Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time to drop Rio 14:46 - Sep 20 with 6793 viewsHooparoo

Got several texts from mates watching the game saying "What the hell is Rio doing?"

Too slow so bye bye Rio.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Time to drop Rio on 16:32 - Sep 20 with 1077 viewsqprant

Time to drop Rio on 15:32 - Sep 20 by Nov77

Nedum needs to start instead of rio or Isla next game.

Harry won't drop rio though, he'd have to admit he got it wrong.

again...
Time to drop Rio on 16:39 - Sep 20 with 1052 viewsNW5Hoop

At fault for the second goal because he was nowhere near his man. At one point in the first half he was outrun … by Crouch. Not just outrun, but made him look like Usain Bolt. I thought Ferdinand was an embarrassment today.
Time to drop Rio on 16:46 - Sep 20 with 1039 viewsPhildo

He is terrible and I was very pro his signing. I have been watching him closely as I had quite a row with my brother about him at the start of the season - with me defending him. I suppose he was signed as a sweeper not for a back four but all speed of thought and limb has gone I am afraid. The best thing would be for him to pick up a knock and for the chief to get a run because I fear he will not be dropped.
Time to drop Rio on 16:48 - Sep 20 with 1035 viewsQPR1882

We have let 3 goals in at HQ this year and all of them have been Rios fault.

If £20 QPR fans can see from there seats he is a liability surely a £3m manager can see that from his dugout.
Time to drop Rio on 16:48 - Sep 20 with 1034 viewsNW5Hoop

Time to drop Rio on 16:46 - Sep 20 by Phildo

He is terrible and I was very pro his signing. I have been watching him closely as I had quite a row with my brother about him at the start of the season - with me defending him. I suppose he was signed as a sweeper not for a back four but all speed of thought and limb has gone I am afraid. The best thing would be for him to pick up a knock and for the chief to get a run because I fear he will not be dropped.

I wasn't enthusiastic, but I could see the point in having him as one of three central defenders. But playing him in a pairing is absolute madness.
Time to drop Rio on 16:52 - Sep 20 with 1024 viewsAgedR

Dropping Rio does not sell merchandise in Asia

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Time to drop Rio on 16:55 - Sep 20 with 1016 viewsted_hendrix

Time to drop Rio on 16:48 - Sep 20 by QPR1882

We have let 3 goals in at HQ this year and all of them have been Rios fault.

If £20 QPR fans can see from there seats he is a liability surely a £3m manager can see that from his dugout.

A good benchmark for me is when everyone around you sat in the ground start on about a players crap performance at the same time you start thinking the same thing.
He just wasn't good enough today, for a player of his experience he should be ruling the penalty box.
How Nedum doesn't start I don't know but for me Ferdinand has been a big disappointment.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Time to drop Rio on 17:21 - Sep 20 with 981 viewsJamie

Criminal positioning for the second goal, left Crouch to try and cut it out, got nowhere near it and left Crouch a clear shot on goal.

Crouch climbed all over him for the first goal but he didn't even appeal to the ref so can't have felt too cheated over it.
Login to get fewer ads

Time to drop Rio on 17:24 - Sep 20 with 974 viewsbosh67

I just don't think Rio is fit enough to play week in week out. He can obviously play but he is so slow that he seems to take the pace out of Cauker as well. I really do think we need to play Ned and Cauker in the middle. We lack pace badly there. Mind you we weren't helped by Isla having a genuine stinker today.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Time to drop Rio on 17:34 - Sep 20 with 957 viewsDiscodroids

'Rio' ...Me and bri mcarrthy have been in full agreement from the off about this one...

come october/ nov he'll be eased out of the side and set to work ('strengthing ties' (as the PR dept will spin it) with the post code gangs of shepherds bush.

ned must be sprinkling south american love dust on harolds wife love palace, if he cant get peckhams ernest hemingway out of the team.

btw...a few shouts of 'theres only one danny simpson' knocking about as well.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2014 17:48]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Time to drop Rio on 17:35 - Sep 20 with 956 viewsAntti_Heinola

Time to drop Rio on 15:35 - Sep 20 by gobbles

I disagree totally, one of the few defenders who can actually both read a game and pass a ball.

yep, spot on gobbles.
Shame he can't defend though. Been at fault for the majority of the 11 we've conceded so far. Shocking.

