Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? 19:20 - Sep 15 with 6445 viewsBklynRanger

LFW bonus points should be awarded for any 'accidental' destruction of carefully constructed paper mache mock-ups.

Scoring could be based on creativity, risk of personal injury and amount of devastation caused.

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 13:03 - Sep 16 with 1143 viewssimmo

From the BBC today

Queens Park Rangers face growing opposition to their new stadium bid with current landowner Cargiant claiming they "will not enter into any future talks with the club".
The former QPR sponsors hold a 30-acre plot on the Old Oak site where the west London club hope to build a new 40,000-seater stadium.
Rangers have support from all the major bodies required to build the new ground as soon as 2018, but Cargiant said in a statement: "We are very surprised by QPR's PR campaign regarding a proposed new stadium in Old Oak Common and in particular on land owned by Cargiant.
"The company are not in negotiations with QPR and will not enter into any future talks with the club."

It is funny how they are involved in an exhibition talking about building a stadium on land they don't own and are not close to owning. Amateur stuff.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 13:05 - Sep 16 with 1143 viewsdaveB

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 13:03 - Sep 16 by simmo

From the BBC today

Queens Park Rangers face growing opposition to their new stadium bid with current landowner Cargiant claiming they "will not enter into any future talks with the club".
The former QPR sponsors hold a 30-acre plot on the Old Oak site where the west London club hope to build a new 40,000-seater stadium.
Rangers have support from all the major bodies required to build the new ground as soon as 2018, but Cargiant said in a statement: "We are very surprised by QPR's PR campaign regarding a proposed new stadium in Old Oak Common and in particular on land owned by Cargiant.
"The company are not in negotiations with QPR and will not enter into any future talks with the club."

It is funny how they are involved in an exhibition talking about building a stadium on land they don't own and are not close to owning. Amateur stuff.

Why is it Amateur stuff? The club are trying to gain support for the plans by doing this which seems the right thing to do, if they can get the public and our own fan base on side it could make a real difference
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 13:08 - Sep 16 with 1131 viewssimmo

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 13:05 - Sep 16 by daveB

Why is it Amateur stuff? The club are trying to gain support for the plans by doing this which seems the right thing to do, if they can get the public and our own fan base on side it could make a real difference

No it won't. Public support will make absolutely no difference whatsoever if you're not willing to pay the people that own the land what it's worth. Also not bringing the land owners into the plans seems ridiculous, seeing as none of it can be done without them agreeing.

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 13:11 - Sep 16 with 1127 viewsdaveB

Also good timing for Car Giant to get this out the week QPR are doing these exhibitions painting the picture of evil old QPR trying to bully a local business and to do it through a QPR podcast as well makes it even better for them. A great move by them and have to say I'm a little disappointed that Open All R's allowed themselves to be used in this way although understand it's one of the regulars dad who runs car giant so guess that was the excuse. Great show last night as well but not sure that show should be a mouthpiece for car Giant.
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 13:14 - Sep 16 with 1120 viewsdaveB

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 13:08 - Sep 16 by simmo

No it won't. Public support will make absolutely no difference whatsoever if you're not willing to pay the people that own the land what it's worth. Also not bringing the land owners into the plans seems ridiculous, seeing as none of it can be done without them agreeing.

well it's Car Giant saying they won't enter talks not QPR. Public support will make a hell of a lot of difference which is why QPR are doing this and why Car Giant used a QPR podcast to gain support for their own plans which looks like it worked for them
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 13:32 - Sep 16 with 1088 viewsPinnerPaul

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 10:14 - Sep 16 by Jamie

Well yes, it's entirely possible that Car Giant are blindly refusing to accept the clubs offers for their land and pushing ahead with a redevelopment of their own site themselves.

If that is the case though, you are left with the club trying to bully a local business that is far more successful & profitable than the club has been, into giving up their business premises.

Whichever way you look, the club dont come out well.

Its a tad easier to be a profitable and successful car dealership than it is to do the same with a football club!
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 13:37 - Sep 16 with 1074 viewsPinnerPaul

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/01407612/CAR-GIANT-LIMITED/financial-accounts

Can see from this why they are not keen to move!
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 13:46 - Sep 16 with 1059 viewssimmo

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 13:11 - Sep 16 by daveB

Also good timing for Car Giant to get this out the week QPR are doing these exhibitions painting the picture of evil old QPR trying to bully a local business and to do it through a QPR podcast as well makes it even better for them. A great move by them and have to say I'm a little disappointed that Open All R's allowed themselves to be used in this way although understand it's one of the regulars dad who runs car giant so guess that was the excuse. Great show last night as well but not sure that show should be a mouthpiece for car Giant.

They actually said their piece on the matter before the podcast and this recent exhibition, through interviews with various journalists that cover QPR and West London sport. One of which was put up on this site last week.

Also, if I was being painted as a greedy block for progress by the club I support and had staff and livelihoods to consider, I would want the people to understand my position on the matter.

