Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie 15:37 - Sep 20 with 2262 viewsNov77

Thoughts? Lack of service or struggling to cope at this level?

Bobby holds the ball up better but is less likely to take a chance on the rare occasion we create one (we're 5 games in and yet to score from open play).

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Charlie on 18:39 - Sep 20 with 681 viewsbaz_qpr

I think coming away today that is my biggest worry. I love Austin but I am a bit scared he is going the way of Danny Graham. He just lacks that yard of pace, that extra bit of strength, that subtlety of touch, that bit of guile. He has to work really really hard to find that extra edge needed for this level be it movement or conditioning or tactics to make up for the fact he is not the fastest or strongest. Shawcross dominated him today. I was really surprised when Rednapp hooked the impressive Vargas (who can leap like Helgusson) rather than Charlie. Let's hope Austin is the kind of player who will think how to best cope and adapt
Charlie on 18:49 - Sep 20 with 663 viewsPunteR

Still early days. Scored at every level but the premiership is a big step up. I'm not writing him off ,i just feel he has to get better.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Charlie on 18:51 - Sep 20 with 662 viewsMarc

Charlie on 17:11 - Sep 20 by toboboly

Lack of service. We could have Costa and Suarez in this team and they wouldn't score.

Dont be so silly
Charlie on 18:52 - Sep 20 with 658 viewsMarc

Charlie on 18:10 - Sep 20 by yankranger

I really respect the effort he gives but I don't think he is good enough for this level.

Spot on.
Charlie on 19:00 - Sep 20 with 647 viewsLoft1979

Charlie on 18:52 - Sep 20 by Marc

Spot on.

Too early to make conclusions....really.
BUT....it is auspicious that similar players a
Like Danny Graham, possibly Hooper have had a few difficulties with the jump.
Charlie on 19:01 - Sep 20 with 642 viewsEalingRanger

Charlie on 19:00 - Sep 20 by Loft1979

Too early to make conclusions....really.
BUT....it is auspicious that similar players a
Like Danny Graham, possibly Hooper have had a few difficulties with the jump.

Danny Graham was fine until he moved to Sunderland.
Charlie on 19:04 - Sep 20 with 638 viewsTacticalR

Charlie on 18:39 - Sep 20 by baz_qpr

I think coming away today that is my biggest worry. I love Austin but I am a bit scared he is going the way of Danny Graham. He just lacks that yard of pace, that extra bit of strength, that subtlety of touch, that bit of guile. He has to work really really hard to find that extra edge needed for this level be it movement or conditioning or tactics to make up for the fact he is not the fastest or strongest. Shawcross dominated him today. I was really surprised when Rednapp hooked the impressive Vargas (who can leap like Helgusson) rather than Charlie. Let's hope Austin is the kind of player who will think how to best cope and adapt

I am not sure that 'subtlety of touch' is ever going to be his thing. A lot of his goals come from bulldozing the opposition or launching thunderbolts from distance.

Air hostess clique

Charlie on 19:18 - Sep 20 with 625 viewsbaz_qpr

but he is not strong enough to bulldoze the opposition at this level and that was kind of my point he is going to have to adjust because his game as it was in the championship does not work at this level
Login to get fewer ads

Charlie on 19:20 - Sep 20 with 619 viewsqueensparker

He's always been a bit clumsy and slow on the ground, even in the Championship. His real strength as a finisher is in the air, he's got a brilliant leap, ability to find space and a bullet header.

We need to get the right crosses in for him. That Phillips cross at the start of the second half was half a foot too high from Austin burying it. There were 3 or 4 times we were breaking down the wing today and I looked into the middle and Charlie was in acres of space waiting for the right ball.

Get Traore / Phillips / Isla / Hoilett / Barton etc feeding him some top crosses and he'll be tucking them in
Charlie on 19:23 - Sep 20 with 608 viewsTacticalR

He should have come down on Shawcross like a ton of bricks.

Air hostess clique

Charlie on 19:30 - Sep 20 with 602 viewsDoughnut

Lack of service ..for me.
Charlie on 19:43 - Sep 20 with 588 viewstimcocking

We all love Charlie, but i'm not sure he's good enough if i'm honest. Too slow. He needs good service, that's for sure.
I'm not sure our full backs are good enough either (don't worry, i won't mention back threes or Danny Simpson).
I'm not sure our midfield is good enough. Not enough enough legs.
Not sure our wingers are good enough.
Not sure our manager is good enough.
I'm not sure what is good enough.

