Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky Sports News HQ 06:12 - Sep 18 with 3459 viewswestberksr

Is it just me, or is this pile of shite getting worse?

Social media desk! Loads of pointless Instagram and tweeting shit from players getting regurgitated by some dopey tart. Bet they won't put up the racist and homophobic stuff when some pissed up prem dick decides to share his views on life.

Would seriously love to cancel the sub's if I had a reliable source for the odd live game I want to watch. Might piggy back onto the old mans via skygo.
Sky Sports News HQ on 07:34 - Sep 18 with 3389 viewskingsburyR

Tough one this. Sky Sports news has turned to a pile of dross on such a tight loop I could recite whats about to happen within two hours.

Also

I always said will I fu(k pay for both Sky and BT Sport yet I am now missing Prem footie games, Prem league Rugby and from next year Champs League.

It's bullsh1t but whats a sports lover to do?

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Sky Sports News HQ on 08:25 - Sep 18 with 3325 viewsdoogi55

i see today they having a go at news corp and sky the sun having ago at google over illegal downloads and that they are a threat to broadcasting lol
Sky Sports News HQ on 08:45 - Sep 18 with 3293 viewsMancR

No it's not just you. It absolutely excrutiating to watch.
Sky Sports News HQ on 08:50 - Sep 18 with 3280 viewssmegma

Sky Sports News HQ on 08:45 - Sep 18 by MancR

No it's not just you. It absolutely excrutiating to watch.

Hence I cancelled my subscription two months ago. THE worse news channel there is. It has more repeats than all terrestrial channels put together YET people coat them off !!! If you watch it for two hours, you'll find there is about 15 minutes of content which is on a loop.
Sky Sports News HQ on 09:02 - Sep 18 with 3249 viewsonlyrinmoray

After watching the Sky coverage of the game at the weekend that we turned up for (. I wont say played) QPR getting 1 minutes coverage, the rest of the 30 mins fawning over the Galacticos I am sickened with Sky as well. However if I want to see QPR on the tele I need Sky. I was considering going down the pub, glad I didn't as it was embarrassing
Hopefully we will get better coverage on BT on sat as the Galacticos aren't playing
Sky Sports News HQ on 09:14 - Sep 18 with 3227 viewsMytch_QPR

Am I the only person who has given up on TV full stop?
Seriously, have not switched the thing on for about 18 months. Sadly, my wife still watches the bleeding thing so I can't chuck it away and cancel the licence.

Get my news from the radio / web, read books, listen to CDs etc.
Last time I watched Sky I became strangely subdued and contemplated living in a cave for the rest of my life. The problem is that there are so many channels and not enough 'news' - it's just nothingness padded out with flashy production to make you think it's vital and exciting - it's the same trick they've been playing with the Premier League for years.

Rant finished, feel better now. Sorry about that.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Sky Sports News HQ on 09:22 - Sep 18 with 3210 viewsTheBlob

Sky is harder to get rid of than Ebola.
The sports content is all on places like Wiziwig anyway,I've only got it because my bed ridden disabled brother needs some of the content.
F*cking £50 a month for more repeats than a Horseshit Vindaloo,it's got to go

eventually

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Sky Sports News HQ on 09:35 - Sep 18 with 3189 viewsQPR442

Sky Sports News HQ on 09:14 - Sep 18 by Mytch_QPR

Am I the only person who has given up on TV full stop?
Seriously, have not switched the thing on for about 18 months. Sadly, my wife still watches the bleeding thing so I can't chuck it away and cancel the licence.

Get my news from the radio / web, read books, listen to CDs etc.
Last time I watched Sky I became strangely subdued and contemplated living in a cave for the rest of my life. The problem is that there are so many channels and not enough 'news' - it's just nothingness padded out with flashy production to make you think it's vital and exciting - it's the same trick they've been playing with the Premier League for years.

Rant finished, feel better now. Sorry about that.

glad i'm not the only one who thinks the new format is s##te. I was going to post on it a few weeks back but decided not to.
Why change? The previous format was fine. None of them know what they are doing and keep going over to useless screens trying to impress us with cr#p. Complete waste of time and I don't watch it as much now.

Sky is beginning to P me off with the countless adverts of Africa/Starving kids/PPI/Great Ormond street/cancer/loans/insurance adverts.
I am not heartless but when I pay £70 a month and laughing watching a program then have these adverts consistently coming on putting a downer on things, its not right.
I support many charities but don't expect these ads to be shoved in my face when I want some 'Me time'. It's actually now bugging me to the point that I may turn off.
Login to get fewer ads

Sky Sports News HQ on 09:36 - Sep 18 with 3189 viewskensalriser

One question. Why watch it?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Sky Sports News HQ on 09:39 - Sep 18 with 3172 viewsNorthernr

Stopped watching that channel after deadline day. It was always ridiculous, self satisfied, smug nonsense, but it did at least have news items and goals. Now it's a mess. By the time you've had two commercial breaks, been down to the social media wall to find out what Connor Wickham thinks of it all, gone up to the other wall where it tells you what's on all the other sky sports channels (in case you're incapbale of using your remote to find out) and had all the Manchester United stuff there's about 15 seconds of anything else every half hour.
Sky Sports News HQ on 09:44 - Sep 18 with 3161 viewsDWQPR

Sky Sports News HQ on 09:36 - Sep 18 by kensalriser

One question. Why watch it?