Bare bones.

Time to drop Rio on 17:51 - Sep 20 with 934 viewswombat

Time to drop Rio on 16:22 - Sep 20 by jamois

I say we should play 3 at the back. That will solve everything. It's why we practised it all pre-season and sold
simpson. Right?

legs went last season , brains gone this season . at fullt for crouch header as made it simple as he liked to get the header in with didn't do what a defender is paid to do and make it hrs for crouch to get a clean header stick his arse out a sly dig in the ribs nope just stood dead straight and crouch got an easy header , second goa isla should have stuck it in row Z but how much space did rio give crouch before he tried to react , think stoke had two plyers in the box at the time so wasn't marking a run from somebody else , has to be dropped as he's costing us goals every week now

get the chief playing alongside caulker both can bring the ball out both strong , rio sorry mate but concentrate on match of the day from now on

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Time to drop Rio on 17:54 - Sep 20 with 930 viewsAntti_Heinola

I say we should play 3 at the back. That will solve everything. It's why we practised it all pre-season and sold
simpson. Right?

The decision to sell Simpson looks stupider and stupider every week.

I said we'd be back to 4-4-2 by the end of September. Arry knows no other way.

Bare bones.

Time to drop Rio on 17:57 - Sep 20 with 922 viewsDiscodroids

trouble is , were lumbered with a hefty wage to pay him hawk round his new book.

massive advertising campaign for it starting monday, according to the standard.

how fortuitous that he finds himself in london , the hub of media in the UK just in time to become the next alex haley.

couldnt see this one coming!!

you couldnt make it up.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Time to drop Rio on 18:38 - Sep 20 with 885 views1BobbyHazell

Time to drop Rio on 16:39 - Sep 20 by NW5Hoop

At fault for the second goal because he was nowhere near his man. At one point in the first half he was outrun … by Crouch. Not just outrun, but made him look like Usain Bolt. I thought Ferdinand was an embarrassment today.

Yeah I spotted that, I actually started laughing out loud!

Although there were quite a few Pro Rio's signing I think many of us were against it from the start for obvious reasons and wanted Ned to be given a proper run and a chance to grow into our centre back for the next few years. But Harold wanted an aged, injury prone ex Man U superstar for a year rather than play our best defender from the previous season. Shame.

Clearly more suited to a back 3 where he doesn't have much man to man responsibility and gets a chance to sit back and read what passes are coming like a Free Safety. Did it well against Hull but as soon as he has to do some 'real' defending, especially in the box, he looks in big trouble and is clearly very vulnerable. So obviously at fault (or at least heavily involved in) a lot of our concessions.

As we all know while Harold is still breathing Rio will never be dropped. Shame, Ned and Caulker has real potential, not least because of what a good base it would be for a pressing game.
Time to drop Rio on 19:03 - Sep 20 with 832 viewsPommyhoop

I said in the match thread I'd be keeping a close eye on Rio. He's shot, finished.He occasionally looks good mopping up and threading out a nice ball or 2 but we need a CB who can actually jump and run.At fault for both goals .Shocking.
Get Ned in H FFS.Tell a little porkie H say Rio's injured or something if you want to save face but Ned has to start...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Time to drop Rio on 19:16 - Sep 20 with 816 viewsLoft1979

simpson. Right?

Ironic? Maybe, especially since injuries mean we have more defenders and are short on offense.
Context? How would Dunne have fared vs Couch?...

I wonder if some semblance of the 5-4-1 might reassesert itself. Yes, we may have to transition slowly. But Ned and Steve plus rio as a sweeper? Then trae and isla are free to roam.

