Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article 13:25 - Sep 17 with 3072 viewsShotKneesHoop

A very comprehensive investigation to the cause of QPR's woes is in today's Telegraph, written by a reporter who travelled from London to watch the Manure game on same the train with QPR supporters. I can't scan it, maybe some else can, and stick it up here for everyone to read.

Key sentence is "Tony Fernandes, the club's majority shareholder, is said to be worth £500 million. and the Mittal family, who own a third of the shares, can lay claim to £14 billion, but their intentions have never been clear"

I think that sums it up, QPR is a play thing to them and they reckon thowing money at any problem will fix everything.

A whole page on QPR in a serious newspaper, and when you finish reading it, you know just how far up shit creek we are, and what a bloody long paddle it's gong to be to get back to seeing something we recognise as ours.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2014 13:32]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article on 13:27 - Sep 17 with 2285 viewswhittocksRs

Don't think it's a Qpr is a play thing, but we are only part of their much wider plan to make in-roads into London.
"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article on 13:33 - Sep 17 with 2236 viewsShotKneesHoop

"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article on 13:27 - Sep 17 by whittocksRs

Don't think it's a Qpr is a play thing, but we are only part of their much wider plan to make in-roads into London.

You make us sound like adding a cycle track to the A40.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article on 13:38 - Sep 17 with 2214 viewsQPunkR

I don't have any dealing with articles which manage to get one of their main points wrong. Dude talks about Clint at CB repeatedly. If he was really at the game, or even watched on Sky, he'd know that wasn't the case.

QPR - "shit but local"

"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article on 13:40 - Sep 17 with 2198 viewsEastR

I'm not sure there's much substance to this article - it's a rehash of things we already were aware of, with an added dose of journo speculation

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/11100195/Que

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article on 13:43 - Sep 17 with 2178 viewsPinnerPaul

London club faces possibility of relegation, a massive fine and expulsion from the Football League. Add failure to find a new home, a confidence void and an unfamiliar kit and the future looks bleak

"Comprehensive investigation" you say - yeah right!

Us and 12 other teams face the possibility of relegation, even the FL guy called expulsion the nuclear option that he hoped wouldn't be needed, failure to find a new home is a bit premature, confidence void (after 2 bad games?) and of course the icing on the comprehensive investigation the labelling of a kit we wore in the 1890s, 1920s, 1933 - 54 , 1955 - 59 , the 1960s , 1976 - 79, & 2002 - 03 as unfamiliar.

Also does nobody at these papers proof read.

Loved...... QPR achieved promotion using " a fraction of the budget of Derby"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(No subject) on 13:43 - Sep 17 with 2176 viewsTacticalR

"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article on 13:33 - Sep 17 by ShotKneesHoop

You make us sound like adding a cycle track to the A40.

Air hostess clique

"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article on 13:43 - Sep 17 with 2175 viewsTheBlob

I've always found the Telegraph to be one of the more porous and comfortable publications to hang on the back of the shithouse door.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:46 - Sep 17 with 2168 viewshook_hoops

Login to get fewer ads

"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article on 13:54 - Sep 17 with 2124 viewsbaz_qpr

I've read it, its on QPR reports website, it regurgitates both Car Giant and FFP stories both of which are being heavily biased in reporting towards 3rd parties with different vested interests alongside a report on our performance. Looks like we've pished him off somehow
"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article on 14:01 - Sep 17 with 2101 viewsPinnerPaul

"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article on 13:54 - Sep 17 by baz_qpr

I've read it, its on QPR reports website, it regurgitates both Car Giant and FFP stories both of which are being heavily biased in reporting towards 3rd parties with different vested interests alongside a report on our performance. Looks like we've pished him off somehow

Maybe he has an aversion to white kits!
"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article on 14:03 - Sep 17 with 2097 viewsCroydonCaptJack

'Very comprehensive' Are you serious.
It is all rehashed and not even proof read.
Very poor. I don't understand the thread title calling it brilliant. Bizarre.
"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article on 14:28 - Sep 17 with 2001 viewsdaveB

I thought it was a pretty lazy article which didn't really tell us anything. QPR is ripe for someone to have a good look at the way the club has been run for the last 15 years and how the club has been changed and the tactics used by various regimes has been terrible. An Article moaning that we wore our away kit to an away game and played Clint Hill misses the point a bit
"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article on 14:35 - Sep 17 with 1988 viewswhittocksRs

Pretty dire article, isn't it really? Taking a train and having a chat with a few Rangers fans does not an expert make. His assertions about Fernandes and the Mittals is largely true, but the rest of it is just hashing up old reports and not investigating those claims.
"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article on 14:54 - Sep 17 with 1936 viewsQPunkR

Yeah it seemed to me that the author just cobbled together a few recent headlines about QPR (without checking for veracity first), then possibly checked the subs made by both teams and wikipedia for Clint's position, then bunged in a bit about trains to make it sound like they'd actually done a bit of work. C- at best. Must. try. harder.

