Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vargas 22:56 - Sep 14 with 3358 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Has to start up front with Austin for me on Saturday. You could see today Austin needed someone upfront with him, all these balls he was knocking on with no one there, and with the time Vargas was on one of the real positives was his movement and positioning. Poor performance but if we see Austin and Vargas up front together i think we could see a good partnership up top. Also don't think Phillips should start, very poor game

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Vargas on 06:44 - Sep 15 with 2462 viewscyprusmel

I too would like to see Vargas and Austin start together. I think Harry was saving Barton and Yun Suk Yun for the Stoke game so I expect them to start as well.
Vargas on 13:15 - Sep 15 with 2102 viewsHAYESBOY

Certainly Vargas is not a lone striker type of forward. He either plays in a 2 up top or he plays just behind.
Only thing then is do we play 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 to accomodate the playing 2 up top?

Smells like a trout farm in here

Vargas on 13:36 - Sep 15 with 2059 viewsTheBlob

He normally plays in a two up top with Alexis Sanchez for Chile,not a bad old combination..Can play up front on his own but a tad lightweight - like Radamel Falcao Garcia.
Austin and Vargas combo sounds quite tasty,maybe we'll get a glimpse on Saturday.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Vargas on 13:53 - Sep 15 with 2018 viewsdaveB

only way to play 2 up front is to play 3-5-2 again which is probably unlikely to happen
Vargas on 13:55 - Sep 15 with 2004 viewsNorthernr

I expect him to replace Hoilett or Phillips and support Austin from wide if we keep lining up as we are.
Vargas on 14:03 - Sep 15 with 1961 viewsEalingRanger

I thought he looked sharp when he came on, ran the channels well.
Vargas on 14:04 - Sep 15 with 1955 viewssimmo

Wouldnt be surprised to see Traore play ahead of Hill either, given how well he did when he came on. It goes to show it doesnt matter what division you'e in, if you have pacey direct players willing to commit opposition you will cause them problems.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Vargas on 14:04 - Sep 15 with 1956 viewsLoft1979

Vargas on 13:55 - Sep 15 by Northernr

I expect him to replace Hoilett or Phillips and support Austin from wide if we keep lining up as we are.

Concur
Login to get fewer ads

Vargas on 14:14 - Sep 15 with 1924 viewsPinnerPaul

Vargas on 13:55 - Sep 15 by Northernr

Good shout Clive, yes and you would think of those two Philips should be the one to give way.
Vargas on 16:39 - Sep 15 with 1819 viewsfrancisbowles

Vargas on 14:04 - Sep 15 by simmo

Wouldnt be surprised to see Traore play ahead of Hill either, given how well he did when he came on. It goes to show it doesnt matter what division you'e in, if you have pacey direct players willing to commit opposition you will cause them problems.

Please no, not at lb, when he starts there he always wants to pass the ball inside and gives the opposition an early opportunity.

Far better to use him as an impact sub or left midfield.

The key to surviving this division is not to concede early. 0-0 at half time and then change things 2nd half to push for the three points.
Vargas on 17:02 - Sep 15 with 1777 viewsPinnerPaul

Vargas on 16:39 - Sep 15 by francisbowles

Please no, not at lb, when he starts there he always wants to pass the ball inside and gives the opposition an early opportunity.

Far better to use him as an impact sub or left midfield.

The key to surviving this division is not to concede early. 0-0 at half time and then change things 2nd half to push for the three points.

Which is exactly what Harry is doing and, of course, getting untold stick for it.

We will do well to lose just 40% of our games this season, are we going to have this "Harry Out" rant after EVERY defeat?

PS Some of those defeats WILL be to teams outside the top 7 as well!
Vargas on 17:50 - Sep 15 with 1689 viewsLoft1979

Vargas on 14:14 - Sep 15 by PinnerPaul

Good shout Clive, yes and you would think of those two Philips should be the one to give way.

