Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP 11:38 - Sep 16 with 2941 viewsCFW

What is very clear to me at the beginning of this new season especially now the transfer window is shut the gap between the 'have' and the 'have nots' is wider than ever before and one thing is for sure it is only going to get wider.

These have been lots of comments made re our performance on Sunday and yes we did not cover ourselves with glory but there are a lot more games like that to follow before the season ends. Everything went their way, needless foul, bad tracking back, scuffed shot that turned out to be a great pass along with two poor misses and we loose the game.

We have already seen our team get beat by four goals but we are not the only ones to get this number past us, Swansea (who were second in the league before Saturday) had four put past them and it could have been more, Everton had six put past them and Newcastle have also been hit for four. Even Spurs had three put past them by Liverpool when it could easily have been five or six.

Comments were made about Chelsea's performance on Saturday re the link play between midfield and forwards being great these players cost them close on £80 million. Bit of difference to that of Phillips, Fer etc linking with Charlie for a total of about £18 million. We bang on about Clint Hill playing at left back Mau U spent £26 million on a left back - how much did ours cost?

I am sorry but Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea will dominate the division simply because of the money they have available. I dread to think how much Man U's wage bill is per month - staggering.

If we are to go on about sacking the manager, calling for TF to resign, questioning players we all thought a few weeks ago were good purchases every time we get well beat then it is going to be a very long, hard and boring season.

We need to compete against similar teams to us and endure we stay in the division, it will not be easy but after four games we are really only one point short of where I thought we might be - should have got a point at home to Hull and would have done if Charlie had not missed the penalty and we deserved to get something from that match. Two defeats which we were expecting sandwiched with a good win against Sunderland.

The signings we have made are good players Isla has caught my eye already and he got no cover from Phillips on Sunday whereas Hoilett worked very hard down the left. Sandro has not played a game for months and looked out on his feet half way through the second half. Nicko would not be in the side if Mutch had been fit so nothing a few more games wont solve.

Big game this weekend and think we can win.
As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 11:41 - Sep 16 with 2224 viewsTheChef

Tsk this kind of reasoned argument will not stand!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 11:52 - Sep 16 with 2198 viewscoolranger

Hard to take issue with any of the OP's points. There is a huge gulf between the top PL sides and the rest.

Our league starts at 11th and extends down to 20th. I think we are competitive with the bottom half of the PL, and so those games are mighty important - like Stoke at home.

I think it is the abject manner of the Spurs and United defeats which is particularly galling for many on here - defeat we can take, from sides with far far greater resources than us, but to be embarrassed every time we play away to a top side is not on, especially when many other weaker sides seem to make a better fist of it.
As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 12:02 - Sep 16 with 2178 viewssimmo

We need to compete with everybody - we need to get results against the teams around us.

It's 11 of us vs 11 of them come kick off, we should at least be able to give teams a game, even if ultimately our efforts are pretty futile against the top 3-4 in this division.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 12:12 - Sep 16 with 2154 viewspaulparker

As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 12:02 - Sep 16 by simmo

We need to compete with everybody - we need to get results against the teams around us.

It's 11 of us vs 11 of them come kick off, we should at least be able to give teams a game, even if ultimately our efforts are pretty futile against the top 3-4 in this division.

Spot on
otherwise what's the point in being in the League
as we have discovered Spurs arnt all that , yet we made them look like Brazil 1970
got to say if we still had Warnock in charge we would see more fight & passion against the top 4-5 sides

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 12:15 - Sep 16 with 2141 viewsdaveB

As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 12:12 - Sep 16 by paulparker

Spot on
as we have discovered Spurs arnt all that , yet we made them look like Brazil 1970
got to say if we still had Warnock in charge we would see more fight & passion against the top 4-5 sides

We didn't show much fight and passion when we got battered by Fulham and Bolton under Warnock and went with our trousers down at Liverpool
As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 12:19 - Sep 16 with 2124 viewsCFW

As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 12:12 - Sep 16 by paulparker