Login to get fewer ads

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 13:49 - Sep 16 with 1051 viewsPinnerPaul

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 13:46 - Sep 16 by simmo

They actually said their piece on the matter before the podcast and this recent exhibition, through interviews with various journalists that cover QPR and West London sport. One of which was put up on this site last week.

Also, if I was being painted as a greedy block for progress by the club I support and had staff and livelihoods to consider, I would want the people to understand my position on the matter.

Haven't actually seen anyone connected with the club call Car Giant a greedy block.

Why can't we just stick to facts, much of what you say is true but to embellish with quotes that aren't and irrelevancies like Car Giant make more money than QPR don't add much to the debate.
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 13:49 - Sep 16 with 1048 viewssimmo

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 13:14 - Sep 16 by daveB

well it's Car Giant saying they won't enter talks not QPR. Public support will make a hell of a lot of difference which is why QPR are doing this and why Car Giant used a QPR podcast to gain support for their own plans which looks like it worked for them

It's not down to them to initiate talks, they already own the land and run a successful business on it, if QPR want to buy it they should be the ones to make an approach in the right way. Which the boss of Car Guiant has stated previously he is happy to receive.

Interestingly Spurs seem to be going through a similar thing at the moment with a smaller business next to their own ground, similar tactics apparently employed to try to shift them and they are holding firm, whilst getting abuse from Tottenham fans...
[Post edited 16 Sep 2014 13:53]

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 13:51 - Sep 16 with 1039 viewssimmo

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 13:49 - Sep 16 by PinnerPaul

Haven't actually seen anyone connected with the club call Car Giant a greedy block.

Why can't we just stick to facts, much of what you say is true but to embellish with quotes that aren't and irrelevancies like Car Giant make more money than QPR don't add much to the debate.

I am not saying anyone at QPR has accused Car Giant of being that, but that didn't stop the owner getting grief and abuse from QPR fans under the impression he won't sell and allow these plans to go through. That is one of the reasons he wanted to get his side of the story out there. I didn't say they were quotes and don't have a clue what makes more money.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2014 13:54]

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 13:52 - Sep 16 with 1037 viewsdaveB

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 13:46 - Sep 16 by simmo

They've used the local press very well and making a statement on Open All R's was a very good move to continue to show them as the victim in all this when in reality nothing has actually happened to them, QPR made an offer, they said come back with more money and we haven't yet.

As I say public support is vital in all this and Car Giant are doing a brilliant job to get as many QPR fans on their side as possible which will really help them in all this and for non football fans painting the football club as evil and local business as good is a masterstroke that is working really well for them.
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 13:53 - Sep 16 with 1033 viewsNorthernr

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 13:49 - Sep 16 by PinnerPaul

Car Giant were alarmed at the abuse they received via social media when the initial reports were published a few months ago - QPR fans on twitter saying the business should be boycotted, that Car Giant were killing the club and ruining its future, that they were greedy money grabbers and so on etc. They've since embarked on a very aggressive, professional PR campaign.
They fall down slightly with the "we will not enter into future talks" because their previous line was they were happy to talk but QPR hadn't made them an offer and had walked away from talks. Likely to get more sympathy for the latter than the former - why wouldn't they enter talks if QPR were willing to make a proper offer?

This post has been edited by an administrator
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 13:55 - Sep 16 with 1025 viewsNorthernr

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 13:52 - Sep 16 by daveB

They've used the local press very well and making a statement on Open All R's was a very good move to continue to show them as the victim in all this when in reality nothing has actually happened to them, QPR made an offer, they said come back with more money and we haven't yet.

As I say public support is vital in all this and Car Giant are doing a brilliant job to get as many QPR fans on their side as possible which will really help them in all this and for non football fans painting the football club as evil and local business as good is a masterstroke that is working really well for them.

Does it not call into question QPR's approach to it that a lot of the club's own fans are actually more sympathetic to the local car lot!?
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 13:59 - Sep 16 with 1012 viewsTHEBUSH

Don't see the point in Car Giant owning 30 acres of land, just to store used cars on.

They could build one of those multi-storey car parks to store their cars.

With the money they get from us, they could finance the project, a win, win, deal
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 13:59 - Sep 16 with 1004 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 13:55 - Sep 16 by Northernr

Does it not call into question QPR's approach to it that a lot of the club's own fans are actually more sympathetic to the local car lot!?

It does unfortunately I am afraid.
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 14:00 - Sep 16 with 1000 viewsTopCat34

Courtesy of Dave Mac on Twitter:

Cargiant aren't 'blocking' Old Oak and the AirAsia Arena. They're looking to relocate and the regeneration will happen. They're simply not party to some kind of agreement or partnership with #QPR & are free to submit own plans, as are others. Nothing more, nothing less.

Didn't know they'd decided a name?
[Post edited 16 Sep 2014 14:01]
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 14:03 - Sep 16 with 994 viewsNorthernr

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 13:59 - Sep 16 by THEBUSH

Don't see the point in Car Giant owning 30 acres of land, just to store used cars on.