QPR - "shit but local"

"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article on 15:16 - Sep 17 with 1895 viewsWestbourneR

Have to say I don't agree. For a chief football writer I can't believe how poorly written it is. It's also focusing on our third kit as an example of us losing our identity, which is very stupid.

Also, it's all about how we are in trouble but it seems to revolve around us definitely getting relegated, which is quite presumptuous considering we're only 4 games in and we've already won one.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article on 17:00 - Sep 17 with 1737 viewsNW5Hoop

It's not an in depth inverstigation; it's a round-up of the state of things, written for his column. It's fine for that. His readership is general, not dedicated Rangers fans: the vast majority of them won't know about Car Giant and all that. Of course, we're going to think it's skimpy and old, but we're not the target readership.
"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article on 17:04 - Sep 17 with 1723 viewsquickpassrotter

Paul Hayward is an experienced writer and usually leans into some unique or first-hand insights to construct a piece. I think that there was probably a gap that needed to be filled and he got in there with a piece that carried a lot of old-hat, untruths and strange points of views - our white kit situation being an example, which many cherish from 1967 and is part of the current 3-kit deal this season with Nike, as we all know. I think if you did not know a lot about QPR you would come away with a ''wow, what's going on at that club'' response - but really what do we expect ? Lots of ingredients relating to characters and situations - past, present and potentially future - but absolutely nothing new or really insightful. Clint actually did not have that bad a game in the first 45 mins apart from that silly free kick give away and will not be the last player to be hooked at half time in any league, such was another of Hayward's strange angle within the article. Not sure if I would rather read absolutely nothing about our team and club apart from factual match reports in the press and other media, or continue to read the uninformative, inaccurate and subjective perspectives from journos that make me chuckle and make it all an eternal Circus event. Still, it's never a dull day at Loftus Road - and let's face it we do serve up it and help them create the stories, even when they don't get it right.
"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article on 17:06 - Sep 17 with 1715 viewsPinnerPaul

"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article on 17:00 - Sep 17 by NW5Hoop

It's not an in depth inverstigation; it's a round-up of the state of things, written for his column. It's fine for that. His readership is general, not dedicated Rangers fans: the vast majority of them won't know about Car Giant and all that. Of course, we're going to think it's skimpy and old, but we're not the target readership.

But surely "his target readership" is going to realise that "under threat of relegation" is pretty meaningless after 4 games?

And a four year old is going to spot the mistake about our budget being smaller than Derby's!

And failure to find a new home is just not true, whoever his readers are!
"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article on 17:08 - Sep 17 with 1713 viewskensalriser

I'll happily take where we are right now than when we were a second/third tier side always looking likely to topple into a second period of administration with the threat of losing the ground to the mysterious ABC of Panama by virtue of what now looks like a chump change debt of 10 million, thanks very much

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article on 17:22 - Sep 17 with 1685 viewsNorthernr

The target readership thing is right. If I'd written it, for this site, you'd slag it off, and rightly so, because there's no depth to it, it's just a "scratch the surface" kind of a piece. In the nationals, only really David Conn at the Guardian is allowed to sit there and write 3,000 in depth, well researched words on one club. The fact that he's brilliant and wins all the awards should wake the other papers up to the value of it, but it doesn't.

What Paul Hayward is writing here is a colour piece for the kind of Premier league fans who we all hate, who know nothing of QPR because they weren't in the Premier League last year and therefore didn't matter. Who is this awful team in the sht kit that rolled over and died on Sunday against a team that actually matters and we all care about so deeply? Well, here's a little bit about them.

It's a good deal better than the "money bags QPR" coverage we usually get, but for us lot who know our club so well it seems fairly pointless and amateurish. It's not, and Hayward is good, but he's not writing for LFW, he's writing for a general Telegraph audience, a good deal of whom wouldn't count football as their first sport anyway.
"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article on 18:06 - Sep 17 with 1589 viewsR_from_afar

Does Hayward also burns ants with magnifying glasses? A cowardly kick 'em when they're down sort of piece he can get away with because our fanbase is small so his readership will not suffer too much.

A weak piece too, perhaps stolen from a sixth former's satchel. Inaccuracies, no depth...

I will eagerly await his article later this week on Arsenal's identity crisis, after they played a team of giant bananas in a blue barber's pole kit. It may be quite a long wait.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article on 18:25 - Sep 17 with 1543 viewsQPRDave

Just more QPR bashing....
Each journo likes to give their "insight" so they can refer back to it if it all goes wrong for us
"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article on 18:45 - Sep 17 with 1495 viewshoopstilidie

Brilliant?

It's ill-researched (if at all), poorly written bollox.

And that's it's good qualities.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article on 19:33 - Sep 17 with 1416 viewsTHEBUSH

Oh dear, ShotKnees, nobody agrees with you
"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article on 20:47 - Sep 17 with 1291 viewsDoughnut

Whatever the pros or cons of this article......THERE IS definately something wrong with this club!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024