Spot on

Here we go again - living in the past Warnock is not good enough to be a manager at the higher level, yes he can motivate for a few games but you can only do so much with the players at your disposal. Surely you are not suggesting you would have Warnock over Harry????
As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 12:21 - Sep 16 with 2119 viewsDiscodroids

agree with the op in some respects.

however , do we not bother to compete with the top six teams over the course of the season??...we write off 16% of our premiership campaign ...literally without breaking sweat.

if thats the case, fine.

perhaps we should inform our travelling fans that there just going for a piss up and strippers etc, if not for the football,entertainment or pre requisite effort in blue and white hoops.

a hundred +quid approx is a lot of money to watch a self confessed testimonial day out.

if its asking one of the best paid managers in the country, his vast staff, experianced internationals and established players to 'compete' is too much for them...how much is a day out at lego land??

it would be cheaper to stay at home or the pub and there wont have the 'ag of who has to be the designated driver.

at what point do we say to ourselves. "lets not compete"..top 4 ???..top 6???..top 8.

tell me when im getting close, it will be handy when im making the decision to go to game Or B&Q to pick up some fence panels for the garden.

given that we already seem to write off fa cup and league cup games, are we only going to try to compete in games that coincide with tabbernacle day or when the sun moves into its 3rd phase of eqquinox.

danny dyers line in the' football factory 'about spunking your money on brasses, kebabs and fruit machines while averting the gaze of your mrs in your sexless marraige sounds utopia compared to seeing henry and bond discussing logarithims 300 miles from chingford.

compete ?, "for sure..." win ??, probably not, but thats ok by me.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2014 12:55]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 12:24 - Sep 16 with 2103 viewspaulparker

As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 12:15 - Sep 16 by daveB

We didn't show much fight and passion when we got battered by Fulham and Bolton under Warnock and went with our trousers down at Liverpool

Dave behave yourself, you cannot compare the teams or the resources HR has had compared to Warnock
answer this , do you honestly think this HR team would have got a 3-3 at Newcastle being 3-2 down with a minute to go

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 12:25 - Sep 16 with 2100 viewspaulparker

As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 12:19 - Sep 16 by CFW

Here we go again - living in the past Warnock is not good enough to be a manager at the higher level, yes he can motivate for a few games but you can only do so much with the players at your disposal. Surely you are not suggesting you would have Warnock over Harry????

I would have Warnock over Arry all day long

As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 12:37 - Sep 16 with 2053 viewsAntti_Heinola

I too would take Warnock over Harry every day of the week.

There's plenty of sense in the OP, though, but again, I think a lot of people like CFW are getting confused. No one on here expected a win, a draw would have been a superb result. But read Clive's report and get educated. What we did up there was not enough. It's not about the gulf in class or the difference in money spent - it's about pride, having a plan, not rolling over to be tickled, not being beaten before a ball is kicked. We were awful, dreadful, bereft of direction, totally lacking in belief. It was embarrassing, to be frank. As Clive pointed out, we lost 4-0, had virtually no possession and didn;t even pick up a booking. That sums up our attitude. Do what you like United - we can't win, so why bother trying?

Yes, all teams are at risk of a battering, and it will happen to many teams this season. But just because Newcastle ship four, it's no excuse for us. Newcastle are an embarrassment themselves and have been all year. And, as has been repeatedly pointed out, if you did a poll of who says HR should be fired now, I doubt you'd get more than 5% saying 'Yes.'

Bare bones.

As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 12:40 - Sep 16 with 2046 viewsDeano19766

As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 11:52 - Sep 16 by coolranger

Hard to take issue with any of the OP's points. There is a huge gulf between the top PL sides and the rest.

Our league starts at 11th and extends down to 20th. I think we are competitive with the bottom half of the PL, and so those games are mighty important - like Stoke at home.

I think it is the abject manner of the Spurs and United defeats which is particularly galling for many on here - defeat we can take, from sides with far far greater resources than us, but to be embarrassed every time we play away to a top side is not on, especially when many other weaker sides seem to make a better fist of it.