They could build one of those multi-storey car parks to store their cars.

With the money they get from us, they could finance the project, a win, win, deal

They own 45 acres and very little of it is to store cars on. They own the commercial units and lock up garages around their site, and to the north of the car giant lots and offices are paint shops, body shops, photo studios and things like that. Then they own a lot of the buildings and offices along the Scrubs lane. Think of them more as clever property people than a used car lot, because they've just acquired it as it's become available over the years when it's been available.
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 14:05 - Sep 16 with 983 viewsvblockranger

Dont want the club playing football in the new shared o3 so hope Mendes sells to someone else or it all falls through for Fernandes and co. A long way to go and a lot of obstacles that could still trip them up before they prise us away from Loftus Rd.
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 14:07 - Sep 16 with 978 viewsdaveB

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 13:55 - Sep 16 by Northernr

of course it does but we are a miserable bunch and tend to think the worst of the club most of the time even when they might be right about something.

This exhibition this week is something good we should support really along with the club looking to engage with the local area but we're more keen on the negatives.

I just think the podcast shouldn't be getting involved in all this especially to promote the car giant side although I appreciate it is Chris Mendes dad involved which is why they did it rather than anything sinister.

It's certainly no coincidence that Car Giant are pushing this to the media the same week when QPR are trying to gain support. A very good move on their part that is no doubt working for them.
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 14:09 - Sep 16 with 972 viewsTHEBUSH

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 14:03 - Sep 16 by Northernr

They own 45 acres and very little of it is to store cars on. They own the commercial units and lock up garages around their site, and to the north of the car giant lots and offices are paint shops, body shops, photo studios and things like that. Then they own a lot of the buildings and offices along the Scrubs lane. Think of them more as clever property people than a used car lot, because they've just acquired it as it's become available over the years when it's been available.

I said it tongue in cheek, but it's still an idea of sorts.

Arsenal had similar problems with small businesses, when they built the Emirates Stadium, as I'm sure you know.
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 14:09 - Sep 16 with 970 viewsdaveB

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 14:05 - Sep 16 by vblockranger

Dont want the club playing football in the new shared o3 so hope Mendes sells to someone else or it all falls through for Fernandes and co. A long way to go and a lot of obstacles that could still trip them up before they prise us away from Loftus Rd.

We're going to move from Loftus Road, it will either be Old Oak or if that falls through it will be somewhere else probably further west, big chunk of land where we were going to build a training ground going spare at the moment
[Post edited 16 Sep 2014 14:10]
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 14:10 - Sep 16 with 963 viewsJamie

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 14:00 - Sep 16 by TopCat34

Courtesy of Dave Mac on Twitter:

Cargiant aren't 'blocking' Old Oak and the AirAsia Arena. They're looking to relocate and the regeneration will happen. They're simply not party to some kind of agreement or partnership with #QPR & are free to submit own plans, as are others. Nothing more, nothing less.

Didn't know they'd decided a name?
[Post edited 16 Sep 2014 14:01]

I think Dave is being tongue in cheek with the name as are those who call it Air Asia stadium.

Ultimately though it will be something along the lines of The New Queens Park Stadium, with a sponsorship deal to be known as Air Asia Stadium/Arena/Goldmine
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 14:17 - Sep 16 with 947 viewsSaycey

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 14:10 - Sep 16 by Jamie

I think Dave is being tongue in cheek with the name as are those who call it Air Asia stadium.

Ultimately though it will be something along the lines of The New Queens Park Stadium, with a sponsorship deal to be known as Air Asia Stadium/Arena/Goldmine

Just tweeted by Ian Taylor

With regards to the regeneration of Old Oak, please see below quote which is attributable to a spokesperson for Queens Park Rangers FC...

“The future regeneration of Old Oak requires everyone to work together for the common good - the boroughs, the Mayor, landowners and the local community. Our current consultation has so far attracted the views of over 1,000 local residents with over 80% in support of our stadium-led regeneration. The future of Old Oak lies in the regeneration of the entire area and not the uncoordinated and piecemeal development of individual land holdings."
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 14:18 - Sep 16 with 947 viewsdaveB

Club Statement from evil old QPR boo hiss

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/160914-old-oak-club-statement-1918498.aspx

WITH regards to the regeneration of Old Oak, please see below quote from a spokesperson for Queens Park Rangers Football Club:

“The future regeneration of Old Oak requires everyone to work together for the common good - the boroughs, the Mayor, landowners and the local community. Our current consultation has so far attracted the views of over 1,000 local residents with over 80% in support of our stadium-led regeneration. The future of Old Oak lies in the regeneration of the entire area and not the uncoordinated and piecemeal development of individual land holdings.”

The club encourages people to register their comments and thoughts on the future regeneration of Old Oak through our consultation exhibitions which are taking place throughout this week — full details can be found HERE.

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/160914-old-oak-club-statement-1918498.aspx#vxo
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024