Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie 15:37 - Sep 20 with 2263 viewsNov77

Thoughts? Lack of service or struggling to cope at this level?

Bobby holds the ball up better but is less likely to take a chance on the rare occasion we create one (we're 5 games in and yet to score from open play).

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Charlie on 15:46 - Sep 20 with 1568 viewsBklynRanger

I think he'll score a decent amount if it's put on a plate for him. The problem is we're nowhere near doing that.

When he's trying to create something or beat a man imo he's still in a Championship mind set if that makes sense.

What I mean is he needs to show just a wee bit more trickery in nicking it past defenders because at this level they're reading most of what he's trying to do and getting the tackles in.
Charlie on 15:47 - Sep 20 with 1567 viewsQPR_ARG

Lack of service is the main thing for me.

Our team is not very well worked and prepared. Strikers and defenders will be exposed the most due to this.
Charlie on 15:48 - Sep 20 with 1556 viewsHooparoo

Charlie always tries hard but I'm afraid he just isn't good enough at this level.

Pains me to say it.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Charlie on 15:51 - Sep 20 with 1541 viewsJAPRANGERS

good enough or not good enough at this level is academic, we ain't got anybody else.
Charlie on 15:57 - Sep 20 with 1513 viewsHollowayRanger

lack of service

lack of support

lack of own ability

no pace , and only decent control and heading

STILL BEST WE GOT MIND

truth is we are so short up front if austins goes missing we are mega screwed as the boy from chile looks about as much use as an empty toilet roll and Zamora is a 20 minute man

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Charlie on 16:07 - Sep 20 with 1472 viewsQPR_ARG

Charlie on 15:48 - Sep 20 by Hooparoo

Charlie always tries hard but I'm afraid he just isn't good enough at this level.

Pains me to say it.

How can you make such a statement so early into his Premier League career?

He won us the only match we won.

Without his goal, we would have a total of 2 points in 5 matches.

Yes, he missed a penalty. The list of world class players who have missed penalties is immense.

How many sitters has he missed?

How many half-chances?

How many times has he been given proper service?
Charlie on 16:11 - Sep 20 with 1448 viewseghamranger

Think he is finding it difficult with the step up, but it will come.
Charlie on 17:03 - Sep 20 with 1363 viewsTacticalR

I don't think he's adjusted to the fact that you haven't got that extra split second that you have in the Championship.

If he can get a couple of those thunderbolt goals under his belt I think he'll be fine.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Charlie on 17:09 - Sep 20 with 1328 viewsBrazilNutR

I'm pretty convinced that he will never get an England call up.. unless he improves his game a lot. Thats not to say he is no good.. I think with the right service he will score goals (as he has already done) and he can improve with a bit more prem experience..
Charlie on 17:11 - Sep 20 with 1324 viewstoboboly

Lack of service. We could have Costa and Suarez in this team and they wouldn't score.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Charlie on 17:12 - Sep 20 with 1317 viewsjamois

I read the other day that the highest paid player at Ajax is on £10k a week. It makes me wonder what wages Sighorrtson was asking for that we found so unacceptable? Because at the moment the lack of options is looking desperately worrying (not that i'm saying he was the answer). I like Charlie, but we're not good enough as a team to provide the service he requires. At this level he's not going to make many chances for himself, he hasn't the skills.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Charlie on 17:12 - Sep 20 with 1311 viewsbosh67

He's pretty isolated and pulled out of position all the time. Has to be players off him and actually feeding him some balls to get on the end of.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Charlie on 17:25 - Sep 20 with 1260 viewsJamie

With the service hes getting, he may as well just stand on the penalty spot all game.
Charlie on 17:26 - Sep 20 with 1266 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Looks to me like he's carrying an injury. Just enough of one to stop him playing at 10/10ths.
Charlie on 17:45 - Sep 20 with 1217 viewsAntti_Heinola

People writing Charlie off at this stage are fans who have become a product of the way the club has been operating for some time. Doesn't look quite good enough in a couple of games? Better buy a replacement, we can't be waiting around for a few games for him to adapt his game, can we?

He scored about 50 goals in 2 championship season, more possibly. He's a great finisher, can score from long range or short range and is great with his head in front of goal. The quality of crosses for him today was nothing short of diabolical.

