Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back 00:27 - Sep 15 with 4346 viewsRed_Ranger

That's not football club, it's just a very very big business.
Sad place full of tourists, half n half scarfs and a load of nightclub bouncers wearing hi viz jackets.
You can see why a load of their fans fkkd off to start FCManchester or what ever it's called.
Good luck to them.
If that's where all football is going - no thanks.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2014 6:55]
Just back on 09:40 - Sep 15 with 2937 viewsDWQPR

Fair point well made, the number of people we spoke to either on the train on the way up or on the bus back to the station who said it was their first ever visit to OT. And these were English people, all grown ups, some middle aged and all 'life long supporters. I mean what is the f**king point? It is all about the money and the street vendors are an integral part of all of this, half and half scarfs, Di Maria scarves, Blind scarfs, Rojo scarves and Mark Falco scarves. VVankers the complete lot of them. And the biggest gathering of Koreans outside of Souel to negotiate your way through taking f**king photos of anything and everything. Had a quick pint in the bar that was open at the cricket ground before hand and a Manc dad came up to us with his two young sons, both soon to be qualified for the full kit vvanker website if they are not careful and wanted a photo of them together with my mate who happened to have a Rangers shirt on. I mean, what is that all about. If I had taken my lad I would have wanted him to have a photo done lamping one of the fake Mancs.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Just back on 09:50 - Sep 15 with 2892 viewsRblock_James

Agree. Never again for me.

Absolute tourist hell hole, made even worse when the train from the ground back to Piccadilly broke down

The football equivalent of Disney land.

Iceing on the cake, pulling into Euston only for the train driver to congratulate Man United over the tannoy. Thunderc@nt.
Just back on 10:07 - Sep 15 with 2816 viewsnadera78

Just back on 09:40 - Sep 15 by DWQPR

Fair point well made, the number of people we spoke to either on the train on the way up or on the bus back to the station who said it was their first ever visit to OT. And these were English people, all grown ups, some middle aged and all 'life long supporters. I mean what is the f**king point? It is all about the money and the street vendors are an integral part of all of this, half and half scarfs, Di Maria scarves, Blind scarfs, Rojo scarves and Mark Falco scarves. VVankers the complete lot of them. And the biggest gathering of Koreans outside of Souel to negotiate your way through taking f**king photos of anything and everything. Had a quick pint in the bar that was open at the cricket ground before hand and a Manc dad came up to us with his two young sons, both soon to be qualified for the full kit vvanker website if they are not careful and wanted a photo of them together with my mate who happened to have a Rangers shirt on. I mean, what is that all about. If I had taken my lad I would have wanted him to have a photo done lamping one of the fake Mancs.

This will be us at Old Oak. 25k QPR fans, 10k Man Utd / Arse / etc, 5k tourists.
Just back on 10:31 - Sep 15 with 2744 viewsRed_Ranger

Just back on 09:50 - Sep 15 by Rblock_James

Agree. Never again for me.

Absolute tourist hell hole, made even worse when the train from the ground back to Piccadilly broke down

The football equivalent of Disney land.

Iceing on the cake, pulling into Euston only for the train driver to congratulate Man United over the tannoy. Thunderc@nt.

The football equivalent of Disney land. - spot on.
Just back on 11:10 - Sep 15 with 2674 viewsDevonWhite

I had to give a bloke in a Man Utd shirt directions back to Piccadilly after the game.
Just back on 11:17 - Sep 15 with 2646 viewswrinklyhoop

Just back on 11:10 - Sep 15 by DevonWhite

I had to give a bloke in a Man Utd shirt directions back to Piccadilly after the game.

Yeah we were accosted by a couple of Manc imposters looking for directions while legging it back to Piccadilly. Just strode on as we didn't have time to sort them out. I bet they both had smart phones with maps but too useless to work out where they were. Wonder if they're back in London yet!
Just back on 11:21 - Sep 15 with 2624 viewsJuzzie

Disneyland.... good analogy.

It's been a business for years. Probably started long before they removed 'Football Club' from the badge to make 'Manchester United' a more prominent branding.

This is why you can't compare Man Utd with FFP. They can sign a player like Di Maria for £70m because they have the income stream to be able to do it. We don't.

It's also why FFP is completely flawed, it will just allow the big clubs to become more of a cartel than they already are and effectivley kill off once and for all the PL as a contest between 18 clubs. It's already been and will continue to be a division of at least 4 sub-divisions.

