Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
interview with Rodney after yesterdays surrender..... 13:09 - Sep 15 with 2364 viewsNov77

http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-marsh-fears-qpr-under-redknapp-after-man

worth a listen, can't disagree with him.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

interview with Rodney after yesterdays surrender..... on 13:15 - Sep 15 with 2333 viewsrobith

Jonathan Wilson was making the point on twitter yesterday that Redknapp seems unable to arrest games that are going against him, hence why we seem to lose by a large margin disporportionally.

I turned off after the second goal yesterday. Seen that story before
interview with Rodney after yesterdays surrender..... on 13:17 - Sep 15 with 2313 viewsrobith

sorry double post
[Post edited 15 Sep 2014 13:18]
interview with Rodney after yesterdays surrender..... on 15:10 - Sep 15 with 2145 viewsTHEBUSH

Correct Rodney, we were beaten before we went out to play.

This is one of my main criticism's of Redknapp, he's such a fatalist, it's about time he cheered up and start to be positive
interview with Rodney after yesterdays surrender..... on 17:34 - Sep 15 with 1960 viewsQPR_ARG

I think the same when it comes to Harry's inability to adapt mid-game and I'd add that he struggles to get the most out of his players or pick the proper lineup/formation/tactics depending on the opponent.

But he's quite good at buying players. Which makes me think (or be absolutely sure!) that we'd be far better placed if he attracted/signed the players and someone else takes care of the preparation and the tactical side of things.

It'd be nice if someone does the press activities instead of him as it's tough to hear his excuses after each defeat.

"Leroy Fer went with Holland and he didn't play. He stood by like a cone. Sandro had cramps because he hasn't play a game in a long time. They are lacking match fitness".

Too bad someone picked them, then!

"Green didn't have a save to make until we gave a needless free-kick away"

Too bad Clint Hill was picked to play out of position at Old Trafford of all places!

I mean...some of his excuses are so bad, they speak bad about him

If I make up excuses, I rather make ones that are not going to go against me!

The excuses game is irrelevant, really. It just adds to my annoyment.

He just seems happy that we kept them at bay for 25 minutes!

I've seen teams with less talent available, compete against far superior opposition.

I'm not demanding of QPR to go and beat the likes of Man Utd and Spurs away from home. But we seem to be even less prepared than we were in the first few matches after getting promoted in 2011!

We're pushovers away from home. We're a coin tossed to the air when we play at home (and we just pray it will land on the floor the way we want!).
interview with Rodney after yesterdays surrender..... on 17:41 - Sep 15 with 1940 viewsdaveB

When Bond did the press conferences last season we moaned that he didn't come out after a defeat so can't win on that score
interview with Rodney after yesterdays surrender..... on 17:51 - Sep 15 with 1907 viewsAntti_Heinola

interview with Rodney after yesterdays surrender..... on 17:41 - Sep 15 by daveB

When Bond did the press conferences last season we moaned that he didn't come out after a defeat so can't win on that score

How do you think Redknapp can win after we've been tanked 4-0 with a lack-lustre display with no guts and no apparent plan other than 'sit back and hope', dave? It's not about 'winning' it's about having a bit of fight and a bit of guts - that might make post-match interviews a bit easier for all concerned. His excuses yesterday were pathetic - complaining about those off on international duty not being fit enough while the two midfielders who stayed were so 'fit' that they were both injured.
What was it he said? Green barely had a save to make in the first half? Apart from the 3 goals they scored. Hilarious. He's a parody of himself sometimes.

Bare bones.

interview with Rodney after yesterdays surrender..... on 18:15 - Sep 15 with 1860 viewsBklynRanger

I think most of what RM said there was, like a lot of the stuff on here, a bit panicky.

The criticism I'd have of HR after that performance would be, in no particular order:

1. Starting Clint at LB
2. Relying heavily on Hoilett and Phillips as our attacking outlets.
3. If Vargas was fit, not starting him in place of one of the above 2.
4. If Yun was fit, not starting him in place of Clint

It seems true to me that Fer isn't up to speed, but I thought he did ok for the hour I was able to watch. Sandro is probably at a similar stage to Fer. Barton was injured.

We seemed to be coming into the game just a little bit when the first goal went in. The second was a decent strike but the third I thought Green should've been a bit more alert to - Caulker was clearly focused on covering the shot to the far post. The fourth goal looked like a total defensive calamity, and I thought Hoddle was supposed to be helping with the defence?

I think Phillips will come good once he gets his touch back, which has taken 5 or more games in the past. Hoilett I'd rather have as the impact sub and start Traore in his position.

The whole experience of watching that was shyte but it's not, I don't think, terminal.
interview with Rodney after yesterdays surrender..... on 18:18 - Sep 15 with 1853 viewskropotkin41

I think what happens against a Stoke team unable to hold off Leicester at home will be very interesting indeed. We'll have a very clear picture of where we are then, regardless of what a limp performance we put in against Man U.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Login to get fewer ads

interview with Rodney after yesterdays surrender..... on 18:37 - Sep 15 with 1810 viewsHunterhoop

interview with Rodney after yesterdays surrender..... on 17:41 - Sep 15 by daveB

That's utter nonsense, Dave. Of course he can win, he can come out and take personal responsibility like a man.

