

Only one point I can agree with you on and that's Philips.
Focus on a few players on 23:14 - Sep 14 with 1946 viewsDevonWhite

Very harsh on both Isla and Austin.
Focus on a few players on 09:39 - Sep 15 with 1623 viewsfakekerby

You can't really blame the players for the performance, the tactics were completely wrong.

Traore, an average player, proved how poor the United defence was with his two runs through the middle. They could have gifted us two goals on another day.

United were not that good at all, they will finish 5th-7th - we showed them so much respect and room we might as well have started the game bent over with our pants down.

On the ball our players have ability but the tactics off the ball were wrong wrong wrong.

We will do much better against Stoke.
Focus on a few players on 10:15 - Sep 15 with 1538 viewsdaveB

I thought Austin did ok with no support at all and Niko looked alright on the ball as well on the rare occasion we had it
Focus on a few players on 10:16 - Sep 15 with 1534 views1MoreBrightonR

Not really sure what people think Austin could have done yesterday playing on his own up front and with no service?
Login to get fewer ads

Focus on a few players on 10:18 - Sep 15 with 1530 viewsRangersw12

Thought Austin did well enough and is certainly good enough for this league if he gets the service

Don't know why people feel the need to write players off so quickly
Focus on a few players on 10:31 - Sep 15 with 1487 viewsadhoc_qpr

Fer was the worst for me - watching him casually jog along behind Utd midfielders and then give up and stand still while Rooney is left completely unmarked 10 metres away and scores.

Phillips was dreadful, reminded me of his namesake Shaun Wright-Phillips, put in the running but was completely useless when it came to execution.

Austin had no chance to do anything today, so can't really judge him.

Krancjar was pretty poor, but i have no idea what Harry was thinking of playing him in a midfield 3 as he just doesn't have the legs for it. At least he still has the technique to take a ball under pressure and lay it off to a teammate.

Sandro was a bit disappointing as the game pretty much passed him by and then he got injured.
Focus on a few players on 10:32 - Sep 15 with 1485 viewsDiscodroids

despite the shed pounds , beau brummel niko still had the speed energy and drive of east german trabant.

will be overwhelmed this season in the premiership midfield arena of athletes .

its like putting franny lee up against ya ya toure or willie carr against hazard.

its cruel and like badger baiting.it should be stopped.toot sweet.

other than the afore mentioned highlight of watching henry and bond discuss logarithims on the touchline yesterday at 4 nil down..the spectacular sight of traore windmilling his way through the utd team like franz klammer on Lysergic acid diethylamide with the end product of lifer charlie bronsons soft chalk sketchings of one of his hostages had me in stitches.

makes tony scully look like emilo butragueno in the masterclass finishing school

he really is complete shit. .

and i commend this statement to the house.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2014 10:39]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Focus on a few players on 10:34 - Sep 15 with 1478 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Isla was fantastic vs Sunderland and played two hard games against International teams, then played one of the worlds best wingers. Give him a break

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Focus on a few players on 10:42 - Sep 15 with 1448 viewsWestbourneR

Focus on a few players on 10:31 - Sep 15 by adhoc_qpr

Fer was the worst for me - watching him casually jog along behind Utd midfielders and then give up and stand still while Rooney is left completely unmarked 10 metres away and scores.

Phillips was dreadful, reminded me of his namesake Shaun Wright-Phillips, put in the running but was completely useless when it came to execution.

Austin had no chance to do anything today, so can't really judge him.

Krancjar was pretty poor, but i have no idea what Harry was thinking of playing him in a midfield 3 as he just doesn't have the legs for it. At least he still has the technique to take a ball under pressure and lay it off to a teammate.

Sandro was a bit disappointing as the game pretty much passed him by and then he got injured.

You're right about Fer, he completely failed to track back for Rooney's goal.

Not sure he's 100% 'the right sort'.

We missed Barton. Not that he helped much versus Spurs.

Focus on a few players on 10:44 - Sep 15 with 1437 viewsWestbourneR

Tony Scully. Please don't remind me.

Passing to Traore is like throwing a ball to be fetched by a very simple dog.

And he does love a suicidal square ball around our own box.

Speaks volumes that he was pretty much our best player vs Utd.

Focus on a few players (n/t) on 11:07 - Sep 15 with 1389 viewsfrancisbowles

Focus on a few players on 10:15 - Sep 15 by daveB

I thought Austin did ok with no support at all and Niko looked alright on the ball as well on the rare occasion we had it

Focus on a few players on 11:12 - Sep 15 with 1378 viewsfrancisbowles

Focus on a few players on 10:15 - Sep 15 by daveB

That's how I saw it too. I also thought that Traore once again demonstrated that he is an impact player. Much better when coming off the bench, very risky to start with him at lb.
Focus on a few players on 12:23 - Sep 15 with 1275 viewswhittocksRs

No idea how you get 'not good enough for this level' from a game where Austin had absolutely no support. He won plenty of headers against a weak United defence but there was never anyone there to build play.

