Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gerry Francis Podcast. 14:41 - Sep 17 with 1108 viewsDiscodroids

For those that havent yet listened , please try to asap,a really fantastic interview with gerry.

ive many treasured letters from gerry, during the richard thompson era, that were written with passion for QPR, saturating each and every sentence .

I even have a touching fax from him when i begged him on lloyds of london headed fax paper in a hastily impassioned plea to stay and not leave for spurs when i heard the news one afternoon.

i dont say this lightly, and as many of LFW members will know from my posts i dont give praise easily...but gerry was and is my hero.

THE king of loftus road.

Viva Gerry!!

only one daft question he was asked...., "would you consider yourself a qpr man!!.

gerry replied "what do you think ?." twenty years at qpr.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2014 16:28]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Gerry Francis Podcast. on 15:01 - Sep 17 with 1065 viewspaulparker

Great time to be supporting Rangers during the early 90's (actually the early 90's were just a top time, period)
we were spoilt with Don Howe then Gerry (who is such an underrated coach)
used to love how we would batter teams at HQ playing with wingers who could cross a 1st time ball,
he made the careers of so , so footballers
Les
Maddix
Holloway
Barker
Impey
Bardsley
Wilson
Peacock
Sinclair ,
made chicken salad out of chicken sh*t with devon white & bailey
they were all decent pro's but Gerry got them to another level, add in the class of Wilkins , Sinton Stejskal & Macca and we had a hell of a team
IMHO in 92/93 we were 3 good players short of getting a real crack at winning the Prem
3 million that's all it would have taken Thompson to stump up,
add an alex rae, a stan collymoore, a Kenny cunnigham , even an ian bishop (minus trevor morley)

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Gerry Francis Podcast. on 15:03 - Sep 17 with 1063 viewsFredManRave

Listened to it last night. Very interesting to hear what he had to say and it was obvious that the way it all ended for him at theclub still rankles.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Gerry Francis Podcast. on 15:09 - Sep 17 with 1050 viewsDiscodroids

damn straight pp, he wanted bishop and rae who were both playing out of their skins at the time and would have been a superb central midfield but thompson wouldnt have it.

another was paul williams the centerback from derby who used to get his share of goals.. he went in for him a few a times , alas thompson again said no.

ged brannan the tranmere midfielder was another who slipped thru that gerry was keen as mustard on..thompson say no.

like you , i reckon a couple of these lads would have got us very very close.

[Post edited 17 Sep 2014 15:11]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Gerry Francis Podcast. on 09:30 - Sep 18 with 805 viewsTHEBUSH

For me Gerry Francis was our best player, ever, he had everything.

The player who reminds me of Gerry's style of play today is, Fabregas, only Gerry was better
Gerry Francis Podcast. on 09:34 - Sep 18 with 792 viewsDiscodroids

Gerry Francis Podcast. on 09:30 - Sep 18 by THEBUSH

For me Gerry Francis was our best player, ever, he had everything.

The player who reminds me of Gerry's style of play today is, Fabregas, only Gerry was better

captain of england bush, says it all.

Gerry Francis Podcast. on 10:41 - Sep 18 with 747 viewsdaveB

Don Howe deserves a lot of credit for laying the foundations that Gerry took on. Howe got the best out of Ferdinand, Sinton, Bardsley and co towards the end of the season before Francis came and he then took it on further over the next few years.

His second spell and how it finished still rankles with me a bit but no doubt he is one of the greats of our club
Gerry Francis Podcast. on 10:46 - Sep 18 with 738 viewsQPRMUSO

Gerry oozed class and quality and was in my opinion the best captain we ever had, probably my favourite player in a hooped shirt.
Gerry Francis Podcast. on 10:50 - Sep 18 with 727 viewsDiscodroids

i actually felt bit choked when i heard him talking about his grandchilds passing and all the other grief he went through in such a short space of time.

he sounded it to.

my love for gerry makes essextaxi's love for harold seem as tawdry
as hugh grants for crack hag divine brown.

Login to get fewer ads

Gerry Francis Podcast. on 10:51 - Sep 18 with 726 viewssimmo

FInally got around to listening to it. Thought it was brilliant, love a bit of Gerry Francis and he still spoke so well. Obviously got a real fondness for those days at Bristol and then with us. What a hero.

Also, after listening to the statement from Car Giant read out by Chris, I agree with Dave B on the other thread. I found it cringeworthy and it shouldnt really have been allowed on the podcast. A mistake by them to allow it IMO. I know Chris Mendes might be in a difficult position but I don't think that should matter.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Gerry Francis Podcast. on 11:50 - Sep 18 with 660 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Finished listening to the it last night. Very enjoyable. Love that man.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Gerry Francis Podcast. on 08:43 - Sep 20 with 500 viewsPommyhoop

That was a great listen.
I remember waiting for autographs back in the day before a match .And got Gerry's .He looked blinding in his matchday 3 piece suit with massive flares and big 70's collar. It was Lime Green .Superb..Moments later The fella who played the 'Orrible sarge' in Get Some In ( Toney Sealy ?)went through .Got his autograph too.Boutique club decades before Briatore rocked up

Love it if Gerry came home...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Gerry Francis Podcast. on 09:00 - Sep 20 with 479 viewsCiderwithRsie

Finally got round to listening to this, what a great interview.

I really wish we had him back at Loftus Road in some coaching capacity. HIs description of what they were trying to do at Stoke was a blueprint for what we want.
Gerry Francis Podcast. on 09:06 - Sep 20 with 474 viewsCiderwithRsie

Gerry Francis Podcast. on 15:09 - Sep 17 by Discodroids

damn straight pp, he wanted bishop and rae who were both playing out of their skins at the time and would have been a superb central midfield but thompson wouldnt have it.

another was paul williams the centerback from derby who used to get his share of goals.. he went in for him a few a times , alas thompson again said no.

ged brannan the tranmere midfielder was another who slipped thru that gerry was keen as mustard on..thompson say no.

like you , i reckon a couple of these lads would have got us very very close.

[Post edited 17 Sep 2014 15:11]

Agreed.

I always thought what we really needed was a more consistent striker alongside Les, and a replacement for Stejskal. No disrespect to Tony Roberts, but no-one was going to win anything with a keeper of his fallibility; while Penrice and Allen were both good but never quite established themselves. I never quite got why Gerry couldn't combine Wegerle with Ferdinand; wish I'd thought to send that question in.
Gerry Francis Podcast. on 10:44 - Sep 20 with 394 viewsLoft1979

Gerry Francis Podcast. on 08:43 - Sep 20 by Pommyhoop

That was a great listen.
I remember waiting for autographs back in the day before a match .And got Gerry's .He looked blinding in his matchday 3 piece suit with massive flares and big 70's collar. It was Lime Green .Superb..Moments later The fella who played the 'Orrible sarge' in Get Some In ( Toney Sealy ?)went through .Got his autograph too.Boutique club decades before Briatore rocked up

Love it if Gerry came home...

Agreed.
No diss on Hoddle, but I think Francis could well add to our set up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024