For the odd off chance of seeing one of their reporters have a purple dildo shoved in their ear! Now that was great viewing.

On a serious note though, as one of my televisions is starting to give up the ghost, or more to the point producing lots of ghosting, I am now looking at a new TV, one of those smart TV things. Now correct me if I am wrong but through a smart TV I can connect to the internet, and if so does this also mean that I can get wiziwig on it? And if so, does that mean I can watch all of the pile of horsesh1te that SKY produce in terms of sport without having to resort to dishing out some hard earned coppers anymore? Answers on a postcard please.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Sky Sports News HQ on 09:47 - Sep 18 with 3156 viewsJamie

Have it on whilst I'm packing up our house to move. Utter shite, low point though has to be the 'social media team' telling us how much "epic Bantz" is going on in PL player twitter circles.

Must say though, after 3 months of spunk gushing all over the studio about United & Van Gaal, it's been quite spectacular to see them scrabbling around for excuses about why it's taken a month for them to win a game..
Sky Sports News HQ on 10:03 - Sep 18 with 3140 viewsdaveB

Soccer Saturday is still good, I'm sad enough to record it and watch it on a sunday morning now we're back in the prem and featured but the rest has got really bad.

the item on what people think on social media though is a highlight of my day seeing gormless presenters looking lost without an auto cue and not understanding what they are reading out
Sky Sports News HQ on 10:45 - Sep 18 with 3090 viewswestberksr

we have BT broadband so get the sport for free. as i hate pretty much all other sports apart from horse racing i may as well cancel all but the basic package (can't lose sky atlantic or sky One, the Mrs would kill me), then do teh skygo thing on my tablet using my Dad's as he watches footy 24/7 but has no computers or smartphones.

staying at his Friday night so need to sort out the login; then kick them into touch.

as a bit of an insomniac i used to often have this on in the background at all hours, but the 2 minutes of goals & highlights follwed by 58 minutes of shit are just beyond a joke; i'd rather watch the shopping channels!
Sky Sports News HQ on 10:54 - Sep 18 with 3070 viewssimmo

It's a non stop cnt-a-thon and it's getting worse. Even after the world nearly blew with the hyperbole and exaggerated nonsense of transfer deadline day, they are STILL pumping out transfer stories to tempt you to bet using the Sky Bet club service. I can't remember the last time I switched it on and not found Man United as the top story. The medias obsession with them is fckin nauseating.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Sky Sports News HQ on 10:55 - Sep 18 with 3067 viewspaulparker

Sky Sports News HQ on 10:03 - Sep 18 by daveB

Soccer Saturday is still good, I'm sad enough to record it and watch it on a sunday morning now we're back in the prem and featured but the rest has got really bad.

the item on what people think on social media though is a highlight of my day seeing gormless presenters looking lost without an auto cue and not understanding what they are reading out

even soccer Saturday is going down the sh*tter ,
I cant stand hearing Charlie Nicholas scream "CHANCE", "GOAALLLLL" like a p*ssed up Scotsman every 2 minutes
oh for the days of dickie davies & his pringle jumper
BTW does anyone remember a programme in the late eighties called KYTV it was a spoof on satellite telly ??
after watching the car crash that was transfer deadline day I would say that , KYTV were 25 years a head of their time

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sky Sports News HQ on 11:29 - Sep 18 with 3014 viewsdaveB

Sky Sports News HQ on 10:55 - Sep 18 by paulparker

I cant stand hearing Charlie Nicholas scream "CHANCE", "GOAALLLLL" like a p*ssed up Scotsman every 2 minutes
BTW does anyone remember a programme in the late eighties called KYTV it was a spoof on satellite telly ??
after watching the car crash that was transfer deadline day I would say that , KYTV were 25 years a head of their time

I don't bother with that bit just watch the build up as the previews of games are usually quite interesting.

I used to love KYTV, well ahead of it's time.
Sky Sports News HQ on 11:31 - Sep 18 with 3008 viewsAlbRanger

Sky Sports News HQ on 10:55 - Sep 18 by paulparker

Charlie Nicholas may need a work permit this weekend so your problems may be over
Sky Sports News HQ on 11:41 - Sep 18 with 2996 viewsTopCat34

Sky Sports coverage always reminds me a bit of this:

Sky Sports News HQ on 11:52 - Sep 18 with 2975 viewsTonto

it is getting worse. the twitter/instagram/facebook "updates" are journalism of the lowest order.

I get that filling an hour with sports news is difficult, but its amazing how they manage to spend half of that on man Utd, 5 mins on everything else, and still manage to squeeze in the utter drivel.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Sky Sports News HQ on 16:44 - Sep 18 with 2821 viewssmegma

Sky Sports News HQ on 09:02 - Sep 18 by onlyrinmoray

After watching the Sky coverage of the game at the weekend that we turned up for (. I wont say played) QPR getting 1 minutes coverage, the rest of the 30 mins fawning over the Galacticos I am sickened with Sky as well. However if I want to see QPR on the tele I need Sky. I was considering going down the pub, glad I didn't as it was embarrassing
Hopefully we will get better coverage on BT on sat as the Galacticos aren't playing

Match Of The Day is 50 years old this year.
Sky Sports News HQ on 19:35 - Sep 18 with 2714 viewsBeauRanger

got rid of Sky, some good content but a lot of rubbish as well & odious organisation, must say don't miss it....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024