To me, today, he was slightly lacking in belief, snatching at chances, concerned about spending too much time on the ball. But he'll adapt. When BZ first took the step up to this level from Brighton it took him time to adapt - same for almost any striker. I just hope we have the coaches to get the best out of him...

Bare bones.

Charlie on 17:48 - Sep 20 with 1201 viewsbosh67

Charlie on 17:45 - Sep 20 by Antti_Heinola

People writing Charlie off at this stage are fans who have become a product of the way the club has been operating for some time. Doesn't look quite good enough in a couple of games? Better buy a replacement, we can't be waiting around for a few games for him to adapt his game, can we?

He scored about 50 goals in 2 championship season, more possibly. He's a great finisher, can score from long range or short range and is great with his head in front of goal. The quality of crosses for him today was nothing short of diabolical.

To me, today, he was slightly lacking in belief, snatching at chances, concerned about spending too much time on the ball. But he'll adapt. When BZ first took the step up to this level from Brighton it took him time to adapt - same for almost any striker. I just hope we have the coaches to get the best out of him...

I agree. People forget it took him about 11 games to settle in here last season and this is a whole new level. He worked hard today and I think he will learn to get the ball out of his feet quicker as we go along.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Charlie on 17:53 - Sep 20 with 1190 viewshoopstar67

Totally agree. Fans writing him off after a few games is just utter ridiculous. Has had no service whatsoever. Some fans are a product of the modern age. No patience.Have a bad game and oh he is rubbish he must be dropped or we need someone new.He needs service and support for god sake!
Charlie on 17:59 - Sep 20 with 1171 viewsjamois

Bit of a rabid post. I don't see any criticism of Charlie or writing him off. Instead it's concern that the team isn't good enough to create the chances for him. Your key point is in the final sentence.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Charlie on 18:02 - Sep 20 with 1164 viewsNov77

Charlie on 17:53 - Sep 20 by hoopstar67

Totally agree. Fans writing him off after a few games is just utter ridiculous. Has had no service whatsoever. Some fans are a product of the modern age. No patience.Have a bad game and oh he is rubbish he must be dropped or we need someone new.He needs service and support for god sake!

Hysterical reaction.
Nobody's saying get rid. Just asking the question whether the reason he seems to be struggling is due to a lack of service or limitations in his own game.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Charlie on 18:10 - Sep 20 with 1134 viewsyankranger

I really respect the effort he gives but I don't think he is good enough for this level.
Charlie on 18:12 - Sep 20 with 1124 viewsEalingRanger

Charlie on 17:11 - Sep 20 by toboboly

Lack of service. We could have Costa and Suarez in this team and they wouldn't score.

If they were in the team they would both score.
Charlie on 18:23 - Sep 20 with 1084 viewshoopstar67

Charlie on 18:02 - Sep 20 by Nov77

Hysterical reaction.
Nobody's saying get rid. Just asking the question whether the reason he seems to be struggling is due to a lack of service or limitations in his own game.

Not a hysterical reaction at all. I've seen a few posts saying he is not good enough. Plus it was a general point regarding players. There has been many a player who has had a debut or who has had a bad game and the instant judgement is he is not good enough.I remember several years ago derry was coming back from injury and first few games back he was struggling and fans were saying he was past it. Proved everyone wrong.
Charlie on 18:27 - Sep 20 with 1074 viewsBluce_Ree

I don't expect him to get near double figures this season. I've said it before.

I really hope I'm wrong.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Charlie on 18:29 - Sep 20 with 1067 viewsAntti_Heinola

Charlie on 17:59 - Sep 20 by jamois

Bit of a rabid post. I don't see any criticism of Charlie or writing him off. Instead it's concern that the team isn't good enough to create the chances for him. Your key point is in the final sentence.

Rabid? There are two posts on here saying he's not good enough for this level. That's apart from ones slagging him off last week for not taking on the whole Man U defence on his own.
I don't disagree with you or the OP - you're not who I'm aiming it at. But several posters have written him off already, I'm afraid.

Bare bones.

Charlie on 18:38 - Sep 20 with 1038 viewsHollowayRanger

Charlie on 18:27 - Sep 20 by Bluce_Ree

I don't expect him to get near double figures this season. I've said it before.

I really hope I'm wrong.

you are because as long as he stays fit he's going play every game till January minimum, as we aint got no one else I think he will got a dozen goals this season

behind him thought we got no one 2nd top scorer will be whoever we sign in january

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024