Sending Bondy Bond out = not taking personal responsibility
Doing the debrief himself but blaming everything else = not taking personal responsibility

Defeats are NEVER his fault. An excuse is always given. In any environment (sport or not), if the manager/leader is setting a precedent of never taking personal responsibility, then 'lo and behold, those working for him won't take personal responsibility. When people don't take personal responsibility level and quality of output deteriorates.

And what do we have at the moment??
interview with Rodney after yesterdays surrender..... on 18:45 - Sep 15 with 1787 viewsbosh67

Good interview that. Thought Rodney was spot on. And we missed Barton big time.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

interview with Rodney after yesterdays surrender..... on 19:09 - Sep 15 with 1735 viewsessextaxiboy

interview with Rodney after yesterdays surrender..... on 18:18 - Sep 15 by kropotkin41

I think what happens against a Stoke team unable to hold off Leicester at home will be very interesting indeed. We'll have a very clear picture of where we are then, regardless of what a limp performance we put in against Man U.

A Stoke team that beat Man City, that just shows how up and down early results are .
interview with Rodney after yesterdays surrender..... on 20:36 - Sep 15 with 1633 viewskropotkin41

interview with Rodney after yesterdays surrender..... on 19:09 - Sep 15 by essextaxiboy

A Stoke team that beat Man City, that just shows how up and down early results are .

I agree except there was nothing "up and down" about our away performances......... just weak and defeatist.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

interview with Rodney after yesterdays surrender..... on 03:05 - Sep 16 with 1475 viewsNov77

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

interview with Rodney after yesterdays surrender..... on 05:10 - Sep 16 with 1445 viewsQPR_ARG

interview with Rodney after yesterdays surrender..... on 03:05 - Sep 16 by Nov77

I think Rodney got that very wrong.

Rio is a class above Onuoha and still better (through experience and composure) than Caulker. Judging him on yesterday's display would be wrong.

What did we expect him to do, when they were coming at us playing those lovely one-twos?

His performances vs. Hull (bar his mistake for the goal, which was unfortunate) and Sunderland, tell me that we would be a far worse team without him involved.

He's not out of shape either.

To me, at Spurs and at Old Trafford, none of our players were guilty of anything. They were more victims or hostages of a terrible approach and of being part of a badly-picked and under-prepared team.
interview with Rodney after yesterdays surrender..... on 12:17 - Sep 16 with 1285 viewsYorkRanger

Personally I hold no regard for Rodney Marsh's views. It always seems to me that he relishes the opportunity to point score and make cheap jibes that undermine the club.

Why he would do this I have no idea. Notwithstanding 67 and all that, I've never really viewed him as a Rangers man...
interview with Rodney after yesterdays surrender..... on 12:45 - Sep 16 with 1248 viewsdolcelatte

Rodney was a fantastic player but couldn't read the Beano let alone a football match.

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

interview with Rodney after yesterdays surrender..... on 13:11 - Sep 16 with 1209 viewsNov77

interview with Rodney after yesterdays surrender..... on 12:17 - Sep 16 by YorkRanger

Personally I hold no regard for Rodney Marsh's views. It always seems to me that he relishes the opportunity to point score and make cheap jibes that undermine the club.

Why he would do this I have no idea. Notwithstanding 67 and all that, I've never really viewed him as a Rangers man...

As someone who listens to rodney a lot I can tell you that he loves rangers. Always says we're his club.
What he doesn't do is sit on the fence, if he has an opinion he'll express it, regardless of whether it upsets anyone.

interview with Rodney after yesterdays surrender..... on 13:22 - Sep 16 with 1195 viewsenzian

Opinion.Offer HR director of football/manager position.Sack Bond and Jordan.make Hoddle head coach,he can even bring Mary in if he wants.If HR is not in agreement with this,he can resign his position.No pay out.
interview with Rodney after yesterdays surrender..... on 13:27 - Sep 16 with 1188 viewsNov77

interview with Rodney after yesterdays surrender..... on 13:22 - Sep 16 by enzian

Opinion.Offer HR director of football/manager position.Sack Bond and Jordan.make Hoddle head coach,he can even bring Mary in if he wants.If HR is not in agreement with this,he can resign his position.No pay out.

Not sure what hoddle has done so far to deserve being given the managers job.
Can't see any improvement so far, especially defensively.

interview with Rodney after yesterdays surrender..... on 13:49 - Sep 16 with 1164 viewsThGrimRanger

interview with Rodney after yesterdays surrender..... on 13:22 - Sep 16 by enzian

I'd have agreed to this move this time last year with McLaren as head coach/manager and Harry upstairs.

I know we ended up getting promoted anyway but lets be honest, we got lucky!

We should be very thankful that we didn't come up against Chelsea, Man City, Southampton or Swansea in our first 2 away games as I reckon it would've been far worse than 4-0.

Harry and co had better sort things out as we soon will....gulp!

TheGrimRanger

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024