For me,
I think Joey fits beside sandro. Then Fer , Mutch, and Vargas , and Austin up to.
Vargas on 17:54 - Sep 15 with 1676 viewsAntti_Heinola

Vargas on 17:02 - Sep 15 by PinnerPaul

Which is exactly what Harry is doing and, of course, getting untold stick for it.

We will do well to lose just 40% of our games this season, are we going to have this "Harry Out" rant after EVERY defeat?

PS Some of those defeats WILL be to teams outside the top 7 as well!

eh? We've been 3-0 down at half time in two games out of four. How is that keeping it tight and 0-0 until half time?

If you look at it, very, very few people are calling for Harry to be sacked. Even I'm not, and I can't stand him. But we are allowed to criticise after pathetic, no-plan, no-guts displays like that, are we not? Or should we all just roll over and let the big clubs (and Arry, and TF) tickle our tummies like that starting XI did yesterday?

Have some bloody gumption, Pinner.

Bare bones.

Vargas on 18:07 - Sep 15 with 1649 viewsDiscodroids

Vargas on 14:04 - Sep 15 by simmo

and a lethal finish to boot!!

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Vargas on 18:36 - Sep 15 with 1623 viewsBklynRanger

Shirley 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 is possible with the players we now have, if they're all fit?

e.g.:

Green
Isla - Caulker - Rio - Yun(ffs)
Barton - Fer - Sandro - Mutch
------------Vargas-----
----------------Austin--------------

That doesn't look too suicidal to me.
Vargas on 21:47 - Sep 15 with 1508 viewstimcocking

Yes, very realistic suggestion.
Vargas on 22:21 - Sep 15 with 1449 viewsFearless

Head injury and stitches tonight
Vargas on 01:26 - Sep 16 with 1368 viewskensalriser

Vargas on 22:21 - Sep 15 by Fearless

Head injury and stitches tonight

Vargas? What did he do, trip over his shoelace?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Vargas on 16:12 - Sep 16 with 1212 viewseastside_r

I see that 'Huggy Bear' *scored for the U21 side against Millwall.

* - I have unilaterally decided that this should be his nickname.
Vargas on 16:24 - Sep 16 with 1193 viewsessextaxiboy

Vargas on 01:26 - Sep 16 by kensalriser

Vargas? What did he do, trip over his shoelace?

He was really putting himself about , sort of an airborne Diakite ..
Vargas on 18:30 - Sep 16 with 1128 viewswombat

Vargas on 16:24 - Sep 16 by essextaxiboy

He was really putting himself about , sort of an airborne Diakite ..

Most of diakite tackles were so airborne air traffic control stopped planes flying over during games when he was playing , I'd drop him in for Phillips who has gone backwards this season so far I'm sorry to say

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Vargas on 18:39 - Sep 16 with 1116 viewsTheBlob

Wants to sign a permanent contract,says the Prem suits his style admirably.
We'll see my old Inca chum,we'll see.

Vargas on 19:17 - Sep 16 with 1076 viewsBklynRanger

Vargas on 18:39 - Sep 16 by TheBlob

Wants to sign a permanent contract,says the Prem suits his style admirably.
We'll see my old Inca chum,we'll see.

Chileans aren't Incas, Blob. They're Mapuches and whatnot.
Vargas on 19:30 - Sep 16 with 1058 viewsTheBlob

Vargas on 19:17 - Sep 16 by BklynRanger

Chileans aren't Incas, Blob. They're Mapuches and whatnot.

Conquered by the Incas around 1470 - looked it up mate before I posted.

Vargas on 19:42 - Sep 16 with 1037 viewsBklynRanger

Vargas on 19:30 - Sep 16 by TheBlob

Conquered by the Incas around 1470 - looked it up mate before I posted.

The Incas were mainly around the northern part of Chile if anywhere. The Mapuche were, and still are, around Santiago (where Vargas is from) and further South. So he's a Mapuche! (All my in-laws are Chilean). Sort out your sauces!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024