"Our league starts at 11th and extends down to 20th"

Pretty much spot on that. So, really, what is the point of it? Would be a great day if the top clubs facked off and set up a full time european, or even world, league. The top division may even be worth being in again. Until that time, it pointless w@nk
[Post edited 16 Sep 2014 12:40]
As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 13:10 - Sep 16 with 1975 viewsCroydonCaptJack

As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 12:25 - Sep 16 by paulparker

Seriously Paul?
As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 13:15 - Sep 16 with 1961 viewsCFW

As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 12:24 - Sep 16 by paulparker

Dave behave yourself, you cannot compare the teams or the resources HR has had compared to Warnock
answer this , do you honestly think this HR team would have got a 3-3 at Newcastle being 3-2 down with a minute to go

To be fair to Warnock they did battle well against Newcastle and got a draw. Newcastle are a joke of a side at the moment not just this season but for the last quarter of the previous season. Would like to think any team would battle when you are playing them their defence is awful!!
As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 13:17 - Sep 16 with 1956 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Good opening post. We need to beat the teams around us.
I do agree with most on here that we showed Spurs and Man Utd way too much respect but I actually thought we looked ok before that silly free kick. They hadn't exactly been peppering our goal despite all that possession.
As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 13:25 - Sep 16 with 1928 viewsCFW

As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 12:37 - Sep 16 by Antti_Heinola

I too would take Warnock over Harry every day of the week.

There's plenty of sense in the OP, though, but again, I think a lot of people like CFW are getting confused. No one on here expected a win, a draw would have been a superb result. But read Clive's report and get educated. What we did up there was not enough. It's not about the gulf in class or the difference in money spent - it's about pride, having a plan, not rolling over to be tickled, not being beaten before a ball is kicked. We were awful, dreadful, bereft of direction, totally lacking in belief. It was embarrassing, to be frank. As Clive pointed out, we lost 4-0, had virtually no possession and didn;t even pick up a booking. That sums up our attitude. Do what you like United - we can't win, so why bother trying?

Yes, all teams are at risk of a battering, and it will happen to many teams this season. But just because Newcastle ship four, it's no excuse for us. Newcastle are an embarrassment themselves and have been all year. And, as has been repeatedly pointed out, if you did a poll of who says HR should be fired now, I doubt you'd get more than 5% saying 'Yes.'

Sorry but we are going to have to agree to disagree with this one and only time will tell who was right and who was wrong.

One thing I do agree with is the players should respect their fans, club, manager, employers and themselves and give 100% for every match. Sometimes the underdog gets the result no one expects, Stoke against Man City for example. But look at the match and it is a one off, Stoke got so lucky and 99 times out of 100 they get beat but they stuck to a game plan and it paid off.

Quite funny that they got the same treatment this week at home!!
As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 13:39 - Sep 16 with 1896 viewsNov77

Stan collymore done an hour on this on TS last night, speaking out against the cartel at the top, then Goldstein (the man utd fan from london) came on and laid into him.

http://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1410804000#

Go to the 4:20 min mark of the 21-30 to 22-00 slot.

It's well worth a listen, collymore was excellent.
Goldstein's attitude was typical of fans at the top who have a sense of entitlement and believe they should be in the champions league every year just because they've got more money than everyone else.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 13:41 - Sep 16 with 1891 viewsCroydonCaptJack

As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 13:25 - Sep 16 by CFW

Sorry but we are going to have to agree to disagree with this one and only time will tell who was right and who was wrong.

One thing I do agree with is the players should respect their fans, club, manager, employers and themselves and give 100% for every match. Sometimes the underdog gets the result no one expects, Stoke against Man City for example. But look at the match and it is a one off, Stoke got so lucky and 99 times out of 100 they get beat but they stuck to a game plan and it paid off.

