Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
OK, some numbers. 15:56 - Sep 16 with 1229 viewsQPR_ARG

I read tons of messages here and on Facebook/Twitter from QPR fans.

Harry fans, Harry haters, result-driven fans, etc. All sorts.

But there's one thing that is independent of opinions: NUMBERS.

Let's see:

QPR with Harry in the Premier League.

- Lost 3 out of 4 league matches this term, his team managed to score only one goal,

- Lost 13 of 26 last time we were in the Premier League.

- Lost 16 out of 30 in the Premier League under Harry.

- Won 5 (Sunderland this season, Fulham, Chelsea, Southampton and Sunderland our previous one in the Premier League).

- 24 points of a possible 90 (if I'm not mistaken).

- There are 102 points to be contested from Saturday. At a similar pace, we risk finishing the season with about 30 points (give or take).

- We got relegated last time around with 25 points, and Wigan did with 36.

- Cardiff were bottom with 30, last season. Norwich (33) and Fulham (32) joined them.

Now for a bit of opinion:

It really is scary.

And a VERY BIG factor is THE MANNER in which we lost the majority of those. They way we "played" or "competed". Not very encouraging, even Harry fans must agree.

I've been involved less and less in arguments around Harry. It all seems to end when people backing him above everything else say: "He got us promoted!". Conveniently ignoring the fact that he also got us relegated in the first place.

This is not an over-reaction from losing against United at Old Trafford. And of course I hope him and his team can turn this around.

But I don't like what I'm seeing of QPR under Harry.

OK, I'll grab my helmet because here comes the abuse at my last part of the post. The first one, will probably be ignored by those abusing me (just like our previous season in the Premier League under Harry).
OK, some numbers. on 16:13 - Sep 16 with 1198 viewsdaveB

I think it's pointless looking back to the last Premier League campaign, we were crap whether you look at it in stats or performance and last year is pretty irrelevant now as well.

For me the next two months will be key to our season, we need to get points and have plenty of games especially at home where we need to get those points, If things don't improve and we fail to get those points I think Redknapp will be out of the door.
OK, some numbers. on 16:25 - Sep 16 with 1170 viewsMytch_QPR

OK, some numbers. on 16:13 - Sep 16 by daveB

I think it's pointless looking back to the last Premier League campaign, we were crap whether you look at it in stats or performance and last year is pretty irrelevant now as well.

For me the next two months will be key to our season, we need to get points and have plenty of games especially at home where we need to get those points, If things don't improve and we fail to get those points I think Redknapp will be out of the door.

...which makes it all the more mysterious that there is supposedly a new 2 year contract on the table!
We need to win as many home games as possible. Sadly, I'm pretty resigned to a few beatings on the road - and that's easier for me to say because I'm rarely able to travel to away games.
We will improve - of that I'm sure. At the final reckoning, I think it will be close but there will be 3-4 teams with fewer points.

The burning question is - if we're in the bottom 3 at the end of the year is TF going to go odd in the transfer window? - with the FFP situation I can't see how we can (or who would come to us if they were decent)...

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

OK, some numbers. on 16:31 - Sep 16 with 1152 viewsdaveB

he'll probably sign the contract the moment I press send but I think this contract lark is all a bluff and will never get offered or signed.
OK, some numbers. on 16:51 - Sep 16 with 1104 viewsTacticalR

OK, some numbers. on 16:31 - Sep 16 by daveB

he'll probably sign the contract the moment I press send but I think this contract lark is all a bluff and will never get offered or signed.

Air hostess clique

OK, some numbers. on 17:37 - Sep 16 with 1044 viewskropotkin41

We've been amongst the favourites for relegation since we were promoted. I suppose that I didn't want to accept that this would be the case because I believed that the team had been well and truly galvanised by the play-offs.

At this point I've seen nothing to make me think that Harry will lead us to safety.......... BUT I've been away and haven't been to HQ or even watched all of the games, so what do I know. I do know that that performance on Sunday was the performance of the team that looks most likely to finish in 20th place.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

OK, some numbers. on 17:49 - Sep 16 with 1016 viewsted_hendrix

Isn't Redknapp being done to death on some other thread?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

OK, some numbers. on 18:05 - Sep 16 with 990 viewsBklynRanger

OK, some numbers. on 17:49 - Sep 16 by ted_hendrix

Isn't Redknapp being done to death on some other thread?

I thought so. It's all about exposure these days.
OK, some numbers. on 19:40 - Sep 16 with 911 viewsQPR_ARG

OK, some numbers. on 16:13 - Sep 16 by daveB

I see your point. Some things have changed, but despite overall conditions, there is one thing I haven't seen from Redknapp's team in the Premier League: ability to compete and to get the most out of the players he manages.

Which ones of our players have performed better for us (on a consistent basis) than at their previous clubs?

When have we played 2 good matches in a row under Harry at the top level?

All I have are questions.
Login to get fewer ads

OK, some numbers. on 19:45 - Sep 16 with 893 viewsbarabajagal

My goodness, evidence to support an opinion! I believe that's what the Germans call.... Actually I have no idea! But refreshing none-the-less.
OK, some numbers. on 19:45 - Sep 16 with 892 viewsdaveB

OK, some numbers. on 19:40 - Sep 16 by QPR_ARG

I see your point. Some things have changed, but despite overall conditions, there is one thing I haven't seen from Redknapp's team in the Premier League: ability to compete and to get the most out of the players he manages.

Which ones of our players have performed better for us (on a consistent basis) than at their previous clubs?

I thought we played well in the two home games and crap in the two away ones which is to be expected with yet another new team taking time to settle down. It will need to get better if we are going to stay up, at the moment we're one of 6 sides who will struggle to stay up and I don't see that changing with or without redknapp
OK, some numbers. on 21:09 - Sep 16 with 826 viewsdolcelatte

Dave seriously only bother you go week in week out and form an opinion at the game meanwhile watching on some dodgy internet feed half way round the world someone gets very opionated...

