Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Hughes "Not The Devil" Shock! 10:30 - Sep 20 with 3599 viewsHadders

Helmet on, I`m going to try to stick up for Mark Hughes. OK, so he wasn`t Alec Stock, Dave Sexton or Olly, and I`m not suggesting we name a stand in his honour. He made several bad mistakes during his short spell with us, but I don`t think he was as nearly as terrible as others make out.

The plain facts are that Hughes kept us up in his first season, and Harry took us down the following year. The string of amazing, unlikely-looking wins at home at the end of 2011-12 (against Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs as well as Stoke) were wonderful to watch and kept us up, admittedly by the skin of our teeth. Against City on the final day, we also played our part by holding City at bay for so long in the most famous game of the Premier League era. The fact is, in his first half(ish) season, Hughes kept us up, just, and may have done so again in the next season if he had not been sacked in November. Based on evidence, if I had to choose a manager to set us up to play against a top-five team, I`d certainly pick Hughes before Harry. Obviously people remember the winless opening to 2012-13 that did for him, but a closer look at those results shows that the start was in some ways less alarming than this season. After the traditional opening day humiliation, results included draws with Chelsea, Everton, Norwich and Reading, and we only lost by a single goal at Arsenal and Spurs. In the twelve league games played before he was sacked, we scored in 8 of them. I am not going to defend all his signings, but would only remind people that they included Onouha and Wooaah Bobby, and did not include paying 12 million for Samba (that was Redknapp).

Hughes is a difficult person to warm to and comes across as arrogant, but evidence from other clubs shows he far from being the worst manager around, and I`m not sure there is any evidence to suggest that he deliberately tried to do anything damaging to our club. If there was a bad atmosphere in the squad, I am not sure that that was entirely his doing, either- you could just as well look to Barton (with his huge salary and terrible form at the time) and Taarabt, for example- both Warnock signings. Finally, (Hughes` signing) Bosingwa is seen as emblematic of what was wrong in that period, but getting an international player (who had just won a Champions League medal) on a free transfer probably looked like a good deal at the time.

He is an odd bloke, and some people seem to dislike him even more because he`s Welsh, which is tiny bit racist. But the chap who sent us out to beat Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs in quick succession just two years ago won`t be getting any abuse from me today.

[Post edited 20 Sep 2014 11:20]
Mark Hughes "Not The Devil" Shock! on 10:34 - Sep 20 with 2520 viewsTheBlob

Really?It's like saying that although he f*cked me in the arse he was actually kind to animals and old folk.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Mark Hughes "Not The Devil" Shock! on 10:36 - Sep 20 with 2509 viewsClive_Anderson

Nice try Mark.
Mark Hughes "Not The Devil" Shock! on 10:38 - Sep 20 with 2502 viewsPommyhoop

Mr Hughes killed it for me when he sold Heider and got Andy Johnson in his place.
#worstevertransferbuisiness.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Mark Hughes on 10:42 - Sep 20 with 2485 viewsPommyhoop

Although I will add H in my eyes is about 0.0002% behind Hughes as a shite manager .Many times Ive stated on here that H's only saving grace is he followed an even bigger clueless c'nt into our club than he is...

Mark Hughes "Not The Devil" Shock! on 10:43 - Sep 20 with 2481 viewsJamie

Of course it wasn't all Hughes' fault, the board are equally culpable. Doesn't mean he didn't do a bloody terrible job though.
Mark Hughes "Not The Devil" Shock! on 10:54 - Sep 20 with 2460 viewsTacticalR

I think this all revolves around how you interpret that series of victories at the end of Hughes' first season. Was beating Liverpool after having been 2-0 down with 13 minutes to go all part of Hughes' master plan? The longer his second season went on, the more players he brought in, the more it became apparent that Hughes didn't have a clue and that the end of his first season was a fluke.

The lesson seems to be that the more influence Hughes has, the more incompetent he shows himself to be.

Air hostess clique

Mark Hughes "Not The Devil" Shock! on 11:06 - Sep 20 with 2430 viewsCHUBBS

For every positive there are a dozen negatives.
You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong,the self serving c@nt made a complete mess of our club because he came in with the arrogant approach that we were just a stepping stone to better things.
He's a horrid individual who thought it beneaf him to congratulate TF on our promotion after all the backing he gave him during his tunure at the club.
I don't normally boo but am enroute to this one with a focused objective to abuse the worst manager we've ever had.
Mark Hughes "Not The Devil" Shock! on 11:15 - Sep 20 with 2409 viewssmegma

At 12.45 I will be concentrating on our team and really couldn't give a flying one who is managing the other team.
Login to get fewer ads

Mark Hughes "Not The Devil" Shock! on 11:23 - Sep 20 with 2381 viewsTacticalR

Just in case anyone has forgotten, here are the full details of the Mark Hughes offering:
------------------------------------------------------
Hughes is a Manchester United legend who offers the complete bespoke management package to up and coming football clubs (and remember you don't interview him, he interviews you). Once Hughes has decided that the club matches his ambitions, the lucky club owner can choose from a range of options:

1) Guaranteed enthusiasm and experience from Champions League-winning players at a modest price
2) Kia's black book full of exciting players from the top clubs in Europe
3) The cream of Manchester City's youth team from 2004-05
4) Revolutionary tactics using the recently discovered 4-4-2 formation
5) Multiple cover in the goalkeeping position
6) Passionate players that are not afraid to show their commitment by getting sent off
7) Mike Rigg's laptop with an encrypted 120 page Word document containing the fourty-year plan
------------------------------------------------------

Air hostess clique

Mark Hughes "Not The Devil" Shock! on 12:26 - Sep 20 with 2322 viewsBluce_Ree

I semi-agreed with Hadders but Hughes is still a bit of a c*nt.

