Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? 19:20 - Sep 15 with 6442 viewsBklynRanger

LFW bonus points should be awarded for any 'accidental' destruction of carefully constructed paper mache mock-ups.

Scoring could be based on creativity, risk of personal injury and amount of devastation caused.

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 19:27 - Sep 15 with 2611 viewsMatch82

And if you happen to see a piece of paper lying around which starts "Dear Harry. We are delighted to offer you an extension"...
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 19:47 - Sep 15 with 2582 viewssmegma

I had a look earlier. I learned absolutely nothing. There's more ' questionaires' and a slide show full of PR Bollox. They seem to be no further on in the planning than six months ago. No doubt the company hired for this are creaming the club as planning consultants.

There are no mock ups of the stadium in papier-mâché or any other material.
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 20:04 - Sep 15 with 2547 viewsBklynRanger

Nothing to lean casually on before loosing one's balance with catastrophic consequences? There's no fun in anything this week.
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 20:06 - Sep 15 with 2536 viewsted_hendrix

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 19:47 - Sep 15 by smegma

I had a look earlier. I learned absolutely nothing. There's more ' questionaires' and a slide show full of PR Bollox. They seem to be no further on in the planning than six months ago. No doubt the company hired for this are creaming the club as planning consultants.

There are no mock ups of the stadium in papier-mâché or any other material.

It will be a budget figure Chris, not an open cheque book.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 08:20 - Sep 16 with 2393 viewsrichranger

What a waste of money! We don't even own the land the new stadium is supposedly going to be built on - and Car Giant, who own much of it, aren't going to sell. This is what they think of it. This statement was read out on the 'Open all R's' podcast:

We are very surprised by QPR's PR campaign regarding a proposed new stadium in Old Oak Common and in particular on land owned by Cargaint. The company are not in negotiations with QPR and will not enter into any future talks with the club. The company will announce in due course details of its own scheme for the regeneration of its land holdings, that will incorporate the residential units, jobs and community facilities that the GLA detailed in their vision for the regeneration for the area. Cargiant's commercial arm of the business view this opportunity as a long term investment opportunity.
In regards to the threat of CPO, there is no legal basis on which to serve a CPO on Cargiant. We are a willing developer.
This not also a 'tool' to increase the land value to QPR or anyone else. If the company wanted to pursue this route, it would be talking to other developers, which we are not.
We are fully committed to regenerate our land. We have the funding and the professionals in place to do it.
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 09:02 - Sep 16 with 2344 viewsRangersw12

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 08:20 - Sep 16 by richranger

What a waste of money! We don't even own the land the new stadium is supposedly going to be built on - and Car Giant, who own much of it, aren't going to sell. This is what they think of it. This statement was read out on the 'Open all R's' podcast:

We are very surprised by QPR's PR campaign regarding a proposed new stadium in Old Oak Common and in particular on land owned by Cargaint. The company are not in negotiations with QPR and will not enter into any future talks with the club. The company will announce in due course details of its own scheme for the regeneration of its land holdings, that will incorporate the residential units, jobs and community facilities that the GLA detailed in their vision for the regeneration for the area. Cargiant's commercial arm of the business view this opportunity as a long term investment opportunity.
In regards to the threat of CPO, there is no legal basis on which to serve a CPO on Cargiant. We are a willing developer.
This not also a 'tool' to increase the land value to QPR or anyone else. If the company wanted to pursue this route, it would be talking to other developers, which we are not.
We are fully committed to regenerate our land. We have the funding and the professionals in place to do it.

Fair play to them
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 09:30 - Sep 16 with 2306 viewsTopCat34

Would the whole process be easier if we were just building a stadium, and not entire new town?
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 09:36 - Sep 16 with 2299 viewsdaveB

Well although many seem to be backing Car Giant I hope the club are successful in this as I think it could be very good for the club if it happens. If we don't get the move then I fear for the clubs long term future but at least we'll have a nice second hand car lot up the road.
Login to get fewer ads

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 09:40 - Sep 16 with 2284 viewsJamie

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 09:36 - Sep 16 by daveB

Well although many seem to be backing Car Giant I hope the club are successful in this as I think it could be very good for the club if it happens. If we don't get the move then I fear for the clubs long term future but at least we'll have a nice second hand car lot up the road.