Let's be truthful, we're the premier league's league's worst side so far, albeit only several weeks played. No balance, no shape, no pace or energy. Going to be a long and difficult season i fear. Oh well, you never know. We're not quite in the bottom three, let's hope we can hang on in there. We're better off than this time last time, just about. And at least we didn't lose to Hughes. Confidence might grow and the team may start to gel. But i'm very fearful.
Charlie on 20:47 - Sep 20 with 545 viewsqprmeath

Rather have him there than Borini on 90k a week
Charlie on 21:05 - Sep 20 with 524 viewsfakekerby

Charlie on 20:47 - Sep 20 by qprmeath

Rather have him there than Borini on 90k a week

If he'd got his head on the end of that superb Phillips cross, which he very nearly did, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Give him another ten games before writing him off, he's the best we've got.
Charlie on 21:35 - Sep 20 with 507 views1MoreBrightonR

Lack of service for me too. He isn't going to be great bit with service, he should get 10 or 15 this season...but other than the penalty, how many chances has he missed!?

We didn't have a single chance inside the area today other than the first goal and that's a huge concern for me. Until we offer some service, no striker will succeed. I do hope Vargas and Austin work together a bit better but at the end of the day, neither of them had any supply today
Charlie on 21:59 - Sep 20 with 472 viewsShotKneesHoop

Charlie on 21:35 - Sep 20 by 1MoreBrightonR

Lack of service for me too. He isn't going to be great bit with service, he should get 10 or 15 this season...but other than the penalty, how many chances has he missed!?

We didn't have a single chance inside the area today other than the first goal and that's a huge concern for me. Until we offer some service, no striker will succeed. I do hope Vargas and Austin work together a bit better but at the end of the day, neither of them had any supply today

He is the least of our problems, at least he gives a Jonathan and puts in the effort.

The only one who could do better is Alf Tupper out of the Beezer, who scores goals because of his diet of fish and chips every day. We've tried everything else, so get the bloke from Ocean Billys to put over some crosses and we'll find the net.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2014 22:02]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Charlie on 22:16 - Sep 20 with 452 viewsDiscodroids

sorry to say this, but i do think we look a bit , how can i put this ...like a struggling team on 'its a knockout 'when we throw old grey friairs bobby on..

its like watching a one of those giant jokers running about with stuart hall collapsing in fits of laughter..i find it a bit cringing when he comes on if im honest..

i cant think of another top flight team that would use him...a 2o minute cameo merchant as one of our only 3 strikers...its all a bit two bob after 18 months in charge harold.

i was hoping we might be taken seriously this season....millwall standard at best these days.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2014 22:18]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Charlie on 22:48 - Sep 20 with 428 viewsBasingstokeR

Has anyone seen Grant Holt or Emile Heskey play in the Premiership and score goals?

Austin is good enough - our team isn't playing well enough to get the best out of any of our players. Much less than the sum of the parts. Bad coaching, poor tactics - not really the ability level of hardly any of our players.
Charlie on 22:51 - Sep 20 with 426 viewsJigsore

even suggesting bobby is better than austin is completely laughable

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Charlie on 23:02 - Sep 20 with 407 views1MoreBrightonR

Watching arsenal on match of the day and their first three goals come from inside the area...and other than corners and that one Phillips cross, We barely got the ball in the area for either of strikers so to cast any judgement on them is harsh.
Charlie on 23:17 - Sep 20 with 398 viewsDylanP

I thought Charlie looked good and played well. First name on the team sheet for me every week. I thought Vargas did well too. Obviously, I would have preferred if both of them scored hat ricks, but you don't always get what you want.

I think we have a problem at the back. Ferninand looks slow and Isla had a mare.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Charlie on 08:54 - Sep 21 with 331 viewsDiscodroids

Charlie on 22:51 - Sep 20 by Jigsore

even suggesting bobby is better than austin is completely laughable

who suggested that!!!!!

fk me, send for the liquid cosh.

harold practically stands on the touchline waving a 6ft joker playing card when we send old greyfriars bobby on.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2014 10:16]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024