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

OK, some numbers. on 22:15 - Sep 16 with 757 viewsCiderwithRsie

I'm ambivalent about Redknapp, but I don't think your numbers add up to a hill of beans

The total number of games looks like it might tell us something, but most of them relate to a different set of players who had, crucially, already all but given up under Hughes. For this season you have a sample of 4 games, two of them Man U and Spurs away, both of which any competent bookie would have set down as certain home wins.

I don't say there aren't grounds for criticism or concern, especially with the manner oft he two defeats, but I think you are still in the realm of opinion. Numbers only help if they are relevant and significant and I'm not convinced there are enough relevant ones to be significant.
OK, some numbers. on 22:47 - Sep 16 with 697 viewsloftus77

Southampton (A) followed by Sunderland (H) in 2012-13? Clutching at straws but back-to-back wins nonethless....
OK, some numbers. on 23:48 - Sep 16 with 653 viewsAgedR

This time last year we were in the longest sequence of consecutive games without conceding a goal in our history.

Perm two from them.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

OK, some numbers. on 00:00 - Sep 17 with 645 viewsQPR_ARG

OK, some numbers. on 21:09 - Sep 16 by dolcelatte

Dave seriously only bother you go week in week out and form an opinion at the game meanwhile watching on some dodgy internet feed half way round the world someone gets very opionated...

So you are not entitled to talk about any match you actually don't attend? What a ridiculous thing to say!

You can't comment on World Cup finals (unless you are actually there watching).

You can't comment on any match unless you're there?

What makes you think I have dodgy internet feeds? I may live in Argentina, but for your information, this is a country with a bit of technology. Not like the NASA headquarters, I'd think, but perhaps you'll be pleased to know I have HD and I can record matches, and pause and rewind and actually analyse the games even better than if I was at the stadium. I have EVERY Premier League match included in my subscription.

What does your message mean? That I'm less of a fan because I live abroad and can't afford to attend to matches? I hope you realise of the irony of what your message implies.

I have watched EVERY QPR match in the Premier League (since getting promoted in 2011) except for a defeat at Sunderland because I was busy interviewing Neymar in Brazil that day.

And I'm only referring to our campaigns in the Premier League.

I guess I can have an opinion. And I guess you're entitled to dislike it. But trying to discredit me like that? That's just ridiculous.
OK, some numbers. on 00:02 - Sep 17 with 644 viewsQPR_ARG

OK, some numbers. on 23:48 - Sep 16 by AgedR

This time last year we were in the longest sequence of consecutive games without conceding a goal in our history.

Perm two from them.

I'm talking about Premier League.
OK, some numbers. on 00:05 - Sep 17 with 642 viewsQPR_ARG

OK, some numbers. on 22:47 - Sep 16 by loftus77

Southampton (A) followed by Sunderland (H) in 2012-13? Clutching at straws but back-to-back wins nonethless....

Correct. Two good results and back-to-back.

For my liking...I'm not very happy that's what we have to show for.
OK, some numbers. on 00:05 - Sep 17 with 642 viewsbarbicanranger

OK, some numbers. on 16:31 - Sep 16 by daveB

I tend to agree.
OK, some numbers. on 02:05 - Sep 17 with 605 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Call me superficial but it's mostly about style for me.

We are likely to be lower half premiership team at best and a yoyo club at worst for the foreseeable future unless something significantly good or significantly bad happens to us.

With that in mind i would love to see as trying to win the ball back in the opponents half, even if that means being sprung open on occasions.

And flooding forward when we've got the ball. Live by the sword die by the sword...why not?

I'm afraid that means a new manager

It's got to be Yarg

OK, some numbers. on 05:58 - Sep 17 with 561 viewsmacclesfieldman

An excellent post.
I was delighted when we appointed HR in November 2012 and believed he had enough games left to save us but his performance was no better than the players.
Continuing to select players that were consistently poor / had a bad attitude.
I was prepared to forgive this poor season as he managed us to promotion and seemed to have a decent pre-season but nothing he says inspires any confidence in me.
Fers and Sandro are not match fit. Well, why select them then?
I "think" we'll be ok. That is not good enough. I'm sure Pullis was a lot more positive when he walked in the door at the bottom club last season and that rubbed off on the Palace players.
If there was a vote today, I would vote to get rid of HR, KB, JJ & GH as in 3 away games we have lost 9-0 playing to a level that was an embarrassment in all 3.

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

OK, some numbers. on 07:50 - Sep 17 with 494 viewsterryb

OK, some numbers. on 22:15 - Sep 16 by CiderwithRsie

I'm ambivalent about Redknapp, but I don't think your numbers add up to a hill of beans

The total number of games looks like it might tell us something, but most of them relate to a different set of players who had, crucially, already all but given up under Hughes. For this season you have a sample of 4 games, two of them Man U and Spurs away, both of which any competent bookie would have set down as certain home wins.

I don't say there aren't grounds for criticism or concern, especially with the manner oft he two defeats, but I think you are still in the realm of opinion. Numbers only help if they are relevant and significant and I'm not convinced there are enough relevant ones to be significant.

Yes, a different set of players but I havn't noticed any change in how we approach matches. For me mentality is our biggest problem and that stems from the management, be it the club or team or both.

A quick summary of different players :-

Ferdinand = Ferdinand
Fer = Mbia or Diatike
Phillips = SWP
Hoilett = Hoilett
Caulker = You would hope Nelsen but perhaps it is Samba
Derry = Henry or Sandro

I would sugest there is not that much difference. On paper both squads are better than relegation but we come back to our fragile mental side.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024