I would wager that plenty fear for the clubs long term future even if it does happen.
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 09:47 - Sep 16 with 2273 viewsNorthernr

An odd way to go about it though Dave. Make him a derisory offer, when there's other interest in the land; refuse to put it in writing; commence bullying. Holding exhibitions when there's nothing to show - no stadium design and they don't even own the land - what are they exhibiting exactly?
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 09:50 - Sep 16 with 2268 viewssimmo

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 09:47 - Sep 16 by Northernr

An odd way to go about it though Dave. Make him a derisory offer, when there's other interest in the land; refuse to put it in writing; commence bullying. Holding exhibitions when there's nothing to show - no stadium design and they don't even own the land - what are they exhibiting exactly?

Ignorance

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 09:54 - Sep 16 with 2259 viewsdaveB

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 09:47 - Sep 16 by Northernr

Not sure what they are showing at this exhibition as I haven't been yet but Car Giant are the ones making all the noise about this, I'd rather see them get round a table and sort it out but neither side are coming out of this too well. This must be the third time Car Giant have made the same statement now.
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 10:00 - Sep 16 with 2242 viewsJamie

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 09:54 - Sep 16 by daveB

Not sure what they are showing at this exhibition as I haven't been yet but Car Giant are the ones making all the noise about this, I'd rather see them get round a table and sort it out but neither side are coming out of this too well. This must be the third time Car Giant have made the same statement now.

Car Giant have already stated they would like to get around a table but when they did QPR offered them a pittance, refused to put it in writing and cut off all communications.

Equally I can fully understand why Car Giant are repeatedly publicly reaffirming their position. Ultimately they have employees who are having to read constantly that QPR are going to bulldoze their place of employment despite not actually owning the land.
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 10:04 - Sep 16 with 2235 viewsdaveB

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 10:00 - Sep 16 by Jamie

Car Giant have already stated they would like to get around a table but when they did QPR offered them a pittance, refused to put it in writing and cut off all communications.

Equally I can fully understand why Car Giant are repeatedly publicly reaffirming their position. Ultimately they have employees who are having to read constantly that QPR are going to bulldoze their place of employment despite not actually owning the land.

That's the Car Giant side of the story which everyone seems desperate to agree with for some reason
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 10:04 - Sep 16 with 2232 viewsDWQPR

Although it can also be argued that the likes of TF and the Mittals are far from foolish individuals with the amount of financial success that they have achieved and that they would not do such things unless they have already had the 'nod' for a go ahead for the development. Retaining a f**king great big car lot in a centre of a major infrastructure development might not be the GLA's or the local councils take on making the area more attractive in terms of bringing firms in and residents. Whereas a major new shiny sporting arena complete with huge corporate facilities and the ability to hold major entertainment events, to rival such sites as the O2 will make the regeneration far more attractive an area to bring businesses into and also residents. I mean with regards to bars and restuarants, will chains want to open in a place like OOC if the major entertainment attraction is Bill and his family looking out for a second hand Mondeo? Or as with the O2, you have a huge amount of eateries/bars which do very nicely with the amount of gigs and other events going on there. A stadium will also employ far more people than a car lot.

Cargiant will of course shout and scream from the roof tops and appeal any CPO, but I suspect that everything will happen and that Cargiant will eventually move elsewhere with a huge cheque under their arm and smug faces. Personally I think that it is a done deal.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 10:05 - Sep 16 with 2234 viewsRangersw12

I fear for the long term future of the club more if we move to some ridiculous venue that will be far to big for us

But least we'll have a nice big concert venue in West London........
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 10:14 - Sep 16 with 2214 viewsJamie

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 10:04 - Sep 16 by daveB

That's the Car Giant side of the story which everyone seems desperate to agree with for some reason

Well yes, it's entirely possible that Car Giant are blindly refusing to accept the clubs offers for their land and pushing ahead with a redevelopment of their own site themselves.

If that is the case though, you are left with the club trying to bully a local business that is far more successful & profitable than the club has been, into giving up their business premises.

