Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? 19:20 - Sep 15 with 6439 viewsBklynRanger

LFW bonus points should be awarded for any 'accidental' destruction of carefully constructed paper mache mock-ups.

Scoring could be based on creativity, risk of personal injury and amount of devastation caused.

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 11:25 - Sep 17 with 1323 viewsPinnerPaul

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 09:59 - Sep 17 by Northernr

Car Giant sponsored the club when it was skint. They went in to see Paladini to explore how much it would cost and he asked them waht they wanted to pay. They came up with a figure and he immediately said that was fine. They asked if there shouldn't be some sort of contract or terms of agreement written up and Paladini told them to go away and write up the contract themselves and he'd sign it. They went back to the office and wrote some terms on a side of A4 for a three year deal with a break clause each year on Car Giant's side - so effectively they could decide whether to continue for another season or not and QPR had no say. Paladini signed it without looking at it and billed it on the official website as the "biggest sponsorship deal in the club's history".

A couple of times they paid their fee in advance because the club was about to go bust and needed extra cash flow.

When Briatore rocked up after two years Agag went to see them to say "thanks, but we're going in a different direction now..." and they told him he should probably go and have a look at the contract. Cue the traditional Gianni Paladini phone call screaming obscenities...

This post has been edited by an administrator

I still wear my car giant shirt to matches - maybe I should get another shirt?!
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 11:31 - Sep 17 with 1319 viewsNorthernr

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 11:25 - Sep 17 by PinnerPaul

I still wear my car giant shirt to matches - maybe I should get another shirt?!

Yeh played 6 a side in mine last night. Colours wise, it looked great as a sponsor!
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 11:34 - Sep 17 with 1308 viewsNorthernr

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 11:31 - Sep 17 by Northernr

Yeh played 6 a side in mine last night. Colours wise, it looked great as a sponsor!

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Car+giant/@51.5272585,-0.2406242,1059m/data=

If you look at this, obviously all the car lot bit to the immediate south of hythe road is theirs, and then the three rectangular buildings opposite as well. But, in addition, those three huge buildings and three smaller ones north of the railway line on salter street are also Car Giant workshops. Also, the six industrial units to the north west along Hythe road are theirs and the white rectangular office block to the north east on scrubs lane.

Basically in that triangle between the railway lines and canal the only things they don't own are the two white domes in the north west corner (a waste disposal unit owned by a Chelsea fan) and the scrap metal yard at the extreme north of the site. The waste disposal unit is another complication, because it's the only one of its kind in the borough and H&F Council are legally obligated to have one so that would need a suitable alternative site as well.

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 11:37 - Sep 17 with 1302 viewsdoogi55

other than being a crap company to buy a car from.i think that they will get a bought out by compulsory purchase
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 12:35 - Sep 17 with 1226 viewshateley_legend

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 11:34 - Sep 17 by Northernr

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Car+giant/@51.5272585,-0.2406242,1059m/data=

If you look at this, obviously all the car lot bit to the immediate south of hythe road is theirs, and then the three rectangular buildings opposite as well. But, in addition, those three huge buildings and three smaller ones north of the railway line on salter street are also Car Giant workshops. Also, the six industrial units to the north west along Hythe road are theirs and the white rectangular office block to the north east on scrubs lane.

Basically in that triangle between the railway lines and canal the only things they don't own are the two white domes in the north west corner (a waste disposal unit owned by a Chelsea fan) and the scrap metal yard at the extreme north of the site. The waste disposal unit is another complication, because it's the only one of its kind in the borough and H&F Council are legally obligated to have one so that would need a suitable alternative site as well.

"Waste disposal unit owned by a Chelsea fan".

There's got to be a joke in there somewhere.
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 13:26 - Sep 17 with 1163 viewsbaz_qpr

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 11:34 - Sep 17 by Northernr

Without sounding like a stuck record, the authorities have decreed that this is the area for the regeneration not the club, not the developers etc. Car Giant have been objecting to the process from the beginning before QPR were involved. The process is happening with or without QPR and with or without Car Giants consent
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 14:15 - Sep 17 with 1129 viewsNorthernr

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 13:26 - Sep 17 by baz_qpr

Without sounding like a stuck record, the authorities have decreed that this is the area for the regeneration not the club, not the developers etc. Car Giant have been objecting to the process from the beginning before QPR were involved. The process is happening with or without QPR and with or without Car Giants consent

