Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summary of our Old Trafford performance - Disagree? 07:31 - Sep 16 with 1215 viewsfreddieeddie

It was like eleven 18 year olds were up the park playing football. All their mums walked up the park bringing their 12 yr old brothers and told the 18 yr olds to look after them whilst all the mums go shopping. The 18 yr olds then set a game up against the 13 yr olds and basically take the pi** out of them, laughing, doing fancy flicks and whenever they exert any urgency they score.

The 13 yr olds just there making the numbers up and having the pi** taken out of them believing they can't even get the ball of them.

Poll: QPR future, what would you like to see happen

Summary of our Old Trafford performance - Disagree? on 09:16 - Sep 16 with 1161 viewsessextaxiboy

It must have taken a while to set the game up cos the little uns started aged 12 and finished aged 13 ?
Have you got " over the park " issues that you want to talk about ?
Summary of our Old Trafford performance - Disagree? on 09:34 - Sep 16 with 1141 viewsDiscodroids

according to karl henry and cara delvangie in the evening standard last night, "we treated the game as a testimonial".

im sure theres something to be gained from playing "like it was a testimonial" after sweating blood and millions getting to the premiership..

but im fu cked if i can see it.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Summary of our Old Trafford performance - Disagree? on 09:35 - Sep 16 with 1139 viewsdaveB

We didn't play well at all but we really do go over the top sometimes after a bad result or performance
Summary of our Old Trafford performance - Disagree? on 09:38 - Sep 16 with 1129 viewsDiscodroids

i think its losing four of our first five games, one to a fourth division side, scoring one goal in the process rather than a self confessed testimonal performance at old trafford that irks some.

not sundays result in isolation.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Summary of our Old Trafford performance - Disagree? on 09:39 - Sep 16 with 1128 viewsfreddieeddie

Summary of our Old Trafford performance - Disagree? on 09:35 - Sep 16 by daveB

We didn't play well at all but we really do go over the top sometimes after a bad result or performance

I have always said I can accept a bad performance in terms of poor finishing, poor passing, mistakes by the defence. What I can never accept is not putting in effort, hassling, chasing, tackling etc.

Poll: QPR future, what would you like to see happen

Summary of our Old Trafford performance - Disagree? on 09:39 - Sep 16 with 1128 viewsElHoop

So true. We could have had a go at them. We could have had a go at Burton. United could have had a go at MK Dons. It's going to be about what we get right though, not just about what we get wrong.
Summary of our Old Trafford performance - Disagree? on 10:23 - Sep 16 with 1093 viewsPinnerPaul

Exactly Dave, plenty more defeats to come, some people's blood pressure won't take it I don't think!

A more reasoned analysis came from Armand Traore who said we concentrated too much on keeping our shape and not enough on closing down.

The "plan" was to lose down in numbers, but as he said, we never did that.
Summary of our Old Trafford performance - Disagree? on 10:43 - Sep 16 with 1085 viewsDiscodroids

no raised blood pressure here i can assure you, only things like rotherham council and fatty foods alter that.

and possibly akos buzacky in barry sheen cream bikers leathers..phowarrrrrrrrrrr!!
[Post edited 16 Sep 2014 11:07]

Login to get fewer ads

Summary of our Old Trafford performance - Disagree? on 10:48 - Sep 16 with 1072 viewsRangersw12

Its not a new thing though our away performances has been terrible under Redknapp ever since he has been manager
Summary of our Old Trafford performance - Disagree? on 11:16 - Sep 16 with 1038 viewsdaveB

Summary of our Old Trafford performance - Disagree? on 10:48 - Sep 16 by Rangersw12

Its not a new thing though our away performances has been terrible under Redknapp ever since he has been manager

I'd agree we haven't done well away from home for ages but for me I still think the games to judge us in are coming up rather than Man Utd away.
Summary of our Old Trafford performance - Disagree? on 11:40 - Sep 16 with 1006 viewsPinnerPaul

Summary of our Old Trafford performance - Disagree? on 11:16 - Sep 16 by daveB

I'd agree we haven't done well away from home for ages but for me I still think the games to judge us in are coming up rather than Man Utd away.

Our last away game last season was pretty good!!!!!!!!!!!
Summary of our Old Trafford performance - Disagree? on 11:49 - Sep 16 with 995 viewsQPR_John

Summary of our Old Trafford performance - Disagree? on 11:40 - Sep 16 by PinnerPaul

But Derby's was not
Summary of our Old Trafford performance - Disagree? on 11:55 - Sep 16 with 985 viewsDiscodroids

away game???..surely it was a neutrally domiciled fixture...for both parties.Ergo derby county were not at home, thus rendering your conclusion that this as an 'away 'fixture, incorrect.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2014 12:01]

Summary of our Old Trafford performance - Disagree? on 12:15 - Sep 16 with 946 viewsloftus77

Summary of our Old Trafford performance - Disagree? on 11:55 - Sep 16 by Discodroids

away game???..surely it was a neutrally domiciled fixture...for both parties.Ergo derby county were not at home, thus rendering your conclusion that this as an 'away 'fixture, incorrect.