And we're supposedly 'all that's wrong with football'?
Just back on 11:51 - Sep 15 with 2520 viewshovehoop

Great analogy. You should see the wall to wall Utd 'fans' in Brighton/Hove pubs on match day. None of which have been to Old Trafford. A visiting relative from Middlesbrough couldn't believe it and went walking up and down the bar asking customers what part of Manchester they were from or had any form of connection with!

I don't look on the Prem as an equal competition. The likes of Utd and Chelsea these days are European teams set up to compete well in Europe. It's made our domestic cup competitions seem incidental. I don't seriously expect to win any points off top 6 teams so never expected a result there yesterday. Though did expect some closing down and fitness for which multi million pound talent isn't a prerequisite. That's the bit I struggle with.
Login to get fewer ads

Just back on 12:31 - Sep 15 with 2400 viewssmegma

Just back on 09:40 - Sep 15 by DWQPR

Blind scarf ?? Is that for a guide dog or a blind person ?
Just back on 12:46 - Sep 15 with 2343 viewsTacticalR

Just back on 12:31 - Sep 15 by smegma

Blind scarf ?? Is that for a guide dog or a blind person ?

I thought it was a pirate name.

Air hostess clique

Just back on 13:01 - Sep 15 with 2280 viewsR_from_afar

Van Gaal is building the world's most expensive house of cards. I simply can't see them finishing in the top four. He's ended up with a clutch of mega stars who he will be forced to shoe horn into the starting line-up week in week out, to the detriment of the team's balance and formation.

If they have a bad season, they will be stuck with a hugely expensive squad.

Good point re. FFP. The current rules are a joke, a sop to the big clubs.

Did you see the fawning ManUre fans gasping and clapping all sorts of minor things? Truly vomit inducing. Falcao manages to get his alice band straight...applause (OK, I made that up, but even so). Ugh. They have achieved nothing so far, one poxy win.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Just back on 13:06 - Sep 15 with 2257 viewsBluce_Ree

I didn't go but I did go to the FA Cup defeat a few years back and it was the most soulless, awful place. Their crowd didn't do anything until they scored and even then it was so expected that their hearts clearly weren't in it.

Made worse by some muggy chav near me who spent the entire time pointing at each Utd fan aggressively from a distance and acting like there was actually a chance he'd be fighting them all.

£50 for one of the shittest footballing experiences I've ever had.

Luckily it was kind of a local game for me. Everyone travelling back down south was delayed for several hours because some daft fking c*nts were cleaning a bridge on the motorway. D1ckheads.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Just back on 13:15 - Sep 15 with 2231 viewsJuzzie

Just back on 14:40 - Sep 15 with 2053 viewsthemodfather

the game a few years back, where we lost 2-0...derry wrongly sent off etc
killed it for me....young was offside, so no foul, no red and no goal from the pen!!
but the stewards actively bullied away fans, ejecting endless and finally one qpr fan was dragged down the big steps, causing many qpr to step in....finally police took away a steward....ejected for standing, ok but a few feet away...70,000+ mancs were standing too.
stick it.
and the time before, night cup game when some to55er closed to motorway to clean the bridges, meaning a 7 hr trek home....utd can rot.
Just back on 16:02 - Sep 15 with 1922 viewsHayesender

Awful club, awful stadium, awful fans.

Everything about the place is awful and I refuse to spend one penny of my hard earned going there to watch us roll over and get our bellies tickled.

The same goes for Stamford Bridge, man city and Anfield.

The only one I'll go to is arsenal as all my family on my dad's side are gooners, so it means something

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Just back on 16:14 - Sep 15 with 1889 viewspaulparker

Just back on 16:02 - Sep 15 by Hayesender

Awful club, awful stadium, awful fans.

Everything about the place is awful and I refuse to spend one penny of my hard earned going there to watch us roll over and get our bellies tickled.

The same goes for Stamford Bridge, man city and Anfield.

The only one I'll go to is arsenal as all my family on my dad's side are gooners, so it means something

TBF the stadium is one of the best ive been to and I include Wembley & the emirates
(Arsenal home fans are worst than Man Ure fans )
great views & atmosphere from behind the goal when we went their a couple of years back in the league cup
Manchester was also good for a pre match drink up
hate the club & their fans although I do know a couple of lads who used to go in the eighties & they aint to bad
what sums them up is the 4 prats who work in my office who have never been, but have w*nked themselves silly over di maria and falcao this morning

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:41 - Sep 15 with 1844 viewsjamois