Can't see how Isla gets the blame for being put in two-on-one situations all game by Phillips' lack of pressuring and poor positional sense.

Fer was slow getting back and that is worrying, but he'll win us games this season.

Phillips HAS to learn the defensive side of his game quickly, for we can't continue to risk playing him and letting the defence get over-run.

Hoilett wasn't bad, but again needs to help out more at the back before breaking forwards at speed - that's the only way we'll get anything from the big boys this season.

Couldn't work out what position Krancjar was going for.

Caulker and Ferdinand were at fault for goals, but in general they've been great this season so you allow them a bad game (especially Caulker).

We needed Barton in that game to keep tighter to the on-rushing midfielders. They just glided through unopposed.
Focus on a few players on 12:35 - Sep 15 with 1238 viewsDiscodroids

fair post but i dont think the two center backs have been great, nine goals conceeded in 4 premier games and could have been more, isnt exactly inter milan circa @1981.

think harold has bought well( exc niko .k. obv) other than budding fredrick forsyth and media whore rio.

its all very well the first ten yards being in your head, but having the legs of swamp thing hinders the next ten yards as well.

ned should be reintroduced pronto next to caulker, but there more chance of me inviting rotherham police chief and uber cnt shaun wright round for earl grey and peak freans than harold dropping the anointed one.

entry to this tired out, shagged out old boys club alive and well in 2014.

Free to those that can afford it, very expensive to those that can't.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2014 12:40]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Focus on a few players on 12:46 - Sep 15 with 1189 viewsWestbourneR

Got to say it's ridiculous Nedem Onouha has been ignored so far this season (unless he's injured?). He's got to come back in for me.

Focus on a few players on 12:53 - Sep 15 with 1166 viewsDiscodroids

has ned been nominated by two other members of the craft (jordan and bond), and has chief architect (fernandes ) set light to the lifeless fingers of 'the hand of glory ' in the pale moonlight ??

if so , ned may have a chance of getting in the side.

'Who holds back the electric car?
Who makes niko krancjar a star?
We do! We do!'..

[Post edited 15 Sep 2014 13:04]

Focus on a few players on 12:54 - Sep 15 with 1161 viewsR_from_afar

The lesson Redknapp (and Hoddle and all our other many coaches) need to learn is to keep it tight, firstly, because we are playing at a very high level and will otherwise risk a mauling and secondly, because we are simply not going to be a free scoring side this season (or possibly ever, given what now appears to be a club ethos of estimating how many strikers we need, then subtracting at least one, ideally, two from that number).

That means playing two dogged, committed defensive midfielders who stick to their task in a disciplined way and who not rush up the pitch trying to score a wonder goal, then break into a light jog on the way back.

I'm not sure if Sandro can be one of those two yet but I think we would've been better having Henry in the middle from the start. I like Barton/Henry as the midfield two.

The media are having a field day crowing about ManUre but they could've easily conceded three or four. They look vulnerable at the back and more like a group of individuals than a proper team. I feel Van Gaal is "buying players" not building a team. Compare and contrast with Chelski: there is no way they would've been as porous as Man U were in the second 45 had they been 3-0 up at half time.

Rangers also need to work harder on their finishing. We are not going to get a lot of chances so we much improve in that respect. That has been the case for donkeys' years, though, sadly.

There were some positives for me in that Traore was lively and Vargas made some decent runs.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Focus on a few players on 13:11 - Sep 15 with 1109 viewsbosh67

We got tighter in midfield when Henry came on. Remember that Sandro hasn't played a game for ages so to come in to the central midfield position against a refinanced United was always a tough ask. I think he will be fine alongside Barton.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Focus on a few players on 13:12 - Sep 15 with 1107 viewsHAYESBOY

Blimey. Funny how people see things differently.

Agree partially on Phillips but not on anything else there.

Think Isla has done well apart from the Spuds game.

Austin hasnt looked out of place.

Hoillett has been good the past two games.

Fer looks more like a no10 and is better playing further up the field. Has done well for someone with no pre-season. Looks good on the ball.

We certainly dont need Adel. Be nice to have as an option, yes.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Focus on a few players on 13:25 - Sep 15 with 1077 viewsTHEBUSH

Until we start playing as a team, it's easy to pick out individual players faults.

Once our players get into the team ethic (hopefully) and play as a unit, life will be a lot easier for them !!
Focus on a few players on 13:28 - Sep 15 with 1071 viewsR_from_afar

Focus on a few players on 13:11 - Sep 15 by bosh67

We got tighter in midfield when Henry came on. Remember that Sandro hasn't played a game for ages so to come in to the central midfield position against a refinanced United was always a tough ask. I think he will be fine alongside Barton.

Wow, so that's at least two Rs fans who don't think KH is absolute pony! Who knew?

RFA (not related to Mr Henry at all)

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024