Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time to drop Rio 14:46 - Sep 20 with 6759 viewsHooparoo

Got several texts from mates watching the game saying "What the hell is Rio doing?"

Too slow so bye bye Rio.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Time to drop Rio on 20:08 - Sep 20 with 1589 viewsDiscodroids

Time to drop Rio on 19:55 - Sep 20 by ingeminate

Rio was poor and he is getting punished hard for mistakes - his positional play is based on having the extra yard of pace, he no longer has. He still has quality the key is evolving, getting tighter and slightly going back to basics.

I remain underwhelmed by caulker as well, poor positionaly not great on the ball doesn't seem to read the game. But a real threat going forward from set pieces - can be no doubt about that.

On a defensive rant Isla, sweet Jesus Moses took him apart today, like Jonah lomu and underwood, proper man against boy.

When traore is your best defender.......

superb analysis ingemianate.

the underwood lomu comparrison was excellent

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Time to drop Rio on 20:11 - Sep 20 with 1578 viewsPommyhoop

Time to drop Rio on 20:08 - Sep 20 by Discodroids

superb analysis ingemianate.

the underwood lomu comparrison was excellent

Indeed.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Time to drop Rio on 20:13 - Sep 20 with 1575 viewsstevec

Time to drop Rio on 19:19 - Sep 20 by loftboy

If Isla hadn't have tried a stupid back heel instead of putting the ball into row Z then Ferdinand wouldn't have been put in that position.

Both goals the fault of Isla. First goal he should have easily cut out cross field pass and then gave their winger far too much space to pick out Crouch. In every game he fails to close down and must be a nightmare for his centre halfs. Selling Simpson is looking a big mistake.
Time to drop Rio on 20:34 - Sep 20 with 1538 viewsjohnhoop

What makes it even more ridiculous about Isla is that he was piss poor going forward as well-if he was the second coming of Kyle Walker streaking down the wing it might compensate just a little for the fact that he can't defend, But he offered nothing in the second half in front of the Ellerslie when you could see it close up.
Time to drop Rio on 02:15 - Sep 21 with 1416 viewsNorthernr

Ferdinand a million miles off the pace, in classic Bosingwa early retirement/don't give a fck mode.

But he must stay in. Because in the unlikely event Redknapp drops him, Dunne is first on line.

Nedum who? Probably flog him to Leicester as well given the chance.
Time to drop Rio on 07:15 - Sep 21 with 1346 viewstimcocking

Time to drop Rio on 20:34 - Sep 20 by johnhoop

What makes it even more ridiculous about Isla is that he was piss poor going forward as well-if he was the second coming of Kyle Walker streaking down the wing it might compensate just a little for the fact that he can't defend, But he offered nothing in the second half in front of the Ellerslie when you could see it close up.

Isla is not a right back don't forget. He's playing in a new league out of position with a slow midfield offering bugger all protection. We don't have a right back. Or a left back.
Time to drop Rio on 08:33 - Sep 21 with 1310 viewsDiscodroids

we made 'crouchie' look like ibrahimovic, yesterday..though he should have buried that chance in the first half when he had to dig the shot out of his legs a little.

as for traore i thought he had a poor first half,but then produced his trademark franz klammer on acid slalom run to the heart of stokes defence , before falling over as if jack ruby had him in his cross hairs..were in big trouble at the back gents.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2014 8:37]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Time to drop Rio on 08:41 - Sep 21 with 1303 viewsRanger78

Time to drop Rio on 16:32 - Sep 20 by qprant

again...

Spot on. It's been a mystery since day one why Ned has been dropped. Personally, I still don't get why Simpson went?? Isla had been no better than Rio in my opinion.

