Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Niko 14:45 - Sep 20 with 4611 viewsTheBlob

Best player on the pitch.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Niko on 16:36 - Sep 20 with 1098 viewsted_hendrix

Niko on 15:09 - Sep 20 by OnlyHereForTheNiko

Hmmmm.... a distinct absence of certain posters in this thread!

I wonder why?

Well I've just got back from LR, I thought he was our best player some of his passing was excellent, a few passes missed their mark as will happen for a lot of players.
Superb free kick too, he's lost weight that's for sure but he doesn't look 100% fit maybe that will come with game time.
I thought he took a hell of a beating from some of the Stoke players which thankfully he didn't respond too.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Niko on 16:46 - Sep 20 with 1071 viewsEalingRanger

Dragged us to that point today and Stoke threw everything at him. Top performance.
Niko on 16:52 - Sep 20 with 1058 viewsmacclesfieldman

I'm better than Fer on current form!

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

Niko on 17:11 - Sep 20 with 1026 viewsRanger78

Definitely the best player today. No question in my opinion
Niko on 17:25 - Sep 20 with 998 viewskropotkin41

We saw how a motivated Niko can play for us in the Play Off final until he was injured. I reckon he could be great for us if he stays uninjured. Harry's remarks about him taking a pay cut to come to us were interesting............ maybe he'll bring some passion to our less passionate individuals too.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Niko on 17:26 - Sep 20 with 995 viewsbosh67

I thought Niko for us and Crouch for Stoke were by far the best players on the pitch. Niko actually looks fit and couldn't have hit a better free kick. Top performance from him, thankfully because he was our only threat today.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Niko on 17:27 - Sep 20 with 993 viewsDiscodroids

I wonder why?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......perhaps because we were at the game and havent mastered the art of time travel akin a spice guild navigator, dont mop up yer niagra falls with a bar towel just yet glenn close, he owed us a game today for the faith harold and others on here have shown in him over an extensive period.

im looking at you essex taxi !!!!!...

the dandy was class today,

isla on the other hand looked like the bastard love shild of christer warren and paul bruce.

shocking.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Niko on 17:27 - Sep 20 with 989 viewsBlackCrowe

Niko on 16:08 - Sep 20 by eghamranger

Never known a player take such a battering in the second half, shawcross, sidwell and someone other stole twunt, but he stepped up, great free lick and motm!

Indeed - Hughes obviously gave instruction to knobbly - it was pure aggressive targeting - utter justice was done. Best player on the pitch from start to finish. Apart from Moses who looked excellent too.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Login to get fewer ads

Niko on 17:34 - Sep 20 with 965 viewsAntti_Heinola

I believed and still believe that Niko was a bad signing. Thought he was profoundly disappointing last season and couldn't understand how he might be better in this league.

BUT, despite what OHFTN says, I'm not too proud to come on here and say he had a decent game today, topped with a lovely free kick, which I'll get to in a sec.

He does look fitter, and what he is good at is keeping possession and good at finding and making space with a bit of skill. Today, for me he was a solid 6.5, possibly a 7 with the goal.

The negative side was that he takes far, far too long to move the ball. That was the problem at United last week too. Attacks slow down when they get to him, they don't speed up. As usual, he tried to play his 40 yard crossfield balls that almost always get cut out, which is incredibly frustrating. They're so telegraphed and so easy to defend.

Also, Harry's weekly selection brainstorm meant he went 4-4-2 with two 'wide' players who don't play very wide in Niko and, bizarrely, Mutch. Luckily for Arry, Barton's injury meant Phillips coming on, and I thought he had a really good game, and was probably our most dangerous player.

Really great free kick though. Either we were ready for Fer to take it, or the fake-out was enough to fool Begovic because the second he took two steps to his right, Niko stuck it in the top left. Brilliant vision, perfectly executed.

Best player on the pitch, though? If that's true, which it isn't, that only serves to show what a real lack of quality was on show today from both sides. Stoke will be kicking themselves, because for a long period we were there to be taken.

Bare bones.

Niko on 17:37 - Sep 20 with 957 viewsyankranger

I was one of the people that wasn't too excited when we re-signed him. I wasn't that impressed with him last season. I was forced to eat my words today.

It appears though that he's lost a lot of weight heading into this year. Seems much sharper overall.

He was by far our best player today. He was obviously targeted with some harsh fouls in the 2nd half. Him stepping up and burying that free kick was just perfect.

Very happy for him. Hope he keeps this up.
Niko on 18:29 - Sep 20 with 910 viewsTheBlob

Niko on 17:34 - Sep 20 by Antti_Heinola

I believed and still believe that Niko was a bad signing. Thought he was profoundly disappointing last season and couldn't understand how he might be better in this league.

BUT, despite what OHFTN says, I'm not too proud to come on here and say he had a decent game today, topped with a lovely free kick, which I'll get to in a sec.

He does look fitter, and what he is good at is keeping possession and good at finding and making space with a bit of skill. Today, for me he was a solid 6.5, possibly a 7 with the goal.

The negative side was that he takes far, far too long to move the ball. That was the problem at United last week too. Attacks slow down when they get to him, they don't speed up. As usual, he tried to play his 40 yard crossfield balls that almost always get cut out, which is incredibly frustrating. They're so telegraphed and so easy to defend.

Also, Harry's weekly selection brainstorm meant he went 4-4-2 with two 'wide' players who don't play very wide in Niko and, bizarrely, Mutch. Luckily for Arry, Barton's injury meant Phillips coming on, and I thought he had a really good game, and was probably our most dangerous player.