Hang on..he might have meant Barnsley??!! Then again, probably not.
Summary of our Old Trafford performance - Disagree? on 12:30 - Sep 16 with 920 viewsRangersw12

Summary of our Old Trafford performance - Disagree? on 11:40 - Sep 16 by PinnerPaul

What 0-0 at Wigan !? where although it was a battling performance we once again offered nothing going forward
Summary of our Old Trafford performance - Disagree? on 12:34 - Sep 16 with 910 viewsWestbourneR

You see I have a slightly different take on it.

I think we did show the energy, desire and work-rate we all want - but they still just scored 3 goals anyway. Then we stopped showing energy, desire and work-rate.

Actually to be honest the heads dropped after the first goal.

We need to show some quality in order to get some rewards in order to keep working hard. It's human psychology. If you were losing 4 nil I suspect your work rate might drop of a tad too.

This whole idea of 'I don't mind if we're crap so long as we run around a lot while we're doing it' doesn't wash with me. We need to play well, end of.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Summary of our Old Trafford performance - Disagree? on 12:42 - Sep 16 with 892 viewsDiscodroids

Summary of our Old Trafford performance - Disagree? on 12:34 - Sep 16 by WestbourneR

You see I have a slightly different take on it.

I think we did show the energy, desire and work-rate we all want - but they still just scored 3 goals anyway. Then we stopped showing energy, desire and work-rate.

Actually to be honest the heads dropped after the first goal.

We need to show some quality in order to get some rewards in order to keep working hard. It's human psychology. If you were losing 4 nil I suspect your work rate might drop of a tad too.

This whole idea of 'I don't mind if we're crap so long as we run around a lot while we're doing it' doesn't wash with me. We need to play well, end of.

toot sweet ,westbourneR. i concur.

In the harsh dojo of life and work, we are all called upon to perform tasks, duties comensurate and in some cases , above and beyond our pay grade and standing...its what you do.

if you fail, at least you can say 'i tried'.

Yes , even highly paid international footballers in blue and white hoops.

ive seen no evidence of that in so many away games under harold it pains me more than a living breathing rotherham MP and kieth vaz.

treating spurs and man utd as testimonials whilst assuming the role of 'davis' in the potting shed is not on the agenda.

[Post edited 16 Sep 2014 12:48]

Summary of our Old Trafford performance - Disagree? on 12:56 - Sep 16 with 850 viewsWestbourneR

Yeah I've gotta say we basically failed to turn up at all the big away games in the Championship too.

Don't think Harry is much of a motivator these days.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Summary of our Old Trafford performance - Disagree? on 15:57 - Sep 16 with 764 viewsPinnerPaul

Summary of our Old Trafford performance - Disagree? on 11:55 - Sep 16 by Discodroids

This could be a good discussion, but we were not at home either, therefore we were both away!
Summary of our Old Trafford performance - Disagree? on 18:11 - Sep 16 with 728 viewsDiscodroids

whenever i think of manchester and places like ' Rusholme' , 'Levenshume ' and 'Wythenshawe' it evokes to this crafty cockney images of cotton mills , comatose infants on laudanum while their parent work the fat of the land or get pissed up in the slum taverns and gin dens.perhaps engaging in rough sex on street corners .

sometimes i even think of 'ray langton' from coronation street kicking a tin can down the depressing cobbold streets , maybe to the sounds of thin lizzy 'whiskey in the jar.

sometimes i even think of this

as the bold arthur daley would say.."its a bleedin wilderness up there'

Mancunians.....fk 'em.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2014 18:12]

Summary of our Old Trafford performance - Disagree? on 19:39 - Sep 16 with 671 viewsbarabajagal

Summary of our Old Trafford performance - Disagree? on 09:34 - Sep 16 by Discodroids

according to karl henry and cara delvangie in the evening standard last night, "we treated the game as a testimonial".

im sure theres something to be gained from playing "like it was a testimonial" after sweating blood and millions getting to the premiership..

but im fu cked if i can see it.

That's correct, and tell that to the 1800, most of whom would have kept their five score in their sky rockets had they have known that we were going to throw the game (cockney rhyming slang copyright of Guy Ritchie). What were the odds on Man U to win by three or more? Would we ever know whether a few in the paddock wouldn't have had a stooge to lay big? It's difficult to love football sometimes. let's beat Stoke.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024