The problem is Redknapp is our manager...... There is more chance of a sky full of flying pigs than Rio being dropped
Login to get fewer ads

Time to drop Rio on 10:09 - Sep 22 with 1204 viewsPhildo

We are stuck with him:

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-wls-redknapp-tells-qpr-fans-to-be-pa
Time to drop Rio on 10:22 - Sep 22 with 1188 viewsPommyhoop

Time to drop Rio on 10:09 - Sep 22 by Phildo

We are stuck with him:

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-wls-redknapp-tells-qpr-fans-to-be-pa

Pity he has forgotten how to run and jump H,you p1ss taking c'nt.
Franz Beckenbauer? ,F'ck Off !!

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Time to drop Rio on 10:44 - Sep 22 with 1166 viewsWeaverQPR

Anton in disguise

@WeavQPR

Time to drop Rio on 10:49 - Sep 22 with 1158 viewsdaveB

He was poor on Saturday but he's looked pretty good in the other games I've seen
Time to drop Rio on 11:03 - Sep 22 with 1139 viewsparker64

Might get away with a 35 year old in the championship or a strong Premiership side. Don't think you'll get away with it in a struggling Premiership side.
Time to drop Rio on 11:09 - Sep 22 with 1128 viewssimmo

Time to drop Rio on 10:49 - Sep 22 by daveB

He was poor on Saturday but he's looked pretty good in the other games I've seen

The only good game he's had was playing as sweeper as part of a 3 man CB formation against Hull, and even then it was his fault they scored from the corner. That day Dunne looked the liability. Since then he's been poor and almost directly at fault for at least 3 goals that I can recall.

Poor Caulker on Saturday was inbetween a past it, off the pace Rio and a non defensive full bak in Isla. Add an attacking midfielder playing at LB and there's no wonder we're shipping goals.

Rio was outpaced by Crouch at one point. I'd have subbed him there and then.

Harry won't do it because he's a cnt but Nedum and Caulker should be the first choice CB partnership this season, and potentially every season there after for the next few years.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2014 11:14]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Time to drop Rio on 11:10 - Sep 22 with 1123 viewsadhoc_qpr

Time to drop Rio on 08:41 - Sep 21 by Ranger78

Spot on. It's been a mystery since day one why Ned has been dropped. Personally, I still don't get why Simpson went?? Isla had been no better than Rio in my opinion.

The problem is Redknapp is our manager...... There is more chance of a sky full of flying pigs than Rio being dropped

This.

Ferdinand has been directly responsible for 5 goals that i can remember, typically by losing his man (Man Utd away being the most comical).

But we all know Rio won't get dropped and even if he does we'll probably get Richard Dunne instead rather than Onouha.
Time to drop Rio on 11:12 - Sep 22 with 1117 viewssimmo

Time to drop Rio on 10:09 - Sep 22 by Phildo

We are stuck with him:

What the FCK has his distruibution got to do with the fact he can't defend set pieces or mark a man? Why is it remotely relevant how much he likes to pass to a midfielder if he spends the rest of the time 3 yards behind the rest of his defensive line?

Maybe he will explain himself during his next TV appearance or newspaper feature.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Time to drop Rio on 11:14 - Sep 22 with 1111 viewsdaveB

Time to drop Rio on 11:09 - Sep 22 by simmo

The only good game he's had was playing as sweeper as part of a 3 man CB formation against Hull, and even then it was his fault they scored from the corner. That day Dunne looked the liability. Since then he's been poor and almost directly at fault for at least 3 goals that I can recall.

Poor Caulker on Saturday was inbetween a past it, off the pace Rio and a non defensive full bak in Isla. Add an attacking midfielder playing at LB and there's no wonder we're shipping goals.

Rio was outpaced by Crouch at one point. I'd have subbed him there and then.

Harry won't do it because he's a cnt but Nedum and Caulker should be the first choice CB partnership this season, and potentially every season there after for the next few years.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2014 11:14]

Nedum is one of those players who gets better when he's not playing although I would play him in a back 3 given the problems we have in midfield.