Not disagreeing, just pointing out who actually owns what round there.
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 15:00 - Sep 17 with 1093 viewsElHoop

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 13:26 - Sep 17 by baz_qpr

I think that's spot on. I think that Boris is planing on setting up a development corporation for the whole area, of which Car Giant's land and our own objectives are mere pieces in the big jigsaw. Where Car Giant's piece of land fits into the overall scheme probably won't be determined by whatever anyone else says or doesn't say to a newspaper. We should just do what we're told by our advisers and let the plan take its course, as it appears to be the best chance of success.
Login to get fewer ads

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 18:15 - Sep 17 with 1041 viewssmegma

So has anyone else apart from me had a look at this exhibition ??
[Post edited 17 Sep 2014 18:15]
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 22:01 - Sep 17 with 980 viewsBklynRanger

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 18:15 - Sep 17 by smegma

Or fallen on anything?

(Barrelling into a monitor would count at this point.)
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 22:57 - Sep 17 with 940 viewsdaveB

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 18:15 - Sep 17 by smegma

went yesterday, thought it was quite good but the majority of it was on that website they set up the other week so nothing new really
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 02:18 - Sep 18 with 899 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Yep. After reading four pages there it is in a nutshell. This is happening according to the politicos. Barring a U-turn from them, it's bigger than Car Giant and bigger than Rangers. It's certainly bigger than us Rangers fans. I would honestly imagine that our owners only got the backing of the politicians on the proviso that the stadium would be big enough for gigs and, y'know, nice people to come along and use it. If that is indeed the case, it would explain the discrepancy between Rangers fans' desire for a smaller stadium and our owners insisting that we all said we wanted a 40k stadium.

I've said it before, and I'm not being hysterical - I'm afraid that we're being used. It may or may not turn out to be the best day in our history. But it is the biggest. And I believe that we have no say in it. Even less than Car Giant do.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 16:00 - Sep 24 with 788 viewseastside_r

Not sure how much this has been publicised:

https://consultations.tfl.gov.uk/london-overground/old-oak-common
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 17:18 - Sep 24 with 735 viewsLoftusRdW12

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 16:00 - Sep 24 by eastside_r

Not sure how much this has been publicised:

https://consultations.tfl.gov.uk/london-overground/old-oak-common

An underground station linking bakerloo and central lines would be good too. No idea how they'd do it mind.

All in all. Looks like a bloody nightmare!

"I still don't know who scored our first and third goals. I'll have a look tonight." Neil Warnock

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 17:24 - Sep 24 with 733 viewsdaveB

We'll all be long gone by the time this ever gets finished
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 17:45 - Sep 24 with 714 viewsNorthernr

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 17:24 - Sep 24 by daveB

We'll all be long gone by the time this ever gets finished

I'm inclined to agree, and I'm only 30.
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 21:44 - Sep 24 with 642 viewsqueensparker

Good thread this, thanks to the people who know what they're talking about for clearing things up.

Sounds to me like it's in the hands of the Mayor's office / the boroughs and their CPOs, not Car Giant or the club. If QPR are going to be involved we need the smartest, slimiest operators in the decision-making rooms at all times (presumably Phil Beard's actual job). We all knew Fernandes / Mittal's interest in the football club has been a stalking horse for this deal all along anyway. If it keeps us local and solvent I'm all for it, but I can't help but feel when we move grounds a big part of going to QPR is going to die for me forever. Still hopefully my kids will like walking down the road from our house to a new stadium with the One Direction 20th anniversary tour on in the summer.

Either way Car Giant are going to make out like bandits, and fair play to them, they gave us money when we needed it and they built up a great business off their own backs. They're playing a PR blinder at the moment.
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 22:20 - Sep 24 with 621 viewsJuzzie

Are any QPR fans being sympathetic towards CG because they happened to sponsor us (admittedly much needed) and the owner is a fan?

If it were Samsung with a warehouse there, it would be burnt to the ground by now.
Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 22:47 - Sep 24 with 601 viewsMatch82

Anybody been, or going, to the Old Oak 'Exhibition'? on 17:45 - Sep 24 by Northernr

I'm inclined to agree, and I'm only 30.

Due to stress being brought on by being a QPR fan, I'm sorry to inform you that your life expectancy is likely lower than other comparable 30 year olds...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024