Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article 13:25 - Sep 17 with 3069 viewsShotKneesHoop

A very comprehensive investigation to the cause of QPR's woes is in today's Telegraph, written by a reporter who travelled from London to watch the Manure game on same the train with QPR supporters. I can't scan it, maybe some else can, and stick it up here for everyone to read.

Key sentence is "Tony Fernandes, the club's majority shareholder, is said to be worth £500 million. and the Mittal family, who own a third of the shares, can lay claim to £14 billion, but their intentions have never been clear"

I think that sums it up, QPR is a play thing to them and they reckon thowing money at any problem will fix everything.

A whole page on QPR in a serious newspaper, and when you finish reading it, you know just how far up shit creek we are, and what a bloody long paddle it's gong to be to get back to seeing something we recognise as ours.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2014 13:32]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article on 21:11 - Sep 17 with 789 viewsFredManRave

"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article on 19:33 - Sep 17 by THEBUSH

Oh dear, ShotKnees, nobody agrees with you

Maybe he's been wrong about SWP and actually he's a....very...........good.........nope can't write it. He's shite and SKH is one for two.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article on 22:28 - Sep 17 with 737 viewsBasingstokeR

Saw the story this morning. Most QPR fans will disagree or find fault with a fair bit, a significant amount of non QPR fans will lap it up... Everything wrong with football Rangers!
(No subject) on 23:06 - Sep 17 with 705 viewsShotKneesHoop

"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article on 19:33 - Sep 17 by THEBUSH

Oh dear, ShotKnees, nobody agrees with you

No change there then. I will review this article again next April.

Hopefully by then, SWP will have become either the Telegraph senior football correspondent or he's in the finals of Strictly Come Dancing with Jimmy Crankie as his partner.

There is such a thing as irony. It's how you put a crease in a shirt.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2014 23:11]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

(No subject) on 23:39 - Sep 17 with 663 viewsTearsOfaClown

(No subject) on 23:06 - Sep 17 by ShotKneesHoop

No change there then. I will review this article again next April.

Hopefully by then, SWP will have become either the Telegraph senior football correspondent or he's in the finals of Strictly Come Dancing with Jimmy Crankie as his partner.

There is such a thing as irony. It's how you put a crease in a shirt.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2014 23:11]

Ah - poor old ShotKnees - do I hear you cry

"Infamy, infamy . . .they've all got it infamy".
"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article on 03:55 - Sep 18 with 615 viewsjamois

And the same thing in video format is on the BBC Sport website right now. I wonder, does Hughes have his PR machine working overtime this week to suggest all our troubles run deeper than his nasty tenure? Timing of all this seems rather weird.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29246421

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article on 06:21 - Sep 18 with 603 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article on 03:55 - Sep 18 by jamois

And the same thing in video format is on the BBC Sport website right now. I wonder, does Hughes have his PR machine working overtime this week to suggest all our troubles run deeper than his nasty tenure? Timing of all this seems rather weird.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29246421

What a load of tosh that is. I love this facing relegation thing. I'm sure it's going to be a close run thing, but can't they at least wait until christmas

It's got to be Yarg

"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article on 08:41 - Sep 18 with 567 viewsNathanNI

"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article on 13:27 - Sep 17 by whittocksRs

Don't think it's a Qpr is a play thing, but we are only part of their much wider plan to make in-roads into London.

This.

We are far from a play thing, we are a vehicle to bigger riches, a bigger plan, and the ultimate goal is not football related as far I see it.

Some folks say 'why do you need the club involved to achieve this level of redevelopment?'.

I think its pretty clear that having a football club involved (especially a premier league club) in the move gives you sway with the council, locals etc.

Our identity was lost a long time ago, but these lot will change the club more than any previous board, and the good of the club (what's right for us, the fans, and the club as an entity, not its 'success') are a secondary factor.

IMHO.
"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article on 08:57 - Sep 18 with 559 viewsShotKneesHoop

"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article on 08:41 - Sep 18 by NathanNI

This.

We are far from a play thing, we are a vehicle to bigger riches, a bigger plan, and the ultimate goal is not football related as far I see it.

Some folks say 'why do you need the club involved to achieve this level of redevelopment?'.

I think its pretty clear that having a football club involved (especially a premier league club) in the move gives you sway with the council, locals etc.

Our identity was lost a long time ago, but these lot will change the club more than any previous board, and the good of the club (what's right for us, the fans, and the club as an entity, not its 'success') are a secondary factor.

IMHO.

Spot on, Nathan NI

I find it very hard to identify with anythings that goes on at QPR these days, apart from the ingrained ability to keep shooting themselves in the foot at every opportunity.

Login to get fewer ads

"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article on 22:24 - Sep 18 with 478 viewsderbyhoop

Take the worst possible scenario for any point of interest; exaggerate; draw the most serious possibilities and, voila, you have an article giving a view of our club which few of our fans recognize. It might appeal to the other 19 clubs and their armchair fans.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

"Identity Crisis Puts QPR On Road To Hell" a brilliant Paul Hayward article on 11:23 - Sep 19 with 436 viewstimcocking

Key sentence being something about not playing in hoops...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024