Really great free kick though. Either we were ready for Fer to take it, or the fake-out was enough to fool Begovic because the second he took two steps to his right, Niko stuck it in the top left. Brilliant vision, perfectly executed.

Best player on the pitch, though? If that's true, which it isn't, that only serves to show what a real lack of quality was on show today from both sides. Stoke will be kicking themselves, because for a long period we were there to be taken.

EVERYTHING was telegraphed and slow to move today so why single him out?He was the best of a bad bunch so praise is comparative but nevertheless relevant.You can't continually take things out of context to make an assessment.

Niko on 18:33 - Sep 20 with 900 viewsAntti_Heinola

Niko on 18:29 - Sep 20 by TheBlob

EVERYTHING was telegraphed and slow to move today so why single him out?He was the best of a bad bunch so praise is comparative but nevertheless relevant.You can't continually take things out of context to make an assessment.

Eh? I came on here, praised him, pointed out the positives and noted a few weaknesses. It was a balanced view on his performance Blobster! I singled him out for being slow to move the ball (which is his trait, today or any other day) because it's a thread about Niko in particular. Isla, Mutch and rio at times were also culpable of that problem it's true. Not singling him out as he was the only one with that problem, just making a point about his performance.
Are you sure you weren't that postman you mentioned? You seem awfully concerned about everything I say sometimes ;)

Bare bones.

Niko on 18:37 - Sep 20 with 890 viewsTheBlob

Niko on 18:33 - Sep 20 by Antti_Heinola

Eh? I came on here, praised him, pointed out the positives and noted a few weaknesses. It was a balanced view on his performance Blobster! I singled him out for being slow to move the ball (which is his trait, today or any other day) because it's a thread about Niko in particular. Isla, Mutch and rio at times were also culpable of that problem it's true. Not singling him out as he was the only one with that problem, just making a point about his performance.
Are you sure you weren't that postman you mentioned? You seem awfully concerned about everything I say sometimes ;)

I'm only singling you out for the daftness and delusional elements of your posts.I was actually the tv repairman if you recall,Maidstone was rich pickings in them days.

Niko on 18:40 - Sep 20 with 882 viewsingeminate

Niko on 18:37 - Sep 20 by TheBlob

I'm only singling you out for the daftness and delusional elements of your posts.I was actually the tv repairman if you recall,Maidstone was rich pickings in them days.

Comfortably our best player today albeit with hopelessly limited competition.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Niko on 18:54 - Sep 20 with 855 viewsMarc

I wonder why?

Perhaps not everyone had logged on in the twenty or so minutes the thread had been up?
Niko on 18:55 - Sep 20 with 841 viewsAntti_Heinola

Niko on 18:37 - Sep 20 by TheBlob

i only lived in maidstone for a couple of years in my early teens, so it must have been some other bird, blob ;)

Bare bones.

Niko on 19:00 - Sep 20 with 836 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Niko on 15:11 - Sep 20 by toboboly

Thought he was pretty poor until the free kick. Poor passing, crossing and tackling and shooting. That said he was better than Fer who seems to disappear once the opening whistle is blown.

You are joking?
Motm even before the free kick.
Niko on 19:02 - Sep 20 with 830 viewsMarc

That challenge from shawcross was brutal as well, surprised niko got up after.

Looked bad on the tv?
Niko on 19:10 - Sep 20 with 821 viewsenfieldargh

THe guy has lost wieght and turneed his back of big Ukrainian( Ruobles,Lire Francs, Baht)money to come to play for us.

He gave 100% today as did most of the guys but his passing range was far higher than anyone elses and rescued a point for us.

MoM by far 8/10

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Niko on 19:20 - Sep 20 with 809 viewsPommyhoop

Great goal and he was definately fitter and up for it but I still fail to see why H or anyone adores him so much. Give me Adel any day of the week

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Niko on 19:23 - Sep 20 with 801 viewsessextaxiboy

Niko on 17:27 - Sep 20 by Discodroids

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......perhaps because we were at the game and havent mastered the art of time travel akin a spice guild navigator, dont mop up yer niagra falls with a bar towel just yet glenn close, he owed us a game today for the faith harold and others on here have shown in him over an extensive period.

im looking at you essex taxi !!!!!...

the dandy was class today,

isla on the other hand looked like the bastard love shild of christer warren and paul bruce.

shocking.

Note the time of my post on this thread . Composed and sent a matter of inches from your goodself ... never off duty ..thats me
Niko on 19:25 - Sep 20 with 791 viewsDiscodroids

Niko on 19:23 - Sep 20 by essextaxiboy

Note the time of my post on this thread . Composed and sent a matter of inches from your goodself ... never off duty ..thats me

blimey i thought you were eyeing up that bird opp you on the train you crafty devil!

good stuff mate.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Niko on 20:05 - Sep 20 with 751 viewsqprewan

I wonder why?

I was not particularly happy when we resigned him but today said at half time that he was our best player and was delighted for him and us by his quality free kick; just glad that greedy joey wasn't on the pitch cos I doubt that he would have let him take it!

by the way what did he say in the post match interview?
Niko on 20:15 - Sep 20 with 728 viewsmichael67

Niko with MOTM Crouchy

A bit of respect for Niko from Crouch. Like it.

Poll: Do you enjoy NorthermRs presser posts, and wish to see them every week?

Niko on 20:22 - Sep 20 with 711 viewsBrightonhoop

Have to say he's been quite the revelation. He could have had us at 4-2 with the two very near goals which no way was there keeper going to stop. And he's lost a staggering amount of weight. Takes time to adjust to for full fitness so he's only going to get better.
And his attitude in interview was great, no triumph, still questioning the football we are playing and clear about the quality demands in this division.
Really impressed with him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024