Just back on 16:14 - Sep 15 by paulparker

TBF the stadium is one of the best ive been to and I include Wembley & the emirates
great views & atmosphere from behind the goal when we went their a couple of years back in the league cup
hate the club & their fans although I do know a couple of lads who used to go in the eighties & they aint to bad
what sums them up is the 4 prats who work in my office who have never been, but have w*nked themselves silly over di maria and falcao this morning

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Just back on 16:42 - Sep 15 with 1841 viewsjamois

Just back on 16:14 - Sep 15 by paulparker

Sorry mate, I usually agree with your postings but I happen to think OT is a nasty suburban brick shelter, the sort of thing that sprung up everywhere when Maggie was in her pomp. Belongs in Brookside. The Cul-de-sac of Dreams. And I was at that game in the cup and the atmosphere was amazing because we turned up in big numbers and were all up for it because we'd been shlepping it in the football league for so long. It was a taste of 'the big time'. But the rest of the place resembled Harold Shipman's basement.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Just back on 16:57 - Sep 15 with 1813 viewsparker64

I remember going there first game of the season I think, 1983. We were complete underdogs and got outplayed the first half. Second half was all us and we gave it a go. Unlucky to lose. Great goal from Clive Allen. Played some good stuff that day. Biggest coppers I've ever seen.
Just back on 17:00 - Sep 15 with 1802 viewspaulparker

Just back on 16:42 - Sep 15 by jamois

Sorry mate, I usually agree with your postings but I happen to think OT is a nasty suburban brick shelter, the sort of thing that sprung up everywhere when Maggie was in her pomp. Belongs in Brookside. The Cul-de-sac of Dreams. And I was at that game in the cup and the atmosphere was amazing because we turned up in big numbers and were all up for it because we'd been shlepping it in the football league for so long. It was a taste of 'the big time'. But the rest of the place resembled Harold Shipman's basement.

I know what you mean Jamois having been to old Trafford and the old maine road in the eighties they were depressing and frighting places, but still had the old romantic feel of a stadium near housing estates
the new old Trafford is ok , problem they have is all the gimps from surrey, cornwall,cork
etc who go there for the day and see it as an opportunity to take pictures all the game , how the fcuk anyone can support a club like that is beyond me, I mean how does anyone know each other, where's the togetherness
same goes for the Emirates, what a dull, plastic horrible place that is
loved the old Highbury (esp the Northbank) and had a bit of respect for old school gooners, total opposites now, whinging trainspotters did you clock the sh*t atmosphere against city on Saturday
mind you im probably just summing up modern Premiership football

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Just back on 17:35 - Sep 15 with 1741 viewsJuzzie

The stadium itself is great, it's who fills it and the industrial site it sits in that's awful. We'll be like that for 10+years at Old Oak but at least it'll be completed one day. Old Trafford will still be sitting on the edge of an industrial estate.
Just back on 17:40 - Sep 15 with 1730 viewsWestbourneR

Yes because a new ground with more capacity is definitely a negative. TF should just leave us so we can get on with being a biggish League One team. Proper football.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Just back on 19:40 - Sep 15 with 1621 viewsRblock_James

I'd take league one over the premier league any day.

It's fcuking w@nk. Getting dicked by all the "big" teams. Yeah brilliant.

The sooner they all fcuk off into a euro league the better.

I had half of South Korea with me on the train back.

Bollocks to a new stadium and modern football.
Just back on 19:50 - Sep 15 with 1595 viewsnadera78

Just back on 17:40 - Sep 15 by WestbourneR

Yes because a new ground with more capacity is definitely a negative. TF should just leave us so we can get on with being a biggish League One team. Proper football.

You need to learn to discuss topics. Your debating skills are non-existent.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2014 19:52]
Just back on 20:08 - Sep 15 with 1560 viewsNorthLondonR

I was sat in a bar in lanzarote which was the worst experience of my life.. Wall to wall with fat middle age Chevrolet top wearing fckers with Rooney, di Maria, dad, Stevie etc etc on the back.

Didn't help that I positioned myself facing all those thundercntz (well done that man who used that term), and got abuse being the only person supporting a club in my home town which was forced on me by my parents (as it should be) as Phillips scuffed that effort and I cheared like we'd won the Fairs Cup.

Premier league hit home to me when just before kick off a drunken bristolian (or somewhere in the west country), clad in standard chartered fc soccer club Liverpool red made an impromptu appearance and chanted "ynwa" yes not the song but "ynwa" got abuse from a plethora of red army from reading, Kent and Newcastle (ffs) and turned and left revealing a YNWA 96 emblazoned back.....i despair.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024