That run of home wins was pretty legendary though. A side under Harry would have lost all of them and the Man City game would have been a 4-0 defeat.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Mark Hughes "Not The Devil" Shock! on 12:28 - Sep 20 with 2316 viewsPommyhoop

Mark Hughes "Not The Devil" Shock! on 12:26 - Sep 20 by Bluce_Ree

I semi-agreed with Hadders but Hughes is still a bit of a c*nt.

That run of home wins was pretty legendary though. A side under Harry would have lost all of them and the Man City game would have been a 4-0 defeat.

Bang on .

Mark Hughes on 12:41 - Sep 20 with 2296 viewsBeauRanger

Mark Hughes "Not The Devil" Shock! on 11:15 - Sep 20 by smegma

At 12.45 I will be concentrating on our team and really couldn't give a flying one who is managing the other team.

Quite right..we need the points & that is the priority
Mark Hughes "Not The Devil" Shock! on 21:13 - Sep 20 with 2229 viewsPommyhoop

Mark Hughes "Not The Devil" Shock! on 10:38 - Sep 20 by Pommyhoop

Mr Hughes killed it for me when he sold Heider and got Andy Johnson in his place.
#worstevertransferbuisiness.

After a rethink , Harry has surpassed the HH for AJ fiasco with his signing of Rio coupled with the freezing out and inevitable selling of Ned in January.
#unf'ckingbelievable

Mark Hughes "Not The Devil" Shock! on 21:26 - Sep 20 with 2193 viewsLblock

How's about bollox?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Mark Hughes "Not The Devil" Shock! on 21:29 - Sep 20 with 2185 viewsJuzzie

What was it? 15 games without a win from the start of the season for Hughes.
Mark Hughes "Not The Devil" Shock! on 21:56 - Sep 20 with 2154 viewsShotKneesHoop

Mark Hughes "Not The Devil" Shock! on 21:29 - Sep 20 by Juzzie

What was it? 15 games without a win from the start of the season for Hughes.

Warnock's second game was a win at Everton, and people moaned about that because it was "lucky"

'Arry needs to win at least 1 more out of the next 10 or else he'll make Hughes look like Alf Ramsey.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Mark Hughes on 23:25 - Sep 20 with 2077 viewsscot1963

anyone else notice during Hughes post match interview on MOTD as he spouted the usual bollox - on the balance of play Stoke deserved more than the one point, Stoke created chance after chance - the stats rolled through underneath showing 21 shots with 5 on target for us and 8 shots with 4 on target for them
[Post edited 20 Sep 2014 23:26]
Mark Hughes on 00:01 - Sep 21 with 2030 viewshoopstilidie

Mark Hughes on 23:25 - Sep 20 by scot1963

anyone else notice during Hughes post match interview on MOTD as he spouted the usual bollox - on the balance of play Stoke deserved more than the one point, Stoke created chance after chance - the stats rolled through underneath showing 21 shots with 5 on target for us and 8 shots with 4 on target for them
[Post edited 20 Sep 2014 23:26]

Meticularse as ever.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Mark Hughes "Not The Devil" Shock! on 00:08 - Sep 21 with 2018 viewsdavman

this is the most ridiculous post ever Hughesless is a waste of space and could not open the eyes p*** up in a brewery. Twunt of the highest order...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Mark Hughes "Not The Devil" Shock! on 00:12 - Sep 21 with 2014 viewsBushman

Cream rises to the top

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Mark Hughes "Not The Devil" Shock! on 00:14 - Sep 21 with 2011 viewsTacticalR

I thought I saw Hughes engage in a number of Satanic rituals and secret communications with his familiars, but I was on the other side of the ground. I'll have to have a look at the replays.

Air hostess clique

Mark Hughes on 01:44 - Sep 21 with 1954 viewsPommyhoop

Watch the Heskey vid then stay on and look who pops up.
Was an unpleasant surprise for me.
BOOOOOOOO !!!

http://www.theladbible.com/videos/can-heskey-hit-a-cow-s-arse-with-a-banjo

Mark Hughes on 10:15 - Sep 21 with 1846 viewsHadders

I`m only going to express my less controversial opinions from now on, like that Harold Shipman was actually a good doctor, and Islamic State are misunderstood.
Mark Hughes "Not The Devil" Shock! on 11:09 - Sep 21 with 1809 viewsloftboy

Mark Hughes "Not The Devil" Shock! on 00:08 - Sep 21 by davman

this is the most ridiculous post ever Hughesless is a waste of space and could not open the eyes p*** up in a brewery. Twunt of the highest order...

Exactly

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Mark Hughes "Not The Devil" Shock! on 11:16 - Sep 21 with 1802 viewsmakaveli1882

Winning against Arsenal Spurs Stoke and Liverpool was some of our greatest moments in our premier league history

But to be fair I remember everyone going mad on hear when we signed Granero and Bosingwa....na

However he is caant no bigger that one we got right now though
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024