Yes, and the irony was even not lost on old granny hair himself was it.
As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 13:45 - Sep 16 with 1872 viewsR_from_afar

As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 12:02 - Sep 16 by simmo

Absolutely spot on. The "big" sides will drop points and Redknapp and his "coaches" need to start earning their inflated salaries by ensuring we are ready and able to get those points.

Oh, and one more thing: Liverpool 0 Villa 1.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 13:48 - Sep 16 with 1865 viewsShotKneesHoop

Me too, at least under Warnock most people tried, sometimes all of them in the odd game.

Palace are far more likely than us to stay up, in spite of spending less mooolah.

'Arry has the kings clothes on, 'Arry's really is in the altogether, if anyone remembers the Danny Kaye's kid's song. In other words, everything is triffic, brilliant, whereas a little kid who can afford a mortgage to watch a game would say "But, Dad, they're playing crap week in week out, because they're just aren't bothering to try to get something out of the game."
[Post edited 16 Sep 2014 13:53]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 13:55 - Sep 16 with 1848 viewsCroydonCaptJack

As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 13:48 - Sep 16 by ShotKneesHoop

Me too, at least under Warnock most people tried, sometimes all of them in the odd game.

Palace are far more likely than us to stay up, in spite of spending less mooolah.

'Arry has the kings clothes on, 'Arry's really is in the altogether, if anyone remembers the Danny Kaye's kid's song. In other words, everything is triffic, brilliant, whereas a little kid who can afford a mortgage to watch a game would say "But, Dad, they're playing crap week in week out, because they're just aren't bothering to try to get something out of the game."
[Post edited 16 Sep 2014 13:53]

The bookies have us and Palace as about as likely to go down as each other.
As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 14:11 - Sep 16 with 1817 viewspaulparker

As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 13:10 - Sep 16 by CroydonCaptJack

Seriously Paul?

yes mate , I would
for one thing Warnock wanted to be here , wanted to improve things, cared for the club
NW saw this as the best job going
I don't get that with Arry, he doesn't want to be here really, he sees us as a step down
one last pay chq, we are beneath what he had at spurs
bar the play off game against wigan , the atmosphere has been flat & terrible at HQ
under HR,
compare the atmosphere when NW was here, he got us going, give us a wave or a fist pump , its little things like that which give the crowd an extra bit of incentive,
Warnock was harshly sacked if you compare some of the displays we have seen under HR & MH

As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 14:19 - Sep 16 with 1806 viewsAntti_Heinola

As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 13:25 - Sep 16 by CFW

Which bit of what I wrote do you disagree with, CFW?

Bare bones.

As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 14:29 - Sep 16 with 1780 viewsCFW

As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 14:19 - Sep 16 by Antti_Heinola

Which bit of what I wrote do you disagree with, CFW?

Preferring Warnock to Harry.

I understand and appreciate we all have different opinions on players, managers and the way the team is selected etc. I have never said the HR is perfect but at this higher level his track record is far superior to that of NW.

Lets be honest NW was third or fourth choice as manager at Palace and I doubt if he will see the season out. What I would say though is I do not have a problem with him and he has a great track record of getting teams from the Championship into the Premier division. Unfortunately that is his limit - since leaving us he has been very, very poor.

Sorry.
As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 14:30 - Sep 16 with 1777 viewsCroydonCaptJack

As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 14:11 - Sep 16 by paulparker

yes mate , I would
for one thing Warnock wanted to be here , wanted to improve things, cared for the club
NW saw this as the best job going
I don't get that with Arry, he doesn't want to be here really, he sees us as a step down
one last pay chq, we are beneath what he had at spurs
bar the play off game against wigan , the atmosphere has been flat & terrible at HQ
under HR,
compare the atmosphere when NW was here, he got us going, give us a wave or a fist pump , its little things like that which give the crowd an extra bit of incentive,
Warnock was harshly sacked if you compare some of the displays we have seen under HR & MH

I agree he was harshly sacked mate.
As they say on the underground - MIND THE GAP on 14:55 - Sep 16 with 1744 viewsQPunkR

Totally agree with this

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024