I thought Ferdinand played well against Sunderland and Hull and pretty poor in the other 3 games so far. I'd stick with him for now.
Time to drop Rio on 11:27 - Sep 22 with 1095 viewsJamie

Time to drop Rio on 02:15 - Sep 21 by Northernr

Ferdinand a million miles off the pace, in classic Bosingwa early retirement/don't give a fck mode.

But he must stay in. Because in the unlikely event Redknapp drops him, Dunne is first on line.

Nedum who? Probably flog him to Leicester as well given the chance.

In fairness, having spent the whole summer chasing Ferdinand, justifying the move as vital to his revolutionary 3-5-2 system, for Arry to not only ditch the 3-5-2, but Ferdinand as well would be the death knoll for him.
Time to drop Rio on 11:42 - Sep 22 with 1085 viewsPhildo

Time to drop Rio on 11:27 - Sep 22 by Jamie

In fairness, having spent the whole summer chasing Ferdinand, justifying the move as vital to his revolutionary 3-5-2 system, for Arry to not only ditch the 3-5-2, but Ferdinand as well would be the death knoll for him.

Yep he put up a big fight with the owners to sign him so is stuck with him now and probably praying he comes good.

Better get him sleeping in the oxygen tent....
Time to drop Rio on 11:45 - Sep 22 with 1073 viewsadhoc_qpr

Time to drop Rio on 11:14 - Sep 22 by daveB

Nedum is one of those players who gets better when he's not playing although I would play him in a back 3 given the problems we have in midfield.

I thought Ferdinand played well against Sunderland and Hull and pretty poor in the other 3 games so far. I'd stick with him for now.

I think that's harsh, Nedum was consistently excellent last season at centre back.

He may not be the mythical 'prem class', but with Rio and Dunne proving incredibly error prone at centre back and Isla looking a liability at right back - surely he should be seeing some game time?
Time to drop Rio on 11:50 - Sep 22 with 1062 viewswestberksr

have to say that i did laugh when Crouchy tore off down the right and looked like Wayne Fereday skinning phil neal at Anfield.

you wouldn't have believed he could even make Dunne look that slow, let alone Franz Beckenrio; would be more comical if it didn't have such serious implications for us.
Time to drop Rio on 11:51 - Sep 22 with 1060 viewspaulparker

Ned has to play against Soton , but then that would mean Arry admitting he got it wrong , the same happened last year when Hill & Dunne was being preferred to him
Ned comes in plays excellent , especially in the run up to the play offs
absolutely criminal the way he has been treated
him & caulker should be the first 2 names every week on that teamsheet

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Time to drop Rio on 12:00 - Sep 22 with 1034 viewsdaveB

Time to drop Rio on 11:45 - Sep 22 by adhoc_qpr

I think that's harsh, Nedum was consistently excellent last season at centre back.

He may not be the mythical 'prem class', but with Rio and Dunne proving incredibly error prone at centre back and Isla looking a liability at right back - surely he should be seeing some game time?

He was good last year I agree, so was Dunne but we ditched him pretty quickly as well. I'd play him in a back 3 but if we are playing a back four then I think he's back up for Caulker and Ferdinand.
Time to drop Rio on 12:07 - Sep 22 with 1027 viewsWeaverQPR

Harry has not got a scooby, the plan was get Rio play 3-5-2, there is no back up plan. Weve used 3 formations in the five games, all very desperate. Don'y worry though when HR gets the sack the super coach aka Glenn Sod All might actually get in the dug out and influence a game.

@WeavQPR

Time to drop Rio on 20:52 - Sep 22 with 947 viewsjohnhoop

Time to drop Rio on 11:50 - Sep 22 by westberksr

have to say that i did laugh when Crouchy tore off down the right and looked like Wayne Fereday skinning phil neal at Anfield.

you wouldn't have believed he could even make Dunne look that slow, let alone Franz Beckenrio; would be more comical if it didn't have such serious implications for us.

I think Duran Duran summed it up 30 years ago;

"His name is Rio and he runs as if on sand,
Oh Rio, Rio, just you count the sixty grand."
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024