Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Where were you when you were at Loftus Road?" 00:53 - Sep 17 with 411 viewsFredManRave

Another interesting and informative thread the "Old Oak Exhibition" one.

This "project"...sorry...regeneration of OOC will have many twists and turns before anything concrete, quite literally, happens.

The main point that I choose to focus on is, quite obviously, the stadium itself and more specifically the capacity. If we could have chosen, then I'm sure we would (nearly) all have chosen a new ground being built specifically for QPR and not part of and size and cost wise, a very small part of, some huge regeneration project. But it looks like that's what's going to happen so there's nothing we can actually do about it.

But then what about the stadium capacity. I think most would choose a step by step, or maybe that should be stand by stand approach. Again if we were building a stadium solely for our use and benefit then surely most of us would recognise that going straight in with a 40k capacity just wouldn't make sense. A capacity of around 30k would be prudent and then see how things materialise. In years to come additional stands could be built when we could project that we'd fill 35k and then 40k thus justifying the cost.

In summary the whole situation just doesn't sit right with me. It's obvious that Loftus Road is not Premier League standard and bearing in mind the "fact" that we can't improve Loftus Road we obviously have to move. And I understand the need (more so now due to poor running and management of the club over the last 3 years) to improve "revenue streams" etc etc, but as a tiny part of some huge regeneration project in a stadium being built not solely for our footballing needs in a "New Queens Park Area" doesn't really do it for me.

And it's been particularly interesting reading recently people slagging off Utd and their plastic fans, big business, tourists and other such non footballing stuff and yet that is exactly what we will become.

Do we really want/need a 40k capacity stadium and be part of a huge business project, becoming less about the football and more about the "revenue streams". You can't slag off Utd on the one hand and then suggest that we effectively become them on the other.

We could become known as the Plastic R's. And what the atmosphere would be like with 15.000 new fans (plastics/fakes) and 10.000 away doesn't bear thinking about. Or the Championship equivalent of the usual 15k taking up less than 40% of the capacity. These are things that should be being taken into account, but they won't be because there are other, more important, factors to take into account.

I just think it's a shame there couldn't be something inbetween.

I just think it's a shame that it's not all about QPR.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

(No subject) on 01:16 - Sep 17 with 400 viewsDeano19766

Well said. However, Big Bad Tone and his pals know exactly what they are doing. QPR are just a very very small part of a big big money spinner for them. That's modern football I suppose. Accept it and go along with it, or make noises and try to stop it. I reckon most on here will be following AFC QPR in 15 years to be honest......and why not anyway? Beats anything the Premiershite has to offer in my book
[Post edited 17 Sep 2014 6:45]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024