Whichever way you look, the club dont come out well.
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 10:17 - Sep 16 with 2211 viewsNorthernr

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 10:04 - Sep 16 by DWQPR

Although it can also be argued that the likes of TF and the Mittals are far from foolish individuals with the amount of financial success that they have achieved and that they would not do such things unless they have already had the 'nod' for a go ahead for the development. Retaining a f**king great big car lot in a centre of a major infrastructure development might not be the GLA's or the local councils take on making the area more attractive in terms of bringing firms in and residents. Whereas a major new shiny sporting arena complete with huge corporate facilities and the ability to hold major entertainment events, to rival such sites as the O2 will make the regeneration far more attractive an area to bring businesses into and also residents. I mean with regards to bars and restuarants, will chains want to open in a place like OOC if the major entertainment attraction is Bill and his family looking out for a second hand Mondeo? Or as with the O2, you have a huge amount of eateries/bars which do very nicely with the amount of gigs and other events going on there. A stadium will also employ far more people than a car lot.

Cargiant will of course shout and scream from the roof tops and appeal any CPO, but I suspect that everything will happen and that Cargiant will eventually move elsewhere with a huge cheque under their arm and smug faces. Personally I think that it is a done deal.

There's absolutely no chance of the car lot staying there, Car Giant know that and admit it themselves. But there's nothing to stop them selling it off for development to somebody else. The GLA needs house and jobs, not stadiums. It seems rather arrogant of QPR to assume they'll be involved, they're not forced to be if they don't make a decent enough financial case. The GLA has three visions for the sight and while none of them feature a car lot, only one of them features a stadium.
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 10:19 - Sep 16 with 2199 viewsloftboy

I went to car giant last week, the place is huge and had literally hundreds of potential customers looking at their cars, if you were the owner why would you be feel compelled to relocate without adequate compensation.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 10:25 - Sep 16 with 2194 viewssimmo

Did anybody ask why, even when a fans survey showed most supporters want a smaller total capacity, that the club decided on a 40k a week stadium?

I know the answer is because they want a corporate facility to show Coldplay gigs, but I want them to say so and stop feeding us horse shit and pointing to that one off game at Wembley as proof of support.

As said above, they don't own the land, they have no agreements made and they are making enough noise in the hope other parties relent and they get what THEY want. It's all a bit of a shambles at the moment and is nicely pre occupying people from what the fans really know will be better for the future of the club - the training ground.

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 10:27 - Sep 16 with 2188 viewsdaveB

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 10:14 - Sep 16 by Jamie

Well yes, it's entirely possible that Car Giant are blindly refusing to accept the clubs offers for their land and pushing ahead with a redevelopment of their own site themselves.

If that is the case though, you are left with the club trying to bully a local business that is far more successful & profitable than the club has been, into giving up their business premises.

Whichever way you look, the club dont come out well.

I think the club are looking at their options and will eventually go back with a new offer for Car Giant but thats not as much as fun as making the club out as bullies
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 10:29 - Sep 16 with 2183 viewsdaveB

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 10:25 - Sep 16 by simmo

Did anybody ask why, even when a fans survey showed most supporters want a smaller total capacity, that the club decided on a 40k a week stadium?

I know the answer is because they want a corporate facility to show Coldplay gigs, but I want them to say so and stop feeding us horse shit and pointing to that one off game at Wembley as proof of support.

As said above, they don't own the land, they have no agreements made and they are making enough noise in the hope other parties relent and they get what THEY want. It's all a bit of a shambles at the moment and is nicely pre occupying people from what the fans really know will be better for the future of the club - the training ground.

I don't think the club have decided on a 40k capacity have they? I thought they said it was a decision to be made later on
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 10:30 - Sep 16 with 2177 viewssimmo

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 10:29 - Sep 16 by daveB

I don't think the club have decided on a 40k capacity have they? I thought they said it was a decision to be made later on

According to the brochure they put out that I read through at the weekend, it will be 40k.

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 10:51 - Sep 16 with 2140 viewsdaveB

I thought they were still deciding on it but haven't seen the brochure, hopefully they'll see sense on that
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 10:56 - Sep 16 with 2127 viewsTopCat34

If the idea is for it to be a multi-purpose venue, then surely 40k is a given. Don't think we'll get anywhere near that, and 30k is a far more responsible capacity. However, it's probably not enough for a 'One Direction Concert' and that is the aim is it not?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024