Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dodgy start, Mark Hughes in situ, but optimism reigns in Stoke - interview 23:19 - Sep 18 with 783 viewsNorthernr

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/36246
Dodgy start, Mark Hughes in situ, but optimism reigns in Stoke - interview on 11:51 - Sep 19 with 703 viewsFredManRave

That's really quite tough to read. Two Stoke fans lauding Hughes. Attractive football, sensible and not expensive buying of players, hope for the future etc etc.

Stating the obvious it just went so f'in wrong with us but it's looking like a one off.

His record at other clubs really isn't that bad at all, and then we had to go and let him buy anything that moved with a champions league winners medal around its neck. And then he royally fcuked us up and now to twist the knife he's got Stoke playing attractive football!!

The pain!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Dodgy start, Mark Hughes in situ, but optimism reigns in Stoke - interview on 12:52 - Sep 19 with 668 viewsjonno

Hmmm. Lost at home to Villa and Leicester, and by all accounts a very lucky fluke result at City. Early days but we have been shocking in both away games and they are only a point above us, and but for the fluke result at City they would be in the bottom three. Not sure I would be quite so confident as those supporters seem to be at the moment.
Dodgy start, Mark Hughes in situ, but optimism reigns in Stoke - interview on 13:28 - Sep 19 with 625 viewsEalingHoop81

I think the main issue is with his ability to man manage and spend cash.

His record at Wales, Blackburn, Stoke last year and with Fulham to some extent is pretty good, all built on a stable platform of decent players, funding good, well scouted players and improving the sides gradually.

However, as at Man City and us he has shown a complete inability to spend cash wisely, to build an actual squad with the money spent or to motivate the team accordingly.

I thought he'd do okay last year - why - a settled squad, solid at the back and in need of a bit of freshening up. He will 'earn' his money in the next few months if it doesn't go as well as last year and he's under pressure again. At that stage he is completely clueless on what to do, just like at Man City, with us and at Fulham until Danny Murphy told him how they play at Fulham at Christmas and they turned it around.
Dodgy start, Mark Hughes in situ, but optimism reigns in Stoke - interview on 15:25 - Sep 19 with 569 viewsDejR_vu

Dodgy start, Mark Hughes in situ, but optimism reigns in Stoke - interview on 13:28 - Sep 19 by EalingHoop81

I think the main issue is with his ability to man manage and spend cash.

His record at Wales, Blackburn, Stoke last year and with Fulham to some extent is pretty good, all built on a stable platform of decent players, funding good, well scouted players and improving the sides gradually.

However, as at Man City and us he has shown a complete inability to spend cash wisely, to build an actual squad with the money spent or to motivate the team accordingly.

I thought he'd do okay last year - why - a settled squad, solid at the back and in need of a bit of freshening up. He will 'earn' his money in the next few months if it doesn't go as well as last year and he's under pressure again. At that stage he is completely clueless on what to do, just like at Man City, with us and at Fulham until Danny Murphy told him how they play at Fulham at Christmas and they turned it around.

Agree.He's been benefitting from all the work Tony Pulis had done over the years. As one of the Stoke fans said, it had gone a bit stale towards the end of the Pulis era. The change has just freshened things up a bit, nothing to do with Hughes and his managerial ability in my opinion. I think Stoke will start to go downhill and he won't have a clue how to sort it out. Give him money to spend and he's dangerous.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Dodgy start, Mark Hughes in situ, but optimism reigns in Stoke - interview on 15:28 - Sep 19 with 567 viewsdaveB

still using the old my training methods mean it's ok to be crap for the first half of the season routine.
Dodgy start, Mark Hughes in situ, but optimism reigns in Stoke - interview on 15:39 - Sep 19 with 556 viewskropotkin41

I won't be able to watch tomorrow.............. just going to devote the day to a long and bloody sacrifice to the Old Gods to ensure that we win.......... if that fails I don't know what I'll do.......

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Dodgy start, Mark Hughes in situ, but optimism reigns in Stoke - interview on 16:00 - Sep 19 with 540 viewsnedflanders

Dodgy start, Mark Hughes in situ, but optimism reigns in Stoke - interview on 12:52 - Sep 19 by jonno

Hmmm. Lost at home to Villa and Leicester, and by all accounts a very lucky fluke result at City. Early days but we have been shocking in both away games and they are only a point above us, and but for the fluke result at City they would be in the bottom three. Not sure I would be quite so confident as those supporters seem to be at the moment.

seems a bit like trying to convince yourself. They were solid defensively against City, nothing particularly lucky, and they dominated against Leicester before being sucker punched. I wish we dominated games and lost instead of rolling over all the time. A lot of fans want to blame Hughes for QPR's demise but he was just a kid in a sweet shop given too much candy. Is it any surprise that without his 'sidekicks' sucking at the teat of chairman kindness and put in a position where the chairman holds a tight reign over the spending that he is proving much more successful? Fans need to look a lot deeper than Mr Hughes for QPR's past and current problems.

Mind you, Regardless of his fault/non-fault QPR related - he is an absolute tool of a person.
Dodgy start, Mark Hughes in situ, but optimism reigns in Stoke - interview on 16:03 - Sep 19 with 534 viewskropotkin41

Dodgy start, Mark Hughes in situ, but optimism reigns in Stoke - interview on 16:00 - Sep 19 by nedflanders

seems a bit like trying to convince yourself. They were solid defensively against City, nothing particularly lucky, and they dominated against Leicester before being sucker punched. I wish we dominated games and lost instead of rolling over all the time. A lot of fans want to blame Hughes for QPR's demise but he was just a kid in a sweet shop given too much candy. Is it any surprise that without his 'sidekicks' sucking at the teat of chairman kindness and put in a position where the chairman holds a tight reign over the spending that he is proving much more successful? Fans need to look a lot deeper than Mr Hughes for QPR's past and current problems.

Mind you, Regardless of his fault/non-fault QPR related - he is an absolute tool of a person.

Good balanced post......... liked the ending especially.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Login to get fewer ads

Dodgy start, Mark Hughes in situ, but optimism reigns in Stoke - interview on 16:23 - Sep 19 with 517 viewsdaveB

Dodgy start, Mark Hughes in situ, but optimism reigns in Stoke - interview on 16:00 - Sep 19 by nedflanders

no doubt our mess isn't all Hughes fault, plenty of people to blame for that but he was hopeless for us, had such an opportunity to build a football club and just created a mess
Dodgy start, Mark Hughes in situ, but optimism reigns in Stoke - interview on 16:31 - Sep 19 with 505 viewsDiscodroids

looking forward to it tmrw , my first game of the season, but feel it will be a war of attrition , i'll be happier than Lt Sulu, having an intrevenous shot of romulan ale if Mutch, Barton, Ned and Yun are in.

i'll settle for a battling point, cant afford ANY passengers in the team or crowd tmrw.

lets 'ave it.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024