Agree we are still getting chemistry, but think the early Stke goal was abig moment. W
[Post edited 20 Sep 2014 21:07]
Time to drop Rio on 19:16 - Sep 20 with 816 viewsbaz_qpr

Promise I'm not some Rio fan, just saying how I saw it. 1st Goal to me was surely Greens ball a looping cross in the 6 yard box and that was certainly the view around me. The second goal was Isla's fault he pished around in a really dangerous area at no point did I think bloody hell Rio.

I think defensively we are struggling because we bought players for a 3 and abandoned it, but I also think that we would benefit for a far more dominant goalkeeper who will come for crosses and sweep outside his box (and that is what Rio has always had at Man U) than a great shot stopper who won't come more than two yards of his line
Time to drop Rio on 19:19 - Sep 20 with 812 viewsloftboy

Time to drop Rio on 15:38 - Sep 20 by Nov77

At fault for second too, didn't close crouch down.

If Isla hadn't have tried a stupid back heel instead of putting the ball into row Z then Ferdinand wouldn't have been put in that position.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Time to drop Rio on 19:25 - Sep 20 with 803 viewsPommyhoop

Time to drop Rio on 19:16 - Sep 20 by baz_qpr

Promise I'm not some Rio fan, just saying how I saw it. 1st Goal to me was surely Greens ball a looping cross in the 6 yard box and that was certainly the view around me. The second goal was Isla's fault he pished around in a really dangerous area at no point did I think bloody hell Rio.

I think defensively we are struggling because we bought players for a 3 and abandoned it, but I also think that we would benefit for a far more dominant goalkeeper who will come for crosses and sweep outside his box (and that is what Rio has always had at Man U) than a great shot stopper who won't come more than two yards of his line

True Baz but I think Ned ,Clint or even Dunne would've reacted quicker and covered better for that 2nd. Rio's reaction time and speed is shocking..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Time to drop Rio on 19:28 - Sep 20 with 798 viewsDoughnut

Think I mentioned when he signed, that we always get the 'old has beens'. Well I'm sticking to that view. RF should never have been signed.....and then to add insult to injury.... they get rid of Simpson.......FFS..... Our defence, once again, is 'not fit for purpose'....and it's showing every week.
Time to drop Rio on 19:46 - Sep 20 with 779 viewsqprewan

I think that if Ned who finished last season really strongly is not given a chance soon then there is a real liklihood that he will leave in January and who could blame him? yet another example of the Harry always playing his favourites routine. It is also very short termist; whatever your opinion on Rio, he is definitely not the future; whereas Ned if treated fairly has the potential to be in the heart of our defence for years.
Time to drop Rio on 19:55 - Sep 20 with 759 viewsingeminate

Time to drop Rio on 19:46 - Sep 20 by qprewan

I think that if Ned who finished last season really strongly is not given a chance soon then there is a real liklihood that he will leave in January and who could blame him? yet another example of the Harry always playing his favourites routine. It is also very short termist; whatever your opinion on Rio, he is definitely not the future; whereas Ned if treated fairly has the potential to be in the heart of our defence for years.

Rio was poor and he is getting punished hard for mistakes - his positional play is based on having the extra yard of pace, he no longer has. He still has quality the key is evolving, getting tighter and slightly going back to basics.

I remain underwhelmed by caulker as well, poor positionaly not great on the ball doesn't seem to read the game. But a real threat going forward from set pieces - can be no doubt about that.

On a defensive rant Isla, sweet Jesus Moses took him apart today, like Jonah lomu and underwood, proper man against boy.

When traore is your best defender.......

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Time to drop Rio on 19:58 - Sep 20 with 756 viewsCHUBBS

Absolutely useless again today.
Caulker is playing very well so acn understand his inclusion ahead of Nedum but Anton isn't fit to lace his boots.
Sadly he'll never be dropped because he's Rio fcukin Ferdinand.....
Time to drop Rio on 20:03 - Sep 20 with 747 viewsparker64

I would imagine Ferdinand, like Dunne will have some sort of option for a further year - though I'm sure he'd call it a day if we get relegated. Don't think you can get by being an oldie in the Premiership these days.

Worth noting that Traore wouldn't even be here if he'd decided to accept the Palace offer. What a mess the defence looks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024